“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#587743 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other employees, they don't count? So a person with breathing issues doesn't count? He should have to drive an extra 30 miles to find the same kind of business where no smoking is allowed?
The fact that this obnoxious habit of smoking is legal is irrelevant to the subject. It's legal to cover yourself in skunk spray too if you want to. The fact is that it is obnoxious and should no more be allowed then you to be allowed to blast loud music where ever you want to. It's called being a considerate person. If we were all considerate we would not need no smoking laws, but unfortunatley we do.
It is called the free market. If people didn't want to go to a smoking establishment then they wouldn't. If people don't want to work at a smoking establishment then, yes they can find another place for employment.If a smoking establishment got no business or couldn't keep employees then it would change it's policy in order to attract customers/employees.
Are you saying that we should outlaw inconsiderate behaviors? What is inconsiderate? Is it inconsiderate to not hold open doors for little old ladies?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#587744 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does.
When someone says a gun owner is responsible for a crime when that gun was stolen from them and they didn't commit the crime is favoring the criminal.
who cares

we are suing for a lot, because we are prepared for a "partial" win
Pat

Granby, CT

#587745 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
and you do not understand that guns are designed to kill, and baseball bats are just for fun.
Irrelevant distinction. Guns may be designed to kill but so long as there are valid legal reasons to kill, your point is pointless.

Location hidden

#587746 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain that.
Why the hell would I need a lawyer is some criminal broke into my house, stole something, then used it in a crime.......
law suit

really big one

bigger than your "gun"

Location hidden

#587747 Jan 14, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You drink sooooo much beer and smoke, how the hell r u fit?
Redneck, does the bible not stop u from drinking and smoking???
HELLO!!! THE BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF GOD!!
RR only claims christianity because he thinks there are benefits, he is completely self-serving.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587748 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It is called the free market. If people didn't want to go to a smoking establishment then they wouldn't. If people don't want to work at a smoking establishment then, yes they can find another place for employment.If a smoking establishment got no business or couldn't keep employees then it would change it's policy in order to attract customers/employees.
Are you saying that we should outlaw inconsiderate behaviors? What is inconsiderate? Is it inconsiderate to not hold open doors for little old ladies?
We already do outlaw obnoxious behaviors, loud music, urinating in public and so forth. Irrational, inconsiderate fools like you are why we need no smoking laws.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#587749 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking a single marijuana joint is equivalent to smoking 2.5 to 5 cigarettes in terms of damage to the lungs, mostly because of the differences in how pot and cigarette users smoke.
Actually new studies show otherwise.
"Putting together 20 years of data—and using the magic of statistics to separate the effects of pot from those of tobacco, since people often smoke both—the researchers found that pot smokers seemed to have better lung function than people who didn’t smoke at all."

http://news.menshealth.com/news-every-pothead...

Location hidden

#587750 Jan 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking strictly about bars and maybe bowling alleys, private clubs. Places where adults get together to drink and have fun. Nobody should smoke in a restaurant or anyplace that children are present.
There are some strip clubs where I live. I wonder if a girl with one leg could get a job? Too much of a distraction? I'm going to look into it.
a smoking one legged stripper

is there a fetish for that?

Location hidden

#587751 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, then they used my shirt to choke & kill someone.
I'm responsible for that - I should've had my shirts locked up.
Oh wait, I did. My doors were locked. And my property is 100% gated & locked....
tell it to your lawyer when you give him is 10,000 retainer

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#587752 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
We already do outlaw obnoxious behaviors, loud music, urinating in public and so forth. Irrational, inconsiderate fools like you are why we need no smoking laws.
Trying to derail the conversation by making ad hom against me... that is inconsiderate.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#587753 Jan 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Good one but another poster on another thread came up with:
Hopalong Chastity.
Can I be your Bumdance Kid?

Pat

Granby, CT

#587754 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Trying to derail the conversation by making ad hom against me... that is inconsiderate.
Well, you are being inconsiderate and irrational... Why don't we have this same issue over chewing tobacco?
Henry

Germany

#587755 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR only claims christianity because he thinks there are benefits, he is completely self-serving.
All religions are deceptive nothing more. It is for the big mass religions and all religions too.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#587756 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You saying that pot is healthier than tobacco?
Healthier?

At least it DOES have some valid medicinal properties, but "healthy" implies that it is akin to eating fruits and vegetables.

Safer?

Yes. Much safer that cigarettes. Unless you smoke the equivalent of one or two packs a day of marijuana. Some people might do that, but in general one or two joints a day-joints which are much smaller than cigarettes-is more typical, while for some, one or two PUFFS a day is sufficient.

If you've got facts to counter that, post them.
Henry

Germany

#587757 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> God is LOVE but He is ALSO the God of JUSTICE.
God does not exist!
Henry

Germany

#587758 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> If that's true, then so is any other book. But it ain't.
Why should it be?
Pat

Granby, CT

#587759 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not exist!
Henry, you need to be able to prove the claims that you make or else you are just stooping to the same low level as the theist.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#587760 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, I take drugs (psych medication) to make my mind BETTER not WORSE. Ha!!Ha!!
You need more.

MUCH more.
Henry

Germany

#587761 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> If you think that death is the end, you are sorely mistaken my friend.
Death is the final end of every human being. Religion is the final end of every reality!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#587762 Jan 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The very name sickens.
I've been on there before and decided to let the nice Christians enjoy their time together without my bothering.
I did the same with the Catholic is the one true religion thread.

Catholics arguing with protestants, each about how crazy the other is.

Mind numbing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min onemale 267,466
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 40 min Stuart Cudahy 21
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 48 min mike 607,215
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Tony17 568,294
I live with my cousin, we had sex and we loved it. 1 hr this is my first ... 4
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr BenAdam 589
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 175,867
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr Fix that rodentloder 120,740
More from around the web