Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#587281 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
There is NOT just one IQ test. There are many. And yes, some actually use words or numbers and require specific cultural knowledge (like vocabulary). One such IQ test was written in 1972 and called The Black Intelligence Test of Cultural Homogeneity.
I was just looking at that at http://www.susanohanian.org/show_commentary.p... . It must be a joke, right? The acronym is BITCH, and here is one of the questions:

12. Hattie Mae Johnson is on the Country. She has four children and her husband is now in jail for non-support, as he was unemployed and was not able to give her any money. Her welfare check is now $286 per month. Last night she went out with the highest player in town. If she got pregnant, then nine months from now how much more will her welfare check be?

a.$80
b.$2
c.$35
d.$150
e.$100

==========

Who remembers this sketch from Saturday Night Live?:

Garrett Morris: Good evening, and welcome to "Black Perspective". I'm your host, Garrett Morris. Tonight our guest is Mr. Julian Bond, and we'll be talking about the myths surrounding black I.Q. Specifically, the myth that whites are inherently more intelligent than blacks.

Julian Bond: Good evening, Garrett.

Garrett Morris: Now, Julian, perhaps you could explain something to me. In all these studies comparing black I.Q. to white I.Q., what kind of test is used to measure I.Q.'s in the first place?

Julian Bond: Well, this is the major problem with these studies. The measurements of I.Q. which form the basis of comparison come from tests composed by whites for whites. The tests are culturally biased; it's not surprising that whites would score better than blacks.

Garrett Morris: Could you give us an example of what you're talking about?

Julian Bond: Certainly. Here are some questions that have appeared on recent I.Q. tests. Number one: "You have been invited over for cocktails by the officer of your trust fund. Cocktails begin at 4:30, but you must make an appearance at a 6:00 formal dinner at the Yacht Club. What do you do about dress?
A. Wear your blue-striped seersucker suit to cocktails and change into your tuxedo in the bathroom, apologizing to your host for the inconvenience.
B. Wear your tuxedo to cocktails, apologizing to your host for wearing a dinner jacket before 6:00 PM.
C. Walk to the subway at Columbus Circle and take the "A" Train uptown."

Garrett Morris: Uh.. I guess I'd choose the last one.

Julian Bond: I'm sorry, that's incorrect.

Garrett Morris: Damn.

Julian Bond: Here's another: "When waxing your skis for a cross-country run, you should..."

Garrett Morris:[ interrupting ] Well, I think I understand the problem with the tests. But the fact is that people have been saying that white people are smarter than black for hundreds of years. We've only had I.Q. tests for 20 or 30 years. How did the idea of white intellectual superiority originate?

Julian Bond: That's an interesting point. My theory is that it's based on the fact that light-skinned blacks are smarter than dark-skinned blacks.

Garrett Morris:[ not sure he heard that right ] Say what?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#587282 Jan 13, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know prayer is useless?
Pray into one hand and crap into the other and see which hand always fills up first. Praying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere.
How do you know there is no God?
We only know that there is no reason to beleive there is.
Ah. So you don't know....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587283 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>That man is inherently flawed? Of course. Look in the mirror. BY the way, ever hear of Occam's razor?
Ya, assumptions are still assumptions.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#587284 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, magic 'looks real" too.
Those women might have been molested, beaten, raped and killed had they not had their guns.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#587285 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It IS when a family member steals the gun.

Your idea could only even be feasible to insure CCP holders, and if they are forced to buy insurance then so would all police and military. Do you really think congress is going to agree to that when it has a dwindling budget already?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#587286 Jan 13, 2013
Pat wrote:
The one making stupid assumptions here is you, fool. Educate yourself!
Well when I do it will be from an institution and NOT from a one-man website like you quoted from. Your link is bogus and flawed. Try again.

Location hidden

#587287 Jan 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Those women might have been molested, beaten, raped and killed had they not had their guns.
Key words "might have". They could just as easily might not have. Your assumption, not mine.

Location hidden

#587288 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If one of your drunk friends ate your rat poison thinking it was m&m's, you would be responsible for that???
Yes. It's called Involuntary Manslaughter. Next time put it in a safe place dolt.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#587289 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How was that vague? A smoke-free workplace definitely depends on the workplace. It also depends on the amount if smokers in that workplace.
There's a few bars out here (where smoking is illegal inside) that allow people to smoke because all the employees smoke.
It should be a CHOICE by the business owners, NOT mandated by some law.
Are you against personal freedom?
<quoted text>
Why does that interest you so?
Smoking is a choice, yes?
Just like a lot of things we do are choices.
Why must the government intervene with our personal choices?
Why do you advocate that?
Were the workplace smoking policies enacted by government edict or were they voted on by the public? Just curious.

