Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Clementia wrote:
You drink sooooo much beer and smoke, how the hell r u fit?
Redneck, does the bible not stop u from drinking and smoking???
HELLO!!! THE BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF GOD!!
What do ya mean I drink "sooooo much beer"??

I don't drink that much.

Yes, I smoke but I'm very active pretty much everyday.

The bible teaches us to not be drunks, but not against drinking altogether. Remember Jesus made water into wine?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Teflon could be very bad for one's health ..
It's usually the other side of the frying pan people need to worry about but that's just me.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't met one yet.
Really? I used to smoke, probably more than you. There was never any doubt that it was a health hazard but those addictive chemicals had me hooked. You are literally being - manipulated - by the tobacco companies and you don't even know it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain that.
Why the hell would I need a lawyer is some criminal broke into my house, stole something, then used it in a crime.......
Because Dewy Cheetum and Howe sent you a letter announcing they intend to try to steal even the clothes off your back?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There was never any god at all! This is no propaganda, this is the truth!
Again, Respectfully... I will ask you, "Can you back this up?" SL :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't understand why you'd favor the criminal...
No one is favoring the criminal. They will have their own punishment.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
Because you may be charged with a crime.
But I've committed no crime.
You will also likely face a civil lawsuit from the victim and/or his/her family.
So you may need two lawyers.
Unlikely. The crime was committed outside of my ability to stop it.
Come to think of it, I have been giving you far too much free legal advice. If you want more, you'll have to pay my hourly rate and I don't think you can afford it.
*puts a quarter in*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my bad. Forgot you live in Riverside.
OK then. When they get around to giving you sidewalks, don't park too far from the curb.
If they put in sidewalks, I'm selling my house.

Like I said, I'm 200 ft off the street, I don't park out there....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
If that same person was a dick about it, likes boooots' story, I'd blow smoke in their face.
So your solution is to be a jerk just like them? Smart...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Your liability insurance would pay, and yes so would your rates, but the criminal would be the one going to jail.
How many years did you get?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
Sure. It can also be a distraction. When exposing hypocrisy does not expose a flaw in an argument, it probably doesn't serve the discussion.
Probably, but it's still fun.
A big fat guy telling you that eating fried chicken is unhealthy may seem hypocritical, but that doesn't diminish his message, unless you are an irrational thinker.
It's more irrational for the fat guy eating fried chicken telling you that fried chicken is bad.
What do you think about your smoking habit? Is that great also?
Hard to quit, but otherwise A-OK

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Your liability insurance would pay, and yes so would your rates, but the criminal would be the one going to jail.
Why did that take like 2 weeks to say?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I used to smoke, probably more than you. There was never any doubt that it was a health hazard but those addictive chemicals had me hooked. You are literally being - manipulated - by the tobacco companies and you don't even know it.
Oh yes, I know it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, my bad. Forgot you live in Riverside.
OK then. When they get around to giving you sidewalks, don't park too far from the curb.
Where's Riverside?

Catcher, why the hell would u park faaaaar away from the curve?

Who the hell does that?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
We have had truck drivers, driving their own privately owned transport trucks, charged when the police pulled them over and saw that they were smoking in their place of employment.

The point is that employers cannot permit smoking indoors because employees, are not permitted, or at least do not have to work, in those kinds of dangerous environments nor can an owner run a business which endangers the lives of others. When you make a law to protect people, you can't make exceptions for certain business owners who don't want to follow the rules.

I owned and operated a dairy farm. Had complete autonomy on what I did on that farm until I broke a law that was made to protect others and then I was at fault. Heck, I voluntarily dumped a whole tank load of milk down the drain one day, because a couple guys who had some sort of position had come to observe us milking, and I forgot, because they were causing me anxiety, that there was a cow in the lineup that had been treated with penicillin and it is prohibited to sell milk from a cow treated with penicillin to the public.

It could harm or kill someone with a penicillin allergy. In today's money that would likely have been several thousand dollars worth of milk, but I pulled the plug on the milk cooler and it all ran down the drain.

