Prove there's a god.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587801 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I don`t have to counter any myth. Religions are myths no more!
Religions are myths, that is true since they lack proof but that does not make them false as you claim. To make that claim you need proof.
Henry

Germany

#587802 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry, you need to be able to prove the claims that you make or else you are just stooping to the same low level as the theist.
That would be the same as proving angels that have never existed! I am not a "low level" about any myths. BTW I am atheist!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#587803 Jan 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Now we know how you feel. That's one of the most valuable uses of language - expressing ideas.
Obviously, I disagree with you. Your boss might also like the freedom to subject you to toxic chemicals in the workplace, or to pour sewage in the local water supply. He's not getting those, either.
No, I can't smoke, but I have to inhale exhaust from forklifts & diesel trucks...

Much better, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587804 Jan 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Does "God" mean Jehovah-Jesus to you? That one has already been disproven.
LMMFAO!!!!

You're a riot.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587805 Jan 14, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat, when I was kid our guns were usually just leaning against the wall somewhere in the area where we hung our barn clothes, etc., and the ammunition could be in a junk drawer, which you had to rifle through to find enough bullets if you wanted to go hunting.
The thought of having a loaded shotgun loose in a home where there might be kids around is rather scary (granted most kids know how to load the guns anyway). One of my uncles was cleaning or fooling around with his gun and fired a bullet he didn't know was in it up through the ceiling to the floor above near where another family member was; fortunately no one was hurt. I know of another woman who killed a playmate when she was a kid when she was playing with some adult's guns.
Here those guns must be properly locked nowadays but I suspect some aren't. But if you have a gun safely locked away so your kids won't be playing with them, and the ammunition somewhere else, so it won't be as easy to load the gun, should someone figure out how to unlock them, what good are they going to be if you get a knock on the door which you think is the neighbor's kid coming over to play with your son, and 3 big burly guys, all carrying guns, burst thorugh the dooor when you open it.
Unless they make it very clear when they first arrive that you will be dead before they leave, the very last thing you should ever think of doing is going for a gun. Because those guys have the guns and they have the purpose, and you ARE going to die, especially if you pull a gun on them.
To each his own. If you come into my occupied house uninvited I am assuming you are there to do me harm and I am going to shoot you, period. My gun is cocked and loaded, ready to go and there are no youngsters to be concerned about here.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#587806 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It is called the free market. If people didn't want to go to a smoking establishment then they wouldn't. If people don't want to work at a smoking establishment then, yes they can find another place for employment.If a smoking establishment got no business or couldn't keep employees then it would change it's policy in order to attract customers/employees.
Are you saying that we should outlaw inconsiderate behaviors? What is inconsiderate? Is it inconsiderate to not hold open doors for little old ladies?
You have to ask that question about tobacco smoke? Really??!!!!

It has always been rude, inconsiderate and ignorant, but it took until the past few decades for people to finally realize just how deadly it is too. Back when I was young it would have been considered bad manners when a guest in your home lit up a cigarette, cigar or pipe, if you didn't find him an ashtray or something he could put his ashes in. Imagine the nerve of someone not wanting their home and their lungs befouled by all the nasty chenicals and other by-products of tobacco.

Nobody living in any home I have lived in for any length of time ever smoked in the home, but when I was young everybody that smoked, smoked in our home when they came to visit.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587807 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the same as proving angels that have never existed! I am not a "low level" about any myths. BTW I am atheist!
True, you can't prove angles never existed Henry can you? What you can say however is that the claim that angles exist is without merit and lacks proof. You do not KNOW that angles do not exist, all you know is that there is no evidence that they do.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#587808 Jan 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Actually new studies show otherwise.
"Putting together 20 years of data—and using the magic of statistics to separate the effects of pot from those of tobacco, since people often smoke both—the researchers found that pot smokers seemed to have better lung function than people who didn’t smoke at all."

http://news.menshealth.com/news-every-pothead...
Thanks. I've added that to my list.

Here is the rest of it. Marijuana is good medicine:

[1] "Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, Harvard study shows"
http://current.com/community/89799784_marijua...

[2] "Is a Cure Coming? Marijuana Compound Stops Aggressive Cancers"
http://www.care2.com/causes/is-a-cure-coming-...

[3] "The endocannabinoid system and multiple sclerosis - cannabinoids may not only offer symptom control but may also slow the neurodegenerative disease progression that ultimately leads to the accumulation of disability."

[4] "Combining Components of Marijuana Enhances Inhibitory Effects on Brain Cancer"
http://www.cpmc.org/about/press/news2010/thc-...

[5] "Marijuana could prevent Alzheimer’s"
http://qbit.cc/marijuana-could-prevent-alzhei...

