Prove there's a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#588249 Jan 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what's insane about wanting to walk around stark naked on a hot summer day ??..
Not ta worry HL. Clothes is jist a long running fad y'know.
**Although it can be justified in some cases...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#588250 Jan 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No! Your distaste for them is "your" problem.
Which you come here to make "our" problem.
Therefore us not having a problem till you showed up can honestly say. "You're the problem!"
Typical gun freak with typical circular reasoning.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#588251 Jan 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Death is not the penalty for robbery, so if you kill a robber, you are the one who has committed murder, and you are the one who should be charged with murder.
I can appreciate your value of of another humans life, but you are incorrect depending on your location. Let me reiterate it for you again.

States like Texas allow citizens protecting their homes, car, or place of business or employment to use force – including lethal force – when an intruder has unlawfully entered or is attempting to enter using force; is attempting to remove someone from the home, car, or workplace by force; or is attempting to commit a crime such as rape, murder, or robbery. An attempt to retreat is not required before a citizen is justified in using force against the invasive party in Texas.

It clearly states robbery as a reason to use deadly force.
It is the same where I live, I take this law was made for good reason. To let people know if you violate the sanctity of their home, you may pay a high price indeed. Thus only a fool would risk
doing so.

Location hidden

#588252 Jan 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned a few weeks ago that the USA has the largest prison population in the world; at least the most per 100,000 population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
Gee Canada only had 1 for every 7 per 100,000 that the USA has. We need more prisoners. Crime is rampan here. We have fewer church goers; they should all be in prison - I mean those that are not in church (or should that be the other way around?). No wonder the USA is almost bankrupt; they spend all their money on prisons.
Ah, I know the reason. It is all the people in the USA who carry guns that are hauling everyone to prison. That is the anser; put more guns on the street. Lock more people up.
Sorry, I just get up a while go, and I need a little levity to start my day, before the heavy work starts here.
Heh heh heh. We supply all the "stuff" ta the prospected prosoners, then make silly laws so we can "round 'em up", send 'em ta court an such. It's an "enterprose" system. makes all sorts o' money fer the state an county governments, an good exercise an training for otherwise usless cops...besides the lawyers need the work.

Location hidden

#588253 Jan 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat, when I was kid our guns were usually just leaning against the wall somewhere in the area where we hung our barn clothes, etc., and the ammunition could be in a junk drawer, which you had to rifle through to find enough bullets if you wanted to go hunting.
The thought of having a loaded shotgun loose in a home where there might be kids around is rather scary (granted most kids know how to load the guns anyway). One of my uncles was cleaning or fooling around with his gun and fired a bullet he didn't know was in it up through the ceiling to the floor above near where another family member was; fortunately no one was hurt. I know of another woman who killed a playmate when she was a kid when she was playing with some adult's guns.
Here those guns must be properly locked nowadays but I suspect some aren't. But if you have a gun safely locked away so your kids won't be playing with them, and the ammunition somewhere else, so it won't be as easy to load the gun, should someone figure out how to unlock them, what good are they going to be if you get a knock on the door which you think is the neighbor's kid coming over to play with your son, and 3 big burly guys, all carrying guns, burst thorugh the dooor when you open it.
Unless they make it very clear when they first arrive that you will be dead before they leave, the very last thing you should ever think of doing is going for a gun. Because those guys have the guns and they have the purpose, and you ARE going to die, especially if you pull a gun on them.
At that rate you cut your chances of survival to 10%(if you are that lucky).
I will take a better course.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#588254 Jan 14, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> A joint should keep you happy for 2/3 hrs.
A cigarette should keep you happy for 20 minutes.
Now is it because pot is stronger than tobacco you can go longer without or is it that tobacco is much more addictive that you need it more often.
And don't forget people add tobacco to their pot, so what are they really craving? The pot or the tobacco.
a whole joint will keep you and three buddies happy

tobacco is added, for a better burn rate, to smooth the taste, to bulk up the dope, make it more roll-able and less potent.

no one smokes a pinch of tobacco, because they are addicted.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#588255 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Can you explain why the UK with their comprehensive gun ban more violent crime than the US ?
Yes, actually I can. After their gun control changed they converted over to a different form of record keeping as noted below. There was a slight peak around 2006 but the rates have been consistently falling each and every year. as shown in the graphs.

Now I understand that you don't want to hear this because you were having so much fun with your faulty stats, but these are the facts. Guess you can't use the UK as an example anymore. Maybe you could use Australia. Oops, you can't use that one either. Hey, how about Japan? Aww... that one won't work for you either. Imagine that. LOL

http://angelars.com/img/ukhomsiderates.jpg

"British crime statistics are complicated partly because of double recording. Firstly, there are the official police figures (which historically under-record the true level of crime). Then there is the old British Crime Survey - now the Crime Survey for England and Wales - where over 40,000 people are asked for their direct experiences of crime. This is regarded as the most authoritative of either."

"Crimes recorded by the police in England and Wales FELL by 6.1% between the years ending June 2011 and June 2012, according to the latest crime statistics."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/...

Location hidden

#588256 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I may not enjoy the smell of someone's fart but I am not arrogant enough to try and get legislation passed to ban them.
OH NO!
Folks who fart in public should immediately be put into constipation camps.

