“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#587784 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
We already do outlaw obnoxious behaviors, loud music, urinating in public and so forth. Irrational, inconsiderate fools like you are why we need no smoking laws.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Trying to derail the conversation by making ad hom against me... that is inconsiderate.
.. do you enjoy smelling the fragrance of someone's fart ??..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#587785 Jan 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH YES! I can agree with that. The trash that idiots throw out on the highways and streets is another pet peeve of mine. I have never done that, and I have been all over this nation. It has to cost a fortune to clean up after these careless pigs...Taxes?
What gets me is the idiots who put their garbage in big garbage bags and then take them to some sideroad and throw them at the side of the road. If they are going to all that bother why not just leave it for the garbge truck? It seems when a person has a coffee, or a can of pop (to Americans that is soda), when they finish they just leave the empty cup or can wherever they were.

When I was in Hongkong in 2002, there were signs all over about leaving trash on the streets.$600 fine for spitting out your gum on the street. Gee what would we do here if we didn't have all that gum to step on; it helps give you traction, doesn't it?
Pat

Granby, CT

#587786 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all! Almost seven billion peoples are misled as far as religions are concerned. We don`t have to prove there is no god, not even a sphagetti monster. The reality is true, but not the slightest chance of any phantastic religion ever.
You do need proof if you claim there is no god. How much do we really know about the universe? Have you all the answers about the universe and how it came to be? Your claim lacks proof and is grossly premature at this point in time.
There is no reason at all to believe in god would be accurate and with that statement no proof is needed.
Henry

Germany

#587787 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry, you need to be able to prove the claims that you make or else you are just stooping to the same low level as the theist.
We (the atheists!) don`t have to prove anything, not we are saying there is a god. Religions are faking their phantasm. Ever more people are educated and are realising the deceipt of religion. The level are the facts. Religions has no facts at all just phantasm are not realistic! We have the facts, that say no facts for any religions!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#587788 Jan 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Whose liberty? Your freedom to smoke wherever you'd like and to get sick at my expense? Freedom isn't free.
It's not at your expense. I pay my own wa, dude.

Location hidden

#587790 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not where I live it doesn't. We have no law in CT that requires guns be kept in a vault. If it is in your home and is stolen you are not liable.
Pat, when I was kid our guns were usually just leaning against the wall somewhere in the area where we hung our barn clothes, etc., and the ammunition could be in a junk drawer, which you had to rifle through to find enough bullets if you wanted to go hunting.

The thought of having a loaded shotgun loose in a home where there might be kids around is rather scary (granted most kids know how to load the guns anyway). One of my uncles was cleaning or fooling around with his gun and fired a bullet he didn't know was in it up through the ceiling to the floor above near where another family member was; fortunately no one was hurt. I know of another woman who killed a playmate when she was a kid when she was playing with some adult's guns.

Here those guns must be properly locked nowadays but I suspect some aren't. But if you have a gun safely locked away so your kids won't be playing with them, and the ammunition somewhere else, so it won't be as easy to load the gun, should someone figure out how to unlock them, what good are they going to be if you get a knock on the door which you think is the neighbor's kid coming over to play with your son, and 3 big burly guys, all carrying guns, burst thorugh the dooor when you open it.

Unless they make it very clear when they first arrive that you will be dead before they leave, the very last thing you should ever think of doing is going for a gun. Because those guys have the guns and they have the purpose, and you ARE going to die, especially if you pull a gun on them.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#587791 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
cowards should not be allowed to own guns
Tell that to Obama.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587792 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
We (the atheists!) don`t have to prove anything, not we are saying there is a god. Religions are faking their phantasm. Ever more people are educated and are realising the deceipt of religion. The level are the facts. Religions has no facts at all just phantasm are not realistic! We have the facts, that say no facts for any religions!
That is true, you are not saying there is a god Henery you are claiming there is not one and yes, you need proof for that. If all you were doing was rejecting the theists claim of a god as unproven then no, you need no proof, they do but that is not what you are doing. You are not simply stating that their claim of a god is unproven, you are going beyond that and stating their claim is false. Prove that it is false, or accept that you are no better then them by making claims you can not back up.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#587793 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"If people didn't want to go to a smoking establishment then they wouldn't. If people don't want to work at a smoking establishment then, yes they can find another place for employment."
The guy with lung problems just might HAVE TO go to the pharmacy to get his prescription so allowing people or employees to smoke there is IRRATIONAL. We all NEED food so allowing smoking in the market is IRRATIONAL. If your ignorant remarks were applied to nothing more than the SMOKE SHOP I would agree with you.
Smoking is obnoxious behavior to a non smoker and it has every right to be banned in public as much as masturbating in public does. It is rude, inconsiderate obnoxious behavior and it should be done in the privacy of your own home.
What is irrational is not letting the market decide what works for them. Are you saying that if not for the smoking bans then every place would be a smoking establishment regardless of what the consumer wants? Ever here of boycotts? Not to mention, you can grocery shop, order medications, and pretty much anything else that you can think of online. Also, just because I support the rights of private business owners to decide what type of customer they want to cater to does not mean that I participate in the legal behaviors in which I support. I support the second amendment but I do not own a gun. I support legalization of drugs but I do not use drugs, heck I rarely even drink. So, please stop make making baseless accusations about me.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#587794 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
....at a minimum, you should pay for the costs of your choices.
over and over again,.....
Like sluts should pay for their own abortions after careless sexual escapades?

