Pat

Granby, CT

#586067 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have no knowledge of anything regarding the nature of the universe regarding science.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VX7kPOYr5L0XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The next time you mention anything about science, I will get really angry.
Do not accuse science of causing your lunacy.
Do not blame me for your low IQ, you can blame your god for that.

Pulsating Universe Theory: According to this theory, the universe is supposed to be expanding and contracting alternately i.e. pulsating. At present, the universe is
Pulsating Theory
expanding. According to pulsating theory, it is possible that at a certain time, then expansion of the universe may be stopped by the gravitational pull and the may contract again. After it has been contracted to a certain size, explosion again occurs and the universe will start expanding. The alternate expansion and contraction of the universe give rise to pulsating universe.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#586068 Jan 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Although no theory can be proved, evolutionary theory comes as close as you can. It can't be upturned without discovering something as dramatic as a Matrix reality or Last Thursdayism being the case, or uncovering a trickster god that wanted us to believe that life had evolved
God Himself wrote:
So even though the theory cannot be proven, it cannot be upturned? GTFO!!!!
No. Read it again. The theory can be upturned in any of the ways enumerated.
How about this post serving as proof that somebody is posting on Topix today using the name "It aint necessarily so"?
God Himself wrote:
I could be in a dream which entails me refuting arguments advanced by a thing that is manifested as "It aint necessarily so". Dreams can be quite vivid
OK.

See above about Matrix realities. They are always logically possible.

You seem to have a disabling definition for proof and reality, one which separates you from reality. But that is what your priests are attempting to do in the first place, isn't it?
God Himself wrote:
Questioning the the reality of the soil beneath my feet does not prevent me from walking. Questioning the reality of the soil beneath my feet helps me to understand the nature of that which is concrete. Evidence is never sufficient to prove anything; which is why faith/belief is crucial in the knowledge process. There is a point where you must decide which you find more acceptable,.
I reject religious faith.

Your "reality" is a pipe dream based on wishful thinking, indoctrination, and years of filtering your perceptions through a powerful and irrational confirmation bias.

The result is diffuse and confused thinking that wants to assign equal validity to all epistemological methods, essentially by calling them all invalid.

Rationalism and empiricism are superior to fideism as ways of knowing. Rational skepticism is superior to passive, uncritical thought.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#586069 Jan 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you hosting mafia?
Coolz.
Thanks for coming back for my birthday.
Maruko says "tanjobi omedetou gozaimasu beotch!"

Happy Birthday Tide!!!

What would you like for your birthday???

http://www.google.co.jp/imgres...

Greens - Tuf

Australia

#586070 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Were we to be honest as a society and look at these addictions, we'd not be able to put the blame solely on individual behavior, since man, many more factors are at work here, such as social pressure, marketing, ignorance (the expense of education), media (TV people are so healthy as they eat/smoke), poverty, capitalism, laws, political economy, etc.
I only point these out to you because you, unlike other posters, would understand, not to lay blame. You've already taken the high road here.
As an aside, I was considering buying some cigars tonight. Didn't. But, wow, given my house guests for the past few weeks, I really want one!
You put it out there. You envisioned the cigar relief, your guests were just your fill in (illusion) for your ultimate release, that was you're desire for "something"at the end.
A release at the end, an emotional but personal time of data collection of the human brain to comprehend what has just happened.These people seem normal, until living with them.
" Why do I feel more than ever that I am more sane than anybody else ?" , you say.
That's the illusion, we all think each other is wrong or crazy because we look or think differently. What you think,they think.
That's called One.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#586071 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Maruko says "tanjobi omedetou gozaimasu beotch!"
Happy Birthday Tide!!!
What would you like for your birthday???
I want a sexy party!

In the hot tub!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#586072 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Guns don't perform actions any more than cars do.
I though we had settled this, you never got back to me anyway so O thought you has accepted my statement but perhaps you just ignored the facts that a gun is manufactured as a weapon, a car is manufactured as a mode of transport.