Had I forgot and actually sent the milk to market, or simply decided it would not matter in such a minute amount in the total volume of milk collected by the dairy, and the milk was tested, which a sample is taken every pickup by the person operating the truck which picks up the milk at the farm, and it had been found to have traces of penicillin in it, then I could have kissed our business goodbye.

My father almost got shut down while I was away at university, because there was a strange taste in the milk, and nobody was able to identify what was the cause of it, until one day someone noticed that a coupling between two sections of the glass milk line was leaking air into the line. This was causing undue agitation of the milk, breaking down the components and causing it to go rancid. So all that was necessary was to tighten the coupling, stop the leak and everything was back to normal.

I had unknowingly been the cause of that too, because I had been washing the outside of the glass lines, which we did periodically, because they naturally collected dust, etc,, from the general environment, and I noted that the line appeared to not be evenly laid out on the horizontal (actually a slight slope so that the milk flows back to the milkhouse and to the milk tank), so I had endeavored to correct that by moving the fasteners holding the glass lines in place up or down to straighten it out. In doing so I had inadvertently broke a seal which basically was just a synthetic rubber gasket inside plastic couplings which held each section of the line together.

Because I didn't actually take the sections apart no one would have even noticed that anything had happened to a coupling, but that slight change had unsealed one coupling such that a little air (and the lines are under high vacuum when milking as that is how the milk gets from the cow to the tank - partly, had been sucked into the lines stirring up the milk).

A person operating a business which is freely open to the general public (in the case of a bar, to those of age), regardless of whether he is the sole owner, or working for someone else, cannot do intentionally anything in his business that might harm others.

Business owners are subject to many laws which "infringe" on their total freedom to do whatever they want. That is part of what living in a civilized society is all about. Society as a whole decides what is appropriate based on the knowledge of the times and then the elected governments make the laws and enforce them to make sure that is what the public gets (in practice it is not quite as clean cut as that, but that is the intent).

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as private property, I think owners should be allowed to dictate whether patrons should be allowed to smoke or not.
For most types of businesses, it wouldn't be smart to allow smoking, but for bars, I think they would do alright to allow smoking. The business they would lose from non-smokers would probably be made up by smokers who like to drink while they smoke, and do a lot of each.
I don't know about strip clubs. That's a HARD one.
I was speaking strictly about bars and maybe bowling alleys, private clubs. Places where adults get together to drink and have fun. Nobody should smoke in a restaurant or anyplace that children are present.

There are some strip clubs where I live. I wonder if a girl with one leg could get a job? Too much of a distraction? I'm going to look into it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words your claim of IQ tests being biased is without merit if you can't point to the bias or create an IQ test you will admit is not biased.
I ALREADY posted information debunking what you said. Here is more if you'd like it, but you don't sound like a person who cares about the truth. You only want to reinforce your own dogma. Thanks for establishing that fact.

http://www.mdcbowen.org/p2/rm/lane.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Because Dewy Cheetum and Howe sent you a letter announcing they intend to try to steal even the clothes off your back?
Ah yes, then they used my shirt to choke & kill someone.

I'm responsible for that - I should've had my shirts locked up.

Oh wait, I did. My doors were locked. And my property is 100% gated & locked....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
OK then, cast iron pot..
Nothing beats a cast iron pot for grilled cheese and pancakes.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back, Clementine.
You want legal advice too?
Don't use your body as a temple in public (unless you happen to be in San Francisco, in which case you can let it all hang out).
Thanks, honeycomb!

For what? What have I done that's illegal?

U'r allowed to walk around butt naked?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

369 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 8 min YES 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min Johnny 1,603
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 14 min whogivesarstsbutt 25
Gusto ko po sana magampon ng baby. (Dec '13) 20 min jazzlen 18
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Commander Bunny 256,963
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 34 min andet1987 5,271
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min The Awakener 172,544
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 115,598
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 533,566