Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#586106 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher, my good man, he is a poohhead. Perhaps even a poohface. You never can tell with these ones.
You have been hiding, way too much.

And where did you put my darling Clementine?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#586108 Jan 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been hiding, way too much.
And where did you put my darling Clementine?
munch, munch, munch...slurp.

What? mmfffff <wipes face of Clementine soup> Who?

Catcher, do you like soup? You just have to try this!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#586109 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
munch, munch, munch...slurp.
What? mmfffff <wipes face of Clementine soup> Who?
Catcher, do you like soup? You just have to try this!
Nosebleed time again!!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#586110 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Show me one contradiction in the Bible.
Here are two:

WHAT WERE JESUS' LAST WORDS?
[1]“When he had received the drink, Jesus said,“It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John 19:30
[2]“Jesus called out with a loud voice,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last." - Luke 23:46

WAS THE BEASTS OR MAN CREATED FIRST)
[1] "And God said,“Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds ... Then God said,“Let us make mankind..." - Genesis 1:24-26
[2]"Then the Lord God formed a man ... Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky." Genesis 2:7-19

A word of warning: apparent biblical contradictions must be rectified using the bible if you want to call your bible consistent. I can make up just-so stories to resolve any contradiction you give me. If I tell you that I will visit you Saturday night and come Sunday morning, that is a contradiction, even if it was still Saturday night on the other side of the world.

Fennario

#586111 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
What promises were made and yet are unfulfilled?
I just told you about the peace that passeth all understanding and fruits of the spirit including love, joy, peace, and forbearance. You didn't get that. You come undone pretty quickly.

Also, Jesus didn't return as soon as he promised he would - in less than a lifetime.
God Himself wrote:
What if God's perception of reality is not the same as our perception of reality?
Then he shouldn't be judging us, should he?

Fennario

#586112 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
when someone tries to do something as simple as modify the concept of "faith" there is an issue right?
GTFO!!!
Who did that, and where did I have an issue with it?

Do you mean conflating religious faith with evidence based trust?
Pat

Granby, CT

#586113 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that the fact that the universe came out of nowhere, makes the idea of a "Intelligent Agent" that made all out of nothing, plausible
<quoted text>
What?
"Pretending that the universe requires..?"
So how exactly do you know that the universe does not require a God to exist?
How many universes have you created in a lab without God?
And if you did manage to create any universes without a God; wouldnt you be the God of that universe?
<quoted text>
But to say that "something came from nothing" is not the same as saying "nothing caused something to happen"; so the idea of deity remains relevant to the discussion.
I have not demonstrated that something can come from nothing; have I? Show me how/where.
"I am saying that the fact that the universe came out of nowhere..."

That is not fact, it is an assumption. Your house of cards has collapsed.

"So how exactly do you know that the universe does not require a God to exist?"

That question is bassakwards, the real question is how do you know it does? Until you know one way or the other, then there is no REASON to beleive one way or the other. It's called KEEPING AN OPEN MIND WHEN EVIDENCE IS LACKING (what honest people do).
YTube

AOL

#586114 Jan 11, 2013

**WHITNEY HOUSTON .......raised from the dead?

Pat

Granby, CT

#586115 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
RR (and others) compare the two. How they are used is a completely different argument to the purpose for which they were manufactured.
I am saying that a gun is MANUFACTURED specifically as a weapon
A car is MANUFACTURED specifically as a mode of transport
Do you comprehend the destination? WEAPON – TRANSPORT, they are even spelled differently to make it easy – look we can all be sarcastic.
Comparing a gun to a car is like comparing a coconut to a shark. The very idea of such comparisons is illogical
Have they argued that a gun is not intended to injure or that a car is not a mode of transportation? Do you honestly beleive they do not know what the intended use of a gun or a car is? I would give them a little more credit than that.

"Comparing a gun to a car is like comparing a coconut to a shark."

Depends on the purpose of the comparison. Did what I wrote in my last post not make sense to you concerning that?

Fennario

#586116 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
science proves that there are particles which appear to pop in and out of existence without an identified cause. So scientifically, God does not necessarily require a cause.
What do you think is more likely to exist uncaused, the simplest thing imaginable, the speck that was the singularity, or the most complex thing imaginable?