Gotcha.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#587796 Jan 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
We already do outlaw obnoxious behaviors, loud music, urinating in public and so forth. Irrational, inconsiderate fools like you are why we need no smoking laws.
<quoted text>
.. do you enjoy smelling the fragrance of someone's fart ??..
I may not enjoy the smell of someone's fart but I am not arrogant enough to try and get legislation passed to ban them.
Henry

Germany

#587795 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Disagree. Anybody who would refuse to torture is more moral than your god.
<quoted text>
I would agree. So much for being made in its image.
<quoted text>
Your god is the most sadistic and genocidal creature in all of fiction, far surpassing your devil. If sin or your god existed, then your god would have been the one to create it, and deliberately.
Not true, god does not exist so he (she, it)is not existing at all! The same with the sphagetti monster! I don`t have to prove that it is not existent

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#587797 Jan 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What gets me is the idiots who put their garbage in big garbage bags and then take them to some sideroad and throw them at the side of the road. If they are going to all that bother why not just leave it for the garbge truck? It seems when a person has a coffee, or a can of pop (to Americans that is soda), when they finish they just leave the empty cup or can wherever they were.
When I was in Hongkong in 2002, there were signs all over about leaving trash on the streets.$600 fine for spitting out your gum on the street. Gee what would we do here if we didn't have all that gum to step on; it helps give you traction, doesn't it?
http://adoptahighway.com/home.html...
Henry

Germany

#587798 Jan 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthier?
At least it DOES have some valid medicinal properties, but "healthy" implies that it is akin to eating fruits and vegetables.
Safer?
Yes. Much safer that cigarettes. Unless you smoke the equivalent of one or two packs a day of marijuana. Some people might do that, but in general one or two joints a day-joints which are much smaller than cigarettes-is more typical, while for some, one or two PUFFS a day is sufficient.
If you've got facts to counter that, post them.
Sorry I don`t have to counter any myth. Religions are myths no more!

Location hidden

#587799 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other employees, they don't count? So a person with breathing issues doesn't count? He should have to drive an extra 30 miles to find the same kind of business where no smoking is allowed?
The fact that this obnoxious habit of smoking is legal is irrelevant to the subject. It's legal to cover yourself in skunk spray too if you want to. The fact is that it is obnoxious and should no more be allowed then you to be allowed to blast loud music where ever you want to. It's called being a considerate person. If we were all considerate we would not need no smoking laws, but unfortunatley we do.
I cannot understand the mindset of these people who think that a business owner should be permitted to run his buinsess so some of his patrons will die, who go there reguarly, because of the smoke they had to breathe. I unfortunately was in Penn in 2005 with my ex visiting her uncle, a Canadian born but American retired cop.

He was a heavy smoker, as was his girlfriend (his wife had died of cancer a few years before - likely related to his smoking). He was telling us of a nephew, my partner's cousin, who had visited, and he caught he and his wife opening their bedroom window, because they couldn't stand the smoke, and he was insulted that someone would come into his home and think they can open someone's window because they don't like the owner's smoke.

He took us to a privte club (at least back then people were cheating the no smoking rules by privatizing their clubs and charging a $5 fee for a membership so only members, who presumably wanted to smoke could get in), to deliver some Cuban cigars to the club owner, as my girlfriend had purchased them as a favor to her uncle, and of course having Cuban cigars in the USA is a crime in itself.

Though I was a guest and went along to not rock the boat, in my gf's uncle's place, I could see the hypocrisy. They took us someplace in their car, I think to catch a bus to NYC where we went on a day trip, as I had never been there before, and he saw in the mirror that my gf was making faces because of the smoke in the car. So he grudgingly made some comment to his gf that they should put out their cigarettes, because his niece doesn't like the smoke, even though it is in his own car.

Just no common sense, or maybe no sense at all.

Location hidden

#587800 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Really? What else do we indulge in unnecessarily that is so heavily penalized?
Taxed, not penalized.
Whether or not you call it a tax, it's still a penalty.
You're not being punished. You're simply being compelled to carry your own weight. You've got to pay to play. If you don't feel like paying the taxes, you have at least two other options. You can quit smoking, or you can live where it's cheaper to smoke.
That's what I call freedom.
You have an odd sense of freedom...
Pat

Granby, CT

#587801 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I don`t have to counter any myth. Religions are myths no more!
Religions are myths, that is true since they lack proof but that does not make them false as you claim. To make that claim you need proof.
Henry

Germany

#587802 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry, you need to be able to prove the claims that you make or else you are just stooping to the same low level as the theist.
That would be the same as proving angels that have never existed! I am not a "low level" about any myths. BTW I am atheist!

Location hidden

#587803 Jan 14, 2013
Now we know how you feel. That's one of the most valuable uses of language - expressing ideas.
Obviously, I disagree with you. Your boss might also like the freedom to subject you to toxic chemicals in the workplace, or to pour sewage in the local water supply. He's not getting those, either.
No, I can't smoke, but I have to inhale exhaust from forklifts & diesel trucks...

Much better, huh?

Location hidden

#587804 Jan 14, 2013
Does "God" mean Jehovah-Jesus to you? That one has already been disproven.
LMMFAO!!!!

You're a riot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 543,043
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 33 min i know 9
Iranian teens convicted for making "happy video" 1 hr maid angela 2
virgin taker (Apr '13) 1 hr bouks 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 259,654
shytown 2 hr Baytown 1
does parents like having sex infront of their k... (May '13) 2 hr G4ORCE 95
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr HipGnosis 173,812
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 227,740

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••