Location hidden

#588257 Jan 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I've added that to my list.
Here is the rest of it. Marijuana is good medicine:
[1] "Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, Harvard study shows"
http://current.com/community/89799784_marijua...
[2] "Is a Cure Coming? Marijuana Compound Stops Aggressive Cancers"
http://www.care2.com/causes/is-a-cure-coming-...
[3] "The endocannabinoid system and multiple sclerosis - cannabinoids may not only offer symptom control but may also slow the neurodegenerative disease progression that ultimately leads to the accumulation of disability."
[4] "Combining Components of Marijuana Enhances Inhibitory Effects on Brain Cancer"
http://www.cpmc.org/about/press/news2010/thc-...
[5] "Marijuana could prevent Alzheimer’s"
http://qbit.cc/marijuana-could-prevent-alzhei...
[6] "Andrew Weil: Medical Marijuana's Tremendous Potential for Curing Ailments"
http://archive.truthout.org/andrew-weil-medic...
[7] "105 Peer-Reviewed Studies on Marijuana"
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resou...
[8] "Marijuana Is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?"
http://www.lewrockwell.com/armentano-p/arment...
[9] "News Every Pothead Must Know"
http://news.menshealth.com/news-every-pothead...
Good Nuff!
As soon as it's made legal again, I'm switch'n straightaway! I'm keep'n the still though. That means I gotta keep the gun too-ta keep all them cristers from robb'n the shine.

Location hidden

#588258 Jan 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's recommended not to go naked in a tanning bed because the nipples burn quicker than other parts of the body AND burned nipples can cause breast cancer.
Wear pasties.

Location hidden

#588259 Jan 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that tanning beds have pretty well been claimed to be too dangerous, period, though I have never even seen one.
It's one o' them "covert" govt. opperations ta make everone appear black(equality y'know)...that's why they calls 'em "black opps". An on the other side of the coin, they's test'n it out as a full body microwave unit fer when they run out of "food" ta feed them prison folk.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#588260 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, god is nonexistent!
Yes, God exists. he is the very reason you get one more breath...

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#588261 Jan 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It's one o' them "covert" govt. opperations ta make everone appear black(equality y'know)...that's why they calls 'em "black opps". An on the other side of the coin, they's test'n it out as a full body microwave unit fer when they run out of "food" ta feed them prison folk.
lol The government treats us all like nulls.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#588262 Jan 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, God exists. he is the very reason you get one more breath...
I value my imagination too, but not sure it keeps me breathing?

Location hidden

#588263 Jan 14, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Germans are religious? How could they kill so many people
and then believe in God. The christians believe in the skull.
You'll have ta ask all them Moses folks that killed off the Midianites an hittites an all that. The only difference is that one cult was Hebrews, and the other was cathaholics...both being abrahamic nuts.

Location hidden

#588264 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8Eatt6SgI8cXX&list=FLPTHI 8N8kpWoRq5bOCJ0rMg&index=1
Banning guns is using people with guns to take away other people's guns.( and creates a black market)
FYI, I do not run any "right wing pro-gun web sites" so your use of "your" is inaccurate.
Exactly...fear tactic.

Location hidden

#588265 Jan 14, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
then you are in the minority.
I love to read the many letters and speeches our founding fathers wrote as they constructed our constitution.
and the many presidents to follow,
such as Abraham Lincoln:
"No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out
these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the most high
God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath
nevertheless remembered mercy." Abraham Lincoln.
America was the greatest nation on earth because of our trust in God.... and as we decline morally we see the blessing of God being removed. Look at the shape we are in, Look at the irreversable tide that is taking us under the current of economic and moral destruction.
It is the greatest nation [because] we do not allow the people to be ruled by ridiculous religious tenets and zealots, like those who still stone, burn, and torture their subjugates over frivolous petty nonsense like your religious doctrine suggests. Your deity's actions and "laws" are contrary to our lands constitution and bill of rights...and because of that guarantee, you and your abhorrent beliefs are allowed to remain within it's borders, and free to practice your foolishness until such time as you actually try to enforce those tenets which break the laws of this nation...and that is the only reason.

Location hidden

#588266 Jan 14, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
well ya see, I KNOW you ask this for the purpose of insulting me.
This is why i hesitate to reveal anything of that nature on here.
Plus as we have all seen in regards to other posters, to much personal data is not wise.
If i tell you the areas of my expertees you will be able to conclude things best left unknown on topix.
My proficienies, talents, capabilities, and skills are vast.
Yup Yer expertees sho is.

HEY BOBO c'mere...Ya jist gotta read this...swaller yer soda pop first though!

Location hidden

#588267 Jan 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. several of my neighbors have binoculars ..
That's called enhancement.

Location hidden

#588268 Jan 14, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
He will come like a thief in the night.
Disingenuous, less than honorable tactic(one used by thieves, not gods). That may very well have been meant to describe the churches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 41,172
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min waaasssuuup 8,362
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Lyndi 177,900
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Michael 603,582
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Pegasus 272,906
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 49 min andet1987 12
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 57 min andet1987 6,411
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr sangili karuppan 7,656
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr Critical Eye 4,082
More from around the web