<quoted text>
More good ol christan values!
That didn't take long did it?!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#586042 Jan 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your god, Jehovah-Jesus? I ruled that god out logically.

From a few posts later: IANS wrote:
That god cares more about who has been putting what into whom more than just about anything else.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Is that your definition of logic? To show willful dishonesty to portray a perverted god?
Is this your idea of an argument?

I also said that your bible was, "ancient gobbledygook - the product of multiple unsophisticated and mutually contradictory writers."

Let me clarify my position for you: Your panty sniffing god doesn't exist. It is a fictional character - an amalgam of the genocidal urges and sexual tyranny of multiple brutal and primitive men.

Were you confused by a reference to a fictional character? It's done all of the time. Santa keeps a list of the naughty and nice children, and Jehovah sniffs panties. Neither assertion implies belief in the fictional character.

The dishonesty here is yours.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#586043 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
So wait a cotton pecking minute!!!!
So you are here asking what?
I am here giving scientific evidence of a a phenomena that supports the claim that things can COME OUT OF NOWHERE, as the Bible said God created all from nothing.
And you ask me how evidence of a phenomena which demonstrates that the emerging of things out of apparently nowhere is possible, is related to the claims made by Christians that the creation of something from nothing by God is scientifically valid??????????
BTW there was a point where it was believed by some researcher(s) that there are VIRTUAL PARTICLES which appear inside a vacuum and without any apparent cause.
"The more energy that is put into a vacuum, the more particles CAUSELESSLY pop out of it. "
[http://www.physicsoftheuniver se.com/topics_quantum_uncertai nty.html]
So I am not sure if it is that you have not been paying to trends in science or whether you trying to make a fool out of yourself.
Then come the "Aura Mitzba" or what ever his name is, saying that a cause has actually been identified for the "causeless" appearance of virtual particles in a vacuum.
So there was a point when SCIENCE THOUGHT PROMOTED THE IDEA OF CAUSELESS EVENTS.
Now the switch and say "OH THE EVENTS HAD A CAUSE, WE JUST DIDNT KNOW IT YET."
Just decide what is and is not so we can hurry up and show you how meaningless your ridiculous Godless world is.
If you are reading this message, you are probably the victim of software pirating. It is possible that your system may have been the victim of inept and unlicensed programmers or severely infected by malware and/or viruses which have adversely affected your "root" system, causing some or many of your systems operations not to respond or function properly.
Failure to investigate and repair these issues and/or validate that your system is proper and operating legally will cause us to "blackscreen" your OS and eventually it will become completely unusable and fail.
Please contact the proper representative or legally authorized service center to enable us to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Committee for the proper oversight of human intelligence resources, and Repair Centers of the Universe Inc..

Fennario

#586044 Jan 11, 2013
Henry wrote:
The bible is very often a fairy tale, but one have to be very critical about it.
I'm doing my part, Henry.

Fennario

#586045 Jan 11, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
Jennifer Lopez is rocking the cradle.
Was that a euphemism for jilling off, like feeling in the pink or double-clicking her mouse?
Greens - Tuf

Australia

#586046 Jan 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I stopped reading when you inferred that cat had 9 lives.
LOL. No cat around me has ever had nine lives.

Fennario

#586047 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
A non-existent cannot be rationally described nor logically represented, for the simple fact that it has no properties to describe or represent.
Except that you just rationally described the set of all non-existents.
God Himself wrote:
I face a dilemma in situation like this: I can either conclude that you are a blabbering fool who just wants to troll; or I can conclude that you are a blabbering fool who just hates God.
I feel your pain, brother.

Fennario

#586049 Jan 11, 2013
There are no perfect gods that make mistakes.
God Himself wrote:
Any idiot can understand that.
You'd be surprised.
God Himself wrote:
what's the point?
Jehovah doesn't exist.
Any claim that such a god exists is self-refuting.
God Himself wrote:
SO whats your real problem, the claims of the perfection of God's Character or the perfection of God's Potentials?
Neither.

My real problem - well, the problem for Christianity, actually - is that there are no perfect gods that make mistakes, so any claim that such a god exists is self-refuting. That rules out your god.

