Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#586320 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming that sensations you felt while in a mode of distress are that of a deity, yet you have no evidence to support that it was, much less which one. Why do you assume it was the christian one?
Great point, and one that most people claiming they had 'personal contact with God' are never asked. Since even believers claim that one cannot see God, then how can they tell it is the God of the Bible or several thousand other possibilities?

Someone has a NDE and claims that proves there is a God, but really all it proves is they might have had a NDE. That has been proven to be something that goes on in the brain of someone who is being starved of oxygen, as a person near death would be.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#586321 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming that sensations you felt while in a mode of distress are that of a deity, yet you have no evidence to support that it was, much less which one. Why do you assume it was the christian one?
I'm not assuming anything. I know it was God, I felt him and I felt his presence.

And I don't think it was the "Christian God", I believe there is only one God and he has answered my prayer many times.

Any is answered many people's prayers.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#586322 Jan 11, 2013
Islam deenul haq wrote:
I prove you there is God
First of all You search and inspect your sorroundinds
this mountains , the rain falls .sun star , planet
a man dont make this think
you think yourself
You see your body the man can,t make your body part
but God is power on every think
like seasons , day and night
so
which god do you subscribe to?

www.godchecker.com

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#586323 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just another athitard that can't understand....
I'm not lying.
I'm not trying to pass on a false claim.
You people just have some real closed minds.
If I tell you that I've felt the presence of Krishna and he said he was God. Would u believe me?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#586324 Jan 11, 2013
DerbyDoII wrote:
<quoted text>What else do you want to know?
whats north of the North pole?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#586325 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not assuming anything. I know it was God, I felt him and I felt his presence.
And I don't think it was the "Christian God", I believe there is only one God and he has answered my prayer many times.
Any is answered many people's prayers.
So you ignore the thousands of other gods that possess just as much evidence as yours, and the billions of other claims exactly like yours in order for you to justify to yourself that it was the one you assumed. Then you discard the vast majority of unanswered prayers, as if there was something wrong with those prayers. It's called confirmation bias and you exhibit it in spades.

How is it you know? There is no such thing as self-evident, it's a social construct that we created to justify giving rights to the privileged minority. So how is it that you think you know something which cannot be demonstrated?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#586326 Jan 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
FU. Why should I waste time on idiot hypocrites from my past who just want to up the tally of their FB "friends" list? The guy I kicked had attacked me in a neighbor's backyard and deserved whatever I was able to dish out. I want to "friend" that ass about as much as I would you.
Did Princess wake up cranky?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#586327 Jan 11, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
so
which god do you subscribe to?
www.godchecker.com
Oh come on, man! Put your thinking cap on, u can have mine if u want I don't really use it.

ALLAH!!!

his name is Islam......u think he worships the cow God? lol

They say Allah hu akbar (allah is great) a million times!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#586328 Jan 11, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Either, the hamster thingy in your pic ate it and that's why it's got that look, the puppy dog eyes and the 'I didn't do it' face. Or Tide married it (they eloped). That's why Tide and the cake are missin'! Some people, I tell ya, crazy nuts!!
Great.... first no potato salad, now no cake :(

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#586329 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthropomorphizing a rock doesn't mean the rock is the same as an art piece. It's still a rock, and the result of volcanic activity or a dying star. A painting is a painting, and even that is not evidence that it was created, we know paintings are made by human hands because we have found no exceptions yet. Just as we have seen no rocks "created" by any "god."
There's an elephant that paints.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#586330 Jan 11, 2013
I like this one :)
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are two:
WHAT WERE JESUS' LAST WORDS?
[1]“When he had received the drink, Jesus said,“It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John 19:30
[2]“Jesus called out with a loud voice,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last." - Luke 23:46
The differences in accounts of those last words does not mean that that both accounts are not true.

Did you for a second consider that perhaps the accounts were given by different people who heard different last words due to where they were located?

There was a crowd.
WAS THE BEASTS OR MAN CREATED FIRST)
[1] "And God said,“Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds ... Then God said,“Let us make mankind..." - Genesis 1:24-26
[2]"Then the Lord God formed a man ... Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky." Genesis 2:7-19
The first narrative suggests that beasts were created first.

