Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#587227 Jan 13, 2013
flup wrote:
I can see a very bleak future for you, son.
Actually after you die you'll be the one surprised, or mare accurately - disappointed.

Location hidden

#587228 Jan 13, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible has been VERIFIED as being TRUE by historians, archaeologists, scientists, theologians etc...throughout the world.
Crack is whack.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#587229 Jan 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
Most people I know would make a better god than Jehovah if given omniscience and omnipotence. I just discussed the love of Jehovah, which is indistinguishable from narcissism and sadism.
Kindness and generosity would include saving all souls.
Honesty requires keeping your word. Jehovah lied about giving peace and fruits, about moving mountains, and about returning soon. He also lied about creation, about the flood, about the Egyptian captivity, about the exodus and about the conquest of Jericho and Canaan.
And what is courage in an immortal being? What does a god have to fear.
<quoted text>
The list of commonalities with the animals is much longer than the same list for the god. We are much more in the animals' image, which includes proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, ATP, DNA, mitochondria, ribosomes, cells, and more. We are so much alike that we can digest them and they us. Drug testing on animals would be pointless if we weren't more like them than different.
No, god has no chance, he is nonexistent!
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#587230 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you, 85?
Correct!

Location hidden

#587231 Jan 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you back up your propaganda?
All religions are man made and therefore inherently flawed. End of story.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#587232 Jan 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
So you're invisible? Awesome.
I look like the other guy.

Satan.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#587233 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you mean the stats that say that you or a family member is 60% more likely to die from your own gun, than to use it for an intruder? Just ask Nancy Lanza. If you're worried about a burglar then buy a burglar alarm and let the police handle it.'nuff said.
Like her..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-ki...

or her...

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/...

and her...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/10/22/ve...

Looks like these women had a very real need of personal protection.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#587234 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands...
How original.

What did you think of Piers Morgan's interview of Alex Jones

"1176 WILL COMMENCE!"

Did you see the whole thing?

"How many monkeys can dance on the head of a pin?"

You guys want to talk mental health?

I've got a good starting point for you. I'd require this guy to forfeit his silverware and make him use plastic.

Location hidden

#587235 Jan 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can watch it ,but it wont change the physical impossibility of a worldwide flood, a virgin birth a resurrection or ridiculous creation myth with talking snakes mud pie men and women made from a snatched penis bone.
Best part was turning water into wine. I think they called it Mad Dog 20/20.

"and Jesus tooketh thine water and turned it into thy dogs of mad twenty and twenty"

Or something like that.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#587236 Jan 13, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
now there is a condemnation of prayer
Well prayer is totally useless. There is no god, so what prayer?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#587237 Jan 13, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!
Alright , Henry!

Congratulations!

My mom was 90 in November.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#587238 Jan 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright , Henry!
Congratulations!
My mom was 90 in November.
"was"? So she's not 90 anymore?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587239 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>All religions are man made and therefore inherently flawed. End of story.
You an prove this right?

No?

Then it's your opinion.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#587240 Jan 13, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!

Does this mean you used to shoot at Americans once upon a time?
lol

Location hidden

#587241 Jan 13, 2013
Pat wrote:
Intelligence is a very general mental capability that, among other things, involves the ability to reason
Wrong!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587242 Jan 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How original.
What did you think of Piers Morgan's interview of Alex Jones
"1176 WILL COMMENCE!"
Did you see the whole thing?
"How many monkeys can dance on the head of a pin?"
You guys want to talk mental health?
I've got a good starting point for you. I'd require this guy to forfeit his silverware and make him use plastic.
Who interviewed whom?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587243 Jan 13, 2013
Henry wrote:
Well prayer is totally useless. There is no god, so what prayer?
How do you know prayer is useless?
How do you know there is no God?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#587244 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't mind paying extra tax for cigarettes
That was unexpected. Earlier, you had said that, "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of." Now, you say that you support an excise tax on cigarettes
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Where did I say I support the excise tax? Why do you read into things do much?
You make this so difficult. What does "I don't mind paying extra tax for cigarettes" mean to you?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
How about smoke-free workplaces and other confined public places like restaurants? Do you support that?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes. I always have. Even before it was a law I never smoked in a restaurant.
I'm not sure that you understood the question, since voluntarily not smoking in restaurants is irrelevant to it. Does "yes" mean that you support laws enforcing nonsmoking in some places such as workplaces?