Why don't you work with what I wrote instead of immediately converting it to I-don't-know-what?

Fennario

#586050 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Because a God Who is perfect in power can do anything in any way to any degree; as well as He can choose to do nothing.
You don't seem to understand what perfect means. It is the attainment of the highest possible condition in a thing, below which is imperfection. Not all things qualify as perfect.

When your god screws up, that screwing up doesn't become perfection, as a Christian would typically imagine it. Instead, your god becomes imperfect. The god of the Christian bible is horribly flawed.
God Himself wrote:
A God who is of perfect character is superfluous to the discussion

Only if you are discussing generic gods, which need not be perfect. But if we are discussing Jehovah-Jesus, a flawed character pretty much rules him out. Whoever speaks for that god claims that it is perfect, which it quite clearly is not.

The bible god's character one of the things that helps identify it as mythological. It's central to any discussion of its existence.
God Himself wrote:
for character does not determine reality, POWER DOES.
This is bizarre.

Fennario

#586051 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
non smokers live longer so they will receive more benefits , therefore should pay more taxes.
Are you saying that non-smokers should pay more taxes than they do pay, or more than what smokers pay?

Keep in mind that if a nonsmoker lives five years longer than the smoker, but has fewer hospitalizations before dying, he will still cost America much less.

A Social Security check is usually between $1000 and $1500 a month. Sixty months of that would cost about $75,000. That's eaten up pretty quickly in a hospital.

I had plenty of COPD patients, for example, that went into the ICU - sometimes on mechanical ventilators - a half dozen times or more before dying. And they often had home oxygen, hospital beds, tray tables, and bedside commodes at home for years. You're looking at a half million dollars or more a throw. These were all smokers.

Do you object to people who want to smoke anteing up? If so, on what grounds?
Islam deenul haq

Akola, India

#586052 Jan 11, 2013
I prove you there is God
First of all You search and inspect your sorroundinds
this mountains , the rain falls .sun star , planet
a man dont make this think
you think yourself
You see your body the man can,t make your body part
but God is power on every think
like seasons , day and night

Fennario

#586053 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If you're gonna use health care costs as a reason, start at the top - fat. Fat people cost the health care industry a lot more than smokers do. How many fat diabetics are out there that cost us money their whole life?
Is that an argument against taxing cigarettes?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why are you advocating a sin tax, excuse me an excise tax, on fattening food? Gimme a break...
This is what we call a diversion. You apparently don't like the idea of a tax on cigarettes, so you change the subject by generalizing it and refocusing on a different element of health care costs.

Remember, our discussion was never about tax policy or even health care costs. It began with your claim that, "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of." I disagreed then, and still do now.

BTW, did you mean "aren't advocating"?

Fennario

#586055 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What I do not support is the government taking tax money from cigarettes because they say cigarettes "kill"...
Good. Me, neither. And to my knowledge, that doesn't happen.

My argument for taxing cigarettes is based on the marginal health care expenditures associated with the practice, not that they kill. It's probably more accurate to say that the tax is because cigarettes wound, not kill. Death is much less expensive.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
... but they won't put excise taxes on other things that we consume that also kill. It's completely unfair and completely dishonest.
You mean wound, right? Dying is your business. Getting sick on the public dollar is everybody's.

If that is your burden - a system which tries to identify costly life style choices and taxing proportionately where possible - go for it. Petition Congress.

But my focus was on whether "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of" or not.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#586056 Jan 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Did it walk funny?
Very.

Fennario

#586058 Jan 11, 2013
I would favor it [surcharge on cheeseburgers] if cheeseburger eating cost society money.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What?! You think people eating cheeseburgers all the time doesn't cost society money?!
What?! No,I don't!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Cholesterol kills more people than cigarettes do.
Perhaps. So what?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
My grandma never smoked a cigarette in her whole life. She was in the hospital for four months before she died. She ended up costing Medicare over $2 million. Why? Because she ate fattening foods her whole life. My grandma loved cheeseburgers, fried chicken, pizza, candy bars, soda, and so on. She loved it so much that it eventually killed her.
Sorry to hear that.