My money is on the latter being your answer.
God Himself wrote:
Fack off.
BTW, you definitely didn't get the peace that passeth all understanding, nor fruits of the spirit such as forbearance. The facks say otherwise.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#586117 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not blame me for your low IQ, you can blame your god for that.
Pulsating Universe Theory: According to this theory, the universe is supposed to be expanding and contracting alternately i.e. pulsating. At present, the universe is
Pulsating Theory
expanding. According to pulsating theory, it is possible that at a certain time, then expansion of the universe may be stopped by the gravitational pull and the may contract again. After it has been contracted to a certain size, explosion again occurs and the universe will start expanding. The alternate expansion and contraction of the universe give rise to pulsating universe.
So the universe is throbbing? heheheh

Location hidden

#586118 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I though we had settled this, you never got back to me anyway so O thought you has accepted my statement but perhaps you just ignored the facts that a gun is manufactured as a weapon, a car is manufactured as a mode of transport.
Do you see the difference?
Lets hook one on the other!:)

Location hidden

#586119 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am saying that a weapon is specifically manufactured as a weapon. With the sole intention of causing injury
Unlike a car, a gun is not manufactured to transport people from point A to point B as efficiently and as comfortably as possible
Consider standing on a busy street and hailing a gun (oops taxi) or hopping in your gun to gun to the mall.
I am not saying that guns do not have a purpose but I am saying that comparing them to a car is not valid logic
Or perhaps we should go down the route of comparing coconuts to sharks, after all more people die of being brained by falling coconuts than are killed by sharks.

Cept , not all guns are for killing.
Especially my gun.

Location hidden

#586120 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that the fact that the universe came out of nowhere, makes the idea of a "Intelligent Agent" that made all out of nothing, plausible
<quoted text>
What?
"Pretending that the universe requires..?"
So how exactly do you know that the universe does not require a God to exist?
How many universes have you created in a lab without God?
And if you did manage to create any universes without a God; wouldnt you be the God of that universe?
<quoted text>
But to say that "something came from nothing" is not the same as saying "nothing caused something to happen"; so the idea of deity remains relevant to the discussion.
I have not demonstrated that something can come from nothing; have I? Show me how/where.
No but your logic is ....
Since I have no idea how that there happened.
The Tooth Faery is real!

Location hidden

#586121 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
RR (and others) compare the two. How they are used is a completely different argument to the purpose for which they were manufactured.
I am saying that a gun is MANUFACTURED specifically as a weapon
A car is MANUFACTURED specifically as a mode of transport
Do you comprehend the destination? WEAPON – TRANSPORT, they are even spelled differently to make it easy – look we can all be sarcastic.
Comparing a gun to a car is like comparing a coconut to a shark. The very idea of such comparisons is illogical
We quit arguing about guns, they turned out to be chocolate ...so we ate them. If you Brits have any guns you don't want..
you can send them here.
We will eat them too!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#586122 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Just one huh? lol
Ok, 2!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#586123 Jan 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Nosebleed time again!!!
hahaha!

You...uhm...want a tissue?

I just went out and bought a pack of cigarettes. Holy disgustingly strong! Yuk! How am I going to smoke these things? Why couldn't I wait until tomorrow to buy cigars?!?

Location hidden

#586124 Jan 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you weren't born into it. If you were born in the middle east you'd probably be jewish or muslim and defend those as well.
I wasn't defending it, you moron.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#586125 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove the non-existence of a thing.
Not that the inability to prove the non-existence of a thing means it is existent; but that which exists is among the things that one cannot prove to be non-existent.
non-existence is proven by the lack of evidence for existence.

you are a liar, why should I take your word for anything?

Location hidden

#586126 Jan 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. until science proves a strictly emergent consciousness, NDE experiences will remain a mystery ..
<quoted text>
.. mainstream science considers the conscious emergent but have not conceded a non-material cause. Heck, scientists can't even tell you, nor can they agree among themselves, what "alive" and "dead" is ..
.. will we ever prove consciousness does or doesn't disappear when the physical body dies? Using the scientific method, how can such a hypothesis even be tested ??..
.. based on the human experience, I think materialistic assumptions regarding consciousness are inherently flawed ..
Oh looky, a transcendental hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min bmz 37,357
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min mike 441,501
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min RiccardoFire 96,461
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min guest 550,996
She looks great even without any makeup !! 55 min Commander Bunny 4
Is America really THE GREAT SATAN? 1 hr Commander Bunny 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 262,096
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr BenAdam 602,855
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 11 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE