Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#586268 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have belief, not knowledge. Belief is not knowledge.
OK.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586269 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
I have knowledge.
Again, you're admitting that you have no evidence to support your assertion that I'm lying.
Fact: there is no knowledge of any gods.
Fact: a belief in god requires faith.
Fact: if there were any knowledge of god, the existence of god would be a matter of fact, not a matter of faith.

Therefore your claim that you possess knowledge of god is a lie until YOU prove otherwise no different than me claiming to have found life on Pluto is a lie unless I can prove it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586270 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is that the insurance company is justified to charge you more just as they are justified to not charge fat people more, it is their business and their assumed risk, though I agree, they should have a right to charge her more but I am willing to bet you that they have already factored into their rates for the percentage of their customers who are fat.
How do you figure? She literally goes to the hospital two times a month. She so damn fat it's destroying her knees and she has to go in for regular checkups. She's only 26, one day soon she's gonna need knee surgery, which is going to cost insurance company a ton of money.

In the past 10 years I've been in the hospital two times, once because I had a bad flu, another time to get a hearing check because I'm going deaf.

But they charge me an extra $50 a month because I smoke.

Nice.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586271 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: there is no knowledge of any gods.
Fact: a belief in god requires faith.
Fact: if there were any knowledge of god, the existence of god would be a matter of fact, not a matter of faith.
Therefore your claim that you possess knowledge of god is a lie until YOU prove otherwise no different than me claiming to have found life on Pluto is a lie unless I can prove it.
OK.

You're hard-headed.

Got it.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586272 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then in all fairness you should say that people that are willfully fat and willfully risk diabetes, or the ones that have already willfully got diabetes should pay higher insurance premiums too.
Because if I'm willing to smoke and take the risks, then I'm willing to pay a higher insurance premium. Why aren't fat people charged a higher insurance premium too? Over the course of their life, fat people go to the hospital more than smokers do.
Because fat people are already factored into the general health insurance rates. All that is relevant here is that an insurance company is justified in charging you more for smoking and that fact does not change depending on how they decide to charge or not charge fat people.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#586273 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no basis to claim anything exists outside the natural realm you foolish liar.
Save yor bait for someone who will tak it.
So you disagree Hawking and Krauss?
Pat

Granby, CT

#586274 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure? She literally goes to the hospital two times a month. She so damn fat it's destroying her knees and she has to go in for regular checkups. She's only 26, one day soon she's gonna need knee surgery, which is going to cost insurance company a ton of money.
In the past 10 years I've been in the hospital two times, once because I had a bad flu, another time to get a hearing check because I'm going deaf.
But they charge me an extra $50 a month because I smoke.
Nice.
How does a fat person being an increased insurance risk change the fact that a smoker is an increased insurance risk? Why should you get to have a say concerning insurance company rates for fat people? That's between them and the insurance company and none of your business. You have the freedom to drop your insurance, change your insurance or quit smoking. You do not have the freedom to tell a insurance company what to charge their customers.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586275 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
You're hard-headed.
Got it.
You meant level headed I'm sure. Or do you beleive me when I tell you I have found life on Pluto?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586276 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because fat people are already factored into the general health insurance rates. All that is relevant here is that an insurance company is justified in charging you more for smoking and that fact does not change depending on how they decide to charge or not charge fat people.
I don't understand why you think it's justified.

You're saying the same thing over and over but you're not explaining why it's justified that insurance companies charge smokers more and fat people less.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#586277 Jan 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
in what sense am I created in the image of Old Fireball there? We don't look alike, and we don't think alike. We don't really have much overlap in our biographies or composition. I have much more in common with any other animal than I do with Jehovah. At the cellular level and below, I'm pretty much the same as a horse: phosphlipid bilayers, mitchondria, DNA, ATP, enzymes, etc. But your god? Not so much.