Do you see the difference?
Pat

Granby, CT

#586073 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that someone would try so earnestly to believe in nothing.
You are a person of strange courage.
I hope you find peace in the nothing you believe in.
I hope your corpse meets its inevitable end as you so passionately demand; an event as meaningless as every thought that you are anything more than a corpse.
I tried to say something good, but thats what the best wishes to a facking psychopath like yourself sounds like.
It sounds like the eulogy read for a dead vampire by his... clansmen or clans-vampire... whatever the fack it is.
That's because you are a dishonest fool. Atheism for me is the lack of belief in god, it is not a belief in nothing. I could keep explaining this for you but unfortunately I can not understand it for you.

"I hope you find peace in the nothing you believe in.
I hope your corpse meets its inevitable end as you so passionately demand"

That is the main difference between an honest person like myself and a dishonest theist like you. You let all your hopes and desires get in the way and this keeps you from looking at this one particular issue, the issue of your mortality, honestly and objectivley. I am guided by reason and side with the facts, you are guided by emotion and personal desires and will side with whatever you want to side with, with no concern for the facts. I never once have said I desire death to be final and you know it. What you are doing when you make such a dishonest remark is projecting your faulty logic onto me, claiming my beliefs, like yours, are driven by my personal desires. I am guided by reason, you are not, you are guided by blind ignorant faith.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586074 Jan 11, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> "Science feels it will stop expanding and begin to contract but that is a change, not an end"
I didn't realize a feeling can be seen as science? My gut feeling tells me you are struggling in this debate, so I guess that is a scientific assumption of mine.
Science may be a puzzle to you, but I bet you have a firm grip on supernatural magic.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586075 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
But interestingly, they are perfectly justified!
They have no God, so No God is their God.
They believe in No God, so it makes perfect sense that they came from No thing, are No thing, contribute to No thing and go back to No thing.
Its like I always say: "Whether God IS or NOT, he is still real; because he controls all of reality equally, both the IS and the Not".
The Word of God is indeed true. God is indeed all powerful. Blessed be the Almighty and The Messiah?
A perfect display of big ego/small brain disease.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#586076 Jan 11, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> You put it out there. You envisioned the cigar relief, your guests were just your fill in (illusion) for your ultimate release, that was you're desire for "something"at the end.
A release at the end, an emotional but personal time of data collection of the human brain to comprehend what has just happened.These people seem normal, until living with them.
" Why do I feel more than ever that I am more sane than anybody else ?" , you say.
That's the illusion, we all think each other is wrong or crazy because we look or think differently. What you think,they think.
That's called One.
wa-hahahahahahha!!!

omg, that's f*cking great!

+1 to you sir! Great sense of humor!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#586077 Jan 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I want a sexy party!
In the hot tub!
Ok...uhm...given my location, please start the hot tub in 18 hours. And provide whiskey and cigars. Plus espresso. I'll be tired.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586078 Jan 11, 2013
hars wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Deism is the right fit for you agnostics who like rationalism and yet tend to believe in God,rather than not believe, though not the abrahamistic versions(christianity,judaism, islam) which dominate US.Deists also reject abrahamistic religions though still believe in God. So you agnostics and in betweens, and confused end out on a limb and go with the nearest big group that opposes abrahamistic religions atheism,when as agnostics you would be closer to deism, though many do not even know what deism is.
Deists are theists but rational ones.
Many rational people and scientists have chosen deism as there believe In God
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism
I am an agnostic for I feel knowledge of god is unknown and that by definition is an agnostic. I am also an atheist because I lack belief in god.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586079 Jan 11, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> The evidence is all around you, IANS. Deuteronomy 4:24 and Hebrews 12:29. We are made in His IMAGE, but there is NO WAY we can even compare our physicality, intellect, and spirituality to Him. He is WAY BEYOND, WAY BEYOND anything or anyone we puny humans can dream up!! He CREATED US for corn's sake!! And UNTIL we humans CREATE LIFE from NON-LIFE (boy, would THAT make BIG headlines around the world!!), then Christians like myself will just happily go along with what the Good Book says.
Another liar for Cheeses stands up and proves his moral inferiority. Well done.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586080 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
The value of love and kindness depends on the nature of the world.
In a Godless world as those people would have it, there is no true purpose; especially since the universe is destined to come to nothingness.
So love and kindness has no real meaning for those people; they use love and kindness in a manner that is known as "Emotivism".
So dont be offended when I speak to them harshly, they arent offended.
"So love and kindness has no real meaning for those people;"