Location hidden

#587290 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, assumptions are still assumptions.
The only assumption here is that you would be able to understand Occam's razor.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587291 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. It's called Involuntary Manslaughter. Next time put it in a safe place dolt.
It's rat poison... It's under the sink...

It's safe. Your dumb drink friend involuntarily killed himself, you didn't do it.

Location hidden

#587292 Jan 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Your idea could only even be feasible to insure CCP holders, and if they are forced to buy insurance then so would all police and military.
You've never heard of insurance exemptions I take it.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#587293 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Key words "might have". They could just as easily might not have. Your assumption, not mine.
Those guys didn't break in to inform them it was a happy day doofus.
One of them had been released from jail the day before and was being hunted for breaking into a car lot. She fired two warning shots and he still tried to get in. Do you really think he wanted to wash the dishes or something?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#587294 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You've never heard of insurance exemptions I take it.
I hear you like to make up all sorts of thinks , just the way you like it ..lol

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587295 Jan 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Were the workplace smoking policies enacted by government edict or were they voted on by the public? Just curious.
Enacted by the government as "safety & health" laws.

We don't get a choice. They get to tell us what's healthy...

So you can't smoke in the workplace, out here in California you can't smoke within 20 feet of public building like a court or public utility building.

Yup, I can't smoke in my break room at work because it's "unhealthy", but it's perfectly "healthy" to eat snickers and chips and cheeseburgers in the break room because that's healthy...

Fennario

#587296 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why is the government so involved in people smoking habits?
Look at the preamble of the Constitution. Think of it as the government's mission statement. There is a brief mention of justice and general welfare. It's in the nation's interest that its citizens not smoke. And it's only just that smokers pay the difference that smoking costs, which is not just the price of the cigarettes, but also includes the price of the GORE-TEX® graft for the aorta and the lung transplant.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I understand that you are an anti-smoker.
I'm pro-smoker, but anti-smoking, just as I'm pro-Christian but anti-church.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I understand that smoking is unhealthy. But there's a lot of things we do that is unhealthy, and smoking seems to be the only one we're penalized for.
If so, somebody needs to help you with that. Find somebody knowledgeable, interested and available.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because you can't focus on the task (or discussion) at hand.
How would you know?

Fennario

#587297 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do people like you feel the need to intervene with everything you deem "unhealthy"?
That's odd coming from a Christian. You called smoking sin, like the tax, right? I would think that you were all for laws criminalizing sin.

But actually, I wasn't discussing health at all. I was discussing the whether, "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of." Taxes come from government, so naturally I assumed that you thought that the government should NOT tax cigarettes. I've been trying to clarify your position on that, but it's been like trying to polish a turd.

I have no idea what you think any more. For example, you say that government should butt out of smoking related matters, yet you don't mind paying the taxes on cigarettes, even though you don't support them and think that they are unfair if fat people aren't taxed.

If you want health advice, I can give you that, too.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587298 Jan 13, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>The only assumption here is that you would be able to understand Occam's razor.
Do you? Occam's razor says that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.

And like I said, assumptions are still assumptions.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#587299 Jan 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Those guys didn't break in to inform them it was a happy day doofus.
One of them had been released from jail the day before and was being hunted for breaking into a car lot. She fired two warning shots and he still tried to get in. Do you really think he wanted to wash the dishes or something?
Hey man don't worry about it, let her risk the "might have" part of being raped and killed in a home invasion robbery.

That'll be just one less anti-gun nut out there that we have to worry about.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#587300 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Enacted by the government as "safety & health" laws.
We don't get a choice. They get to tell us what's healthy...
So you can't smoke in the workplace, out here in California you can't smoke within 20 feet of public building like a court or public utility building.
Yup, I can't smoke in my break room at work because it's "unhealthy", but it's perfectly "healthy" to eat snickers and chips and cheeseburgers in the break room because that's healthy...
Don't eat your snacks around me. I don't want to get second hand fat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 24,634
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr e williams 3
Sarah George 3 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 3 hr discocrisco 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 685,462
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 6 hr Doctor REALITY 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Jake999 619,749
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web