Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585669 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
I just made the reference to questioning the reality of the soil beneath my feet, in order to show you that humans have the capacity to question anything. Is there something wrong with that?
That wasn't the message you sent. Here's what you wrote:

"There are ways to question the reality of the very soil that people walk on, so there is no shortage of ways to question the reality of God."

Christians typically want to cloudy clear thinking about reality to equate it with their own diffuse thinking. Thus, rationalists beliefs are only faith, and atheism is only religion,and science never proves, and you can't trust your mind even about the soil beneath your feet. The message is that all kinds of thinking are equally valid or invalid.

And no, when rational minds question the soil, it is about its qualities and history, not its existence.

Fennario

#585670 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Well, as it relates to "proof", there is no evidence to prove not even evolution theory. Evidence supports, not proves.
And here is the "proof" canard, a classic case of special pleading. Regarding reality, you demand it. Regarding biblical myth, you don't.

Although no theory can be proved, evolutionary theory comes as close as you can. It can't be upturned without discovering something as dramatic as a Matrix reality or Last Thursdayism being the case, or uncovering a trickster god that wanted us to believe that life had evolved

As for proving lesser propositions than scientific theories, we've been through this before. Of course sometimes evidence proves.You can't think of a single example of evidence serving as proof? How about this post serving as proof that somebody is posting on Topix today using the name "It aint necessarily so"?

As I've said before, you've let your church teach you how to think, and they did a number on you. They praised faith and cursed doubt, calling it the devil speaking. And for a lifetime, you've systematically rejected whatever contradicts the idol of your faith, and uncritically embraced any idea that seemed to support it.

And look at the result. Something about doubting the soil beneath your feet, and now this about evidence never being sufficient to prove anything.

Fennario

#585671 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Science provides evidence to SUPPORT the existence of God and validity of the claims made about Him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FetjUAvXFk8XX
That was too long to listen to - 75 minutes. Have you got anything in print form, like a transcript, or an alternate source?

Incidentally, how could science ever prove more than that the universe was designed and created? How could it prove that the god that you call "God" was the designer? That evidence is as good for the claim that Odin or Marduk is that god as it is for claim that it is Jehovah.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#585672 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter, still the 'word of god'.
There was not any word of a god!

Fennario

#585674 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =v90KVFIIOTAXX
That was more reasonable in length - about fourteen minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't need to get too far into it to reject it. The very first argument was badly flawed. The opening words were Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning ..." followed immediately by this:

"The bible is unique among the documents of ancient history, positing an absolute beginning. The bible boldly asserts that time is finite."

It then goes on to name cultures that say that time had no beginning, specifically, the Greeks, Romans, Hindus and Buddhists. This is probably wrong, and definitely irrelevant, since the existence of any and every other creation myth puts this to the lie. Here's the Greek creation myth, by the way. http://www.pantheon.org/articles/g/greek_crea...

And I just showed you a few others at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... the last time this claim was refuted less than a week ago.

If that was the lead argument for science proving your bible,there was no need to investigate it further.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585675 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
One is closer to the truth who believes nothing then one who believes what is wrong.
God is not about religion like Mother Goose is not a fairytale. Stop lying you amoral dope.
I am sorry you feel that way.

you know you can come on here and discuss things without being mean and it would make you look like a credible person, more than calling folks liars for believing in God.

don't you believe that everyone has a right to their belief or unbelief?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#585676 Jan 10, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be hard pressed to do a better job of making you look foolish than you do yourself.
I do, however, like a challenge.
Do you have any specialized knowledge or understanding?
so you don't like humor i see.

yes i have knowledge and understanding.
what a silly thing to ask.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#585677 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Have police sub stations very near every school or security in them.
I see a need not a want, the kids need some sort of protection
they deserve some sort of protection.
300 lb NRA volunteers paroling the halls with uzies.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#585678 Jan 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh so now you're allowed to put lipstick on a pig and call it something that it's not? A tweak here, a word changed there. Very convenient. What about the passage that says that a woman needs to be a virgin when she is married or she can be killed, how does that fit into your "sleeping together out of marriage" hogwash? I take it women were second class citizens back then to you guys.
Religion and women are at war. Women have to have at least the same human standard like men. Most religions are barbaric as far as woman are concerned. The discrimination of the female sex is unbearable! This alone would be enough to abolish capitalism.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585679 Jan 10, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Visit a psichic and become a natural human being!
Visit a school and learn how to spell.

God bless you.
pager

Thornbury, Australia

#585680 Jan 10, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Many religions treat the world as their personal ownership. For example the Romanb Catholic Church, after having committed in the last 1500 years barbaric deeds and still doing enormous crimes, discriminations and inhumanities!
very suscpicious as you only mention the catholic church while ignoring the slavery,butchery and atrocities practised by islam, your a muslim turk talking sh*t

Location hidden

#585681 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you live in a city of more than 250,000 you place yourself at risk, statistically speaking. Maybe you should move to the rural areas?
why not simply disarm the dangerous persons.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#585682 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all there is being there is no original Noah's Ark.
LOL, do tell
so how does one make a REPLICA of something that never was?

