Prove there's a god.
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#588332 Jan 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. Anybody who would refuse to torture is more moral than your god.
<quoted text>
I would agree. So much for being made in its image.
<quoted text>
Your god is the most sadistic and genocidal creature in all of fiction, far surpassing your devil. If sin or your god existed, then your god would have been the one to create it, and deliberately.
Yeah, I know they used to torture suspected witches and warlocks during The Inquisition, but THEY weren't TRUE Christians (even tho it DOES say in the Bible "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" - Exodus 22:18). Secondly, I say again, there is no comparing us with Him. We are indeed made in His image. Thirdly, God did NOT create SIN, and NOT intentionally either. That was the work of the Devil. God DETESTS SIN. He RUED the day He ever created humankind (Genesis 6:5-7) which is why He had to settle it once and for all through His only begotten Son dying on the cross, to be resurrected victorious, thus conquering Death, and giving humanity the pathway to eternal life (Romans 6:23).
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#588333 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They forgot to ban religion(which produces all the hatred in the first place) as well.
No, they "forget" not, but they misuse it in their own interests!
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#588334 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not for an omniscient.
<quoted text>
Is this what you meant by, "I still go by what I say"?
==========
Here's the take-home message: You and I were once both encased in the same Christian cocoon. One of us bored out, and one didn't. I think that the reasons why are obvious. Christians would say that my faith was weak, and that I never really knew their god. I'm not sure that I would disagree.
But you CAN KNOW GOD through His Word, the Holy Bible. It will give you a reason for living. Think about it. You're an intelligent guy. When you look back on your whole life as you grow older, you will think to yourself, "Man!! I didn't know life was so short!! All those years of me saying those wicked, terrible, unspeakable things against the Lord, giving Him the finger, pissing Him off all the time, telling him to go eff Himself. Now, I'm an old codger who can barely walk, AND I'm getting DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to DEATH!! I think I'd better turn my life around and turn to God. Life really IS very short. Maybe there IS something in what that "flup" guy told me all those years ago on the Net." I'm praying for ya, man.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#588335 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to shoot bullets.
<quoted text>
The argument is that a car CAN be used to kill, just like a gun.
<quoted text>
What guy? And if he's "shooting" , he probably has a gun.
<quoted text>
Even a gun in an unlicensed and unsupervised hand can counter the nutcases.
<quoted text>
Agreed. Lets find & eliminate the nutcases.
<quoted text>
So find the nutcases & we don't have a problem.
<quoted text>
You don't get to determine who is or isn't "fit" to carry a gun. So sorry.
So you are implying that bullets meant for enhancing a flower display?– you moron

So can a pencil, so can a nuclear weapon, your point is what?

Well in this case Adam Lanza and yes he had a gun, there are dead children that can be used to verify that. Perhaps you can explain to the parents how you feel?

Assuming the nutcase is not the one with the gun or the nutcase is not a better shot or the nutcase is not out of his head on something from south of the border or the nutcase is not … etc, etc.

OK, you are outa here…

Everyone is capable of loosing it so your silly argument is that we get rid of everyone because you want a gun. Why should everyone suffer because you are sh|t scared humanity? Surely only the ones with the hots to own a weapon should have their nuts eliminated? Or is that to simplistic for a gung ho, mine is bigger than yours, ego-testical moron?

Actually in my country I do. It’s called the vote, democracy, ever hear of it? However if all you can do is offer invalid comparisons to justify your fear then it’s obvious that you are mentally unfit, what was that about eliminating nutcases?

