“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585788 Jan 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet it's more than 25 million dollars. But yes, government transparency and accountability is a principle I espouse as well. But good luck with that, though.
<quoted text>
You're contradicting yourself. Smoking-related laws all either forbid or compel something. You either support that or you don't
What I do not support is the government taking tax money from cigarettes because they say cigarettes "kill", but they won't put excise taxes on other things that we consume that also kill.

It's completely unfair and completely dishonest.
Pat

Granby, CT

#585789 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the mere complexity of life that leads us to the conclusion my dear Patti Cake.
Its the fact that all this complexity works, that leads us to believe there is an intelligent influence involved.
And it cannot be an argument from ignorance because we do have evidence to support the claim.
<quoted text>
After you tell that to your scientific thinking fellow on here, you can come back to tell me.
They dont seem to share your sentiments.
<quoted text>
Uuuuuuuuuuh, yeah it kinda does.
Have you ever seen intelligence emerge by accident?
For intelligence and efficiency to emerge from blind mindless forces is like throwing some paint on a canvas and expecting a "Madonna" or to show up perfectly painted.
I will show you something:
When scientists first saw a figure on Mars that looked like a face, what did they assume: did they assume it was made by other beings or that it evolves into existence?
THE PERSON WHO THINKS THAT INTELLIGENCE EMERGED FROM NOTHING OR MINDLESS PROCESSES ALONE, CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO BE INTELLIGENT.
<quoted text>
I dint say nor suggest that one lacks the ability to experience the life that comes after death; I suggested the nature of experiences may be different from the ones we have in this present state.
The nature of the experiences in the after-life may be such that memory is redundant/unnecessary.
<quoted text>
You assume that life ends in death, which makes you an even bigger jackass; because that which is truly alive is never subject to death.
That which is truly alive will never die; thats what makes it lively.
I presume you will say there is no such that as a thing that cannot die; but I will point out to you that matter-energy cannot be created nor destroyed...
If you have evindence then why does a belief in god still require faith? Stop lying.

"Its the fact that all this complexity works, that leads us to believe there is an intelligent influence involved."

Argument from ignorance.

"THE PERSON WHO THINKS THAT INTELLIGENCE EMERGED FROM NOTHING OR MINDLESS PROCESSES ALONE, CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO BE INTELLIGENT."

THE PERSON REFUSES TO ADMIT NOT KNOWING SOMETHING WHEN THEY IN FACT DO NOT KNOW IT CAN BE CONSIDERED VERY INSECURE AND IGNORANT. We do not know exactly how life began so stop pretending we do and as far as a scientific theory goes, the invisible sky wizard using his magic wand is not a vlaid scientifc theory.

"You assume that life ends in death, which makes you an even bigger jackass; because that which is truly alive is never subject to death."

I assume nothing, my opinion is based on the evidence of a corpse. Check out a rotting corpse some time little boy. If you are going to argue that you live after you die because maggots will feed on your corpse then we agree, you will live after you die. Answer my question then, if a corpse can not be considered conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness then what would be enough proof for you? If we can not accept a corpse as proof that death ends life then NOTHING we know of could ever be said to be proven, NOTHING! The assuming jackass who will deny the evidence of a corpse is you, you coward.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585790 Jan 10, 2013
Not exactly. I would favor it if cheeseburger eating cost society money.
What?! You think people eating cheeseburgers all the time doesn't cost society money?!

Cholesterol kills more people than cigarettes do.

My grandma never smoked a cigarette in her whole life. She was in the hospital for four months before she died. She ended up costing Medicare over $2 million. Why? Because she ate fattening foods her whole life.

My grandma loved cheeseburgers, fried chicken, pizza, candy bars, soda, and so on. She loved it so much that it eventually killed her.

So again, why are you out there advocating a sin tax of fattening foods?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585791 Jan 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Theft and any subsequent harm it might do as a result of your not properly securing it.
But cars and bats and knives and chains and hands and axes and lumber and chainsaws don't have that kind of insurance...
Pat

Granby, CT

#585792 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you like totally dodge English language class?
You obviously have never heard of "synonyms".
Faith is a belief like all other beliefs.
And the value of any belief is determined by its consistency with reality.
So as long as my faith is consistent with what I experience, then my faith is no less valid than the confidence a scientist places in a concept, theory or fact :P
Faith is a belief, but it is not like all other beliefs. It is a belief based not upon knowledge but rather the absence of it.

"And the value of any belief is determined by its consistency with reality."

Then your belief in god is worthless since supernatural magic is contrary to what we know of reality.

"So as long as my faith is consistent with what I experience, then my faith is no less valid than the confidence a scientist places in a concept, theory or fact"

In other words your beliefs are as valid as any other lunatics. LOL

The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler
Pat

Granby, CT

#585793 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I fart up your nose.
That proves it, god is real! Praze be to Cheeses!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#585794 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I don't excuse it in any way, nor condone the practices of the
old testament. The horrible thing is some Jews in the old city are still of this mindset. The one aspect particularly loathed is amongst the all crimes to humanity and human rights violations is the persistent belief that they are for some reason special and above other people who they refer to as the goyim.
I see most of them as ungrateful bastards who treat the world like it in it's entirety belongs to them. Certainly there are examples of cultures far far more appealing.
I agree.

