Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585723 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a motorcycle crash once. The helmet (full faced) saved my lower jaw from being crushed in.
I do not think it should be a law to wear a helmet, but I'll always wear one.
Oh, please run into a wall. We can then unequivocally answer the age-old question: Can a helmet protect a single brain cell?
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585724 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
You have a nasty habit of talking gibberish when you have nothing to resist or retort with.
<quoted text>
I guess its not contradictory. I see that now.
But if the limits you were born with prevent you from detecting light; how do you know that the light existed?
Was the existence of the light not made through logic and reasoning?
Were logic and reasoning not the influences that guided to creation of any tools to test or measure that light which is undetectable by the human senses?
And since we create devices from our knowledge; will the devices not reflect our limits and the limits of our knowledge?
Whether your statement was contradictory or not does not affect the validity of my claim that all you know is the processes that are occurring inside your body.
Your claim to know of an objective reality (especially "beyond human ability") is quite... naive and absurd.
<quoted text>
That limitation is automatically implied.
We are creatures of limited potentials and limited knowledge; who use that limited potential and knowledge to create things that are limited in their potentials.
<quoted text>
There that gibberish thing goes again.
As soon as you figure out what you mean by that; let me know so I can figure it out too.
Haha. You accused another of gibberish. Doh! Silly theist, you've done it again.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585725 Jan 10, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Video games are fun.
Video games can't be fun. Only people can be fun.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#585726 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
And cars have insurance. Thank you for proving our point.
Cars can't have insurance. Only people can have insurance.

The sun can't "rise" in the morning, only people can "rise" in the morning.

Yeast can't make dough rise. Only people can make dough rise.

Germs can't cause disease. Only people can cause disease.

Flus can't make you sneeze. Only people can make you sneeze.

'Pug Tea Logic, 101. Whoop!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585727 Jan 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Pot can't cause the munches. Only people can cause the munches.
Lol..

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585728 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
karl44 wrote:
hold the gun owner criminally responsible for the actions of his guns.
<quoted text>
Guns don't perform actions any more than cars do.
And ownership or insurance will protect everyone. I don't see any problem here. It's called liability insurance for a reason.
Pat

Granby, CT

#585729 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It proves that a thing may exist even though you are not able to detect it.
As a matter of fact, reality is defined with such a concept in mind:
"In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, WHETHER OR NOT IT IS OBSERVABLE OR COMPREHENSIBLE." [wikipedia.com]
So unless you decide that whatever you cant see or feel or taste doesnt exist; you cannot say that God doesnt exist based on the fact that you have no evidence of His existence.
THE UNIVERSE MAY BE FULL OF THINGS THAT EXIST, FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE (or maybe you can prove to me that you know everything and have proof of everything).
So the stance of no acceptance of existence without evidence is quite weak; logical but weak.
You can negate and refute till you are blue in the face; but since you are not that which created this reality, you cannot tell what doesnt exist in it.
All you can do is speculate like myself here.
But I will speculate about the positive aspects of things; I will speculate that God exists as opposed to speculating that He doesnt. You know why? BECAUSE WE LIVE IN A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES; SUCH THAT EVEN THAT WHICH IS NOT, CAN BE CAUSED TO BECOME.
So anything could have happened; even God.
<quoted text>
That is superfluous to the discussion.
The tool will reflect its own responses to the reality and will not give a measurement of the reality itself; regardless of what came first- the chicken or the egg, the tool or the claim.
Furthermore, if the tool was invented before claims were made; then the inventors of the tools had no idea what they were making.
<quoted text>
I never claimed that God cannot be detected; I said the inability to detect a thing does not mean that thing does not exist.
Otherwise there is value in what you said in this last bit here.
But if a scientists can conclude that evolution is a fact/reality when evidence ONLY SUPPORTS it; I dont see why I cant claim that God is real and existent when I have evidence to support it.
You dont agree that my evidence of God is valid; but I dont agree that common genes are proof of common ancestry either.*shrug*
Then you agree, being open to the possibility of a god is reasonable but believing there is a god at this point in time since there is no evidence is both premature and irrational.

"So unless you decide that whatever you cant see or feel or taste doesnt exist; you cannot say that God doesnt exist based on the fact that you have no evidence of His existence."

Why do you argue against a position I do not hold? Are you confused? I have never claimed there is no god. All I say is that your claim that there is is without merit and unproven.

"So the stance of no acceptance of existence without evidence is quite weak; logical but weak."

True, it is and it is equally as weak as acceptance with no evidence you foolish hypocrite. You just gave a good argument against a belief in god and you didn't even realize it. LOL

"So anything could have happened; even God."

That may be true but you do not know it to be true so again you are guilty of a flasehood.

"The tool will reflect its own responses to the reality and will not give a measurement of the reality itself; regardless of what came first- the chicken or the egg, the tool or the claim."

The tool arouse OUT OF A NEED FOR IT. Ever hear the saying "Necessity is the mother of invention"?

"But if a scientists can conclude that evolution is a fact/reality when evidence ONLY SUPPORTS it; I dont see why I cant claim that God is real and existent when I have evidence to support it."

Because evolution has evidence. It's why we need a different flue shot each year, it's why we have drug resistant strains of TB, it's why the animals in the Galapagos Islands are unique to the islands... Your god has squat for proof. You can claim all you want you have evidence but you don't, this is just your dishonest specious reasoning rearing its ugly head aghain.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585730 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What claim are you talking about? That there is no evidence for god or aliens on Pluto?
The evidence for that claim is the fact that nobody has offered any evidence to support a claim of aliens on Pluto or god. Where is YOUR evidence for god?
So let me get this straight; YOU EVIDENCE IS NO EVIDENCE?

Are you using the lack of evidence as evidence in and of itself?

The polite way to refute that claim would be to say "that is the fallacy of argumentum ignorantiam; i.e. arguing from ignorance. You cant say that a thing does not exist because there is no evidence for it."

But I'm not going to go the polite way because I know you know better; YOU ARE A SMART GIRL.

I'm just going to call you a "POOPY HEAD".
Pat wrote:
...The fact that something can not be proven not to exist is not a rational basis to claim it does exist for then you are open to believe in everything imaginable. I could dream up an endless number of imaginary creatures for you, creatures that you could never prove do not exist so to use that as a basis for your belief is insane, literally. I also do not claim your god does not exist, I simply claim that you have no proof to back up your claim he does. Either prove your claim or accept the fact that you are a lair.
For your information, there was a time when nothing existed; and look what we have here today.

Where were trees and rocks and brains and minds and imaginations before the universe was formed?

They never existed.

So to believe in the possibility of the existence of whatever I imagine does not constitute insanity.

The belief that any thing is possible reflects a mind that is in harmony with the nature of a reality; a reality where things came into existence after just a Big-Bang.
Pat wrote:
Not at all, Koestler's remarks are factual and that is why I posted it for like I said atheists and thests will agree 99.999 percent of the time on what is rational to beleive in and that most theits will reject unsupported beleifs like any rational atheist does EXCEPT when it comes to their CHERISHED DEATH DENIAL BELIEFS.
You obviously have an obsession with death that only God can help you with.
Pat wrote:
You are death deniers, it is as simple as that. Your fear or unwillingness to face your own mortality honestly is what drives your faith.
We are DEATH DEFIERS, its as simple as that. We rebel against death and decay with an ever renewed/increasing will to live.

We look for possibilities of survival even in places where titanium would disintegrate.

My faith supports my will to live, but I wouldnt say that it drives it.

Have you read the Bible?

Jesu(s) said "greater love has no man than this: that he should give his life for a brother/friend".

Those are hardly the words of someone who fears death or encourages the fear of death.

Your obsession with death is however demonstrative of sever depression.

I hope you dont kill yourself before I get to... date you ;)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585731 Jan 10, 2013
flup wrote:
Sorry. What I meant was that He will show His justice and love for the humans who are righteous (whose names are written in the Book of Life).
Your god apparently defines "righteous" as worshiping him based on insufficient evidence, and despite reason.
flup wrote:
He will NOT reveal Himself as regards His face, though, unless you wanna be zapped to smithereens and end up as a pile of ash (LOL!!). John 1:18.
He sounds like a suicide bomber. Or maybe you mean that he literally flaming?

And why would that be bad? My body would be turned to ash and my soul released to your god.

One more thing: in what sense am I created in the image of Old Fireball there? We don't look alike, and we don't think alike. We don't really have much overlap in our biographies or composition. I have much more in common with any other animal than I do with Jehovah. At the cellular level and below, I'm pretty much the same as a horse: phosphlipid bilayers, mitchondria, DNA, ATP, enzymes, etc.

But your god? Not so much.

