Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#586290 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Theoretical Physicists live in a alternate universe themselves you know?
Thats understandable,i'm trying to figure out where Pat is from.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586291 Jan 11, 2013
Alarice wrote:
Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =94nugjlHiw0XX
Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 3
Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 4
Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 5
Whahahahahahahaha Same old dishonest horse manure and lies. The godbots are really getting desperate.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#586292 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a fat person being an increased insurance risk change the fact that a smoker is an increased insurance risk? Why should you get to have a say concerning insurance company rates for fat people? That's between them and the insurance company and none of your business. You have the freedom to drop your insurance, change your insurance or quit smoking. You do not have the freedom to tell a insurance company what to charge their customers.

Cause when the fat lady's knee gave out , she fell on me.
She was smoking a cigarette and singing too.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586293 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I mean hardheaded.
That you claim you've found life on Pluto is completely off-topic and completely ridiculous.
God has touched me, God has spoken to me, and God has done that to billions of other people.
I used life on Pluto to simply show you that your claim is as absurd as claiming you have knowledge of life on Pluto.

Your claim that the creator of the universe has secretly touched you is far more outrageous an absurd and improbable than a claim that there is life on Pluto.

"and God has done that to billions of other people"

Says the trained parrot conditioned to blindly believe and not to think....

You are like a blind man in a dark room searching for a black cat that isn't there, then dishonestly claiming you have found it.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586294 Jan 11, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Thats understandable,i'm trying to figure out where Pat is from.
Try looking right under my name, detective.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#586295 Jan 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Birthday!
Tide, IANS knows about your birthday, HELLO, I thought it was an undercover thing, that's why I didn't make any fuss!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AGAIN!!!

Location hidden

#586296 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I used life on Pluto to simply show you that your claim is as absurd as claiming you have knowledge of life on Pluto.
Your claim that the creator of the universe has secretly touched you is far more outrageous an absurd and improbable than a claim that there is life on Pluto.
You are like a blind man in a dark room searching for a black cat that isn't there, then dishonestly claiming you have found it.
It may have been Schroeder's cat though.

Location hidden

#586297 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Believing in knowledge is very different from thinking a belief in god = knowledge of god. Why are you so confused?
Cearly I'm not confused. I just expect precise use of the language from someone as picky as you.

Location hidden

#586298 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Try looking right under my name, detective.
Considering the context of the post I was answering,you too may reside in that alternate universe but not for the same reasons as Hawking and Krauss.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#586299 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
Wrong. I've never been touched by plutonians.
"Secretly"?
There you go lying again. Who are you to say that God isn't there? Have you completed your God tests?

Location hidden

#586300 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause when the fat lady's knee gave out , she fell on me.
She was smoking a cigarette and singing too.
llllllllllol

O Aura, darling u too much!!

Who's this Pat guy or girl? I'm going to assume he's a guy.

Is he Postman Pat with his black and white cat?

Sing along Aura, u know u want to!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#586301 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
A claim made without knowledge to back it up is a lie. You don't really believe you are that special do you? That some god would leave untold billions in the dark and secretly come to you? You have one hell of an inflated ego.
It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Actually, Pat, a false claim made without knowledge is only a lie, if the person making the claim knows it to be false and is deliberately trying to mislead. I wouldn't put that past RR, but to claim something that he doesn't know to be true may only be stupidity, not lying.

He, and others here do though make a lot of claims which they believe to be true which are completely unfounded.

Lying, as we have seen demonstrated here often, is saying that you are not a certain person, but you really are. That is one of those laws, that if there was really a God and really a Hell would get a person that very hottest spot in Hell for breaking.

Fortunately for some of the proclaimed good Christians there is no Hell, IMO.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#586302 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, actually what makes sense because of the government stays the f*ck out of peoples lives. If people want to eat hotdogs and hamburgers and drink fattening beer and sodas and whatever other kind of crap they want, then they should be allowed to.
Why is it that you religitards want the government to stay out of - your - business.... but YOU won't stay out of other peoples business when they want to get an abortion? Oh snap.

The problem with what you said is that all those self made sick people will be a burden to society, and society shouldn't be punished for YOUR stupid mistakes.

If you want to move somewhere else and be a burden on another society then I say sure - do what you want to your health.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586303 Jan 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Pat, a false claim made without knowledge is only a lie, if the person making the claim knows it to be false and is deliberately trying to mislead. I wouldn't put that past RR, but to claim something that he doesn't know to be true may only be stupidity, not lying.
He, and others here do though make a lot of claims which they believe to be true which are completely unfounded.
Lying, as we have seen demonstrated here often, is saying that you are not a certain person, but you really are. That is one of those laws, that if there was really a God and really a Hell would get a person that very hottest spot in Hell for breaking.
Fortunately for some of the proclaimed good Christians there is no Hell, IMO.
You're just another athitard that can't understand....

I'm not lying.

I'm not trying to pass on a false claim.

You people just have some real closed minds.