That explains why countries with the highest proportion of atheists are among the most stable, peaceful, free, wealthy, and healthy societies. And the most religious nations-wherein worship of God is in abundance-are among the most unstable, violent, oppressive, poor, and destitute.

In America, blacks are the biggest suckers for the god garbage and guess where you find the highest levels of anti social behavior?

You are simply projecting your own amoral mindset onto the honest atheist. You dishonest fools are the dregs of society and you prove it every day.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#586081 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now your god = universe? Then I will agree with you, there is a god.
Hahahah!
If the universe is the god, we(earth) must be his azzhole!
Pat

Granby, CT

#586082 Jan 11, 2013
Islam deenul haq wrote:
I prove you there is God
First of all You search and inspect your sorroundinds
this mountains , the rain falls .sun star , planet
a man dont make this think
you think yourself
You see your body the man can,t make your body part
but God is power on every think
like seasons , day and night
In other words, your stupid = god. Well done!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#586083 Jan 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I want a sexy party!
In the hot tub!

(ignore the ugly guys)

(pay particular attention to not quite the chorus)

(speak Japanese)

Fennario

#586084 Jan 11, 2013
That was too long to listen to - 75 minutes.
God Himself wrote:
Is that sufficient to refute the claims made on the video?
No. It's sufficient to explain why I don't know what they are.
God Himself wrote:
It takes time to examine both print and imagery. Either you are interested to examine it or you are not.
I'm not really interested in Christian apologetics, but I am willing to examine any new evidence and argument, and evaluate it as impartially as I can

For me to watch a 75 minute video from a Christian resource, you'll have to present it in capsular form first and whet my appetite. I am all too familiar with the ethics and level of scholarship that goes into producing such material, and I really have no interest in it any more.

So what are the video's three best arguments? Do you know? Have you seen it yourself?

Fennario

#586085 Jan 11, 2013
Incidentally, how could science ever prove more than that the universe was designed and created? How could it prove that the god that you call "God" was the designer? That evidence is as good for the claim that Odin or Marduk is that god as it is for claim that it is Jehovah.
God Himself wrote:
That is superfluous to the discussion.
The fundamental issue is whether or not the universe was created (by an intelligent agent of sorts). The nature and identity of the agent responsible for the creation is irrelevant.
Really? It doesn't matter if the creator is Jehovah or not? I don't believe that you mean that. Aren't you a Christian?

The practical issue for me is whether to submit to any of the religions. That depends on whether their gods are real or mythical. If there is no Jehovah-Jesus, then Christianity is a fraud.

If all you are trying to show is that some unspecified intelligence may have created our universe - perhaps a race of godlike beings - I probably won't even bother disagreeing.

My practical interest in gods is limited to removing the influence of those that believe in them from the lives of unbelievers, so naturally, I am mostly interested in debunking the claims about the Abrahamic gods.

So, since you have no particular interest in any specific god, you should have no problem acknowledging that Jehovah-Jesus can't possibly exist.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#586086 Jan 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I want a sexy party!
In the hot tub!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's app 26 min crazy rob 2
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 30 min mamma-san 221,544
what's app me (+44) 07475470860 33 min crazy rob 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Estelle 568,296
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 56 min Epiphany2 607,218
The Gym, Bracknell 57 min GayberksMan 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 267,468
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Esther12 120,742
Scientific proof for God's existence 5 hr BenAdam 589
More from around the web