“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#587682 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
HE DESERVES OUR WORSHIP!!
I don't agree.
flup wrote:
AND if we DON'T, then it's INTO the JAWS of HELL for US!! ROAST!! FRY!! SIZZLE!!
And that would be the reason why your god would be unworthy of worship. I'd worship you sooner, assuming that you would never pour s wakeful creature into boiling rock, since you would be more worthy.
flup wrote:
You don't like hearing that, now do you??
I don't like that it's taught to children. It's terrorism.

Fennario

#587683 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
HIS is a love like NO OTHER. COMPLETELY UNCONDITIONAL
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Actually, the love of your god depends on you worshiping him. There are conditions for entering heaven, and a Judgment Day to decide if you met them or not.
flup wrote:
AND YES!! His love IS CONDITIONAL!!
Amazing.

So I guess "his love" is like any other after all.
flup wrote:
BUT I think instead of being UNconditional, it's ONEconditional. By that, I mean that most probably the ONLY real condition required of you or I or anyone else by Him, is that we confess our sin, repent, then ask Jesus Christ into our hearts.
That's three conditions.
flup wrote:
I STILL believe His love is unconditional in the end
Amazing again. Wasn't it you that thought I needed medicating for my thinking?
flup wrote:
it's just that the righteous will be fast-tracked to heaven, whereas the unbelievers etc...will suffer the torture, torment, and agony of hell for a few millenia, THEN EVEN THEY will (FINALLY) be accepted in through the pearly gates one day.
Every one of you seems to have a different version of this religion.

"Can you explain why there are several hundred thousand gods accepted by different religious people, but only one periodic table accepted by different scientists?" – anon

Fennario

#587684 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
BUT, the REASON why HE is so different from US is because HE is FAR MORE ADVANCED in every GOOD way.
Disagree. Anybody who would refuse to torture is more moral than your god.
flup wrote:
There is NO comparison between us and Him.
I would agree. So much for being made in its image.
flup wrote:
HE is SINLESS. WE are NOT.
Your god is the most sadistic and genocidal creature in all of fiction, far surpassing your devil. If sin or your god existed, then your god would have been the one to create it, and deliberately.

Fennario

#587686 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
As for your third point about COURAGE, God is the BRAVEST, MOST VALIANT, and COURAGEOUS of all!!
How brave do you have to be if you can't be harmed?
flup wrote:
I still go by what I say. Even if you CAN'T be harmed, it's a very unpredictable universe we live in.
Not for an omniscient.
flup wrote:
But God KNOWS EVERYTHING that goes on in the universe, so I guess you are RIGHT!!
Is this what you meant by, "I still go by what I say"?

==========

Here's the take-home message: You and I were once both encased in the same Christian cocoon. One of us bored out, and one didn't. I think that the reasons why are obvious. Christians would say that my faith was weak, and that I never really knew their god. I'm not sure that I would disagree.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#587687 Jan 14, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> I was just thinking that.
It is very transparent.
Ya.
Been that'away ever since we was com'n round ta take the Santa Maria fer 'er goods. Jist as we was pitch'n the main jib, these strange lights come up over us, an fear struck the hands an the rampart was fouled, an so wasn't the element o' surprise(lucky fer that two eyed Spaniard, it were). The hands all managed ta reconnoiter ther wits, but the mission was certain lost.
Twas a couple a days in the afterworks Me an ole' jibber(that's me parrot guardian) finally got ta peer in the look'n glass...an by the fork o' Posiedon I come ta see that me beard an me hair wuz BOTH dashed away by the fall'n stars!!!The wonder of that which I was behold'n was made "crystal" clear ta mine own eye.
Well ta make a long story short, We sailed 'er straight away ta the nearest port, an put the Maiden ta low water an dragged the anchor ta firm hold'n. Sold off a good tare o' the booty, an started us up a trad'n shack with the leav'ns o' the bounty(mostly rum an canibus).Yer ever out an about the islands, come on in an tip a couple shorts. You'll know the trap...it's brandish'n a big ole' sign what says The Crystal Pirate Trad'n Co.(what else could a peg call 'er?)

Fennario

#587688 Jan 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Back when I shot competitively, I could clear six pins in four shots.
Ten pins in two shots is a spare.

Location hidden

#587689 Jan 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one but another poster on another thread came up with:
Hopalong Chastity.
That's good! If'n ya had a sidekick ya could call 'er Lickety Split.
Ya! Hopalong Chastity, an her infamous sidekick Lickaty Split!

^5

Location hidden

#587690 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
It's always good ta have a spare.

Fennario

#587691 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
You're heading down the wrong path, IANS. You'll remember this convo we had on this thread. When God calls you to be judged, then plays back your life on that big movie screen in front of you on J-Day, I'm gonna REALLY, REALLY PRAY your name is written down in that Book of Life. There is STILL hope for you yet, my man.
Don't be so smug.

I have no reason to believe in an afterlife, but however unlikely one may be, I have no way to rule one out, either. What I can rule out is your god, meaning that if we do awaken after death to some kind of judgment, we have no idea who will be judging us, by what criteria, or what is at stake. All we can say for certain is that Jesus won't be there.

