Comments
556,041 - 556,060 of 732,979 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585707 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Says the kettle to the pot.
Does pot tell you that kettles speak?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585708 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Mankind is rather egotistic and has demonstrated the will to corrupt even the best knowledge to suit his selfish ends and agendas.
I don't see evidence of that except from religions like yours. Your church has been waging a war against science since it first met it, and a war against reason in general since its inception.
God Himself wrote:
When discussing "proof of God" it is important to note that existence of God in Himself is independent of the validity of biblical claims about God and biblical portrayals of God.
You're wrong about that. Your bible is the only possible source of evidence that if a creator god exists, it's Jehovah.

But more importantly, your god is said to be the author of the bible, making it an autobiography of sorts. It describes a perfect god that knows all, can do all, and that loves us perfectly.

Sorry. No such god exists. No god that writes about itself being perfect, and then proceeds to write a bible full of self-contradiction, failed prophecy, unfulfilled promises, and errors of scientific and historical fact could exist.
God Himself wrote:
God is what He/It is regardless of how He/It is portrayed.
If there is a god, it's not the Christian god, so I won't worship at that altar.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585709 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
drivers wearing seat belts pose an extra risk to others on the road
Just curious, how does someone in another car wearing a seatbelt make that unsafe for others?

Location hidden

#585710 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:

hold the gun owner criminally responsible for the actions of his guns.
Mylan wrote:
Exactly. Enter gun insurance. It's the perfect solution.
Guns don't perform actions any more than cars do.

Location hidden

#585711 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
motorcyclists do not need a seat-belt, they will be killed by the helmet the law requires.
I was in a motorcycle crash once. The helmet (full faced) saved my lower jaw from being crushed in.

I do not think it should be a law to wear a helmet, but I'll always wear one.

Location hidden

#585712 Jan 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. mainstream science considers the conscious emergent but have not conceded a non-material cause. Heck, scientists can't even tell you, nor can they agree among themselves, what "alive" and "dead" is
Scientists have proven that when people claim to die and go to heaven and "experience" heaven is not real. I will look for the articles and post them for you. This has been done in a lab.

Location hidden

#585713 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a package of neo-citron in a 8oz glass of 50% whiskey and hot water, drink it and go to bed, lots of blankets.
the cold will be over,(if you live)
Sounds like Chemotherapy for colds. The garlic (or white wine) accomplishes the same thing, only much safer.
Forum carlsbad nm

Lovington, NM

#585714 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
video games do not kill
guns do
Video games are fun.
Tranny Town Clown

North Richland Hills, TX

#585715 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
24-7. Stealin' and lyin' fer Jeebus! Let's show our love fee some god by shootin' some shit. Whoop!

Location hidden

#585716 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot tells you that you have the munchies.
Tranny Town Clown

North Richland Hills, TX

#585717 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a motorcycle crash once. The helmet (full faced) saved my lower jaw from being crushed in.
Helmet on a motorcycle is practical atheism.

Location hidden

#585718 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
And cars have insurance. Thank you for proving our point.
Tranny Town Clown

North Richland Hills, TX

#585719 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still more bumper sticker nonsense. What an idiot. Abortions don't kill babies. Whoop! Bibles don't kill brain cells. Whoop!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585720 Jan 10, 2013
You have a nasty habit of talking gibberish when you have nothing to resist or retort with.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
... It is not contradictory, it is stating the human limitation to detect light using the instruments we were born with.
I guess its not contradictory. I see that now.

But if the limits you were born with prevent you from detecting light; how do you know that the light existed?

Was the existence of the light not made through logic and reasoning?

Were logic and reasoning not the influences that guided to creation of any tools to test or measure that light which is undetectable by the human senses?

And since we create devices from our knowledge; will the devices not reflect our limits and the limits of our knowledge?

Whether your statement was contradictory or not does not affect the validity of my claim that all you know is the processes that are occurring inside your body.

Your claim to know of an objective reality (especially "beyond human ability") is quite... naive and absurd.
Aura Mytha wrote:
It does not imply any human limitations to detect invisible light using the tools invented to do so.
That limitation is automatically implied.

We are creatures of limited potentials and limited knowledge; who use that limited potential and knowledge to create things that are limited in their potentials.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Which btw becomes the human limitation or rather the expanded ability of detection.
There that gibberish thing goes again.

As soon as you figure out what you mean by that; let me know so I can figure it out too.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585721 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot doesn't make kettles speak. Pot can no more make a person high than guns can kill. Only people can make people high. Idiot.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585722 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Pot tells you that you have the munchies.
Pot can't cause the munches. Only people can cause the munches.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585723 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please run into a wall. We can then unequivocally answer the age-old question: Can a helmet protect a single brain cell?
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585724 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
You have a nasty habit of talking gibberish when you have nothing to resist or retort with.
<quoted text>
I guess its not contradictory. I see that now.
But if the limits you were born with prevent you from detecting light; how do you know that the light existed?
Was the existence of the light not made through logic and reasoning?
Were logic and reasoning not the influences that guided to creation of any tools to test or measure that light which is undetectable by the human senses?
And since we create devices from our knowledge; will the devices not reflect our limits and the limits of our knowledge?
Whether your statement was contradictory or not does not affect the validity of my claim that all you know is the processes that are occurring inside your body.
Your claim to know of an objective reality (especially "beyond human ability") is quite... naive and absurd.
<quoted text>
That limitation is automatically implied.
We are creatures of limited potentials and limited knowledge; who use that limited potential and knowledge to create things that are limited in their potentials.
<quoted text>
There that gibberish thing goes again.
As soon as you figure out what you mean by that; let me know so I can figure it out too.
Haha. You accused another of gibberish. Doh! Silly theist, you've done it again.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585725 Jan 10, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Video games are fun.
Video games can't be fun. Only people can be fun.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585726 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
And cars have insurance. Thank you for proving our point.
Cars can't have insurance. Only people can have insurance.

The sun can't "rise" in the morning, only people can "rise" in the morning.

Yeast can't make dough rise. Only people can make dough rise.

Germs can't cause disease. Only people can cause disease.

Flus can't make you sneeze. Only people can make you sneeze.

'Pug Tea Logic, 101. Whoop!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min Hannah V 4,332
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min tamilselvan 5,316
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 9 min repeat offender 4,148
Obama FINALLY Talks About The Beheading 12 min Anon 5
Last Word + 2 27 min Hannah V 505
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Peace_Warrior 599,908
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min guest 538,950
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 54 min Patrick 226,341
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••