So, in what meaningful sense are human beings the image of such a god?
flup wrote:
The evidence is all around you, IANS. Deuteronomy 4:24 and Hebrews 12:29.
Evidence of what? I asked you in what meaningful sense are human beings the image of your god. Instead of answering, you gave me this:

"For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God." - Deut 4:24

"For our God is a consuming fire." - Hebrews 12:29

Regarding your bible as evidence, it is not evidence of anything except that there is a Christian bible, and what it says.
flup wrote:
We are made in His IMAGE, but there is NO WAY we can even compare our physicality, intellect, and spirituality to Him. He is WAY BEYOND, WAY BEYOND anything or anyone we puny humans can dream up!!
That's what I thought. Christians say that we are "made in His IMAGE," but have no idea what that means.
flup wrote:
He CREATED US for corn's sake!! And UNTIL we humans CREATE LIFE from NON-LIFE (boy, would THAT make BIG headlines around the world!!), then Christians like myself will just happily go along with what the Good Book says.
That's terrific. You keep explaining how different this god is from the man allegedly made in its image.

Just one question, though: Again, in what meaningful sense are human beings the image of an invisible, immortal, immaterial, perfect god that is so different from us that our puny minds cannot comprehend it or its thoughts?

And is there a legitimate reason why you didn't answer this question?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586278 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a fat person being an increased insurance risk change the fact that a smoker is an increased insurance risk? Why should you get to have a say concerning insurance company rates for fat people? That's between them and the insurance company and none of your business. You have the freedom to drop your insurance, change your insurance or quit smoking. You do not have the freedom to tell a insurance company what to charge their customers.
I'm not telling insurance companies what they should do, I'm just saying that it's completely unfair and one-sided that people want to charge smokers more money for insurance because they claim it's going to be "a higher risk" or a "higher cost".

When in the long run, a fat person is much more likely to have heart disease or some kind of major medical problem is a much higher cost to the insurance companies.

That's all I'm saying.

Fennario

#586279 Jan 11, 2013
DerbyDoII wrote:
<quoted text>Society has dummied down. Years ago people knew enough not to have 4 adults smoking in a closed window car with an infant.
Maybe, but not when I was a kid.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#586280 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You meant level headed I'm sure. Or do you beleive me when I tell you I have found life on Pluto?
No I mean hardheaded.

That you claim you've found life on Pluto is completely off-topic and completely ridiculous.

God has touched me, God has spoken to me, and God has done that to billions of other people.

Fennario

#586281 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Were we to be honest as a society and look at these addictions, we'd not be able to put the blame solely on individual behavior, since man, many more factors are at work here, such as social pressure, marketing, ignorance (the expense of education), media (TV people are so healthy as they eat/smoke), poverty, capitalism, laws, political economy, etc.
I only point these out to you because you, unlike other posters, would understand, not to lay blame. You've already taken the high road here.
As an aside, I was considering buying some cigars tonight. Didn't. But, wow, given my house guests for the past few weeks, I really want one!
Nice to see you back. How have you been?

Location hidden

#586282 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have belief, not knowledge. Belief is not knowledge.
So if say Pat has belief in his knowledge, its not really knowledge because "belief is not knowledge". I see now.

Fennario

#586283 Jan 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Are you hosting mafia? Coolz. Thanks for coming back for my birthday.
Happy Birthday!
Alarice

Buffalo, NY

#586284 Jan 11, 2013
Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 1

Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 3

Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 4

Scientist's who are Skeptical of Evolution 5

“Brains”

Since: Jan 13

Nom Nom

#586285 Jan 11, 2013
Brains. Nom nom.

Location hidden

#586286 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
We certainly believe you have found life in Uranus more than once.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#586287 Jan 11, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Save yor bait for someone who will tak it.
So you disagree Hawking and Krauss?

Theoretical Physicists live in a alternate universe themselves you know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Peace_Warrior 612,620
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min USawarringIdiotSo... 177,176
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 30 min razz58 2,635
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min RiccardoFire 596,354
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 56 min RiccardoFire 40,709
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,144
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 1 hr andet1987 29
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristINSANITY is... 1,010
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Neville Thompson 272,084
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr juts fooky 444,338
More from around the web