Location hidden

#585683 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be , but we gotta give somewhere , doing nothing isn't going to stop it either. Mental heath screening isn't really offensive to me. Not as offensive as imposing a 200 dollar fee to register every gun in the US anyway.
hold the gun owner criminally responsible for the actions of his guns.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585684 Jan 10, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 17: 9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
What?!
It simply means, if your forgive your friend for something he has done wrong, then you have made a friend. If you keep talking about the offence to others,(gossip) then you will lose that friend.:)
Have a Godly day! SL :)
I know what the scripture means, I don't know why that idiot thinks its relevant.

Location hidden

#585685 Jan 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Seems that I'm not the only one that thinks this way.
http://articles.courant.com/2012-12-26/news/h...
In Newtown, 12-year-old Max Goldstein has started a movement asking kids to dump their violent video games. There, Mr. Biden, is a start.
video games do not kill

guns do
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585686 Jan 10, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have limitations.
Machines help us to overcome those limitations and gather more knowledge than we previously had the ability to gather.
Garbage.

What enabled us to create machines to help us gather effectively, is our knowledge; so the limitations of the machines reflect our own limitations and the limitations of our knowledge.

So technically, machines dont help us to overcome our limitations; machines help us to re-define our limits.

Logic is by far the most reliable and effective equipment in our arsenal. Logic has always bee and always will be our main potential that we use to navigate and evaluate reality.

It is logic that enables us to interpret, evaluate, plan, design and construct. Nothing makes any sense without logic, because it is was a Logical Influence which created reality.
Pat wrote:
There is still no knowledge for any gods.
There is no rational basis to possess a belief in god.
Your point?
You cannot conclude that there is no knowledge for any gods. By saying "gods" you have identified a specific entity/entities which have attributes and specific characteristics which are known (else how would you describe what a god is or is not?).

All you can say is that you dont believe the knowledge for gods that you have been offered.

Moreover, knowledge entails both what is known and not known.
So if you dont believe there is knowledge for God, then you cant believe your own conclusions either; because your conclusions were formed with respect to what you dont know of God.

P.S. Could you at least send me a pic?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585687 Jan 10, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There was not any word of a god!
I'm just using their own assertions against them to prove their wrong.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#585688 Jan 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The bible says there was. Therefore, it must be true because the bible SAYS so, right?
The Serpent has the ability to speak and to reason: "Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made" (Genesis 3:1).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_%28Bible...
You think the bible is NOT a work of fiction. If not, then it is FACT.
Allegories are not FACT. Fables are not FACT. Fairy tales are not FACT.
So given that the bible has NOT been proven to be fact, there is no reason to take it as fact other than the DESIRE to.
But of course, in this instance as in every instance in life, wishing does not make it so.
the bible says it is right because it is.
A new archeological find at ancient Shilo fits with the biblical narrative regarding the war at Even Ha'ezer. Scholars confirm conjectors as to how Shilo was distroyed, this all colaborates the book of first Samuel in the bible.

the point here is that the bible proves itself as truth.
by agreeing with historians, by prophecy fulfillment, by archeology artifacts of discovery and other things.
it is self proving over time.

now please don't respond in a mean way. there is no need to be hostile. JUST discussing things is all we are here to do.

Fennario

#585689 Jan 10, 2013
God Himself wrote:
How many experiments have you performed to test the truth of the existence of God by using scientific method? Which physical property that is attributed to Him have you attempted to test scientifically, and yet failed to observe in all parts of reality?
Your god, Jehovah-Jesus? I ruled that god out logically. Do you need to see it again?
God Himself wrote:
Name the experiment that is used to test for God.
I guess so.

It wasn't an experiment. It was a fundamental law of reason:

"In classical logic, the law of non-contradiction ... is the second of the three classic laws of thought. It states that contradictory statements cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, e.g. the two propositions "A is B" and "A is not B" are mutually exclusive."

A god cannot be perfect and make mistakes at the same time.

I can give you about a dozen more such self-contradictions, such as an omniscient god granting free will, or a god existing outside of time, but having thoughts or creating things, each of which requires a before and after state. It's ancient gobbledygook - the product of multiple unsophisticated and mutually contradictory writers.

Are you aware of the book called Naked Came The Stranger? Multiple authors created individual chapters of a novel without collaborating, and passed it of as a novel by a single author for kicks. That's how you bible is written.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Came_the_S...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr ROCCO 110,009
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr George Justapawn 675,488
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Holy God s Child 619,347
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web