Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a package of neo-citron in a 8oz glass of 50% whiskey and hot water, drink it and go to bed, lots of blankets.
the cold will be over,(if you live)
Sounds like Chemotherapy for colds. The garlic (or white wine) accomplishes the same thing, only much safer.
Forum carlsbad nm

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
video games do not kill
guns do
Video games are fun.
Tranny Town Clown

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Does pot tell you that kettles speak?
24-7. Stealin' and lyin' fer Jeebus! Let's show our love fee some god by shootin' some shit. Whoop!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot tells you that you have the munchies.
Tranny Town Clown

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a motorcycle crash once. The helmet (full faced) saved my lower jaw from being crushed in.
I do not think it should be a law to wear a helmet, but I'll always wear one.
Helmet on a motorcycle is practical atheism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
karl44 wrote:
hold the gun owner criminally responsible for the actions of his guns.
<quoted text>
Guns don't perform actions any more than cars do.
And cars have insurance. Thank you for proving our point.
Tranny Town Clown

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still more bumper sticker nonsense. What an idiot. Abortions don't kill babies. Whoop! Bibles don't kill brain cells. Whoop!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

You have a nasty habit of talking gibberish when you have nothing to resist or retort with.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
... It is not contradictory, it is stating the human limitation to detect light using the instruments we were born with.
I guess its not contradictory. I see that now.

But if the limits you were born with prevent you from detecting light; how do you know that the light existed?

Was the existence of the light not made through logic and reasoning?

Were logic and reasoning not the influences that guided to creation of any tools to test or measure that light which is undetectable by the human senses?

And since we create devices from our knowledge; will the devices not reflect our limits and the limits of our knowledge?

Whether your statement was contradictory or not does not affect the validity of my claim that all you know is the processes that are occurring inside your body.

Your claim to know of an objective reality (especially "beyond human ability") is quite... naive and absurd.
Aura Mytha wrote:
It does not imply any human limitations to detect invisible light using the tools invented to do so.
That limitation is automatically implied.

We are creatures of limited potentials and limited knowledge; who use that limited potential and knowledge to create things that are limited in their potentials.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Which btw becomes the human limitation or rather the expanded ability of detection.
There that gibberish thing goes again.

As soon as you figure out what you mean by that; let me know so I can figure it out too.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot doesn't make kettles speak. Pot can no more make a person high than guns can kill. Only people can make people high. Idiot.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Pot tells you that you have the munchies.
Pot can't cause the munches. Only people can cause the munches.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a motorcycle crash once. The helmet (full faced) saved my lower jaw from being crushed in.
I do not think it should be a law to wear a helmet, but I'll always wear one.
Oh, please run into a wall. We can then unequivocally answer the age-old question: Can a helmet protect a single brain cell?
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
You have a nasty habit of talking gibberish when you have nothing to resist or retort with.
<quoted text>
I guess its not contradictory. I see that now.
But if the limits you were born with prevent you from detecting light; how do you know that the light existed?
Was the existence of the light not made through logic and reasoning?
Were logic and reasoning not the influences that guided to creation of any tools to test or measure that light which is undetectable by the human senses?
And since we create devices from our knowledge; will the devices not reflect our limits and the limits of our knowledge?
Whether your statement was contradictory or not does not affect the validity of my claim that all you know is the processes that are occurring inside your body.
Your claim to know of an objective reality (especially "beyond human ability") is quite... naive and absurd.
<quoted text>
That limitation is automatically implied.
We are creatures of limited potentials and limited knowledge; who use that limited potential and knowledge to create things that are limited in their potentials.
<quoted text>
There that gibberish thing goes again.
As soon as you figure out what you mean by that; let me know so I can figure it out too.
Haha. You accused another of gibberish. Doh! Silly theist, you've done it again.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Video games are fun.
Video games can't be fun. Only people can be fun.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
And cars have insurance. Thank you for proving our point.
Cars can't have insurance. Only people can have insurance.

The sun can't "rise" in the morning, only people can "rise" in the morning.

Yeast can't make dough rise. Only people can make dough rise.

Germs can't cause disease. Only people can cause disease.

Flus can't make you sneeze. Only people can make you sneeze.