And that's a nice illustration of what I was talking about regarding end-of-life health care costs for the chronically ill. Apparently my half million dollar figure was a lowball estimate. I think Aura Mytha wanted her to pay fewer taxes for living fewer years.

Fennario

#586059 Jan 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So again, why are you out there advocating a sin tax of fattening foods?
Because I don't advocate sin taxes, for one thing. That implies punishment.

For another, I don't really have a burden for - or even much interest in - American excise tax law. You may recall that my interest was more about whether "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of."

I am more interested in this phenomenon of indiscriminate government-bashing by many American conservatives.

Fennario

#586060 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
So you are saying that you utterly fail to see the idea of making "...reference to questioning the reality of the soil beneath..." in the expression "There are ways to question the reality of the very soil that people walk on, so there is no shortage of ways to question the reality of God"?
No. You just did, though.
God Himself wrote:
Or maybe by "message sent" you mean the impression that was formed on/in your mind?
OK.
The message is that all kinds of thinking are equally valid or invalid.
God Himself wrote:
And they have good reason for saying that. The nature the human structure and his capacities of perception are such that the mind NEVER experiences the full or objective reality directly or 'intimately'.
That's an argument that we don't know everything, not that all kinds of thinking are equally valid or invalid.
God Himself wrote:
Go ask any 7th grade biology student and they will tell you that the mind interprets what the body feeds into it; the mind itself does not experience the reality directly.
Thats why philosophy is crucial!
You're preaching to the choir. But your words are still not part a cogent argument that that all kinds of thinking are equally valid or invalid.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#586061 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Because I don't advocate sin taxes, for one thing. That implies punishment.
For another, I don't really have a burden for - or even much interest in - American excise tax law. You may recall that my interest was more about whether "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of."
I am more interested in this phenomenon of indiscriminate government-bashing by many American conservatives.
Were we to be honest as a society and look at these addictions, we'd not be able to put the blame solely on individual behavior, since man, many more factors are at work here, such as social pressure, marketing, ignorance (the expense of education), media (TV people are so healthy as they eat/smoke), poverty, capitalism, laws, political economy, etc.

I only point these out to you because you, unlike other posters, would understand, not to lay blame. You've already taken the high road here.

As an aside, I was considering buying some cigars tonight. Didn't. But, wow, given my house guests for the past few weeks, I really want one!

Fennario

#586062 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
We need people who are philosophically inclined to examine " knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language" ( wikipedia.com ), to make sure people like you dont get away with the crap you cultivate in those twisted minds of yours.
Thanks for all you do.
God Himself wrote:
So if one cannot be certain of the reality of a thing, how can one proceed to conclude that the history is real?
Except that pragmatically, we can be certain of the reality of many things. Philosophical uncertainty - Cartesian doubt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_doubt - is not grounds for nihilism.

You're right about this philosophy stuff. Thanks.
God Himself wrote:
What is the difference between the image formed when you imagine and the image formed when you observe an object in the outer world? THEY ARE BOTH FORMED IN THE MIND.
The only difference is with the persistence of the images; the image that is formed from an external object tends to remain longer than the ones you imagine.
Nope.

There are many more differences besides persistence. The real world object is vivid, more detailed, can often be inspected from various angles and with different lighting, and more. I guess that you weren't aware of any of that when you wrote that, "The only difference is with the persistence of the images."
God Himself wrote:
The body can hardly distinguish between what is concrete and what is imaginary.
Ask your doctor if Abilify is right for you.
Pat

Granby, CT

#586063 Jan 11, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Diety exists outside the natural realm. If the universe or multiverse can be eternal a being can be eternal.
You have no basis to claim anything exists outside the natural realm you foolish liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min truthandcommonsense 4,063
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min marge 589,289
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Charlie Sheen 271,255
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 1 hr Philly JD 5
News Baltimore riot police stirring up the heat 1 hr emperorjohn 17
Women Drivers (Apr '08) 1 hr Okdokkee 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Mike duckit 99,726
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 176,746
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr Naveen kumar 7,154
More from around the web