|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy it. Where are your unbiased stats?
9."IQ is strongly related, probably more so than any other single measurable human trait, to many important educational, occupational, economic, and social outcomes ... Whatever IQ tests measure, it is of great practical and social importance"

20."Racial-ethnic differences in IQ bell curves are essentially the same when youngsters leave high school as when they enter first grade ... black 17-year-olds perform, on the average, more like white 13-year-olds"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Scien...

National IQ and Global Inequality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:National_IQ...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Pat wrote:
There is no evidence for racial equality, just excuse making, the excusing away of all the evidence that proves the races are not equal. Nature has no concern for equality, only egalitarians do.
"Race" is a cultural concept, not a biological one.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed the two examples you gave were in poor urban areas?
ever hear of Al Capone and his gang. They and others committed a lot of murders, in Chicago in the 1930's
ever hear of the Mafia?
ever visit Boston?? does the name Whitey Bolger ring a bell?
in the early 1900's there were plenty of poor Irish in NYC. guess what, many formed gangs....crime and murder were pretty high. Of course they didn't have the prolific number high capacity firearms available then that we do today.
you provide one statistic. those countries where black crime rates are high are usually 3rd world POOR countries.
everybody knows that one of the chief causes of violent crime rates is economically based. another is population density.
having been near white slums, I can tell you the violent crime rate is just as high as black slums.
Racial composition of geographic areas
Studies examining the relationship between percentages of different races in an area and crime rates have generally either found similar relationships as for nationwide crime rates or no significant relationships. Most often studied are correlations between black and Hispanic populations in a given area and crime. Such data may reveal a possible connection, but is functionally inconclusive due to a variety of other correlating factors which overlap with race and ethnicity. While there is a correlation between blacks and Hispanics and crime, the data implies a stronger tie between poverty and crime than crime and any racial group, when gender is taken into consideration. The direct correlation between crime and class, when factoring for race alone, is relatively weak. When gender, and familial history are factored, class correlates stronger with crime than race or ethnicity. Studies indicate that areas with low socioeconomic status may have the greatest correlation of crime with young and adult males, regardless of racial composition, though its effect on females is negligible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_i...
"I noticed the two examples you gave were in poor urban areas?"

I noticed you offerd no evidence that urban areas can corrupt black people.

"ever hear of Al Capone and his gang. They and others committed a lot of murders, in Chicago in the 1930's
ever hear of the Mafia?
ever visit Boston?? does the name Whitey Bolger ring a bell?"

Where did I ever argue that whites can not be criminals? Why do you go off point like this? Are you dishonest or a moron?

"you provide one statistic. those countries where black crime rates are high are usually 3rd world POOR countries."

Since when is the USA a third world poor country? Though I will admit, Detroit is beginning to look a lot like an African slum.

"everybody knows that one of the chief causes of violent crime rates is economically based."

No, that is what deluded brainwashed liberals believe who have been feed racial equality dogma from birth.

"having been near white slums, I can tell you the violent crime rate is just as high as black slums."

Then buy your next house in a black majority area and enjoy the bargain you will get!

"Studies examining the relationship between percentages of different races in an area and crime rates have generally either found similar relationships as for nationwide crime rates or no significant relationships."

Rather the single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Pat wrote:
It's a wiki, so I take it with a grain of salt. I've read about people who were Ivy League Phd in Physics and Mathematics and after financial trouble ended up living in a shelter in Boston. Now compare that with someone like 'Snooki' and the 'Situation'. Just saying. A lot has to do with opportunities.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and evolution is a lie.... You are probably too stupid to even realize it but you have just claimed that Darwin's theory of natural selection is not correct. Do differing environments create different outcomes on a species or not? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT??!!

Are u confused or am I confused?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
< Thread strains, grunts, and passes assclown >
<Mr. Arkansas> *wheezes*,*twitters*,*mops brow*,*clears throat*
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull
Educate yourself! Blacks are about TWICE as likely to be serial killers.

"Only a few systematic accounts of the race and ethnicity of serial killers exist. There is an exhaustive study of African American serial killers (Homicide Studies 2005; 9; 271) by criminologist Anthony Walsh, and also Eric W. Hickey’s book, Serial killers and their victims, Brooks/Cole, 1997. Walsh identified 90 African American and 323 white American serial murderers, all men operating between 1945 and 2004.(Though Asians, Hispanics and Native Americans were not included in the study, their addition would not alter the fact that most serial killers are white men.) African American serial killers made up 22% of Walsh’s sample, a figure in close agreement Hickey’s enumeration. But, as blacks number well below 22% of the U.S. population, they are actually overrepresented among the ranks of serial killers — roughly by a factor of 2."

http://www.kevinnelson.com/race-breakdown-of-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clementia wrote:
You're both confused. Race is a competition between runners to see who is the fastest :p

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
9."IQ is strongly related, probably more so than any other single measurable human trait, to many important educational, occupational, economic, and social outcomes ... Whatever IQ tests measure, it is of great practical and social importance"
20."Racial-ethnic differences in IQ bell curves are essentially the same when youngsters leave high school as when they enter first grade ... black 17-year-olds perform, on the average, more like white 13-year-olds"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Scien...
National IQ and Global Inequality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:National_IQ...
I was watching this science thing about IQ tests and they were saying that the IQ test isn't judging your academic ability but it actually shows how well adapted u r to modern society. Anyway, I didn't get it.