The second narrative does not suggest anything contrary.

The second narrative suggests that vegetation was created before men and beasts; but there is no mentioning of what point God created beasts, it just says " Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them" [genesis 2: 19]

There is no contradiction there.

So now you have not only demonstrated your inability to think critically as in the case of valid accounts of Christ;s last words; but you have also demonstrated that you are only selectively literate. You are only literate when you think you an disprove something you dont like, and when you think you can prove something you like.
A word of warning: apparent biblical contradictions must be rectified using the bible if you want to call your bible consistent.
Fair enough. But critical thinking skills is necessary for the interpretation and comprehension of all things.
I can make up just-so stories to resolve any contradiction you give me.
That meant something, didnt it?
If I tell you that I will visit you Saturday night and come Sunday morning, that is a contradiction, even if it was still Saturday night on the other side of the world.
Thats relative.

If you tell me that you will show up saturday, and when you arrive at my doorstep it is saturday; how have you lied?

Even if you showed up on a saturday 1000000000 years later; did you not show up on saturday? How then have you lied?

I'm sure you have a point. Please elaborate.

Location hidden

#586331 Jan 11, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
whats north of the North pole?
The constellation of Ursa Minor.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#586332 Jan 11, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> The evidence is all around you, IANS. Deuteronomy 4:24 and Hebrews 12:29. We are made in His IMAGE, but there is NO WAY we can even compare our physicality, intellect, and spirituality to Him. He is WAY BEYOND, WAY BEYOND anything or anyone we puny humans can dream up!! He CREATED US for corn's sake!! And UNTIL we humans CREATE LIFE from NON-LIFE (boy, would THAT make BIG headlines around the world!!), then Christians like myself will just happily go along with what the Good Book says.
special pleading FALLACY

try to THINK harder

Location hidden

#586333 Jan 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>What's REALLY important is where's the cake?
Why is the rum gone?

Did you put it in the cake?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#586334 Jan 11, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I can CEARLY see that!:-)
Ha ha good one. I'm CLEARLY in need of reviewing my posts before hitting enter.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#586335 Jan 11, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, KK, you are a funny thing - sorry - person. Reminds me of the old story where a Christian man invites a few atheist friends to his house for dinner. Anyway, after they have all had a good meal and wine, he invites them to see his planetarium (a room with the model of the universe in it). They look at it with AWE and WONDER. One of his friends says to him, "This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! EXTRAORDINARY!! Who made it?? You??" Then the host says to them, "No!! NOBODY MADE IT". They all said, "Why, that is absurd!! SOMEBODY must have made this wondrous work of art, surely!!". He replied, "No, nobody!!" They then said "SOMEONE MUST have DESIGNED, drawn up PLANS, then CREATED this MODEL OF YOURS". Then he said, "Then WHY is it so hard for you to BELIEVE SOMEONE CREATED YOU and this PLANET, and THE UNIVERSE YOU LIVE IN??". So I guess he had a point there. Just saying.
so who CREATED god?

and whats it made of?

Location hidden

#586336 Jan 11, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on, man! Put your thinking cap on, u can have mine if u want I don't really use it.
ALLAH!!!
his name is Islam......u think he worships the cow God? lol
They say Allah hu akbar (allah is great) a million times!!!
What does chicken allah king mean?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#586337 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't pat from Pluto?
Or was it that he was trying to say plutonians visited him?
Or did he visit them?
Pat is just a prickly contrarian.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#586338 Jan 11, 2013
Amish wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a historic fact recorded by all the historians of the day. The Bible says he is God & Creator. The Bible is then confirmed with a long HISTORY & SCIENCE.
The commies have no interest in the truth of the matter.
bible is a load of HORSESHYT

www.evilbible.com
and
www.jesusneverexisted.com

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#586339 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There's an elephant that paints.
I saw that, it's so cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 96,730
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Remnant of 144000 604,799
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Tony17 559,025
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min WasteWater 5,091
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min Remnant of 144000 39,338
Stop buying Chinese 18 min Doctor REALITY 3
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 21 min His Eminency dr S... 33,165
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min onemale 265,018
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 54 min HipGnosis 175,551
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web