When you have a valid argument come back and try again
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#588337 Jan 15, 2013
bobbi wrote:
<quoted text>
prove there isn't
We don`t have to prove there is no god. We don`t even to prove there is no sphagetti monster!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#588336 Jan 15, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
(Yawn)... Enlighten me then, oh dark blunder...
Well, ya gotta pick a target y'know. I don't want'a divulge ALL the secrets what I know ...even if'n I does know everth'n.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#588338 Jan 15, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Batboy, Did I say imagination keeps you breathing? No, didn't think so. I did not stutter. God 'allows' you to breathe. So what 'Atheist Adlib' imput do you have to contribute? if any... Respectfully, SL :)
Sorry not the slightets idea of any god!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#588339 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They forgot to ban religion(which produces all the hatred in the first place) as well.
The mighty and the rich one they did not forget religions they misuse them!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#588340 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk 'bout befuddled!
Very astonishing how did you get to know this garbage?
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#588341 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't be so smug.
I have no reason to believe in an afterlife, but however unlikely one may be, I have no way to rule one out, either. What I can rule out is your god, meaning that if we do awaken after death to some kind of judgment, we have no idea who will be judging us, by what criteria, or what is at stake. All we can say for certain is that Jesus won't be there.
You were given the twin gifts of reason and conscience, both of which your church profanes, as when it asks you to believe the absurd and love the sadistically insane.
If we were created, perhaps you are deeply offending our true creators. If one of us is judged harshly, it may be you for selling yourself out so cheaply and wasting those gifts. Perhaps you were expected to use those gifts to search and seek them.
And what did you do instead? You let an inferior religion corrupt and pervert those faculties. As a result, you never even looked at their universe, nor your magnificent self, both of which you have learned to despise, scoffingly calling one "the world," and the other "the flesh."
Your religion has taught you that you are horribly flawed filth, and that matter itself - the substance of the universe - is vile. I think that you should have known better and rejected that offensive message. Your "sin" might turn out to be accepting the garbage that your religion teaches.
If that's the case - if you and I face some judgment some day - it may well be that you are the one that has to answer. If so, I'll try to put in a good word for you. I just hope I don't find you curled up on the floor in the fetal position shouting "Get the behind me, Satan" at our hosts. That would be a very poor strategy, and I doubt that I could help you.
Look, IANS. We are living in a VERY, VERY WICKED WORLD. VERY wicked. The SHARP INCREASE in the number of UNBELIEVERS (such as yourself) reflects that. Iwouldn't be surprised if, within 50 years or so, there will be VERY FEW Christians left in the world. Less than half a percent, maybe even smaller. The GREAT MAJORITY will be atheists like yourself, many of which believe in evolution. We're talking AT LEAST 95 per cent of the world's human pop. And as for the JUDGMENT, Jesus WILL be there, I assure you that. But you are right in that I will be judged before you (1 Peter 4:17). Yes, my religion teaches me that I AM FILTH, and that I AM NOTHING without GOD. But He HAS provided a WAY OUT - His Son, the LORD Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#588342 Jan 15, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, there's that word, delusion... Atheist like to pass around the same words, and phrases... So, how do 'you' think we got here? Man walked straight out from the ocean? Know...Better yet, we evolved from Apes? Oh boy, can't wait!:)
What> First time ya ever heared "delusion " ...oh, it's been around fer a long time. I think Herod was said to have mumbled someth'n 'bout it at the trial fer non payment o' taxes an such, an that was a ways back fer you earth folks.
Now ....'bout you think'n that apes was fish what jist walked out of the ocean...That jist never happened. Some o' mankind did go back ta the ocean ta live though. The're called mermaids by lanlubbers...but ther real as yer foot is, a NOAH team has documented that.
Now, If'n ya want's a complete history of the time o' mankind on this earth, I can't promise a intricate completely detailed report back past 8000 years ago...the cristers burned an destroyed most of it, coz they didn't want folks ta know the real truth(that they're ly'n).

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#588343 Jan 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it? Then comparing guns with nuclear weapons is logical – right?
After all, a nuclear weapons can be used to kill right?
How about a pencil? Yes, that too can be used to kill.
Cars kill more people than sharks so do we compare them? Do we compare guns to sharks?
Pencils don't kill people. They mispell words.

Location hidden

#588344 Jan 15, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they "forget" not, but they misuse it in their own interests!
I gotta agree with ya. That's why it's still here son.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#588345 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is irrelevant anyway since there are legal and justifiable reasons to kill which is exactly why guns are legal to begin with.
No that was a bit of banter between Aura and myself however it may surprise you to know that the huge fences at the borders of the US are not the end of the world. Only in certain countries can murder be justified by law.

