Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>War is legalized murder.
It's ok if Uncle Sam tells you to.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#585568 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Seems they would have a LOT of sources then to copy from. Thankl you for revealing that. Did you know that a lot of the christian religion was based on greek similarities? Weird huh?
I don't think that is weird at all. Most stories are borrowed in one form or another.
The one neat little tidbit about Horus though is that he was not born of a virgin, except for in only one or two versions of his story.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585569 Jan 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean.
It seems so.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585570 Jan 9, 2013
Amish wrote:
KJV Deu 22:22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shall you put away evil from Israel.
22:23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
22:24 Then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he has humbled his neighbor's wife: so you shall put away evil from among you.
22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.
22:26 But to the damsel you shall do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man rises against his neighbor, and slays him, even so is this matter:
22:27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.
22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give to the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he has humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
-
As we see above the rape resulted in the man being stoned to death, not the woman. And the sex out of wedlock resulted in the marriage contract.
BTW - the death penalty no longer applies for either Christian or Jews as we no longer have Temple services since 70 AD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery#Christi...
KJV is a correct translation. The NKJV may also be used. The earlier Geneva 1560 is near identical. All others are corrupted and created for that very reason, to deceive.
Do you see how it forces rape victims to marry their rapists?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#585571 Jan 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Do you see how it forces rape victims to marry their rapists?
Deuteronomy is OT Jewish law, not Christian.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585572 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Seems they would have a LOT of sources then to copy from. Thankl you for revealing that. Did you know that a lot of the christian religion was based on greek similarities? Weird huh?
Read Diodorus of Siculus-The library of history-the 1st book-last gods.
Amish

El Dorado Springs, MO

#585573 Jan 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Do you see how it forces rape victims to marry their rapists?

*sigh!*

No it does not. The top one is rape and the man is killed. The bottom passage is what we would call sleeping together out of marriage. Not adultery and not rape.
-
Amish wrote:
KJV Deu
22:25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and ***the man force her***, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.
22:26 But to the damsel you shall do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man rises against his neighbor, and slays him, even so is this matter:
22:27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give to the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he has humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585574 Jan 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Deuteronomy is OT Jewish law, not Christian.
Did I say christian? Nope.
Would ya like me to?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585575 Jan 9, 2013
Amish wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh!*
No it does not. The top one is rape and the man is killed. The bottom passage is what we would call sleeping together out of marriage. Not adultery and not rape.
-
<quoted text>
The top version was edited.

Location hidden

#585576 Jan 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say christian? Nope.
Would ya like me to?
Only if you want to.
Amish

El Dorado Springs, MO

#585577 Jan 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
The top version was edited.

They are both passages from the KJV Bible. One verse deals with RAPE while the other is about.. premarital sex.

The KJV OT is identical to the DSS and has not been edited even as the KJV was published in 1611 and the DSS were not discovered until 1946 yet confirmed and added to the mss of the KJV.

KJV OT origins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_Text

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585578 Jan 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Only if you want to.
Depends on what I get for it.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#585579 Jan 9, 2013
Amish wrote:
<quoted text>
They are both passages from the KJV Bible. One verse deals with RAPE while the other is about.. premarital sex.
The KJV OT is identical to the DSS and has not been edited even as the KJV was published in 1611 and the DSS were not discovered until 1946 yet confirmed and added to the mss of the KJV.
KJV OT origins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_Text
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =V8C-Dl7VpRQXX
Lemme see, when a >Man< happens upon a young woman, a virgin, and lays his hands on her, and based on the meanings and usages of the Hebrew word that the English word "hold" , represented, which in Hebrew meant; seize, catch, taken, captured, enter forcibly, be forcibly entered, be seized, be caught, be conquered.

Just what do you think that means? I get it, it doesn't say "RAPE".

Right? The man was just having a good time!

He found a young virgin alone, and, what the hell, IT'S TIME FOR SEX!. He just took her and had sex. What's the big deal?

No biggie. He was just gettin some. Something like that?

The man possibly happened upon the young virgin, told her "keep your fncking mouth shut", then — "lay hold"(seized, caught, captured, entered forcibly, conquered)— her...

.... and had sex with her.

Yeah, my imagination, whew. We know what I just described never happened. Probably. It had to always be consensual.

After all, if he got CAUGHT, he paid 50 shekels and married her. No biggie.

If he didn't get caught, no foul, no penalty.

Got it, Amish.

Then if the man wasn't caught, and she's pregnant.

She can claim she's a virgin, a god impregnated her and when the child is born..

...name it Jesus.

Me and my imagination.

Location hidden

#585580 Jan 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on what I get for it.
For saying what you please? Isn't that self fulfilling?:)

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#585581 Jan 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme see, when a >Man< happens upon a young woman, a virgin, and lays his hands on her, and based on the meanings and usages of the Hebrew word that the English word "hold" , represented, which in Hebrew meant; seize, catch, taken, captured, enter forcibly, be forcibly entered, be seized, be caught, be conquered.
Just what do you think that means? I get it, it doesn't say "RAPE".
Right? The man was just having a good time!
He found a young virgin alone, and, what the hell, IT'S TIME FOR SEX!. He just took her and had sex. What's the big deal?
No biggie. He was just gettin some. Something like that?
The man possibly happened upon the young virgin, told her "keep your fncking mouth shut", then — "lay hold"(seized, caught, captured, entered forcibly, conquered)— her...
.... and had sex with her.
Yeah, my imagination, whew. We know what I just described never happened. Probably. It had to always be consensual.
After all, if he got CAUGHT, he paid 50 shekels and married her. No biggie.
If he didn't get caught, no foul, no penalty.
Got it, Amish.
Then if the man wasn't caught, and she's pregnant.
She can claim she's a virgin, a god impregnated her and when the child is born..
...name it Jesus.
Me and my imagination.
Jewish women in biblical time until married were considered property of their father , and upon marriage became property of her husband. So Jewish law concerning them would be similar to possession and ownership of livestock.

The women of today's world in free societies would shriek in horror of the way they were treated then, as subservient second class citizens with little recourse.
We tend to see biblical laws as barbaric and primitive.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585582 Jan 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>For saying what you please? Isn't that self fulfilling?:)
Why you...little..<sigh>

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585583 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It's ok if Uncle Sam tells you to.
Check this out..
#167 Gun control advocates are violent psychos
f_c_ off

United States

#585584 Jan 10, 2013
christianity and jewism both are fake

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585585 Jan 10, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
Government already does all of those things.
Yes. I believe that RiversideRedneck was asking them to stop when he wrote, "smoking is a CHOICE that the f_cking government should stay out of."
Freebird USA wrote:
Here is my issue.In NY a name brand pack of cigs were $13 at a covenience store/gas station last time I was there. At least half of that was taxes. I would like to see government CONFIRM that $6.50 per pack is being used for education and health related issues. My belief is the tax is just another revenue stream for a government addicted to cash.
Do you really mean that? Would you be content if you knew that the taxes went directly and exclusively to defraying smoking related expenses?

Are cigarettes really that expensive now?

Every time I return to the States, I experience sticker shock. I took my mother out to lunch - sixty bucks. And I took her and her friend to Red Lobster -$130.
Freebird USA wrote:
And if everyone quit smoking tomorrow they would announce a "fiscal crisis".
Maybe, but only for a few years. In twenty years, we would reap the windfall of less chronic disease.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 33 min HipGnosis 1,014
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 47 min razz58 2,637
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 444,349
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr tamizh 7,337
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr raj 279
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 596,376
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Neville Thompson 661
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 612,626
More from around the web