So, in what meaningful sense are human beings the image of such a god?
Henry

Germany

#585732 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It proves that a thing may exist even though you are not able to detect it.
As a matter of fact, reality is defined with such a concept in mind:
"In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, WHETHER OR NOT IT IS OBSERVABLE OR COMPREHENSIBLE." [wikipedia.com]
So unless you decide that whatever you cant see or feel or taste doesnt exist; you cannot say that God doesnt exist based on the fact that you have no evidence of His existence.
THE UNIVERSE MAY BE FULL OF THINGS THAT EXIST, FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE (or maybe you can prove to me that you know everything and have proof of everything).
So the stance of no acceptance of existence without evidence is quite weak; logical but weak.
You can negate and refute till you are blue in the face; but since you are not that which created this reality, you cannot tell what doesnt exist in it.
All you can do is speculate like myself here.
But I will speculate about the positive aspects of things; I will speculate that God exists as opposed to speculating that He doesnt. You know why? BECAUSE WE LIVE IN A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES; SUCH THAT EVEN THAT WHICH IS NOT, CAN BE CAUSED TO BECOME.
So anything could have happened; even God.
<quoted text>
That is superfluous to the discussion.
The tool will reflect its own responses to the reality and will not give a measurement of the reality itself; regardless of what came first- the chicken or the egg, the tool or the claim.
Furthermore, if the tool was invented before claims were made; then the inventors of the tools had no idea what they were making.
<quoted text>
I never claimed that God cannot be detected; I said the inability to detect a thing does not mean that thing does not exist.
Otherwise there is value in what you said in this last bit here.
But if a scientists can conclude that evolution is a fact/reality when evidence ONLY SUPPORTS it; I dont see why I cant claim that God is real and existent when I have evidence to support it.
You dont agree that my evidence of God is valid; but I dont agree that common genes are proof of common ancestry either.*shrug*
God never existed! It can not exist and it is just a myth nothing else!
Pat

Granby, CT

#585733 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
If a microscope was made to see very small things no unsupported claims were made prior to it's creation.

If a plane was invented out of man's DESIRE to fly, no unsupported claims were made prior ito its creation.

You clearly live in the Twilight Zone and have a seriously malfunctioning brain.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585734 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where is the evidence to support your claim?"
The evidence is that no person has offered any evidence for god or life on Pluto but please feel free to prove me wrong.
"Ok, you are so much against the spiritual and the hocus pocu, then you say something like "They consist of a kind of MAGIC aura"?
If you are going to use the word "Magic" why do you have a problem with God and leprechauns and aliens on Pluto?"
Try reading the quote again:The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler
Are you being disengenous or are you really too stupid to understand him?
"Either you are suffering PMS issues or you just hate God too much to think rationally about Him."
The one full of hate is you, you absolutely hate facing your own mortality honestly like an adult. You never grew up and stopped playing make beleive. Hating god would be like hating mother goose. PMS? Offer your proof I have a vagina then you assuming idiot.
Garbage.

Even if I desire to die, that would not take away my positiveness towards God.

As a matter of fact, I never worry about life after death; I only ask that when its time to die, God allows me to die in peace.

IT IS NOT DEATH THAT I FEAR IT IS SUFFERING THAT I HATE.

You think your little psychology class has prepared you to just refute and debunk the claims of the value of a belief in God to the human mind; but you are wrong.

But if you want to go all psychology I can do it too.

Science suggests that one day all the universe will dissolve into nothingness; it will literally grind to a halt.

So what does that make our efforts to advance scientifically, technologically and all those other -allys?

All our human pursuits are nothing more that a futile attempt to escape the inevitable demise that awaits all; regardless of its potential or status or value.

If I am only denying death; you are only trying to suppress the anxiety induced in your mind by contemplating the meaninglessness of your existence and all your pursuits and efforts, even on Topix.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585735 Jan 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. until science proves a strictly emergent consciousness, NDE experiences will remain a mystery ..
<quoted text>
.. mainstream science considers the conscious emergent but have not conceded a non-material cause. Heck, scientists can't even tell you, nor can they agree among themselves, what "alive" and "dead" is ..
.. will we ever prove consciousness does or doesn't disappear when the physical body dies? Using the scientific method, how can such a hypothesis even be tested ??..
.. based on the human experience, I think materialistic assumptions regarding consciousness are inherently flawed ..
If it or any effects is noted, it will likely be a atomic or subatomic altered state(superconductive alignment) which is invisible for all intent(or in a different plane)-that probably being dependant upon temp or density of the transient medium. IMO,,,but who am I?