[6] "Andrew Weil: Medical Marijuana's Tremendous Potential for Curing Ailments"
http://archive.truthout.org/andrew-weil-medic...

[7] "105 Peer-Reviewed Studies on Marijuana"
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resou...

[8] "Marijuana Is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?"
http://www.lewrockwell.com/armentano-p/arment...

[9] "News Every Pothead Must Know"
http://news.menshealth.com/news-every-pothead...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587809 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
your invented fat person, has nothing at all to do with your responsibility to pay for the damage you do.
I invented no fat person. It has to do with smoking becuase we get charged a penalty just for smoking - because they say it's unhealthy. My ONE question (that nobody can answer) is why don't fat, diabetic people get charged a penalty tax, too? They're being more unhealthy than I.
If you are a smoker, you need pay for the extra costs you bring upon society, plus extra because you are a repulsive stink hole.
Extra costs is one thing, extra extra extra extra extra extra is another...
If you are a gun owner you need pay for any damages caused by your possessions, plus you need be held criminally responsible should you fail to properly secure your weapons.
I lock my doors. My guns are secure.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587811 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
so that the source of the weapon might be held responsible, of course
Ah....

Any weapon?

Or anything used as a weapon?

You're a fuktard.
Henry

Germany

#587810 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true, you are not saying there is a god Henery you are claiming there is not one and yes, you need proof for that. If all you were doing was rejecting the theists claim of a god as unproven then no, you need no proof, they do but that is not what you are doing. You are not simply stating that their claim of a god is unproven, you are going beyond that and stating their claim is false. Prove that it is false, or accept that you are no better then them by making claims you can not back up.
Quite easy, I have the facts which prove religions are myths! The facts "back" me up not the myths of religions!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587812 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
cowards should not be allowed to own guns
Yup. That's why you Canadians don't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587813 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
at a minimum, you should pay for the costs of your choices.
over and over again, you indicate that others should pay for your (bad) decisions.
you are completely self-centered, a liar, and an idiot
proof positive that you are a christian
Liar. Quite typical for an athiest.

I've never said that I want others to pay for me. Ever.

You're a delusional fool.
endtime

AOL

#587815 Jan 14, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#587816 Jan 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what's insane about wanting to walk around stark naked on a hot summer day ??..
Maybe getting some of your parts that normally don't see sunlight badly sunburned????:) Women can walk topless here now in public, but darned if I have yet seen one actually do it. But being honest, I don't want to see at least 66% of the public nude anyway, because having to look at their 200 to 500 lb bulks in tight clothing is bad enough, that I don't want to see what it actually looks like uncovered.

For the others, if they are atractive women, then go for it. The men, I can get along quite well without seeing them naked. I even get distressed when I see a man, who thinks he is attractive, with a lowcut neckline or his shirt open or one of those sleeveless shirts when he is only about one step of evolution from the first primate he came from.

I am not attracted to men, and the less I see of them, the better in my opinion.:)

Aha, so now boooot's bigotry is starting to come out.:)
Pat

Granby, CT

#587814 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I can't smoke, but I have to inhale exhaust from forklifts & diesel trucks...
Much better, huh?
Those tools are necessary, your obnoxious personal habit of smoking is not and it causes an unnecessary annoyance to those who do not like smoke. Why do you have to be such a stubborn inconsiderate jackass? If I sit at the next desk to you at work should I be allowed to masturbate? That shouldn't effect you in the least, right professor? Grow up.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587817 Jan 14, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite easy, I have the facts which prove religions are myths! The facts "back" me up not the myths of religions!
You have fact that prove they are myths, not that they are false.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587818 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

What?!?
If one of your drunk friends ate your rat poison thinking it was m&m's, you would be responsible for that???
karl44 wrote:
yes
unless he broke into the safe where the poison was responsibly stored (along side any and all weapons I own)
You're a moron.

With that rationale, we'd need to lock up anything and everything that coould be used as a weapon....

Suppose your drunk friend grabbed a ......

Nevermind.

You're hopeless...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#587819 Jan 14, 2013
Here's the link for number [3] above

[3] "The endocannabinoid system and multiple sclerosis - cannabinoids may not only offer symptom control but may also slow the neurodegenerative disease progression that ultimately leads to the accumulation of disability."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18781983

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587820 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
your cigarettes polute the air that others must breath.
Look, when you smoke, do not exhale, and I will support your right to smoke
Your car pollutes the air that others must breathe.

Look, when you drive, do not use your engine and I will support your right to drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min HipGnosis 1,965
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 599,544
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 40,862
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min The swamiji 7,491
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 22 min -Stray Dog 6,426
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 34 min Halle Berry Sister 2,774
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 43 min WasteWater 6,294
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,898
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web