“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#587312 Jan 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
It depends on the freedom. Yes, I could amplify the comment. But it's my turn to be the dead weight and for you to have to drag the conversation uphill.
Nah, I'm not into gameplay like you.
Your smoking affects others. Nonsmokers need government's help.
Don't you mean my smoking "might" affect others?

I think that's exactly why people like you are anti-smoking. You hate the smell so you try to do whatever you can to make sure that happens.

And that's why you don't care about fat people costing more money than smokers, because they don't smell like cigarettes do...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587313 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Occam's razor says that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.
Mylan wrote:
Thank you for proving publicly that you do not know what it states. That was easy.
You're an idiot.

"Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It states that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam 's_razor

Apology accepted.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#587314 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Illegal aliens pay sales tax.... That's your argument? They can't pay property tax because they can't buy property. They can't pay income tax because they're illegal.
You didn't read any of the material I provided, did you? Take another gander:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

I was pretty sure that you weren't going to let go of your bad ideas until somebody pried them out of your cold, dead brain, and I was correct.

As I said, I make my point when you present yourself as dead weight just as well as I would if you answered my questions in good faith. You seem to think that by evading direct answers to these questions that you're dodging their implications. Only if nobody notices, which I intend to make pretty difficult to do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587315 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Many would argue that being POISON wouldn't be safe under the sunk. Duh!
Your "reasoning" (dare I say thought process) is what scares so many here and why they feel you are irresponsible as a gun owner.
And your reasoning is that no matter what happens, if your property is stolen and somebody uses it to commit a crime you are responsible for the crime.

That's pretty damn retarded.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#587316 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You won't. But you'll have to hear the fat f_cks stuffing their mouths with fat while I have to pay a extra $50 a month because I smoke.
Real fair, huh?
What, you think that's too low? Too high?

I think they should charge as much as the market will allow.

Fennario

#587317 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
Redneck's smoking is fine, it's when he blows the smoke out his azz that's the problem.
Yikes. Tobacco Road meets the Hershey Highway. Traffic conditions: Congested and smoggy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587318 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You didn't read any of the material I provided, did you? Take another gander:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
I was pretty sure that you weren't going to let go of your bad ideas until somebody pried them out of your cold, dead brain, and I was correct.
As I said, I make my point when you present yourself as dead weight just as well as I would if you answered my questions in good faith. You seem to think that by evading direct answers to these questions that you're dodging their implications. Only if nobody notices, which I intend to make pretty difficult to do.
Ya. You said that illegal aliens pay property tax and income tax which is either a crime or a lie, because they don't have a Social Security number and they can't pay property tax or income tax...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587319 Jan 13, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What, you think that's too low? Too high?
I think they should charge as much as the market will allow.
I think it's unfair, that's all.

That a smoker pays more for medical insurance while a fat f_ck with diabetes doesn't.

Fennario

#587320 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yup, I can't smoke in my break room at work because it's "unhealthy", but it's perfectly "healthy" to eat snickers and chips and cheeseburgers in the break room because that's healthy...
Really?

Do you really need to be told that workplace prohibitions are not about what cigarettes and Snickers do oneself, but what they do to others.

So what was that? Passive aggressive or sluggish?

Embrace the grey.

#587321 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That a smoker pays more for medical insurance while a fat f_ck with diabetes doesn't.
Smokers cost insurance companies more money. To cover that unusual extra cost, they pass it on to those who smoke. If they could gouge more people accurately and fairly, they probably would, but going after fat f_cks is problematic, to say the least.

Making smokers pay for smoking costs is more fair than distributing those extra costs across the whole pool of people that includes many non smokers. Safe drivers get insurance discounts sometimes too.