'Pug Tea Logic, 101. Whoop!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Pot can't cause the munches. Only people can cause the munches.
Lol..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
And ownership or insurance will protect everyone. I don't see any problem here. It's called liability insurance for a reason.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It proves that a thing may exist even though you are not able to detect it.
As a matter of fact, reality is defined with such a concept in mind:
"In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, WHETHER OR NOT IT IS OBSERVABLE OR COMPREHENSIBLE." [wikipedia.com]
So unless you decide that whatever you cant see or feel or taste doesnt exist; you cannot say that God doesnt exist based on the fact that you have no evidence of His existence.
THE UNIVERSE MAY BE FULL OF THINGS THAT EXIST, FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE (or maybe you can prove to me that you know everything and have proof of everything).
So the stance of no acceptance of existence without evidence is quite weak; logical but weak.
You can negate and refute till you are blue in the face; but since you are not that which created this reality, you cannot tell what doesnt exist in it.
All you can do is speculate like myself here.
But I will speculate about the positive aspects of things; I will speculate that God exists as opposed to speculating that He doesnt. You know why? BECAUSE WE LIVE IN A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES; SUCH THAT EVEN THAT WHICH IS NOT, CAN BE CAUSED TO BECOME.
So anything could have happened; even God.
<quoted text>
That is superfluous to the discussion.
The tool will reflect its own responses to the reality and will not give a measurement of the reality itself; regardless of what came first- the chicken or the egg, the tool or the claim.
Furthermore, if the tool was invented before claims were made; then the inventors of the tools had no idea what they were making.
<quoted text>
I never claimed that God cannot be detected; I said the inability to detect a thing does not mean that thing does not exist.
Otherwise there is value in what you said in this last bit here.
But if a scientists can conclude that evolution is a fact/reality when evidence ONLY SUPPORTS it; I dont see why I cant claim that God is real and existent when I have evidence to support it.
You dont agree that my evidence of God is valid; but I dont agree that common genes are proof of common ancestry either.*shrug*
Then you agree, being open to the possibility of a god is reasonable but believing there is a god at this point in time since there is no evidence is both premature and irrational.

"So unless you decide that whatever you cant see or feel or taste doesnt exist; you cannot say that God doesnt exist based on the fact that you have no evidence of His existence."

Why do you argue against a position I do not hold? Are you confused? I have never claimed there is no god. All I say is that your claim that there is is without merit and unproven.

"So the stance of no acceptance of existence without evidence is quite weak; logical but weak."

True, it is and it is equally as weak as acceptance with no evidence you foolish hypocrite. You just gave a good argument against a belief in god and you didn't even realize it. LOL

"So anything could have happened; even God."

That may be true but you do not know it to be true so again you are guilty of a flasehood.

"The tool will reflect its own responses to the reality and will not give a measurement of the reality itself; regardless of what came first- the chicken or the egg, the tool or the claim."

The tool arouse OUT OF A NEED FOR IT. Ever hear the saying "Necessity is the mother of invention"?

"But if a scientists can conclude that evolution is a fact/reality when evidence ONLY SUPPORTS it; I dont see why I cant claim that God is real and existent when I have evidence to support it."

Because evolution has evidence. It's why we need a different flue shot each year, it's why we have drug resistant strains of TB, it's why the animals in the Galapagos Islands are unique to the islands... Your god has squat for proof. You can claim all you want you have evidence but you don't, this is just your dishonest specious reasoning rearing its ugly head aghain.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What claim are you talking about? That there is no evidence for god or aliens on Pluto?
The evidence for that claim is the fact that nobody has offered any evidence to support a claim of aliens on Pluto or god. Where is YOUR evidence for god?
So let me get this straight; YOU EVIDENCE IS NO EVIDENCE?

Are you using the lack of evidence as evidence in and of itself?

The polite way to refute that claim would be to say "that is the fallacy of argumentum ignorantiam; i.e. arguing from ignorance. You cant say that a thing does not exist because there is no evidence for it."

But I'm not going to go the polite way because I know you know better; YOU ARE A SMART GIRL.

I'm just going to call you a "POOPY HEAD".
Pat wrote:
...The fact that something can not be proven not to exist is not a rational basis to claim it does exist for then you are open to believe in everything imaginable. I could dream up an endless number of imaginary creatures for you, creatures that you could never prove do not exist so to use that as a basis for your belief is insane, literally. I also do not claim your god does not exist, I simply claim that you have no proof to back up your claim he does. Either prove your claim or accept the fact that you are a lair.
For your information, there was a time when nothing existed; and look what we have here today.

Where were trees and rocks and brains and minds and imaginations before the universe was formed?

