|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cheat on Mary Jane!
I can't tolerate nicotine and I hate cigarette smoke.
That's only because you haven't had Monte Cristos. Trust me on this one.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont seem to understand that you are making errors in judgement.
To make a statement like the one you posted here, implies that you would know the intentions or goals or aims of God. DO YOU?
So you have a problem with the "Christianisation of God"? I can fix that.
I dont even have to use the term "god".
Let "A" represent the that which demonstrates the Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence in a continuous way.
So "A is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent
Do you know what direction "A"'s plans wil ltake so that you can conclude that "A" screwed up?
Do you know that the Omnipotence of "A" does not allow "A" to rectify the created world such that it was as if nothing "went awry"?
YOU ARE COVETOUS OF THE OMNISCIENCE OF "A"; THATS WHY YOU SPEAK AS IF YOU HAVE IT.
<quoted text>
I notice that you keep referring to the CHARACTER of "God", "Jehova-Jesus" etc etc.
You did not mention "CHARACTERISTICS", nor did you mention "ATTRIBUTES".
Once again you base your evaluation of the reality/existence of a thing on the value/quality of CHARACTER.
But CHARACTER as such, is superfluous to the question of existence.
When scientists want to discover whether a creature existed or not: DO THEY SEARCH FOR CHARACTERISTICS AND ATTRIBUTES OR DO THEY CONTEMPLATE TEH CHARACTER OF THE CREATURE?
Do the scientists say, "the creature shoUld have X characteristics or attributes that should leave impressions on the surrounding; OR DO THEY SAY "THE CREATURE SHOULD BE WELL MANNERED AND REFINED IN ITS ETHICS"?
You keep saying that God as such does not exists; but what attribute of God or His Specifically measurable Characteristics have you ever tested for?
"To make a statement like the one you posted here, implies that you would know the intentions or goals or aims of God. DO YOU?"

DO YOU? I highly doubt it is atheists going around claiming god is perfect so you need to go ague that one with your fellow godbots.

"You keep saying that God as such does not exists; but what attribute of God or His Specifically measurable Characteristics have you ever tested for?"

So then you are admitting that the theists claims about a god being omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent are without merit and untested?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets hook one on the other!:)
Lets not :)
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.
Faith is dishonestly clinging to death denying horse manure out of fear is more like it.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like soup. Pea soup is delicious.
This reminds me of a story.
A guy goes into a restaurant, and sees chicken soup and pea soup on the menu. He decides on the chicken soup. The waiter yells toward the kitchen, "One chicken!!!"
The patron then changes his mind, and tells the waiter he would like the pea soup instead. The waiter yells again, "Hold the chicken and make it pea!!!"
I know. Lame.
a-hahahahaha! That was great.

Didn't I ever tell you I was the best waiter ... in a place I don't want to mention? Yeah! True! They gave me bottles of wine for my service :)

Your joke happened a lot. I once had to convince a chef that pissing in someone's food was an unethical and inappropriate method of revenge. True story. So he went out and punctured the customer's tires. False story! I lied there. He did no such thing :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cept , not all guns are for killing.
Especially my gun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
If you own a gun then that gun is manufactured to kill. Whether you use it to kill is not in question, the purpose of manufacture is
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
That's an argument that we don't know everything, not that all kinds of thinking are equally valid or invalid.
<quoted text>
When is thinking not the same as thinking?

It doesnt matter how you look at it; it is facilitated by similar mechanisms and occurs in the same reality and regards things that are of the same nature: matter and energy.

If I made up a fairy tale and you made up an accurate scientific theory; its all the same; both of them are subjective descriptions of the realities we experience through our human state.

It is the FUNCTIONAL VALUE or the OPERATIONAL VALUE of a "thinking" that is relative to the situation.

There are situations where fairy tales are more valid than scientific concepts.

There are situations where religious thought is equally as valuable as scientific thought.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We quit arguing about guns, they turned out to be chocolate ...so we ate them. If you Brits have any guns you don't want..
you can send them here.
We will eat them too!
That does not stop RR making crazy comparisons gun/car and it therefore does not stop me showing just as crazy compassions shark/cocoanut

Whatever turns you on, personally the taste of gun oil is a bit too sickly for my liking

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Merely pointing out her hypocrisy.
Sure! And I'm just pointing out how miserable you are.
:)
No, really! Always. It's kind of sad. If I had one wish, I'd wish that you were a nicer .... no, no, actually, I'd just wish for millions of dollars. If I had two wishes, why, I'd wish for world peac...no, no, I'd probably want a Ferrari first. Well, number three is something about children. And number four has to do with peace! Number five is probably about the environment...probably, honestly, you're down around number 553434235666, but I'm getting there!
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A gun is manufactured for to injure a car is not. How they are used is not in question. The purpose of there manufacture is
As for giving credit, we are talking abut RR here, he is the on making the comparison, talk to him over whether he knows that a gun is a weapopn and a car is a mode of transport
Nope, it seems you are defending guns because you defend guns as a matter of course. There is no logic in that defence when comparing an apple to an orange
"How they are used is not in question. The purpose of there manufacture is"

So I'll ask you again, do you feel a gun can not serve a just and rational purpose? Is it wrong to shoot and injure a violent predator in defense of your home or family? Honestly, I still do not see your point.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
So the universe is throbbing?
Throbbing is usually to a regular rhythm, and they don't know yet if it's slowing down. For right now it would be more accurate to say it's pulsating, which is common with other things in the universe.

“Go ahead.”

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you own a gun then that gun is manufactured to kill. Whether you use it to kill is not in question, the purpose of manufacture is
Guns are designed for killing. Uhm...in rare cases, they might also be nice to look at.

Despite common assumption, guns are remarkably bad at cleaning your microwave. They're quite poor at substituting for vacuums and, I can assure you, have no place in the swimming pool.

Guns are made for killing. Anyone who says differently owns guns s/he fears will be taken away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cept , not all guns are for killing.
Especially my gun.
To bad you can't predict the future. Nancy Lanza couldn't either. Weird. Oh well, that's what liability insurance is for.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
If you Brits have any guns you don't want..
you can send them here.
Might want to do that before this summer.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of argument it was manufactured to kill, so what exactly is your point? Is it wrong to shoot and kill a man attempting to rape your wife or one who is shooting up a school full of little children?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets not :)
Why not? James Bond did :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
That's only because you haven't had Monte Cristos. Trust me on this one.
Peer pressure!!!

I need an adult!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
Looks like RR has the day off.
Same lack of activity, just not getting paid for it today...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

Not all guns are made to kill Christine. But even if they were , it wouldn't make any difference.

http://www.stiguns.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is dishonestly clinging to death denying horse manure out of fear is more like it.
Well duh.... fear a large part of all religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 556,501 - 556,520 of719,905
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

352 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 min syam 389
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 532,261
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min MUQ1 36,491
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min JITHIN 4,446
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Rosa_Winkel 599,026
satta 1 hr Anil 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr RATTYslayer 114,937
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 256,339
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 93,652
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••