<quoted text>
Lets not :)
Why not? James Bond did :)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#586179 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
That's only because you haven't had Monte Cristos. Trust me on this one.
Peer pressure!!!

I need an adult!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#586180 Jan 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Looks like RR has the day off.
Same lack of activity, just not getting paid for it today...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#586181 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you own a gun then that gun is manufactured to kill. Whether you use it to kill is not in question, the purpose of manufacture is

Not all guns are made to kill Christine. But even if they were , it wouldn't make any difference.

http://www.stiguns.com/

Location hidden

#586182 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is dishonestly clinging to death denying horse manure out of fear is more like it.
Well duh.... fear a large part of all religion.

Location hidden

#586183 Jan 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Throbbing is usually to a regular rhythm, and they don't know yet if it's slowing down. For right now it would be more accurate to say it's pulsating, which is common with other things in the universe.

Different universes throb differently :)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#586184 Jan 11, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is all very interesting... really. Did you know that there are over 30 different versions of the Horus story?
wow, not like the jesus story, with 38000 versions.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586185 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
When is thinking not the same as thinking?
It doesnt matter how you look at it; it is facilitated by similar mechanisms and occurs in the same reality and regards things that are of the same nature: matter and energy.
If I made up a fairy tale and you made up an accurate scientific theory; its all the same; both of them are subjective descriptions of the realities we experience through our human state.
It is the FUNCTIONAL VALUE or the OPERATIONAL VALUE of a "thinking" that is relative to the situation.
There are situations where fairy tales are more valid than scientific concepts.
There are situations where religious thought is equally as valuable as scientific thought.
"If I made up a fairy tale and you made up an accurate scientific theory; its all the same;both of them are subjective descriptions of the realities we experience through our human state."

Other than both originating from the human mind they are not alike.

"There are situations where religious thought is equally as valuable as scientific thought."

There are ZERO situations where blind unsupported beliefs are equally valuable to logic and reason. There are ZERO situations where dishonesty is equally as valuable as honesty - TO AN ETHICAL PERSON. However, dishonesty and superstition are quite valuable to a person who does not want to face their own mortality honestly e.g. a theist.

Location hidden

#586186 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
Is it wrong to shoot and kill a man attempting to rape your wife
LOL.... yeah shoot at your wife as she is being raped, probably just an excuse to shoot your wife....
one who is shooting up a school full of little children?
That's just an excuse to remove all guns from the picture.

Location hidden

#586187 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all guns are made to kill Christine. But even if they were , it wouldn't make any difference.
That's right, because the liability insurance will factor all of that in. Insurance companies are really good at that.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#586188 Jan 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Peer pressure!!!
I need an adult!
No, no, no! It's ok. Just mail some mj here, please *0*

Location hidden

#586189 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Different universes throb differently :)
that's what she said.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#586190 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
a-hahahahaha! That was great.
Didn't I ever tell you I was the best waiter ... in a place I don't want to mention? Yeah! True! They gave me bottles of wine for my service :)
Your joke happened a lot. I once had to convince a chef that pissing in someone's food was an unethical and inappropriate method of revenge. True story. So he went out and punctured the customer's tires. False story! I lied there. He did no such thing :)
One must never piss off a waiter.

Leave a lousy tip. Or speak with the boss. But do not piss off your waiter.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#586191 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of argument it was manufactured to kill, so what exactly is your point? Is it wrong to shoot and kill a man attempting to rape your wife or one who is shooting up a school full of little children?
No.
What would be wrong would be wasting more than (1) cartridge on it.

Location hidden

#586192 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are designed for killing. Uhm...in rare cases, they might also be nice to look at.
Despite common assumption, guns are remarkably bad at cleaning your microwave. They're quite poor at substituting for vacuums and, I can assure you, have no place in the swimming pool.
Guns are made for killing. Anyone who says differently owns guns s/he fears will be taken away.

Target guns and race guns are made specifically for non combatant competitions. Assault rifles were made to wound.

Can either one kill ? Yes but it destroys your myth that every gun was designed to kill. Because it isn't so. I fear no one taking our guns , because I know it's impossible. Several states have passed laws so that guns can never be eliminated. The ones that want to eliminate guns are making it worse, and that's a fact.
But honestly I wouldn't mind a high capacity clip and assault rifle ban. But it would be totally ineffective. seriously.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/bruc...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#586193 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.stiguns.com/
Agreed.

Not all guns are made to kill Christine.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#586194 Jan 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Except that pragmatically, we can be certain of the reality of many things...
You're right about this philosophy stuff. Thanks.
You can keep saying that?

But does the study of the history of the thing proceed the certainty that the thing is real?

There is also a medical doctor who gives his objective observations of a world he went to in a near death experience.

THE THINGS OF THE "WORLD" HE "WENT TO", DID INDEED APPEAR TO HIM TO BE AS CONCRETE AS THE WALLS IN WASHINGTON SQUARE. Should that doctor pragmatically, be certain of the reality of such things?

Do you proceed to study an environment without subconsciously or otherwise accepting the reality of the environment?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
... The real world object is vivid, more detailed, can often be inspected from various angles and with different lighting, and more...
Many real world objects are scarcely vivid...

When thought begins to focus on one aspect of a thing, all perceptions of details are suspended since the focussing thought on an object essentially influences the narrowing of the field of vision...

We can all visualize the viewing of visualized objects from different angles; heck, we can visualize that we are flying around the earth...

I would love to hear what more you have to offer on the issue, because what you have said so far is false.

I am lead to assume that you dont have a brain or that you are not capable of thinking/visualizing; else you should be able to "see" what I am saying.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#586195 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
No, no, no! It's ok. Just mail some mj here, please *0*
You want Pineapple Express, right?

I'm the only dealer who has it.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#586196 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not blame me for your low IQ, you can blame your god for that.
Pulsating Universe Theory: According to this theory, the universe is supposed to be expanding and contracting alternately i.e. pulsating. At present, the universe is
Pulsating Theory
expanding. According to pulsating theory, it is possible that at a certain time, then expansion of the universe may be stopped by the gravitational pull and the may contract again. After it has been contracted to a certain size, explosion again occurs and the universe will start expanding. The alternate expansion and contraction of the universe give rise to pulsating universe.
The pulsating of the universe does not imply it had no beginning and will have no end.

You should stop "hinding behind a skirt"; but maybe you are an "in the closet" gay.

LOL! XD

Now fack off -_-

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#586197 Jan 11, 2013
This is a turd thread... YO Im outta here...

same to you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is A Race War Brewing? 15 min Clarence688 56
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Liam 560,189
I'm looking for a writer to write my true story (Nov '08) 26 min zoeybelle 211
Can REAL PEACE be REALIZED without Jesus Christ?? 40 min Clarence688 4
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 1 hr Ed Teach 97
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,366
a dramatis false eye eook ? reviewing macís fal... 1 hr mohamed sh 1
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web