Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#585699 Jan 10, 2013
United in faith wrote:
so you don't like humor i see.
yes i have knowledge and understanding.
what a silly thing to ask.
You aren't funny.

In what specialized area(s) do you have knowledge and understanding?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585700 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Visit a school and learn how to spell.
Says the kettle to the pot.

Location hidden

#585701 Jan 10, 2013
United in faith wrote:
so how does one make a REPLICA of something that never was?
Stories have descriptions in them. Gee, you couldn't figure that out?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585702 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
A human can only lift so much weight, we have our limits but a bulldozer is capable of lifting things beyond human ability same for a telescope or microscope can allow us to see beyond our limitations, and one is not beyond human to be able to use these things. Why are you so confused?
I am positive about God because I have seen and experienced His Influence personally and among others; I dont beleive in God because it makes me feel good about myself.

You are the one confused and confusing.

You keep confusing me with someone who just jumped up and believe the words of some old book, or who just hung on the word of some preacher guy bellowing from some pulpit.

You keep talking about all kinda things from bulldozers to bullshit.

Do bulldozers and telescopes really help us to overcome our limits; or do they only redefine them?

To truly remove or decrease your limits, you should learn to rely less on strength and sight; not create things based on the limits of your strength and sight.

Who is limited; the one who requires that a 3 ton structure be moved, or the one who does not have to lift a straw?

Location hidden

#585703 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
hold the gun owner criminally responsible for the actions of his guns.
Exactly. Enter gun insurance. It's the perfect solution.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585704 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
The "abrahamic portrayal" of "god" is a problem even for people who believe in God. I mean an Omnipotent being is expected to behave Omnipotently; and there are situation where the "God" described in the abrahamic portrayal is less than Omnipotent (sometimes He borders on petty).
Why doesn't that inconsistency matter to you? Those are the telltale signs that what you believe is wrong. But instead of thinking like that, which is natural, you have been taught to accept the absurd - something about a puny mind that just can understand that illogic is actually logic, and that nagging doubts are the voice of Satan, which should be ignored.

If you buy that, you are lost to reason.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585705 Jan 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your god, Jehovah-Jesus? I ruled that god out logically.
=====

From a few posts later:

IANS wrote:
"That god cares more about who has been putting what into whom more than just about anything else."

======

Is that your definition of logic? To show willful dishonesty to portray a perverted god?

Location hidden

#585706 Jan 10, 2013
United in faith wrote:
the point here is that the bible proves itself as truth.
Not true. Noahs flood has been scientifically debunked. So has many other things in the bible. You lose.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585707 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Says the kettle to the pot.
Does pot tell you that kettles speak?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585708 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Mankind is rather egotistic and has demonstrated the will to corrupt even the best knowledge to suit his selfish ends and agendas.
I don't see evidence of that except from religions like yours. Your church has been waging a war against science since it first met it, and a war against reason in general since its inception.
God Himself wrote:
When discussing "proof of God" it is important to note that existence of God in Himself is independent of the validity of biblical claims about God and biblical portrayals of God.
You're wrong about that. Your bible is the only possible source of evidence that if a creator god exists, it's Jehovah.

But more importantly, your god is said to be the author of the bible, making it an autobiography of sorts. It describes a perfect god that knows all, can do all, and that loves us perfectly.

Sorry. No such god exists. No god that writes about itself being perfect, and then proceeds to write a bible full of self-contradiction, failed prophecy, unfulfilled promises, and errors of scientific and historical fact could exist.
God Himself wrote:
God is what He/It is regardless of how He/It is portrayed.
If there is a god, it's not the Christian god, so I won't worship at that altar.

Location hidden

#585709 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
drivers wearing seat belts pose an extra risk to others on the road
Just curious, how does someone in another car wearing a seatbelt make that unsafe for others?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585710 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:

Mylan wrote:
Exactly. Enter gun insurance. It's the perfect solution.
Guns don't perform actions any more than cars do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585711 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
motorcyclists do not need a seat-belt, they will be killed by the helmet the law requires.
I was in a motorcycle crash once. The helmet (full faced) saved my lower jaw from being crushed in.

I do not think it should be a law to wear a helmet, but I'll always wear one.

Location hidden

#585712 Jan 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. mainstream science considers the conscious emergent but have not conceded a non-material cause. Heck, scientists can't even tell you, nor can they agree among themselves, what "alive" and "dead" is
Scientists have proven that when people claim to die and go to heaven and "experience" heaven is not real. I will look for the articles and post them for you. This has been done in a lab.

Location hidden

#585713 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a package of neo-citron in a 8oz glass of 50% whiskey and hot water, drink it and go to bed, lots of blankets.
the cold will be over,(if you live)
Sounds like Chemotherapy for colds. The garlic (or white wine) accomplishes the same thing, only much safer.
Forum carlsbad nm

Lovington, NM

#585714 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
video games do not kill
guns do
Video games are fun.
Tranny Town Clown

Fort Worth, TX

#585715 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
24-7. Stealin' and lyin' fer Jeebus! Let's show our love fee some god by shootin' some shit. Whoop!

Location hidden

#585716 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot tells you that you have the munchies.
Tranny Town Clown

Fort Worth, TX

#585717 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a motorcycle crash once. The helmet (full faced) saved my lower jaw from being crushed in.
I do not think it should be a law to wear a helmet, but I'll always wear one.
Helmet on a motorcycle is practical atheism.

Location hidden

#585718 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns don't perform actions any more than cars do.
And cars have insurance. Thank you for proving our point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min here 63,541
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Gods r Delusions ... 653,769
Carly Carrigan, you may all know her from Famil... (Jul '11) 12 min Hogguy1947 64
crmefmengovma2016 25 min second-handcar 2016 11
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 55 min Eagle 12 9,365
Sex with demon possessed doll (Jun '15) 1 hr Unknowntraveler 70
Ask A Black Guy (Sep '07) 1 hr jay_saiyan1212 657
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr lightbeamrider 106,476
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 281,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 hr Steve III 618,728
More from around the web