You were given the twin gifts of reason and conscience, both of which your church profanes, as when it asks you to believe the absurd and love the sadistically insane.

If we were created, perhaps you are deeply offending our true creators. If one of us is judged harshly, it may be you for selling yourself out so cheaply and wasting those gifts. Perhaps you were expected to use those gifts to search and seek them.

And what did you do instead? You let an inferior religion corrupt and pervert those faculties. As a result, you never even looked at their universe, nor your magnificent self, both of which you have learned to despise, scoffingly calling one "the world," and the other "the flesh."

Your religion has taught you that you are horribly flawed filth, and that matter itself - the substance of the universe - is vile. I think that you should have known better and rejected that offensive message. Your "sin" might turn out to be accepting the garbage that your religion teaches.

If that's the case - if you and I face some judgment some day - it may well be that you are the one that has to answer. If so, I'll try to put in a good word for you. I just hope I don't find you curled up on the floor in the fetal position shouting "Get the behind me, Satan" at our hosts. That would be a very poor strategy, and I doubt that I could help you.

Fennario

#587692 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
God is LOVE
We know what Christian love is. Your religion has the sickest definition of love going. You call the most vicious monster in all of fiction omnibenevolent - the one said to have subjected humanity to multiple genocides, a flood, an apocalypse, and then plans to keep his soul alive to experience agonizing pain for eternity in a torture pit he built run by a demon god that he made. This is what Christians call perfect love.

Now let's let it leaders - the people you Christians elevate to leadership positions- speak for the love of your god:

[1] Mother Teresa learned to "think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." It's easy to see how looking at an image of Christ on a crucifix. As a result, she sent millions of dollars donated to her hospices to comfort the dying poor to the Vatican treasury, and just let them suffer.

[2] Here's a little more Christian love: "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue. 1993

[3] From the loving Martin Luther:“What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn. Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them."

[4] From Hitler: "In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

[5] From Bush Sr.: "No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.”

And some more from less well known Christians :

[6]“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley

[7] Meet the good Christian Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... : " God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment."

[8] And here is the Lord's faithful servant KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... : "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones."

[9] From our good friend Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF... : "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." His Christian buddy agreed with him.

Sorry, but you people haven't got a clue what love is.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#587693 Jan 14, 2013
Buck Johnson wrote:
hello everyone
Greetings.

Fennario

#587694 Jan 14, 2013
flup wrote:
He is ALSO the God of JUSTICE.
He fails there as well.

It would be unjust to build mankind with a rational mind, provide him with a ridiculous bible full of errors and contradictions, seed the planet with red herring clues like stratified fossils and human chromosome 2, refuse to show your face, and then punish people for using reason while rewarding others for guessing correctly on bad evidence.

It is also both infinitely unloving and infinitely unmerciful to impose a sentence of infinite and gratuitous torture without hope of parole for the "sin" of not stroking your needy god's ego, especially under such conditions.

If you disagree, please give me any scenario at all that you can imagine which would be less just or less merciful.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#587695 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
We used to rack six of 'em, bowling-alley style, on a table.

Careful work with a .44 Mag (or bigger - I liked the .454 Casull...) will clear 'em off the table with four rounds.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#587696 Jan 14, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My "story" is stone cold reality. If you want to wrap yourself in the security of your stats, that's your personal choice.
you are a paraniod

which suggest that you are also religious, they go together soooo well

Location hidden

#587698 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. But I'm also a man & I'm 6'3".
A 200 lb woman is fat. Very fat.
coward

and a liar

Location hidden

#587699 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said we need more guns.
I said I want a gun.
if you leagaly own a gun

the test (of privileged to own) is too low.

Location hidden

#587700 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say I support the excise tax?
Why do you read into things do much?
<quoted text>
Yes. I always have. Even before it was a law I never smoked in a restaurant.
As far as a smoke-free workplace, that depends on the workplace.
<quoted text>
No I don't have a plan. And this is getting pretty old. You continuously deflect everything I have to say over and over and over again.
Why are you ignoring that a fat, diabetic person will cost more money to Medicare in the course of their life than a smoker well?
your invented fat person, has nothing at all to do with your responsibility to pay for the damage you do.

If you are a smoker, you need pay for the extra costs you bring upon society, plus extra because you are a repulsive stink hole.

If you are a gun owner you need pay for any damages caused by your possessions, plus you need be held criminally responsible should you fail to properly secure your weapons.

Location hidden

#587701 Jan 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
and where did he get the gun
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that matter?
so that the source of the weapon might be held responsible, of course

Location hidden

#587702 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Possession is 9/10ths of the law.
I know you don't care about the law, but....
if it is a gun which injures or kills, the "1/10" needs be very, very expensive; incarceration for those who fail to pay.

Location hidden

#587703 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands...
cowards should not be allowed to own guns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min truth 665,622
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min truth 88,545
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min AussieBobby 284,735
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Brian_G 980
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr truth 722
Which team will win today : Manchester United o... 1 hr khaledov 1
How To Make Money From Hosting Travelers By Airbnb 2 hr khaledov 1
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr River Tam 313
More from around the web