Living a healthy life is the best way to avoid unnecessary costs.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#587322 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Occam's razor says that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
"Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is a principle of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It states that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam 's_razor
Apology accepted.
I like Mehrune's razor better.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/image...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587323 Jan 13, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Smokers cost insurance companies more money. To cover that unusual extra cost, they pass it on to those who smoke. If they could gouge more people accurately and fairly, they probably would, but going after fat f_cks is problematic, to say the least.
Making smokers pay for smoking costs is more fair than distributing those extra costs across the whole pool of people that includes many non smokers. Safe drivers get insurance discounts sometimes too.
Living a healthy life is the best way to avoid unnecessary costs.
Right, which is why my grandma laid up in the hospital for four months before she died, and cost Medicare over $2 million in hospital expenses.

She wasn't a smoker, she was a fast food and crap food junkie....

Besides, diabetes is much more prevalent in the US and much more costly than cigarette smokers.

www.silverbook.org ... Diabetes
"Apr 24, 2012 Diabetes consumes 25% of Medicare's annual budget."

Medicaires budget in 2010 was $560 billion.

Seems as though y'all's is lookin in the wrong place to stick it to folks.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587324 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you seem to be having a hard time so I'll make it very simple for you.
The government should not be able to enforce a non-smoking workplace. It should be the decision of the business owner, not the government. Some business owners would like a smoking workplace, some wouldn't. But when the gub'ment gets involved, nobody has a right & nobody gets a say-so & nobody gets a choice.
Some business owners would like to be whites only, or no gays or.... to. It's called fairness.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587325 Jan 13, 2013
Really?
Do you really need to be told that workplace prohibitions are not about what cigarettes and Snickers do oneself, but what they do to others.
So what was that? Passive aggressive or sluggish?
Yes, actually.

My employer, like many others, Likes to pretend they want their employees to be healthy. They use "get healthy" tactics to try to get people to "live a healthier life". They charge cigarette smokers an extra $50 a month but our five vending machines in the break room are filled with crap like candy bars, chips, disgusting vending machine cheeseburgers and burritos, energy drinks, soda, etc.

I don't understand why people just can't be honest and say They don't like the smell of cigarette smoke.

You have to use tactics like you want to live healthier and you want me to live healthy too so you help the government enact all kinds of new laws to try to prevent people from smoking.

That's not following my right to my own pursuit of happiness.

You should stick to your own life and stay out of mine.
Pat

Granby, CT

#587326 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well when I do it will be from an institution and NOT from a one-man website like you quoted from. Your link is bogus and flawed. Try again.
That's a VERY LONG list of experts on intelligence that you disagree with, fool. LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587327 Jan 13, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Some business owners would like to be whites only, or no gays or.... to. It's called fairness.
Fair?!

This isn't about human rights you idiot, how was it "fair" to put up a flat rule that says "NO SMOKING"?

That's very one-sided to be fair, don't you think?

Embrace the grey.

#587328 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't understand why people just can't be honest and say They don't like the smell of cigarette smoke....
It's more than a smell, it's airborne poison.

Do you get that at all?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#587329 Jan 13, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more than a smell, it's airborne poison.
Do you get that at all?
In the same note you probably have no problem with the consumption of a far more deadly and lethal version of the habit. Cannabis Sativa

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#587330 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Smokers make their families sick too. One of aunts got throat and lung cancer from her husband's chain smoking habit. Smoker's kids are more susceptible to colds and flu complications because of the inflammation the smoke causes.

A fat person's eating habits *might* not harm other family members' health but smoking definitely can and does.

BTW, whoever said that life was fair?

...especially when insurance companies are involved.

Embrace the grey.

#587331 Jan 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
In the same note you probably have no problem with the consumption of a far more deadly and lethal version of the habit. Cannabis Sativa
Deadly and lethal...oh shit!

Get real dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min RADEKT 261,729
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min June VanDerMark 548,989
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Toby 96,144
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 23 min JGrays18 565
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 24 min WasteWater 5,514
Summoners War Sky Arena Hack 26 min Jackson 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min WasteWater 4,794
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min New Age Spiritual... 602,294
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 230,141
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr i want it 1,074

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE