“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#586839 Jan 12, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Like u know a person is white and a person is black, u use your eyes, lol.
Come on, Tide, wear my thinking cap, it's pink but it works!
Skin color is not a good way to define race.

My skin is mostly pink.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#586840 Jan 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not quick to reach conclusions, but....
I stick my tongue out at u, sir!

WHO IS CLEMM? Should be a thread, init?

Catcher, do u think I should make a youtube video?

I was going to sing on it and put one up.

Location hidden

#586841 Jan 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Racial definitions are cultural constructs. The genetic variation is caused by divergent evolution, where populations separate for a time without outside genetic influence.
If there was a way to differentiate high caste from low caste, there would be no high caste people or low caste people. They would all have influence from both in some ratio.
Ask all the questions you want, but I'm a college drop out. I can only do so much.
I'm sorry, that's not what I've been taught, I think this is a very complex issue and needs a lot of thought, but I don't like thinking, so I give up!:-)

Location hidden

#586842 Jan 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Skin color is not a good way to define race.
My skin is mostly pink.
Ooooh, check u out!

Mine's yellow! lol, I think I should see a doctor!

Location hidden

#586843 Jan 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
What, u think I'm him?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#586844 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding, right? They totally should stop cleaning your hotels and laboring on your farms!
Those murdering bastards!
The major problem for us is that they clean the hotels & work on the farms, earn pay, pay no taxes & collect welfare, food stamps & free medical care & public schooling.

Ya, they're a real help!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586845 Jan 12, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Because THEY are in POSSESSION of something that has been shown to be a menace to society.
Are you really that lame that you couldn't figure that out for yourself?
No, stupid. When the gun is stolen, the owner is no longer in possession of it......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586846 Jan 12, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not the kind I'm working on. LOL...
Posting in Topix isn't " working on" anything. LOL...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586847 Jan 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would do the rich folks gardening?
'Muricans don' wanna.
I guess they're deadly to crabgrass.
Not to sound hateful, but that's not a bad thing. Crabgrass sucks.
Gee, I don't know....

How about LEGAL aliens......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586848 Jan 12, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No Einstein, I need a link to the claim you made. DUH!!!
The "claim" I made is that it's illegal to kill children.

And you need a link...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#586849 Jan 12, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I stick my tongue out at u, sir!
WHO IS CLEMM? Should be a thread, init?
Catcher, do u think I should make a youtube video?
I was going to sing on it and put one up.
Yes, Clementine, you MUST make a YouTube video. You'll be great. Do you have a good voice?

I did a film program last week. But I can't put it on YouTube, it's not my property.

I haven't seen it yet, and I'm not sure I want to, what if I was terrible?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#586850 Jan 12, 2013
Clementia wrote:
I'm sorry, that's not what I've been taught, I think this is a very complex issue and needs a lot of thought, but I don't like thinking, so I give up!:-)
How about this, science does not support racism in any way.

We can agree to that, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586851 Jan 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
okay let's compare apples to apples and not oranges. In other words lets look at the gun related deaths in developed countries and compare them.
Guess what, we lead the way
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...
You don't far much more apples to apples than a "per capita" comparison.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#586852 Jan 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I'm saying we are predators we use anything and everything to kill with. The gun is not the problem the problem is us.
But yes guns are used to kill people , especially police with blue glaziers and hydra shock ammunition. But the primary use of a gun resides in the mind of it's owner.
Do I think they were intentionally designed to kill , yes but whether that is was for food or other people is not known.
Possibly and especially because humans have rarely gone more than 10 seconds in the last 5,000 years without a war somewhere.
That's true, the primary issue is our predatory nature, which is why I think it's a bad idea to allow ourselves easy and nearly unregulated access to guns. Even if we somehow got rid of every single gun on the planet, people would still find ways to kill each other; however, it would be much more difficult for a lone madman to quickly and easily plan and execute a mass murder. It would be impractical and inadvisable to try *total* gun control, but I don't think it's unreasonable to demand tighter regulations. A ban on assault rifles, extended clips and the like, a more thorough screening process of potential buyers, as well as the implementation of a strict licensing program are all things that I think are completely reasonable when we are dealing with tools whose primary purpose is killing.

Location hidden

#586853 Jan 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>An embryo, "Fetus", also spelled foetus [<Latin, a bringing forth, progeny] is just a euphemism for baby. A human baby is called a fetus from the end of the second month until birth. Babies do some very "alive" things during those months; kicking, hiccuping, sucking thumbs, crying {it is rare] and even irritability. Every cell, beginning at conception, experiences cellular "memory". You don't need a brain to be alive.
Get real, psycho.
There is no such thing as "cellular memory." That is pseudoscience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_memory

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#586854 Jan 12, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not the slightest idea of any god at all!
I heard you the first time,repeating yourself doesn't prove you're correct.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#586855 Jan 12, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Potatoes and Arbi r my favourite
This is the closest we come to Arbi;

http://www.arbys.com

Location hidden

#586856 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, death by firearm is the only thing you're safer from in the UK.
You're right, drug offenses: UK 183,419 per 100,000 people / US 560.1 per 100,000 people.
The UK has 325 times the drug offenses than the US....
Yo, I think you need to check your math home-slice.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#586857 Jan 12, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard you the first time,repeating yourself doesn't prove you're correct.
Henry is right!

No god at all!

Location hidden

#586858 Jan 12, 2013
Nana wrote:
I believe God is real. I always believed he was, but last spring when my daughter was thrown from a vehicle traveling at 60 miles an hour, crashing to the concrete, her face and scalp ripped off from her cheek across her nose, eye, forehead, and down the back of her head and left dangling beside her head, multiple fractures in her spine, face bones shattered, arms, back and legs, left open with no skin, just raw tissue, died twice - once in helicopter, once in first hospital who said they could not help her, hopeless case, and flown as a last ditch effort to another hospital where doctors looked at her and said it looked like a watermelon smashed on the floor. Surgeons meticulously worked for hours, despite having pieces of bone and tissue to try and build her a head and felt hopeless, though they felt the spirit to continue to try. They got through surgery. We were given no hope. Told to pray. Pray we did. She lived that first day surrounded by family and members of her church family. It was a horrific site to see my baby like that, breathing with a machine, blood and meds being poured into her, yet there was a wonderful feeling of love and we knew, we knew God was in that room with us. The warmth and the calm was unreal. Doctors said if she woke up from her coma, it would be a miracle. What kind of life she would have, that would be another story. No hope, no promises, yet, we felt God's presence in that room and knew everything would be good. God was in control. We prayed and waited, never wavering in our hearts that we would lose her. God brought her through that accident, and the surgery and we felt his love surrounding us as we waited in that room. It was like we were engulfed in his spirit and our faith became so strong. God never left her. God woke her up days later. She opened her swollen eye and looked up at her dad, turned and looked at her sister and said "what are you guys doing here?" She was returned to us 100%. The horrendous injuries to her head, fractures, hemorhages, hematoma, beyond a doctors ability to repair and God gave her back whole. Did it prove God is real. ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT. He is real and he loves you. He is waiting for you to talk to him and reach out for him. He will walk with you if you invite him. He performs miracles every day. People just don't pay attention. My daughter has a new name. It is Miracle. Every doctor and every nurse involved in her care use this name. As the surgeons explained, this was God's doing. There was no way they could save her from her devastating injuries. Her four children needed her still Their mommy was returned and she shares her faith and love of Jesus with them every day. God is real. God is love and God loves you. It is true.
I'm happy your daughter made it through that, I'm sure that was a terrible experience. However, you need to be grateful to the doctors, not god. The men and women who worked tirelessly to save your daughter's life are the real heroes, not some invisible being in the sky. Stories like this always beg the question - if god has the power to save people from horrific accidents like this one, why doesn't he just prevent them in the first place, and save the victim and his/her family a lot of heartache?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min confrinting with ... 586,056
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min Justice-League 3,687
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Neelakaran 6,422
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 40,243
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 22 min GodFreeByChoice 5,841
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min ChristineM 442,981
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 58 min Paul Porter1 99,336
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 611,957
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Porkpie Hat 270,841
More from around the web