Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#586168 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cept , not all guns are for killing.
Especially my gun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4kU0XCVey_UXX
If you own a gun then that gun is manufactured to kill. Whether you use it to kill is not in question, the purpose of manufacture is
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#586169 Jan 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
That's an argument that we don't know everything, not that all kinds of thinking are equally valid or invalid.
<quoted text>
When is thinking not the same as thinking?

It doesnt matter how you look at it; it is facilitated by similar mechanisms and occurs in the same reality and regards things that are of the same nature: matter and energy.

If I made up a fairy tale and you made up an accurate scientific theory; its all the same; both of them are subjective descriptions of the realities we experience through our human state.

It is the FUNCTIONAL VALUE or the OPERATIONAL VALUE of a "thinking" that is relative to the situation.

There are situations where fairy tales are more valid than scientific concepts.

There are situations where religious thought is equally as valuable as scientific thought.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#586170 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We quit arguing about guns, they turned out to be chocolate ...so we ate them. If you Brits have any guns you don't want..
you can send them here.
We will eat them too!
That does not stop RR making crazy comparisons gun/car and it therefore does not stop me showing just as crazy compassions shark/cocoanut

Whatever turns you on, personally the taste of gun oil is a bit too sickly for my liking

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#586171 Jan 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Merely pointing out her hypocrisy.
Sure! And I'm just pointing out how miserable you are.
:)
No, really! Always. It's kind of sad. If I had one wish, I'd wish that you were a nicer .... no, no, actually, I'd just wish for millions of dollars. If I had two wishes, why, I'd wish for world peac...no, no, I'd probably want a Ferrari first. Well, number three is something about children. And number four has to do with peace! Number five is probably about the environment...probably, honestly, you're down around number 553434235666, but I'm getting there!
Pat

East Granby, CT

#586172 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
A gun is manufactured for to injure a car is not. How they are used is not in question. The purpose of there manufacture is
As for giving credit, we are talking abut RR here, he is the on making the comparison, talk to him over whether he knows that a gun is a weapopn and a car is a mode of transport
Nope, it seems you are defending guns because you defend guns as a matter of course. There is no logic in that defence when comparing an apple to an orange
"How they are used is not in question. The purpose of there manufacture is"

So I'll ask you again, do you feel a gun can not serve a just and rational purpose? Is it wrong to shoot and injure a violent predator in defense of your home or family? Honestly, I still do not see your point.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#586173 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
So the universe is throbbing?
Throbbing is usually to a regular rhythm, and they don't know yet if it's slowing down. For right now it would be more accurate to say it's pulsating, which is common with other things in the universe.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#586174 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you own a gun then that gun is manufactured to kill. Whether you use it to kill is not in question, the purpose of manufacture is
Guns are designed for killing. Uhm...in rare cases, they might also be nice to look at.

Despite common assumption, guns are remarkably bad at cleaning your microwave. They're quite poor at substituting for vacuums and, I can assure you, have no place in the swimming pool.

Guns are made for killing. Anyone who says differently owns guns s/he fears will be taken away.

Location hidden

#586175 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Cept , not all guns are for killing.
Especially my gun.
To bad you can't predict the future. Nancy Lanza couldn't either. Weird. Oh well, that's what liability insurance is for.

Location hidden

#586176 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
If you Brits have any guns you don't want..
you can send them here.
Might want to do that before this summer.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#586177 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of argument it was manufactured to kill, so what exactly is your point? Is it wrong to shoot and kill a man attempting to rape your wife or one who is shooting up a school full of little children?

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#586178 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets not :)
Why not? James Bond did :)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#586179 Jan 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
That's only because you haven't had Monte Cristos. Trust me on this one.
Peer pressure!!!

I need an adult!

Location hidden

#586180 Jan 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Looks like RR has the day off.
Same lack of activity, just not getting paid for it today...

“Proud Member”

#586181 Jan 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

Not all guns are made to kill Christine. But even if they were , it wouldn't make any difference.

http://www.stiguns.com/

Location hidden

#586182 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is dishonestly clinging to death denying horse manure out of fear is more like it.
Well duh.... fear a large part of all religion.

“Proud Member”

#586183 Jan 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Throbbing is usually to a regular rhythm, and they don't know yet if it's slowing down. For right now it would be more accurate to say it's pulsating, which is common with other things in the universe.

Different universes throb differently :)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#586184 Jan 11, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That is all very interesting... really. Did you know that there are over 30 different versions of the Horus story?
wow, not like the jesus story, with 38000 versions.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#586185 Jan 11, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
When is thinking not the same as thinking?
It doesnt matter how you look at it; it is facilitated by similar mechanisms and occurs in the same reality and regards things that are of the same nature: matter and energy.
If I made up a fairy tale and you made up an accurate scientific theory; its all the same; both of them are subjective descriptions of the realities we experience through our human state.
It is the FUNCTIONAL VALUE or the OPERATIONAL VALUE of a "thinking" that is relative to the situation.
There are situations where fairy tales are more valid than scientific concepts.
There are situations where religious thought is equally as valuable as scientific thought.
"If I made up a fairy tale and you made up an accurate scientific theory; its all the same;both of them are subjective descriptions of the realities we experience through our human state."

Other than both originating from the human mind they are not alike.

"There are situations where religious thought is equally as valuable as scientific thought."

There are ZERO situations where blind unsupported beliefs are equally valuable to logic and reason. There are ZERO situations where dishonesty is equally as valuable as honesty - TO AN ETHICAL PERSON. However, dishonesty and superstition are quite valuable to a person who does not want to face their own mortality honestly e.g. a theist.

Location hidden

#586186 Jan 11, 2013
Pat wrote:
Is it wrong to shoot and kill a man attempting to rape your wife
LOL.... yeah shoot at your wife as she is being raped, probably just an excuse to shoot your wife....
one who is shooting up a school full of little children?
That's just an excuse to remove all guns from the picture.

Location hidden

#586187 Jan 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all guns are made to kill Christine. But even if they were , it wouldn't make any difference.
That's right, because the liability insurance will factor all of that in. Insurance companies are really good at that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Thinking 70,467
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 45,599
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Gods r Delusions ... 658,508
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 16 min andet1987 3,016
Who won the debate 2016 ? 19 min andet1987 4
snapchat name 1 hr Nikki69xo 9
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Brian_G 282,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 3 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web