Fennario

#585736 Jan 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> What's funny is the people I went to school with that were basically "shadow people" back then suddenly try to act like they are *friends* now. I don't understand where they get the nerve to contact me. Especially the guy I kicked the cr@p out of. He must have liked it...or something. xD
You have so little humanity in you. You come off more like Gollum from the Hobbit than like a human woman:

You don't seem to mind, either. I offer the last few years of your bitter, mean-spirited, and irascible posting as evidence. Would you disagree with any of that? If so, where is the contradictory evidence?
Henry

Germany

#585737 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Noahs flood has been scientifically debunked. So has many other things in the bible. You lose.
The bible belt is anything but logical!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585738 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is a lie like claiming you have won the lottery prior to checking your ticket is a lie and the accidental truth
of your claim does not excuse you from the lie. Thanks again for proving what a morally challenged individual you are.
"It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him." Abraham Lincoln
Well Abraham Lincoln did not know what I know so he was not thinking the way I am thinking.

When a scientists form a hypothesis or a theory, which is then proven to be factual; is he lying?

Because if scientists already knew that their theories and hypothesis were correct, then testing and experimenting would be redundant.

So does the proving of a theory, hypothesis or scientific claim make the scientists wrong?

And if the theory, hypothesis or scientific claim is proven factual; are they accidentally truthful?

What have you been proving, except that you are a facking clown? I should call you DUMBO or DUMB-OH or DUMB-HOE or DUMB-O!
Henry

Germany

#585739 Jan 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see evidence of that except from religions like yours. Your church has been waging a war against science since it first met it, and a war against reason in general since its inception.
<quoted text>
You're wrong about that. Your bible is the only possible source of evidence that if a creator god exists, it's Jehovah.
But more importantly, your god is said to be the author of the bible, making it an autobiography of sorts. It describes a perfect god that knows all, can do all, and that loves us perfectly.
Sorry. No such god exists. No god that writes about itself being perfect, and then proceeds to write a bible full of self-contradiction, failed prophecy, unfulfilled promises, and errors of scientific and historical fact could exist.
<quoted text>
If there is a god, it's not the Christian god, so I won't worship at that altar.
God has not the slightest chance of a truth!
Pat

Granby, CT

#585740 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I could say the same for evolution theory.
The fact is that the evidence which is presented supports evolution theory but it does not PROVE that evolution is reality.
But the failure to prove evolution theory does not prevent scientists from claiming that it is fact; the evidence supports it.
So you know what?
I dont have to prove that God exists either.
As long as I see evidence to support the existence of God, me and my little group can form our consensus and say that it is a fact that God exists.
If atheists can call what they feel, fact; then religious person must be able to call what they experience a reality.
But I dont expect you to appreciate that, because fairness in thought is not one of your strong points; you have demonstrated that.
P.S. I still get an erection every time I see the letters P-A-T on my screen in this forum. Love you.
"I could say the same for evolution theory."

Yes you could and it would be yetjust another lie.

"The fact is that the evidence which is presented supports evolution theory but it does not PROVE that evolution is reality."

Evolution is a proven scientific fact. The theory of evolution explains how it happes not if it happens just like the theory og gravity explains how it happens not if it exists. How old are you?

"I dont have to prove that God exists either.
As long as I see evidence to support the existence of God, me and my little group can form our consensus and say that it is a fact that God exists."

Yes you can claim facts you do not have, and the rest of us can laugh at you dishonest morally challenged death dneiers too for like I said, theists and atheists agree 99.999 percent of the time on what is rational to believe, it's just when you theists have to face death honestly that you throw your reason out the window in exchange for feel good fairytales.

"If atheists can call what they feel, fact.."

Atheists, as atheists, do nothing more than reject your claim of a god because you offer no proof that you are correct.

"But I dont expect you to appreciate that, because fairness in thought is not one of your strong points; you have demonstrated that."

Rather you demonstrate that you are a disengenous liar and a hypocrite using a double standard of proof, one based on normal reasoning for your everyday life and zero standard of proof for your death denial god garbage.

"P.S. I still get an erection every time I see the letters P-A-T on my screen in this forum. Love you. "

You morally challenged bible perverts crack me up (and sorry to disappoint you but I'm not gay).

Fennario

#585741 Jan 10, 2013
f_c_ off wrote:
matthew 20:63 give me 5 minute i will convert it to 9 month this radiculas stament in bible prove how pathetic it is
Food for thought. And nicely rendered, too.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#585742 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you weren't born into it. If you were born in the middle east you'd probably be jewish or muslim and defend those as well.
There are nearly as many Jews in the US as there is in Israel. Of the ones there many have duel citizenship , so I don't see how it matters where you were born.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 7 min Johnny 2,895
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min ChristineM 228,615
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min mike 601,449
MASLAK / Siemens Servis Maslak ( 299 15 34 ) Le... 27 min garenta 1
Siemens Servis LEVENT ( 299 15 34 ) 4 Levent Si... 29 min garenta 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min RADEKT 260,260
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min pusherman_ 545,194
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Roberta G 174,213

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE