Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#586575 Jan 11, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Something eternal. Its convoluted one needs to follow the posts to see how it arrives to this point.
You mean like this...

...?

lol

It only seems eternal because his jokes are so lame.

As for convoluted? Sure, if card-stacking confuses you.:-/
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#586576 Jan 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Evidence of what? I asked you in what meaningful sense are human beings the image of your god. Instead of answering, you gave me this:
"For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God." - Deut 4:24
"For our God is a consuming fire." - Hebrews 12:29
Regarding your bible as evidence, it is not evidence of anything except that there is a Christian bible, and what it says.
<quoted text>
That's what I thought. Christians say that we are "made in His IMAGE," but have no idea what that means.
<quoted text>
That's terrific. You keep explaining how different this god is from the man allegedly made in its image.
Just one question, though: Again, in what meaningful sense are human beings the image of an invisible, immortal, immaterial, perfect god that is so different from us that our puny minds cannot comprehend it or its thoughts?
And is there a legitimate reason why you didn't answer this question?
The MEANINGFUL SENSE that WE are made in HIS IMAGE is that WE (humans) have metaphysical characteristics like LOVE, KINDNESS, HONESTY, GENEROSITY, PATIENCE, COURAGE, etc....GOD has these characteristics, but to a FAR GREATER DEGREE than we do. These are what separate us from the animals and plants and OTHER LIVING THINGS. WE have a GOD-FEARING CONSCIENCE. The ANIMALS and other living things DO NOT. This is WHY we are ABOVE the animals. Psalms 14:1 and 53:1. This is also why I don't believe in evolution. We are NOT very developed, evolved animals. The TOE will die out one day (even tho it's the hot new thing amongst you atheists and others). It simply will not last. TRY to look LONG TERM, IANS. REMEMBER: LONG. TERM.
Forum carlsbad nm

Carlsbad, NM

#586577 Jan 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You get the government that you pay for. Same sex marriage is legal in my state of residence. That's what I paid for.
You vote for them.
I buy them.
It's a win win.
River, we do not pay for anything. Maybe you do.
Who cares that same sex is legal. It is still dumb.
They are a joke.
Blow money on stupid. Vote for stupid. He won.
He kills our people through abortion. Why doesn't he
run for President in his own country, wherever that is.
All he does is burn us.
If you have money, why don't you pay the deficit.
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#586578 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthropomorphizing a rock doesn't mean the rock is the same as an art piece. It's still a rock, and the result of volcanic activity or a dying star. A painting is a painting, and even that is not evidence that it was created, we know paintings are made by human hands because we have found no exceptions yet. Just as we have seen no rocks "created" by any "god."
If we humans have the faculty and the capacity to CREATE, then that implies that someone must have CREATED us.
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

#586579 Jan 11, 2013
BTW IANS, earlier on in the piece, you mentioned God's FIRE (even called Him a FIREBALL), which is why I gave you those two verses (Deuteronomy 4:24 and Hebrews 12:29). We straight??

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#586580 Jan 11, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
several nayms
all of which she will tell you, that she is not.
because all along she is only patty
pretending to be a chrsitian
Peppermint Patty?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#586581 Jan 11, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
River, we do not pay for anything. Maybe you do.
Who cares that same sex is legal. It is still dumb.
They are a joke.
Blow money on stupid. Vote for stupid. He won.
He kills our people through abortion. Why doesn't he
run for President in his own country, wherever that is.
All he does is burn us.
If you have money, why don't you pay the deficit.
It doesn't matter what the issue is. Same sex marriage is just something I care about. You can pay for your own legislators. I don't live in your state.

It's not up to me to pay your deficit. I was barred by law from voting until 2011. We should rethink that law. I know some pretty smart 16 year olds.

Location hidden

#586582 Jan 11, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> If we humans have the faculty and the capacity to CREATE, then that implies that someone must have CREATED us.
Explain your premise.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#586583 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand you have lost the war you wage before it started.
Then you shouldn't worry about it. I'm not
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#586584 Jan 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what the issue is. Same sex marriage is just something I care about. You can pay for your own legislators. I don't live in your state.
It's not up to me to pay your deficit. I was barred by law from voting until 2011. We should rethink that law. I know some pretty smart 16 year olds.
Why is the bedroom anyones business? Why would you care
about how someone has sex? You need a marriage. A child needs
a father and a mother. Why would you give them children?
They have no shame
telling us how gross they are. They don't know that romance is between a man and a
woman.
Ask God. He watches or maybe not. I want Gods laws.

