Prove there's a god.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#586678 Jan 12, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why they have 20MPH speed limits for schools. Your point?
Since when does a lunatic out to kill people with a car care about speed limits?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#586679 Jan 12, 2013
karl44 wrote:
when did owning a loaded gun in the hope of injuring another human, become rational?
If you ever encounter an armed robber or home invader, you can ask him that.

Maybe your protest sign will protect you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#586680 Jan 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People
2010: 3.59
I will not tell you guns do not kill people, I know they do but when you look at the unjustified homicides the rate isn't that high.
In fact suicide by guns is higher and suicide by any means is 4 times higher than gun murders.
If you look at the world at large the US is quite low per capita.
You have to realize we have 10x the people of Canada , and 4x the people of Japan.
But look at the real figures and its blown up and out of proportion
and not nearly as bad as it seems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/unit...
I'm not trying to discount what happened with the psycho school shooters , and I don't mind a assault weapon and high capacity
clip ban Hiding , but see it is going to make little to no difference. And you're right we are a gun culture, no they will never take them away. They will also never be able to change
whats happening with bans. They need some method that will address the mentally disturbed before they explode.
The way people have geared up and bought guns lately , it's hopeless. Watch this and this is happening everywhere.
80% receivers are selling as fast as they can be made, clips and folding stocks. The people here are acting like they are gearing up for war.
http://www.10news.com/news/investigations/peo...
They are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586681 Jan 12, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
is there such a thing,
as a "little" touch?
Yes.

You've never touched your dog?

You've never been touched by a song?

Ever heard of "touching words"?

You atheists can't see "touch" in any other way than pedophelia?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586682 Jan 12, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when a gun is used in the commission of a crime, the gun owner needs be held criminally responsible.
"when"
Why?

Then hold the car owner responsible when the car thief kills someone with the stolen car?

Weirdo.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586683 Jan 12, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the law requires the car to have liability insurance
and
If improperly used, criminal charges result
the gun needs be treated with equal respect
Yes, karl. Criminal charges are brought to the criminal......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586684 Jan 12, 2013
karl44 wrote:
no smoke inside of any public space
no smoke in a vehicle were another person is seated.
LMMFAO!

If you're in MY truck, you smell MY smoke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586685 Jan 12, 2013
karl44 wrote:
I have some empathy for a person having difficulty controlling their weight.
I have very little empathy for the coward who voluntarily injures himself.
I want law to protect me from your smoke, from your stink, and from your extra poor health.
Empathy for the fat, stinky person addicted to food but no empathy for the person addicted to nicotine?

You're atheism shines brightly.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586686 Jan 12, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd like Japan, Karl. Before I moved to America, you could smoke anywhere - literally, anywhere.
4 years later I return and there are "no smoking while walking signs" and cordoned off places for people to smoke outside. Outside!!!
Honestly, I cannot agree with it. I am in favor of allowing smokers to smoke anywhere that is polite outside. Walk and smoke, I don't care. I even enjoy the smell sometimes. Smoke in some restaurants, cordoned off from non-smokers.
I am not a smoker, though I enjoy cigars. I tried to buy a pack of cigarettes yesterday - wow! Far too fast, too strong, nearly fell over from the shock and then I feel disgusting. No thank you! But cigars...very nice :)
They don't go with my champagne, baby, but they go with my rum!
No smoking while walking?!?

Does the Japanese government allow any freedoms?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#586687 Jan 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FaB-zq864-cXX
...?
lol
It only seems eternal because his jokes are so lame.
As for convoluted? Sure, if card-stacking confuses you.:-/
The Large Hardon Collider.

ROFLMAO.

Outstanding talk. Thank you.

You must REALLY hate Krauss.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586688 Jan 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Rate of Gun Homicide per 100,000 People
2010: 3.59
I will not tell you guns do not kill people, I know they do but when you look at the unjustified homicides the rate isn't that high.
In fact suicide by guns is higher and suicide by any means is 4 times higher than gun murders.
If you look at the world at large the US is quite low per capita.
You have to realize we have 10x the people of Canada , and 4x the people of Japan.
But look at the real figures and its blown up and out of proportion
and not nearly as bad as it seems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/unit...
I'm not trying to discount what happened with the psycho school shooters , and I don't mind a assault weapon and high capacity
clip ban Hiding , but see it is going to make little to no difference. And you're right we are a gun culture, no they will never take them away. They will also never be able to change
whats happening with bans. They need some method that will address the mentally disturbed before they explode.
The way people have geared up and bought guns lately , it's hopeless. Watch this and this is happening everywhere.
80% receivers are selling as fast as they can be made, clips and folding stocks. The people here are acting like they are gearing up for war.
http://www.10news.com/news/investigations/peo...
Good call.

And people that want to kill themselves will do it with or without a gun.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#586689 Jan 12, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad second hand smoke and cancer don't care about being polite. Ah, what a perfect world this would be.
Second hand smoke in cities full of industrial pollution is like worrying about the mercury levels in your tuna.

Some stable somewhere

#586690 Jan 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a lot of bad people , we are a melting pot .
Gangs and Syndicate etc. That's never going to change.
You are safe mostly, it's slightly dangerous here but nothing like South Africa where it's 31.8, Double fine lives in a highly dangerous country. I never knew that, but could have guessed.
It could change, but it would require addressing social inequalities.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586691 Jan 12, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying. I feel that your caim of a god is unproved, not disproved.
I feel that your feeling us unproved.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586692 Jan 12, 2013
Pat wrote:
There can be evidence for both memory and emotion.
Right. But we know they exist. Just like God.

Some stable somewhere

#586693 Jan 12, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"The US reports over 9000 homicides per year and something like 2000 or so accidents. That's about 18000 times the Japan rate, and 6000 times the Canadian one."
Adjust for our black and hispanic population and remove all their sensless gun violence and THEN compare it with Japan and Canada and see what you learn.
"I suspect, b/c of inequalities in wealth, education and access to health care, the US is going to have high figures in yearly per capita violent deaths regardless of gun control."
We are not all equal clones, inequalities in IQ and moral sense exist and account for these other inequalities.
All peoples share the same biology, same underlying genetics. Skin color makes up for all of 6-7 genes out of 25 000. Nationality and culture are not genetic components.

I'm assuming that by using racial categories you're referring to social inequalities that promote poverty and violence.

So as a nation, you're arguing that you must address your social inequalities to stave off violent deaths. Ok, I'm in agreement with that.

If, on the other hand, you're suggesting racist interpretations, I disagree, for the above reasons.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#586694 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Freddom from getting your clothes or kids burnt by careless passing smokers.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586695 Jan 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wear ear protection when you're shooting?
Always. My hearing loss is genetic.

Some stable somewhere

#586696 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you are a 20 year old non-smoking boy who has a few months before college. Then, it's like Disneyland! Woohooo!

Well, you can drink anywhere. Movie theaters, passenger in a car, on the bus, in a train, in the park...doesn't matter. You can usually smoke anywhere, too, but some cities post those non-smoking signs.

Oh, and homosexual prostitution is legal. As are any kind of prostitution not directly involving sexual intercourse between a man and woman. So if you just want a bj, we have cafes for that, for you.

Go hard or go home!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#586697 Jan 12, 2013
Freedom.

Freddom is silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Chess 104,952
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min HOMOSEXUAL VICTIM 673,541
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min bad bob 184,635
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 286,297
Poll Bible - Written by Man - Edited by Man (Apr '09) 4 hr Jedi Master of All 1,933
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 5 hr Dom daddy for sub 21
Paul Ryan is a closet HOMOSEXUAL (Aug '12) 8 hr John 10
More from around the web