I find that mindset of excusing away the actions of a culture - "because that's just the way it was back then" - disturbing, and especially so when it's done by people(current adherents) in defense of a religious culture, past or present.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585795 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Most 25 year olds don't.....
Start'n ta remind me of gatekreeper.
Pat

Granby, CT

#585796 Jan 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You accept the existence of god without any observations.
Correct?
If you have made observations, are they testable?
If so, how?
It is secret privileged information, sorry. You have to be very very special to get access...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585797 Jan 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Start'n ta remind me of gatekreeper.
Them's fightin words....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585798 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Them's fightin words....
Just a thought...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#585799 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. The bible is FILLED with nonsense like this. Over the years they've been "editing" it out to serve their purpose, but the original version (the one supposedly handed down from god) still exist. What pleasant writings to base a religion on eh?
Yeah, and when you look up the "disputed" word meanings in Hebrew etc.., I've found that it usually gets worse, because then you are generally compelled to look at the entire sentence, verse and more.

I think if Christians did that more often, they'd find that the book they embrace is full of contradictions and nonsense at best, and at its absolute worst, hideous.
Pat

Granby, CT

#585800 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent design cannot be debunked; it is the intelligent that designs.
Then clearly a being so complex as to be able to create the universe would itself require a designer and that designer would need a designer and on and on for infinity so is that the foolishness you cling to, an infinite number of gods, each creating the next?

You see, this ID nonsense you fell for leaves you right were you started, not knowing how life began.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585801 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
That wasn't the message you sent. Here's what you wrote:
"There are ways to question the reality of the very soil that people walk on, so there is no shortage of ways to question the reality of God."
So you are saying that you utterly fail to see the idea of making "...reference to questioning the reality of the soil beneath..." in the expression "There are ways to question the reality of the very soil that people walk on, so there is no shortage of ways to question the reality of God"?

Oh fack!

You need help bad.

Or maybe by "message sent" you mean the impression that was formed on/in your mind?

You would still need help either way.
...The message is that all kinds of thinking are equally valid or invalid.
And they have good reason for saying that.

The nature the human structure and his capacities of perception are such that the mind NEVER experiences the full or objective reality directly or 'intimately'.

Go ask any 7th grade biology student and they will tell you that the mind interprets what the body feeds into it; the mind itself does not experience the reality directly.

Thats why philosophy is crucial!

We need people who are philosophically inclined to examine " knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language" ( wikipedia.com ), to make sure people like you dont get away with the crap you cultivate in those twisted minds of yours.
And no, when rational minds question the soil, it is about its qualities and history, not its existence.
So if one cannot be certain of the reality of a thing, how can one proceed to conclude that the history is real?

What is the difference between the image formed when you imagine and the image formed when you observe an object in the outer world? THEY ARE BOTH FORMED IN THE MIND.

The only difference is with the persistence of the images; the image that is formed from an external object tends to remain longer than the ones you imagine.

The body can hardly distinguish between what is concrete and what is imaginary. If you imagine that "Pat" is standing naked before your eyes, you will get an erection just the same way you would if she was standing before you naked in reality.

Well, your sexual orientation may cause you to not get erected when you see a naked woman so might be an exception.

So it is CRUCIAL that one studies the nature of the real and the nature of the apparent.
Pat

Granby, CT

#585802 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT WHERE HAVE YOU OBSERVED A MINDLESS, UNDIRECTED ENTITY CREATING AN INTELLIGENT ONE?
So who created your god then, SUPER GOD? Who created super god, SUPER DUPER GOD? Does it hurt when you think?
Pat

Granby, CT

#585803 Jan 10, 2013
question wrote:
We are going down hill and backwards socially, first the atheists are increasing in numbers, then the worlds most primitive and violent religion Islam gets help to expand in the west by secular atheist governments,who welcome them as immigrants, and the armanent industry gets bigger and more technical ie drones, whats next?
Rather we are progressing you morally challnged fool.

If this often-touted religious theory were correct-that a turning away from God is at the root of all societal ills-then we would expect to find the least religious nations on earth to be bastions of crime, poverty, and disease and the most religious nations to be models of societal health. A comparison of highly irreligious countries with highly religious countries, however, reveals a very different state of affairs. In reality, the most secular countries-those with the highest proportion of atheists and agnostics-are among the most stable, peaceful, free, wealthy, and healthy societies. And the most religious nations-wherein worship of God is in abundance-are among the most unstable, violent, oppressive, poor, and destitute.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585804 Jan 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Just a thought...
Why? Most 25 year olds don't have much common sense or a grasp on anything, especially something like scientific hypothesis/theory/law.....

Sorry if that offends to 25-ish year old out there, but it's the truth.

(keep in mind I said most, not all)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585805 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then clearly a being so complex as to be able to create the universe would itself require a designer and that designer would need a designer and on and on for infinity so is that the foolishness you cling to, an infinite number of gods, each creating the next?
You see, this ID nonsense you fell for leaves you right were you started, not knowing how life began.
"How life began" is referring to physical, mortal life. "Life as we know it".

God is not a life as we know it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585806 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
So who created your god then, SUPER GOD? Who created super god, SUPER DUPER GOD? Does it hurt when you think?
God was not created, He always has existed and always will exist.

It must hurt your brain to think about something as magnificent as God, something that has no creator.

I know you're probably stuck on "gods" like Zeus & Thor, Isis & Horus - all which were "created".

God was not created.

Try to think before you type.
Pat

Granby, CT

#585807 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

You dont agree that my evidence of God is valid; but I dont agree that common genes are proof of common ancestry either.*shrug*
But we can both agree that common genes exist for they are there for all to see, unlike your god, which until now is nothing more than a silly superstition and god will remain a superstition until such time as evidence presents itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min oxbow 583,966
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 26 min dollarsbill 3,341
"Places in Time": one of Narada Music's greates... 28 min Doctor REALITY 3
Aztec Group Inc Florida Tokyo Japan Hong Kong R... 38 min Commander Bunny 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Aura Mytha 5,831
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 5,785
REAL Music!!!!!! Part III !!!!!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr duststorm 442,809
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr His Eminency dr S... 611,843
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web