They never existed.

So to believe in the possibility of the existence of whatever I imagine does not constitute insanity.

The belief that any thing is possible reflects a mind that is in harmony with the nature of a reality; a reality where things came into existence after just a Big-Bang.
Pat wrote:
Not at all, Koestler's remarks are factual and that is why I posted it for like I said atheists and thests will agree 99.999 percent of the time on what is rational to beleive in and that most theits will reject unsupported beleifs like any rational atheist does EXCEPT when it comes to their CHERISHED DEATH DENIAL BELIEFS.
You obviously have an obsession with death that only God can help you with.
Pat wrote:
You are death deniers, it is as simple as that. Your fear or unwillingness to face your own mortality honestly is what drives your faith.
We are DEATH DEFIERS, its as simple as that. We rebel against death and decay with an ever renewed/increasing will to live.

We look for possibilities of survival even in places where titanium would disintegrate.

My faith supports my will to live, but I wouldnt say that it drives it.

Have you read the Bible?

Jesu(s) said "greater love has no man than this: that he should give his life for a brother/friend".

Those are hardly the words of someone who fears death or encourages the fear of death.

Your obsession with death is however demonstrative of sever depression.

I hope you dont kill yourself before I get to... date you ;)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

flup wrote:
Sorry. What I meant was that He will show His justice and love for the humans who are righteous (whose names are written in the Book of Life).
Your god apparently defines "righteous" as worshiping him based on insufficient evidence, and despite reason.
flup wrote:
He will NOT reveal Himself as regards His face, though, unless you wanna be zapped to smithereens and end up as a pile of ash (LOL!!). John 1:18.
He sounds like a suicide bomber. Or maybe you mean that he literally flaming?

And why would that be bad? My body would be turned to ash and my soul released to your god.

One more thing: in what sense am I created in the image of Old Fireball there? We don't look alike, and we don't think alike. We don't really have much overlap in our biographies or composition. I have much more in common with any other animal than I do with Jehovah. At the cellular level and below, I'm pretty much the same as a horse: phosphlipid bilayers, mitchondria, DNA, ATP, enzymes, etc.

But your god? Not so much.

So, in what meaningful sense are human beings the image of such a god?
Henry

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It proves that a thing may exist even though you are not able to detect it.
As a matter of fact, reality is defined with such a concept in mind:
"In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, WHETHER OR NOT IT IS OBSERVABLE OR COMPREHENSIBLE." [wikipedia.com]
So unless you decide that whatever you cant see or feel or taste doesnt exist; you cannot say that God doesnt exist based on the fact that you have no evidence of His existence.
THE UNIVERSE MAY BE FULL OF THINGS THAT EXIST, FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE (or maybe you can prove to me that you know everything and have proof of everything).
So the stance of no acceptance of existence without evidence is quite weak; logical but weak.
You can negate and refute till you are blue in the face; but since you are not that which created this reality, you cannot tell what doesnt exist in it.
All you can do is speculate like myself here.
But I will speculate about the positive aspects of things; I will speculate that God exists as opposed to speculating that He doesnt. You know why? BECAUSE WE LIVE IN A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES; SUCH THAT EVEN THAT WHICH IS NOT, CAN BE CAUSED TO BECOME.
So anything could have happened; even God.
<quoted text>
That is superfluous to the discussion.
The tool will reflect its own responses to the reality and will not give a measurement of the reality itself; regardless of what came first- the chicken or the egg, the tool or the claim.
Furthermore, if the tool was invented before claims were made; then the inventors of the tools had no idea what they were making.
<quoted text>
I never claimed that God cannot be detected; I said the inability to detect a thing does not mean that thing does not exist.
Otherwise there is value in what you said in this last bit here.
But if a scientists can conclude that evolution is a fact/reality when evidence ONLY SUPPORTS it; I dont see why I cant claim that God is real and existent when I have evidence to support it.
You dont agree that my evidence of God is valid; but I dont agree that common genes are proof of common ancestry either.*shrug*
God never existed! It can not exist and it is just a myth nothing else!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 537,376
Is HELL a R-E-A-L place???? 11 min yon 21
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min lisw 173,005
a company in coppell texas, called sanijet caus... (Mar '07) 14 min Love my sanijet 20
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 27 min yon 2,231
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min CunningLinguist 225,723
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 38 min seriously the ori... 5,350
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 259,387
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Epiphany2 599,586
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••