Location hidden

#586304 Jan 11, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Cearly I'm not confused. I just expect precise use of the language from someone as picky as you.
Yep, I can CEARLY see that!:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586305 Jan 11, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the context of the post I was answering,you too may reside in that alternate universe but not for the same reasons as Hawking and Krauss.
Isn't pat from Pluto?

Or was it that he was trying to say plutonians visited him?

Or did he visit them?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#586306 Jan 11, 2013
... I know imperfection when I see it. Building a torture chamber, manning it with an infinitely monstrous inquisitor, and forcing souls to remain conscious to feel themselves falling into fire from which they can never escape for the sin of not believing in an invisible and AWOL god is a tad short of any clear thinking person's definition of perfect justice, perfect love, or perfect mercy.
Well, when wild animals are captures by scientists to study them, treat them for diseases and place them in confined spaces; they tend to respond as if it is a hellish experience.

Of course, we as humans know better; and we know that what we are doing is more likely to help such an animal to survive than injure it.

So we see that a certain level of understanding is often necessary before one understand the issues in the bible such as "hell".

I simply dont think you are sufficiently educated on matters such as "hell", to be able to form a valid conclusion.

Furthermore, I have said before that there is much to indicate that the Bible uses the word "Hell" to refer to a state of mind. The " infinitely monstrous inquisitor" you speak needs not be more than a man's conscience, convicting him of the error of his ways.

I could even go on to talk about how the "fires of hell" dont necessarily mean literal fire, etc etc
You can't make me believe otherwise.
I know that perfectly well.

Nothing can make you nor anyone believe what you dont want to; not even the most compelling evidence.

I could give you evidence of "A", but you could always find a way to speculate or be sceptical or doubtful.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE ACCURATE/FITTING THE EVIDENCE; THE MORE YOU MIGHT SUGGEST THAT IT IS FABRICATED. After all, if it is too good to be true it probably isnt, right?
<quoted text>
Perfect for what?
My original intention was to hear what is your idea of perfect; and how you ascertain that the perfection you describe is indeed perfect.

But I find it rather interesting that you do acknowledge that "perfection" is relative (I assume that from what you posted).

So why is it that when someone says "A" is a perfect God, you dont ask, "perfect for what?"
That's another argument against a perfect god existing. Perfect gods don't create imperfect things.
Aha! There you go.

You dont know a perfect God, so how can you say what one does and doesnt do?

SHOULD GOD CONFORM TO YOUR CONCEPT OF PERFECTION?

Your expression suggests that you have knowledge of (a) perfection that is equal to (or perhaps greater than) that of an Omniscient "A". Thats just wrong.

Furthermore, if "A" has perfect power, then "A" should be able to create anything to any standard or quality.

There is no law that says that which is omnipotent and perfect in power must do this or that.

The Omnipotent has the power to make perfect as well as to withhold or remove perfection.
Apparently he needs to be praised, and can't abide sinners in heaven.
Apparently. Only apparently.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#586307 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Over the course of their life, fat people go to the hospital more than smokers do.
Only because they can't climb the stairs...

Location hidden

#586308 Jan 11, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
llllllllllol
O Aura, darling u too much!!
Who's this Pat guy or girl? I'm going to assume he's a guy.
Is he Postman Pat with his black and white cat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1uukgYgflCEXX
Sing along Aura, u know u want to!
I never figured out if Pat was a guy or Girl but pretty sure she is a woman, or he is or like old Dave always says....something like that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#586309 Jan 11, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, KK, you are a funny thing - sorry - person. Reminds me of the old story where a Christian man invites a few atheist friends to his house for dinner. Anyway, after they have all had a good meal and wine, he invites them to see his planetarium (a room with the model of the universe in it). They look at it with AWE and WONDER. One of his friends says to him, "This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! EXTRAORDINARY!! Who made it?? You??" Then the host says to them, "No!! NOBODY MADE IT". They all said, "Why, that is absurd!! SOMEBODY must have made this wondrous work of art, surely!!". He replied, "No, nobody!!" They then said "SOMEONE MUST have DESIGNED, drawn up PLANS, then CREATED this MODEL OF YOURS". Then he said, "Then WHY is it so hard for you to BELIEVE SOMEONE CREATED YOU and this PLANET, and THE UNIVERSE YOU LIVE IN??". So I guess he had a point there. Just saying.
Anthropomorphizing a rock doesn't mean the rock is the same as an art piece. It's still a rock, and the result of volcanic activity or a dying star. A painting is a painting, and even that is not evidence that it was created, we know paintings are made by human hands because we have found no exceptions yet. Just as we have seen no rocks "created" by any "god."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She looks great even without any makeup !! 1 hr Better bones than... 7
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 1 hr prajju 189
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 262,098
mycashbot.com Review : MY CASH BOT SCAM? 2 hr dess71 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 37,359
The best treatment to cure BV 3 hr tcmanddisease 3
The Feds Are Playing A Very Dangerous Game 3 hr FUNG 13
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr bmz 96,462
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Little Voice 174
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr marge 550,997