Prove there's a god.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#588826 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You have no evidence. All you have is rhetorical babble.
You are an embarrasment to your church/society and humanity...
"Imbicile"...
Carry on...we need the world to see what ingrates religions such as yours produce.
The bible is historically accurate, as well as proof of Christs resurrection. You're the little doggie in the room, we don't need you.

Since: May 11

Worksop, UK

#588827 Jan 15, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They should sign up for healthcare, not be obliged.
Universal Healthcare, the clue is in the name.

Everybody pays and everybody is eligible to receive it.

I pay national insurance contributions which pays for healthcare including dental and prescriptions, I go to the doctor when I need to, I go to the dentist when I need to, I take my prescription to the pharmacist and he gives me the medication. No money changes hands. If I choose to I can exercise my right to `go private` and be seen quicker, by the same doctor at the same hospital for many hundreds of pounds which my private plan will pay for if I wish to use it.

If I want an elective procedure like veneers or dental implants or a tummy tuck or my ears pinned back or a facelift then obviously I have to pay from my own pocket.

I know that there are people less fortunate than me who reap the benefits of the money I pay but that`s me being part of my society.

A society is more than a group of individuals who happen to live in the same place.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#588828 Jan 15, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
you change insurance providers...as soon as your cover starts you have a car crash.....but your insurance cover pays for the damage to your car, the car you crashed into and the medical expenses involved.
but you have only made one payment, it in no way covers the total amount of cost incurred.
Where did that money come from? It came from other people who pay into the system the same way you do but maybe they have never had a crash.
It comes from taxes. But Obama is investing far too much in healthcare, taking away from everybodies money. People pay to help the goverment, to help others, which is good. I think that is something that can be appreciated.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#588829 Jan 15, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
You mean you object to paying into a system the benefits of which may be derived by other people?
Not at all. I have a problem with people that don't work or pay taxes benefiting from me working & paying taxes.

I also don't appreciate the illegality of it. If I don't have my own health insurance (that I have to pay for), the government will fine me an extra tax. In America, the government is not allowed to force us to buy anything.
It`s like those people who were highly aggrieved when the volunteer fire department didn`t come `tout de suite` to put out their fire because they didn`t want to pay into the scheme for the cover.
Sometimes it pays to be an egalitarian.
I don't mind things being equal, but with Obamacare things are not equal.

I have a job so I have to (have to) pay for insurance or get a fine.

If I was unemployed and have no insurance, I still get fined but am not forced to purchase my own insurance.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#588830 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Careful Largelanguage, your fear is showing. Wouldn't want you to start needlessly praying now would we? LOL...
LOL, when a kid gives off some sort of "candor", it probably means they struggle with such! Nice! Where you raised in a religious patriarchial home?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#588831 Jan 15, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't solve the issue by blocking merely the means, but by blocking the cause.
Tell that to other countries where it has worked fool.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#588832 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep fishing fool. LOL...
I've caught a big one, didn't I!
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#588833 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It's all there in black and white. What's wrong Largelanguage, can't figure it out for yourself? Need someone to hold your hand and tell you what to think? Typical religitard loser.
Black and white? Clever clogs! Too smart, but yet so stupid, witty and dumb!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#588834 Jan 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Mr. Obama commented that he was "confident" that he can "move ahead, with, or without Congress...". He's made it abundantly clear that he has nothing but contempt for any law except what he makes up inside his own head.

He cant ban any type weapon without congress. But he can close the gun show loophole and enact some sort of mental health check.
The bill they plan to run through congress is out. Assault rifles and any type pistol that the clip isn't in the handle a slew of semiauto rifles as well as certain shotguns they are going to try to ban. But he may not get any of it.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#588835 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to other countries where it has worked fool.
Calling me the fool? You play it better, my heck! You've got a cheek! Your too funny! Did it?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#588836 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You were interacting with reasonable beings(luckily). More often than not that is not the case. I would prefer to be prepared for the situation and take control if at all possible...or go down trying, rather than allow any harm to come to my family or any innocent victims at the hands of thugs. That was the mindset of those who overtook the hijacked jet over PA. I applaud their effort to save lives in the face of their own demise. Tough decision-no time or room for fear.
I don't know how many of the reports we can believe about that PA plane, including bystanders on the ground who claim they saw a fighter jet which allegedly shot that plane down, as would have happened, after the others had crashed, if the fighters had got to them in time (kind of says a lot about the value of innocent civilians when your country will shoot down the plane you are in to prevent further loss of life but I guess that is what happens).

However, if the people on that plane had got word by cell phones from family telling them of the other crashes, such that they would have had a pretty good idea of what they were destined for, I guess it was a matter of either sit there and scream waiting for the final crash or take a long shot and see if they could take over the plane and save their own lives.