Please try to remember what we are discussing.It began with your comment that, "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of." So, I'm a little more interested in whether you support government involvement at this level. And once again, your "yes" answer surprises me.

Do you know who Sisyphus was? I feel his pain.

Location hidden

#587245 Jan 13, 2013
Pat wrote:
IQ tests are not culturally biased, that is a silly excuse. If they were then it would be possible to create one that is not culturally biased
The more you open your mouth on this topic, the more I lose respect for you. You used to show common sense, what happened? There is NOT just one IQ test. There are many. And yes, some actually use words or numbers and require specific cultural knowledge (like vocabulary). One such IQ test was written in 1972 and called The Black Intelligence Test of Cultural Homogeneity. Stop being so narrow minded, you're starting to sound racist.

Below are references to prove the point. I'm not leaving these for you as much as for other people more open minded on the topic;

Psychological testing: principles, applications, and issues Kaplan, Robert M. & Saccuzzo Dennis P.

Racial Differences on a Black Intelligence Test Journal of Negro Education, 43, 4, 429-436, F 74

IQ Tests and the Black Culture McNiel, Nathaniel D.

Assessment in Multicultural Groups: The Role of Acculturation van de Vijver, Fons J.R.;

Phalet, Karen from the Special Issue on Advances in Testing Methodology from an International Perspective Applied Psychology. 53(2):215-236, April 2004.

Cynthia Butler-Omololu, "Some Implications for Intelligence Test Construction and Administration with Children of Different Racial Groups", The Journal of Black Psychology, 1984

Butler-Omololu, C., Doster, J. A., & Lahey, B.(1984). Some implications for intelligence test construction and administration with children of different racial groups. Journal of Black Psychology, 10(2), 64. doi:10.1177/009579848301000204

Williams, Robert L (September 1972). "The BITCH-100: A Culture-Specific Test". American Psychological Association Annual Convention. Honolulu, Hawaii.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#587247 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
As far as a smoke-free workplace, that depends on the workplace.
Vague as always. Are you trying to be dead weight here? Is this some passive-aggressive strategy, or are you doing your best and answering in good faith?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
it seems quite unfair that I have to pay extra because I smoke and it MIGHT cost extra Medicare money while fat people can skim through life without paying an extra cent for their risky indulgence.
Perhaps. Do you have a plan there? It won't be as straightforward as taxing cigarettes.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No I don't have a plan. And this is getting pretty old. You continuously deflect everything I have to say over and over and over again.
I have never expressed any interest in funding the health care system. My interest has always and only been in your comment that, "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of."

It is you that keeps deflecting the conversation to a completely different topic. I have to keep redirecting the conversation back to the subject, which you apparently refuse to engage. That's fine. I can work with that, too - as I am.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why are you ignoring that a fat, diabetic person will cost more money to Medicare in the course of their life than a smoker well?
I didn't. I've discussed the problem with you as far as I am qualified to do so, remember:

RiversideRedneck wrote: So again, why is there such a high tax on smokes but not on fat foods.....?

IANS wrote: I don't know. I'd guess there were fewer political pressures working against fat foods, or perhaps it was too difficult to implement, or maybe it had something to do with one being food and one a drug.

This is a much more difficult problem. You can't isolate and tax the problem quite so easily. I told you that I don't have a plan for that, you agreed that you didn't either, and to the best of my knowledge, that is as far as we can take that discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 3 min andet1987 1,475
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 596,784
The Christian Atheist debate 10 min ChristINSANITY is... 1,094
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Bella Italia 612,658
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 17 min Life is Precious 221,826
"What's UP wit all dat 'ol BULLS - - T??!" 19 min Oh No You Di-nt 8
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 25 min ChristineM 444,406
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Rider on the Storm 177,232
More from around the web