A black person can be clever and still have a low IQ test score and vice versa.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
why it has always been obnoxious, I do believe that it has been the recent studies that proved 2nd hand smoke is deadly that led to the banning of it from public places
So what. My point was that it being obnoxious was enough to jusitfy the laws against smoking in public places no different from laws against playing loud music.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You're both confused. Race is a competition between runners to see who is the fastest :p
I don't care if it's a race or not, I'm gonna win!
Or it could be an egg and spoon race!!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
WHAT??!!
It must be you because I know what I'm talking about.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It's a wiki, so I take it with a grain of salt. I've read about people who were Ivy League Phd in Physics and Mathematics and after financial trouble ended up living in a shelter in Boston. Now compare that with someone like 'Snooki' and the 'Situation'. Just saying. A lot has to do with opportunities.
I never said you can not find exceptions. Low IQ people tend to make low IQ decisions. If an unmarried, uneducated, unemployed woman gets pregnant and has a baby, poverty is her lifestyle choice for she chose it with her own stupid low IQ behavior. Ghettos are created by the people who live in them, not cast upon these people.

You are not intelligent if:

you do not take school seriously

get involved in drugs, gangs, stealing

waste your money on booze, cigarettes and the lottery

have babies you can not afford to raise

find a gang as a valid career choice

THESE ARE THE BEHAVIORS OF THE POOR Poor people in general are poor quality people, people who make consistently make poor choices.

Show me poor people doing everything right, making wise choices and I'll show you wealthy people doing everything wrong, making stupid choices.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching this science thing about IQ tests and they were saying that the IQ test isn't judging your academic ability but it actually shows how well adapted u r to modern society. Anyway, I didn't get it.
I think that IQ tests to a certain degree are based on how well educated you are in completing IQ tests. I know people with very high IQs who would likely get completely stumped on some of the tests because not having experienced that form of testing would not even be aware of what the test was asking of them. In general though they likely are somewhat represtative of how intelligent a person is. But if you took a very intelligent person out of the jungle in Brazil, who could neither read nor write, and gave him an IQ test verbally, I doubt that he would score very high.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
IQ tests measure a number of things. Intelligence is a very general mental capability that, among other things, involves the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend complex ideas, learn quickly and learn from experience. It is not merely book learning, a narrow academic skill, or test-taking smarts. Rather, it reflects a broader and deeper capability for comprehending our surroundings--"catching on," "making sense" of things, or "figuring out" what to do.

http://www.psychpage.com/learning/library/int...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be you because I know what I'm talking about.
Attitude.....I like it! ;-)

No seriously, I thought race had everything to do with genetics. Why u think different?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could be an egg and spoon race!!
What about a passing the orange that you hold under your chin in a mixed group of men and women? That can be exciting. They used to play that at community social events when I was a kid, and so women could get to nuzzle some other woman's husband and vice versa while trying to pass an orange without using their hands.

We were a relatively thin society back in those days. Today I am not sure that about half the population could hold an orange under their chin, because there would be too much fat in the way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Clementia wrote:
You'll come in second place if it's a race to find the CAKE,'cuss after you guys ate the last one, I'm not about to lose another cake. That goes for potato salad too.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that IQ tests to a certain degree are based on how well educated you are in completing IQ tests. I know people with very high IQs who would likely get completely stumped on some of the tests because not having experienced that form of testing would not even be aware of what the test was asking of them. In general though they likely are somewhat represtative of how intelligent a person is. But if you took a very intelligent person out of the jungle in Brazil, who could neither read nor write, and gave him an IQ test verbally, I doubt that he would score very high.
Iq tests do not measure your knowledge, they measure your ability to think for if they measured your knowledge most all peoples IQ would continue to rise through out life.

Intelligence, so defined, can be measured, and intelligence tests measure it well. They are among the most accurate (in technical terms, reliable and valid) of all psychological tests and assessments. They do not measure creativity, character personality, or other important differences among individuals, nor are they intended to.

While there are different types of intelligence tests, they all measure the same intelligence. Some use words or numbers and require specific cultural knowledge (like vocabulary). Others do not, and instead use shapes or designs and require knowledge of only simple, universal concepts (many/few, open/closed, up/down).

http://www.psychpage.com/learning/library/int...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

489 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Tim Osman 117,688
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min waaasssuuup 225,557
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 14 min Naveen kumar 894
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Seraphima 536,827
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Helmut Prince von... 599,511
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Dr_Zorderz 259,028
Last Word + 2 49 min Tender Mercies 412
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 55 min Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••