Even if all of the pilots were dead, I suspect living people would still think that if they could stop the terrorists, they could possibly get someone on the ground to tell them how to bring the plane down safely. It used to work that way in movies and tv shows.

It makes a good story, that they deliberately crashed the plane into the field to save further lives but sacrifice their own, but I kind of think, in a situation like that, that self preservation, would take priority over rational thought. Doubtful those people had the time to put all the facts together, except we are going to die, so let's try to stop it from happening.

August 2011 just after take off from Florida when there were a lot of thunderstorms going on after that bad hurricane had gone up the coast, we hit some really violent turbulence when we were only a few thousand feet off the ground, and my wife screamed and everyone on the plane looked like they were terrified. The pilot quickly told everyone to buckle up and stay buckled, until further notice, and the thought, this could be it, certainly went through my mind. Several people needed to pee but they wouldn't let them leave their seats.

Some part of me said that this is a common occurrence as I had been in lots of turbulence before but usually not that close to the ground, except on one very rough landing one year, where we hit really bad turbulence just before touchdown.

I stand willingly to be corrected.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588837 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
I would reach for my gun.... Oh wait...! LOL
Ya, wait.... You won't kill me, so you won't be using the gun for it's "designed purpose".....
The facts speak for themselves. The bibull is FULL of contradictions.
YAY!
Here's another;
EX 34:6, DT 7:9-10, TS 1:2 God is faithful and truthful. He does not lie.
NU 14:30 God breaks his promise.
EX 34:6 "And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming,“The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,"

NU 14:30 "Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun."

Those aren't contradictory, not even close.
We can do this all day;
OK, if you like embarassing yourself.
LE 19:18, MT 22:39 Love your neighbor [as much as] yourself.
1CO 10:24 Put your neighbor ahead of yourself.

LE 19:18 "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself."

1 CO 10:24 "No one should seek their own good, but the good of others."

Again, not contradictory. Complimentary, if anything.
How many times are you going to bang your head against the wall before you admit it? Probably a lot huh? LOL...
I know you people spend a lot of your time desperately trying to refute the Bible or to make it seem false or a lie or a myth, but you fail every time.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#588838 Jan 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is really an alien on a mission to destroy Congress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VepS-IyKOLEXX
lol

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#588839 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More British nonsense?
Go brush your gangly teeth.
I've never seen her/him "debate" anything. Christine's just here to insult people. If you really want to bug her you should ignore "her".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588840 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<
Your opinion is that God doesn't exist & is man-made.
Mylan wrote:
You seem to have a knee jerk reaction to this debate. Again you are wrong. this is fun.
I'm wrong?

Then that must mean your opinion is that God is real...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588841 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Logic dictates that it is a tool, just like a gun.
You know, the way you erase the message of the posts is very irritating and very intellectually dishonest.

Since: May 11

Worksop, UK

#588842 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I have a problem with people that don't work or pay taxes benefiting from me working & paying taxes.
I also don't appreciate the illegality of it. If I don't have my own health insurance (that I have to pay for), the government will fine me an extra tax. In America, the government is not allowed to force us to buy anything.
<quoted text>
I don't mind things being equal, but with Obamacare things are not equal.
I have a job so I have to (have to) pay for insurance or get a fine.
If I was unemployed and have no insurance, I still get fined but am not forced to purchase my own insurance.
You are governed by consent, you are policed by consent, your taxes pay for the mechanics of government and everything which is required to run a federalist state.

You cannot abrogate yourself from that, your state taxes purchase for you the services of the emergency services and the people who keep life ticking over.

You cannot say, "I`m not going to be forced to buy the services of the police this month so I am exempt from the law until next month because I`m going to engage a private security guard to protect me". If you want a private security guard then fine, its an extra for which you have elected to pay the police still have jurisdiction over you.

Federal universal health cover is and should be your mainstream plan which costs you the most, if you want extras then by all means pay for them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#588843 Jan 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll add it to the list.
How many are we up to now?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#588844 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. The word "love" has no rational translation in fundie-speak. When love is equivalent to genocide, racism, sexism, enslavement, and eternal torture, it is not love anymore.
Yes, it is amazing how many of us let that nasty prt, which is most of the Bible, sort of get past us when we were believers, because the love part was what was being emphasized by those who were indoctrinating us to believe.

Like telling the story of Abraham being willing to sacrifice his own son to God was told as if old Abe was some sort of a saint rather than an idiot. Of course now we know it was all a myth.
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#588845 Jan 15, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, God exists. he is the very reason you get one more breath...
Non sequitor FALLACY

try to do better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min oneear69 688,778
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 22 min Johnny 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min Demothieves 37,093
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 31 min Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr oneear69 121,925
___End Time ISRAEL -- 2017 FOREWARNINGS___ 2 hr oneear69 2
More from around the web