Guns in the US are legal because of 1 independence and 2 the constitution of unalienable rights that can be amended. Your insecurity did not come into the creation of the law and guns stay legal because the NRA and like organisations have a strong political lobby.

However a lobby is not the public and of the public polls I see around 70% of the US public would like to see either much tougher gun laws or complete ban on gun ownership by the public.

Location hidden

#588346 Jan 15, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Very astonishing how did you get to know this garbage?
By keep'n yer mouth shut an yer eyes an ears open. Varmints jist show up when it's quiet.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#588347 Jan 15, 2013
bobbi wrote:
<quoted text>
prove there isn't
Wrong thread.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#588348 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ya gotta pick a target y'know. I don't want'a divulge ALL the secrets what I know ...even if'n I does know everth'n.
You got my attention. I want to know everything you think you know (maybe u do) about the beginning of the time? Start with total darkness. The world as we know it, is void.... Go!....

& Henry, I'm not talking to you. So butt out! You couldn't hold a normal conversation, if you tried!
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#588349 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
We know what Christian love is. Your religion has the sickest definition of love going. You call the most vicious monster in all of fiction omnibenevolent - the one said to have subjected humanity to multiple genocides, a flood, an apocalypse, and then plans to keep his soul alive to experience agonizing pain for eternity in a torture pit he built run by a demon god that he made. This is what Christians call perfect love.
Now let's let it leaders - the people you Christians elevate to leadership positions- speak for the love of your god:
[1] Mother Teresa learned to "think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." It's easy to see how looking at an image of Christ on a crucifix. As a result, she sent millions of dollars donated to her hospices to comfort the dying poor to the Vatican treasury, and just let them suffer.
[2] Here's a little more Christian love: "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue. 1993
[3] From the loving Martin Luther:“What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn. Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them."
[4] From Hitler: "In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison."
[5] From Bush Sr.: "No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”
And some more from less well known Christians :
[6]“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley
[7] Meet the good Christian Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... : " God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment."
[8] And here is the Lord's faithful servant KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... : "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones."
[9] From our good friend Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF... : "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." His Christian buddy agreed with him.
Sorry, but you people haven't got a clue what love is.
You're just being selective.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#588350 Jan 15, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry not the slightets idea of any god!
Sir Henry, You are a Coward and a 'Troll' behind your little grey box. Trust me, you don't want to mess with me! You've been warned!
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#588351 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
We know what Christian love is. Your religion has the sickest definition of love going. You call the most vicious monster in all of fiction omnibenevolent - the one said to have subjected humanity to multiple genocides, a flood, an apocalypse, and then plans to keep his soul alive to experience agonizing pain for eternity in a torture pit he built run by a demon god that he made. This is what Christians call perfect love.
Now let's let it leaders - the people you Christians elevate to leadership positions- speak for the love of your god:
[1] Mother Teresa learned to "think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." It's easy to see how looking at an image of Christ on a crucifix. As a result, she sent millions of dollars donated to her hospices to comfort the dying poor to the Vatican treasury, and just let them suffer.
[2] Here's a little more Christian love: "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue. 1993
[3] From the loving Martin Luther:“What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn. Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them."
[4] From Hitler: "In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison."
[5] From Bush Sr.: "No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”
And some more from less well known Christians :
[6]“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley
[7] Meet the good Christian Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... : " God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment."
[8] And here is the Lord's faithful servant KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... : "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones."
[9] From our good friend Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF... : "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." His Christian buddy agreed with him.
Sorry, but you people haven't got a clue what love is.
Piffle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min MUQ2 44,118
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min scientia potentia... 28,369
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min truth 618,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min Steve 637,249
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 280,471
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 1 hr Kisses7644 365
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Barnsweb 18,499
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Plums3521 4,740
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 hr truth 37,988
More from around the web