Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Death is the end for all men!
Really??
flup

Christchurch, New Zealand

#588361 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure most people here already knew that.
Thanx, Mylan.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#588362 Jan 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No that was a bit of banter between Aura and myself however it may surprise you to know that the huge fences at the borders of the US are not the end of the world. Only in certain countries can murder be justified by law.
Guns in the US are legal because of 1 independence and 2 the constitution of unalienable rights that can be amended. Your insecurity did not come into the creation of the law and guns stay legal because the NRA and like organisations have a strong political lobby.
However a lobby is not the public and of the public polls I see around 70% of the US public would like to see either much tougher gun laws or complete ban on gun ownership by the public.
You're full of it Christine. No one but the people can amend the constitution , and they cannot change the wording.
To do so is monkeying with the string that binds this nation.
I know it is beyond you to understand the 10 amendments
are conditions set out by the people as sovereign people.
The collective will of the people made the sovereign power and conditions that would bind the nation together.

If you pull the bindings out the Constitution unravels and falls apart and ceases to be united. Because these are unalienable rights , only the minds of the people can take the gun away.
So the words will never change , but some of the people can choose to lay them down on their own. That's the only way and here's why.

The purpose of the Second Amendment was to preserve the right of States to protect themselves, by armed resistance if necessary, from a tyrannical and overreaching central government.

Sorry we will never give that up. The way things have been going with the division in this country now, it isn't far away either.
You are poking around in a fire , better be careful.
You should read what a Russian citizen said about it.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/2...
Pat

East Granby, CT

#588363 Jan 15, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Death is not the penalty for robbery, so if you kill a robber, you are the one who has committed murder, and you are the one who should be charged with murder.
Death is the penalty for home invasion - in my house.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#588364 Jan 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I can appreciate your value of of another humans life, but you are incorrect depending on your location. Let me reiterate it for you again.
States like Texas allow citizens protecting their homes, car, or place of business or employment to use force – including lethal force – when an intruder has unlawfully entered or is attempting to enter using force; is attempting to remove someone from the home, car, or workplace by force; or is attempting to commit a crime such as rape, murder, or robbery. An attempt to retreat is not required before a citizen is justified in using force against the invasive party in Texas.
It clearly states robbery as a reason to use deadly force.
It is the same where I live, I take this law was made for good reason. To let people know if you violate the sanctity of their home, you may pay a high price indeed. Thus only a fool would risk
doing so.
It is the same in CT. No requirement to retreat when on ones own property.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#588365 Jan 15, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my attention. I want to know everything you think you know (maybe u do) about the beginning of the time? Start with total darkness. The world as we know it, is void.... Go!....
& Henry, I'm not talking to you. So butt out! You couldn't hold a normal conversation, if you tried!
I can't tell ya 'bout that. I wasn't there. If you will settle for my opinion, I think that the "all" is a perpetual state of the interaction of motion of energy at a quantum state..that producing what you perceive as "matter"...which then eventually reverts back to it's original form of energy and cycles perpetually. This possibly being the reason that "gravity" attracts even at distances of "light years". Your planet experiences cyclic action, as your solar system, as your orb, as your greater universe, and all are interactive in effect by these principles of the interaction of wave forms of energy and attraction as is the "atomic" state(what is above-so is below).

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#588366 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'm comparing the killing capability of both.
<quoted text>
Strange. I guess you don't know that vehicles are the #1 killer of kids 1-13....
<quoted text>
There ya go! "prospective murder weapons". You're learning.
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what a thing is designed for, almost anything can be used as a deadly weapon.
Ok then bring cancer into your argument, it’s a major killer. How about mosquitoes? They kill millions of people a year.

I know and funnily enough at any one time there are a lot more cars on the streets than guns. Strange that isn’t it? Does that give you the excuse you need to own a gun?

Learning what? I have been aware of the word prospective for some years. Look you fool, I know the majority of guns are not used to kill, that makes no difference to those that are.

Yes, however, if (and only if) a device is only used for its designated purpose then guns are designed and built as a weapon and cars (or pencils) are not. How they are used makes no difference to their designated purpose.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#588367 Jan 15, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> You have no idea how God operates, numbnutz.
Either do cristers flup. Really.

#588368 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrational nonsense. Guns can be used properly, cars can be used improperly to kill. Your point is pointless.
The operative word is CAN.

Irrational??? Says the guy arguing that a gun which is designed and manufactured as a weapon should be used properly!!! The mind boggles

My point is that the soft squidgy bit can and does flip his lid

As to whether my point is pointless how about asking the parents of the children killed at Sandy Nook
Pat

East Granby, CT

#588369 Jan 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That my dear does not ease the minds of the parents of the children murdered at Sandy Nook. Nor does it ease the minds of the relatives of the victims at Aurora. However it’s an excuse that you use to justify yourself to live with – right?
What has drunk driving got to do with guns? Oh wait a moment, nothing, you are simply trying to justify yourself with irrelevancies. Apples and oranges, coconuts and sharks…
What has drunk driving got to do with your justification? Oh wait a moment, nothing, you are simply trying to justify yourself with irrelevancies. Apples and oranges, coconuts and sharks…
If you don’t have a decent or valid argument then you are not fit to own the weapon you argue for. So tell me have you got an argument that actually is gun based? Or are you hiding behind a 300+ year old law with nothing but fear that someone has a bigger one than you?
There is a reason why there are more gun deaths in countries without gun laws, that reason is guns are available to everyone, including the nuts. However until you are personally effected by such tragedy then there is no point in you even trying to understand that apples should be compared with apples.
A person who misuses a gun and kills someone does not invalidate the legitimate purpose of owning guns any more than a person who misuses a car and kills someone invalidates the legitimate purpose of using the car. The fact guns are designed to do harm and cars are not is irrelevant since there is a legitimate legal reason to do harm to someone with a gun. This analogy between guns and cars should not confuse you.

Nothing that you say will ever invalidate my right to protect myself from sociopaths by keeping a gun in my home. You clearly are unable to look at this issue without your emotions getting in the way.

"That my dear does not ease the minds of the parents of the children murdered at Sandy Nook. Nor does it ease the minds of the relatives of the victims at Aurora."

Nor the victims of drunk drivers... Your point?

#588370 Jan 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Considered and thought carefully over the pros and cons.
Decided to keep and exorcise my second amendment.
Your choice.

#588371 Jan 15, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well said!
Thanks

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#588372 Jan 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>We need an "ugly filter" built into our retinas.
xD
j/k
I've seen kids that are so ugly they are cute. It happens. Or maybe it's just some flaw in my perception; like the flip-flop that supposedly happens between an image entering the pupil and then the retina.
I think that it is a flaw in your perception. Damn ugly kids. They should just be taken out of gene pool. Not that ugly is a subjective matter or a matter of perception ugly is what ugly is.. a waste of visual processes.

#588373 Jan 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Me either I'm American.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IGMPe09-yN8XX
Yes we know, you just exercised your right to the second amendment of the unalienable constitution

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#588374 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
We all don't live in a fortress with no windows and steel doors. Things get stolen all the time and it is of no fault of the owner. This is why we need guns, to step on the sociopaths who like to steal.
we agree on something

guns are owned by sociopaths
Pat

East Granby, CT

#588375 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> No it doesn't. Violence is conceived in the mind---not the weapon.So deal with the "real" core problem. Get rid of the "nuts"...and the "nuts" that teach them that shit...religion and it's zealotry and hatred for anything and the teaching (from childbirth) to rid the world of the "enemy" might be a good starting point.
I don't need a reference to this insanity...it is everywhere in the world, and is the largest perpetrator of injustice and genocide facing the world today. DUH!
Blacks are the biggest suckers on earth for the god garbage, they also happen to be about ten times more violent than whites. However it is not their religion causing them to form gangs, shoot and steal, it is their innate lack of moral sense. Sociopathic personality disorder is about ten times greater amongst blacks and it shows up early, in juvenile delinquency rates. Unfortunately there is no cure, for moral sense , like IQ is mostly genetic and this is why religious teachings have no effect on improving the ethics of blacks, or any other group for that matter.

As you should be aware, blacks are the biggest part of the gun violence problem in America, though it is too politically incorrect for Obama or any politician to point that out.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#588376 Jan 15, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The public has a choice as to whether or not to enter an establishment that allows legal behaviors that they do not agree with. Nobody forces people to enter their place of business.
a place of business open to the public may not discriminate against the non-smoker

#588377 Jan 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You saying it don't make it true,
or do you feel you cornered the market on stupid?
What, posting a link to a site promoting guns designed to kill and claiming they aren’t is not stupid?

Have you seen your psychiatrist recently?

Honey, you know me by now and every time you try a little spite it flares, is that what you are intending? Or have you cornered the market on stupid
Pat

East Granby, CT

#588378 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>He has a choice...he elected to take the consequences of THAT choice.
The predator who comes in through my window will indeed suffer the consequences of their choice and in my home it is the death penalty.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#588379 Jan 15, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
we agree on something
guns are owned by sociopaths
Every police officer and soldier in the world is a sociopath? That is a strong absolute to make as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min here 47,829
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Catholic24 646,321
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 27 min Breedu 493
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 29 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,011
jb bohsia yg terbesar (Sep '08) 31 min Jawaking 43
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 39 min LetsRoleplayThen 9
Wholesale Nike Kobe 11 Basketball Shoes on www.... 53 min nbakobe11 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 105,569
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web