Location hidden

#586585 Jan 12, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
I want Gods laws.
Then go to God.

Do I need to instruct you?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#586586 Jan 12, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the bedroom anyones business? Why would you care
about how someone has sex? You need a marriage. A child needs
a father and a mother. Why would you give them children?
They have no shame
telling us how gross they are. They don't know that romance is between a man and a
woman.
Ask God. He watches or maybe not. I want Gods laws.

Go to Godville where ever that is , you must mean
Westboro in Topeka Kansas. Or you could move to Jerusalem.
Of here's an idea move to Iran, they like gods laws too.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#586587 Jan 12, 2013
flup wrote:
BTW IANS, earlier on in the piece, you mentioned God's FIRE (even called Him a FIREBALL), which is why I gave you those two verses (Deuteronomy 4:24 and Hebrews 12:29). We straight??
Yes, your god is the Sumerian Sun god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#586588 Jan 12, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
When is thinking not the same as thinking?
It doesnt matter how you look at it; it is facilitated by similar mechanisms and occurs in the same reality and regards things that are of the same nature: matter and energy.
If I made up a fairy tale and you made up an accurate scientific theory; its all the same; both of them are subjective descriptions of the realities we experience through our human state.
It is the FUNCTIONAL VALUE or the OPERATIONAL VALUE of a "thinking" that is relative to the situation.
There are situations where fairy tales are more valid than scientific concepts.
There are situations where religious thought is equally as valuable as scientific thought.
no

regardless what you think, you remain an unintelligent, indoctrinated, undereducated, god bot who imagines himself a friend to his imagined deity.

Location hidden

#586589 Jan 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not stop RR making crazy comparisons gun/car and it therefore does not stop me showing just as crazy compassions shark/cocoanut
Whatever turns you on, personally the taste of gun oil is a bit too sickly for my liking
the odor of gun smoke and the odor of the blood of a 6 year old child, appear to be a fascinating mix.

Location hidden

#586590 Jan 12, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"How they are used is not in question. The purpose of there manufacture is"
So I'll ask you again, do you feel a gun can not serve a just and rational purpose? Is it wrong to shoot and injure a violent predator in defense of your home or family? Honestly, I still do not see your point.
it is "wrong" to take a life in the defense of mere property.

(unless the intruder is a christian, and goes to heaven immediately)

when did owning a loaded gun in the hope of injuring another human, become rational?

Location hidden

#586591 Jan 12, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"How they are used is not in question. The purpose of there manufacture is"
So I'll ask you again, do you feel a gun can not serve a just and rational purpose? Is it wrong to shoot and injure a violent predator in defense of your home or family? Honestly, I still do not see your point.
your argument is paranoid and it's actions based upon fear, very much like those of a christian.

Location hidden

#586592 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are designed for killing. Uhm...in rare cases, they might also be nice to look at.
Despite common assumption, guns are remarkably bad at cleaning your microwave. They're quite poor at substituting for vacuums and, I can assure you, have no place in the swimming pool.
Guns are made for killing. Anyone who says differently owns guns s/he fears will be taken away.
I have heard that they make a good substitute for a hair dryer.

Location hidden

#586593 Jan 12, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of argument it was manufactured to kill, so what exactly is your point? Is it wrong to shoot and kill a man attempting to rape your wife or one who is shooting up a school full of little children?
is the purp using one of your guns, or one of your neighbor's guns?

Location hidden

#586594 Jan 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all guns are made to kill Christine. But even if they were , it wouldn't make any difference.
http://www.stiguns.com/
they need to be designed to fire projectiles which do not kill, or be locked up, safely, or confiscated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min Greezy 1,904
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 45 min Johnny 117
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min Charlie Sheen 272,400
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,343
light skin men (Apr '13) 1 hr TheCritics 5
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 2,764
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Play Boy 442
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 599,314
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 612,890
More from around the web