Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585683 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be , but we gotta give somewhere , doing nothing isn't going to stop it either. Mental heath screening isn't really offensive to me. Not as offensive as imposing a 200 dollar fee to register every gun in the US anyway.
hold the gun owner criminally responsible for the actions of his guns.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585684 Jan 10, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 17: 9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
What?!
It simply means, if your forgive your friend for something he has done wrong, then you have made a friend. If you keep talking about the offence to others,(gossip) then you will lose that friend.:)
Have a Godly day! SL :)
I know what the scripture means, I don't know why that idiot thinks its relevant.

Location hidden

#585685 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Seems that I'm not the only one that thinks this way.
http://articles.courant.com/2012-12-26/news/h...
In Newtown, 12-year-old Max Goldstein has started a movement asking kids to dump their violent video games. There, Mr. Biden, is a start.
video games do not kill

guns do
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585686 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have limitations.
Machines help us to overcome those limitations and gather more knowledge than we previously had the ability to gather.
Garbage.

What enabled us to create machines to help us gather effectively, is our knowledge; so the limitations of the machines reflect our own limitations and the limitations of our knowledge.

So technically, machines dont help us to overcome our limitations; machines help us to re-define our limits.

Logic is by far the most reliable and effective equipment in our arsenal. Logic has always bee and always will be our main potential that we use to navigate and evaluate reality.

It is logic that enables us to interpret, evaluate, plan, design and construct. Nothing makes any sense without logic, because it is was a Logical Influence which created reality.
Pat wrote:
There is still no knowledge for any gods.
There is no rational basis to possess a belief in god.
Your point?
You cannot conclude that there is no knowledge for any gods. By saying "gods" you have identified a specific entity/entities which have attributes and specific characteristics which are known (else how would you describe what a god is or is not?).

All you can say is that you dont believe the knowledge for gods that you have been offered.

Moreover, knowledge entails both what is known and not known.
So if you dont believe there is knowledge for God, then you cant believe your own conclusions either; because your conclusions were formed with respect to what you dont know of God.

P.S. Could you at least send me a pic?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585687 Jan 10, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There was not any word of a god!
I'm just using their own assertions against them to prove their wrong.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585688 Jan 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The bible says there was. Therefore, it must be true because the bible SAYS so, right?
The Serpent has the ability to speak and to reason: "Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made" (Genesis 3:1).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_%28Bible...
You think the bible is NOT a work of fiction. If not, then it is FACT.
Allegories are not FACT. Fables are not FACT. Fairy tales are not FACT.
So given that the bible has NOT been proven to be fact, there is no reason to take it as fact other than the DESIRE to.
But of course, in this instance as in every instance in life, wishing does not make it so.
the bible says it is right because it is.
A new archeological find at ancient Shilo fits with the biblical narrative regarding the war at Even Ha'ezer. Scholars confirm conjectors as to how Shilo was distroyed, this all colaborates the book of first Samuel in the bible.

the point here is that the bible proves itself as truth.
by agreeing with historians, by prophecy fulfillment, by archeology artifacts of discovery and other things.
it is self proving over time.

now please don't respond in a mean way. there is no need to be hostile. JUST discussing things is all we are here to do.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585689 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
How many experiments have you performed to test the truth of the existence of God by using scientific method? Which physical property that is attributed to Him have you attempted to test scientifically, and yet failed to observe in all parts of reality?
Your god, Jehovah-Jesus? I ruled that god out logically. Do you need to see it again?
God Himself wrote:
Name the experiment that is used to test for God.
I guess so.

It wasn't an experiment. It was a fundamental law of reason:

"In classical logic, the law of non-contradiction ... is the second of the three classic laws of thought. It states that contradictory statements cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, e.g. the two propositions "A is B" and "A is not B" are mutually exclusive."

A god cannot be perfect and make mistakes at the same time.

I can give you about a dozen more such self-contradictions, such as an omniscient god granting free will, or a god existing outside of time, but having thoughts or creating things, each of which requires a before and after state. It's ancient gobbledygook - the product of multiple unsophisticated and mutually contradictory writers.

Are you aware of the book called Naked Came The Stranger? Multiple authors created individual chapters of a novel without collaborating, and passed it of as a novel by a single author for kicks. That's how you bible is written.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Came_the_S...

Fennario

#585690 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
What I find disturbing, is the intellectual prejudice with which you treat the conception of ideas relating to God and references to Him that suggests you have no interest in the validity of claims about Him.
What intellectual prejudice? What validity to claims of your god's existence?

I have ruled your god out using sound argument - there are no imperfect perfect gods. Can you refute it? If not, it is you with the closed mind, not me. I went where reason took me. You didn't.

Location hidden

#585691 Jan 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't perceive having to legally wear a seat belt as any big deal or government intrusion in my life.
Added to that is that in the case of a car crash I can only do so much to protect myself from injury or death- seat belts afford protection that we are not capable of affording ourselves.
In the many ways that government is intrusive I find seat belt laws to be not at all troubling or any infringement on my personal freedom.
If I choose to risk my own life there are many ways that can be done without any potential risk to the lives of others.
drivers wearing seat belts pose an extra risk to others on the road

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585692 Jan 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
video games do not kill
guns do
I was playing a video game once & killed the president.....
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585693 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Please forgive me if I see your demeanor and intellect as the inferior one.
Thats ok, it all relative.
Aura Mytha wrote:
There is no arrogance in my knowledge the EM spectrum , but your apologetic theme is so close to the typical
fundy who would chastise human knowledge thinking it was achieved by the grace of god. When nothing could be further from the truth.
You are entitled to your opinion(s).
Aura Mytha wrote:
We are in fact testing and learning from the physical reality by filling in an unseen frequency with something that is visible.
So why do you have a problem when men learn from reality by attributing character to that which generates the creative forces which formed the world?

If you quit the intellectual biasses for a moment you might be able to appreciate the search for God.

Location hidden

#585694 Jan 10, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
In most cases, in a bad smashup a cyclist is going to be killed anyway, and being strapped to his bike is likely not going to be particularly beneficial to him. It could in fact be dangerous if he was to roll and the bike roll on top of him as opposed to his being thrown clear. I think the odds of dying on a motor cycle are something like 7 times that of a car.
Often in car accidents people are thrown from their vehicles and in a roll it rolls on top of them, whereas if they were belted in they might have survived because they would be somewhat protected by the car rather than squashed by it.
motorcyclists do not need a seat-belt, they will be killed by the helmet the law requires.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#585695 Jan 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. until science proves a strictly emergent consciousness, NDE experiences will remain a mystery ..
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the brain shutting down, there is no evidence for anything else.
.. mainstream science considers the conscious emergent but have not conceded a non-material cause. Heck, scientists can't even tell you, nor can they agree among themselves, what "alive" and "dead" is ..

.. will we ever prove consciousness does or doesn't disappear when the physical body dies? Using the scientific method, how can such a hypothesis even be tested ??..

.. based on the human experience, I think materialistic assumptions regarding consciousness are inherently flawed ..

Fennario

#585696 Jan 10, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Panty sniffing?
LOL.

That god cares more about who has been putting what into whom more than just about anything else. The residues of the fluids that dried there tell the tale.

You don't get to be called omniscient unless you know what every dirty pair of shorts and panties smell like.

Location hidden

#585697 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Brown sugar would feed a virus, not harm it. Both lemon and vinegar would only work topically (gargle for a sore throat) but once they passed the digestive system they would not be effective. The only other thing that has shown to work (other than garlic) is white wine.
a package of neo-citron in a 8oz glass of 50% whiskey and hot water, drink it and go to bed, lots of blankets.

the cold will be over,(if you live)

Location hidden

#585698 Jan 10, 2013
United in faith wrote:
you know you can come on here and discuss things without being mean and it would make you look like a credible person, more than calling folks liars for believing in God.
What you call 'mean' others call honesty. I prefer his/her honesty to your self delusion.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#585699 Jan 10, 2013
United in faith wrote:
so you don't like humor i see.
yes i have knowledge and understanding.
what a silly thing to ask.
You aren't funny.

In what specialized area(s) do you have knowledge and understanding?

Location hidden

#585700 Jan 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Visit a school and learn how to spell.
Says the kettle to the pot.

Location hidden

#585701 Jan 10, 2013
United in faith wrote:
so how does one make a REPLICA of something that never was?
Stories have descriptions in them. Gee, you couldn't figure that out?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585702 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
A human can only lift so much weight, we have our limits but a bulldozer is capable of lifting things beyond human ability same for a telescope or microscope can allow us to see beyond our limitations, and one is not beyond human to be able to use these things. Why are you so confused?
I am positive about God because I have seen and experienced His Influence personally and among others; I dont beleive in God because it makes me feel good about myself.

You are the one confused and confusing.

You keep confusing me with someone who just jumped up and believe the words of some old book, or who just hung on the word of some preacher guy bellowing from some pulpit.

You keep talking about all kinda things from bulldozers to bullshit.

Do bulldozers and telescopes really help us to overcome our limits; or do they only redefine them?

To truly remove or decrease your limits, you should learn to rely less on strength and sight; not create things based on the limits of your strength and sight.

Who is limited; the one who requires that a 3 ton structure be moved, or the one who does not have to lift a straw?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min New Age Spiritual... 670,791
The Home Depot Opinion Survey Website - www.hom... (Dec '12) 24 min albert 15
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 101,732
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 445,698
*UNparalleled ERA in world history -- 2017 Marc... 4 hr YTube 1
Chet cates 4 hr Rabbit 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Stretch 286,270
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Ricky F 184,347
More from around the web