Prove there's a god.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585486 Jan 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Now if you could eliminate the need for human attributes and limitations, we might be closer to being on the same page.
I dont know that I would want to be on the same page with a person who uses a picture of a human skull as his icon. Thats creepy -_-

As it relates to God and human attributes: God DOES POSSES human attributes. The human attributes of God were demonstrated best in a man called Jesu(s).

I suspect that you will be dissatisfied with that response because your intentions are perhaps to remove Jesu(s) from the equations.

The concept of God is very easily appreciated, I know. Even if one were to simply accept the premises that His Potentials exist without accepting any description of His character, one could see their influences in nature.

But that Jesu(s) character is a real problem for you isnt he?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585487 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you KNOW "it" doesn't exist? All one can logically say is that there is no evidence that it does.
So how is it that you dont seem to appreciate my opinions on the existence of God?

I am not asserting that this or that religion has the right conception of God.

All I am saying is that God exists.

Now from what you posted up top there, you should be able to appreciate my attempt to justify my speculations that God is real and existent.

Why dont/cant you?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585488 Jan 9, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
He would love to meet you. He is an angel.
Who would love to meet me? O_o

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585489 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham was born in Mesopotamia.
Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
Because Moses was born over 1,000 years after the tablets at Ebla were written.
It's location is unknown.
Abrum and Sarai were from the Saraswati area of India.
Which Bethlehem? There were 2. Ebla was 2500 to 2300 BCE so you are right about the 1000 year skip to 1400(my bad). They did, however tell of Abrum and his father Tereh. A building of such a magnitude (greater than the pyramids) should still be standing, let alone no foundation at all wouldn't you think?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#585490 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Absolutely not.
The way I remember it, you said you heard and felt God. If that is what you said, can you describe what you heard, and what you felt?

If it was a voice, could you describe the voice, and what the voice said?

Was the touch like a person touching you, or some other sensation?

Where you awake or dreaming when this happened?

Was this after or during a traumatic time in your life?

If you see where I am going with this, and still won't answer me, I'll remind you when you bring up your "evidence" that you KNOW God exists. I'm not sure you even KNOW what you claim to believe. If you can provide the details, and commit them to the memory of this thread, you won't be able to change the story later. That might be inconvenient. I think it's likely that you are just keeping this little bit of sacred evidence well guarded because you know how flimsy it is. That is the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

I could be wrong. All it would take is you answering the questions to prove it. Put it all out there where it will be ridiculed, if you have nothing to fear.

I won't fault you for keeping your beliefs private. I'd rather you did, if I'm being honest. It's not my intent to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't always care if I do. In your case, I only care insomuch as I would not hurt you with a lie. I'd hurt you with the truth every day if it served my purposes.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
'twas not intended.
Freudian slips never are.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Nothing. I told you I don't want to.
That will buy you some shelter from my ridicule, but I was going easy on you anyways. If you had been on here a year ago, before I mellowed out, you'd have a song written about you, and it wouldn't have been flattering.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585491 Jan 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude ...are you seriously trying to dis Santa?
Because you need ya ass whooped if you are!
Santa give stuff for free , and doesn't require your soul!
I'm sorry!

*bows head and slowly backs away*

I'm sorry...
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#585492 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know that I would want to be on the same page with a person who uses a picture of a human skull as his icon. Thats creepy -_-
he?
youre wuss LOL

&sn s=em

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585493 Jan 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. OH !! RR - ask River Tam about that one too ..
I would, but I can get a hold of her - she's really quick!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585494 Jan 9, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa is saint in spanish.
I thought that was Santa Anita....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585495 Jan 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Another words you have an inventive but over active imagination.
Hey Catcher, watch this:

I think you mean "In other words", right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585496 Jan 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Abrum and Sarai were from the Saraswati area of India.
Which Bethlehem? There were 2. Ebla was 2500 to 2300 BCE so you are right about the 1000 year skip to 1400(my bad). They did, however tell of Abrum and his father Tereh. A building of such a magnitude (greater than the pyramids) should still be standing, let alone no foundation at all wouldn't you think?
Possibly.

Perhaps the Tower of Babel is a myth or a metaphor.

Reading the bible, it doesn't sound like it.

Or perhaps every last stone was robbed for other uses....

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#585497 Jan 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. is that true for all Jewish men ??..
Yep, they just snip it right off.

Location hidden

#585498 Jan 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. you've not had the pleasure of meeting the new and improved Patricia ..
.. United In Faith (YELLODOG/PATTIECAKE58) is a Native American maiden, a member of the 'Sue' tribe ..
.. I know it's YD/Pattie because she wants to have sex with me ..
Hahah! Sue?? Sioux! I don't see any improvement...sorry.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585499 Jan 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I remember it, you said you heard and felt God. If that is what you said, can you describe what you heard, and what you felt?
If it was a voice, could you describe the voice, and what the voice said?
Was the touch like a person touching you, or some other sensation?
Where you awake or dreaming when this happened?
Was this after or during a traumatic time in your life?
If you see where I am going with this, and still won't answer me, I'll remind you when you bring up your "evidence" that you KNOW God exists. I'm not sure you even KNOW what you claim to believe. If you can provide the details, and commit them to the memory of this thread, you won't be able to change the story later. That might be inconvenient. I think it's likely that you are just keeping this little bit of sacred evidence well guarded because you know how flimsy it is. That is the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.
I could be wrong. All it would take is you answering the questions to prove it. Put it all out there where it will be ridiculed, if you have nothing to fear.
I won't fault you for keeping your beliefs private. I'd rather you did, if I'm being honest. It's not my intent to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't always care if I do. In your case, I only care insomuch as I would not hurt you with a lie. I'd hurt you with the truth every day if it served my purposes.
<quoted text>
Freudian slips never are.
<quoted text>
That will buy you some shelter from my ridicule, but I was going easy on you anyways. If you had been on here a year ago, before I mellowed out, you'd have a song written about you, and it wouldn't have been flattering.
It's a long story but I'll summarize.

God placed His hand on my head, like you would palming a basketball. He said to me: "He's here."

His voice eerily sounded like my own. I can't explain it.

It was more than just a touch, though. It's like I felt the live of God pass through my body & soul.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585500 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Apparently you haven't caught on that the internet is as adept at allowing anybody and everybody to pass on misinformation.
What does a BOOK have to do with the internet?
Horus wasn't just born, as Jesus was.
Both were just stories. One based on the other.
There is nothing virginal about that.
Yeah, except for the whole dickless part....
Horus was not born to a Mary & Joseph
Are you going out of your way to be stupid? In Greek her name is Meri and his name is was Jo-Seph. Oh yeah and by the way, Jesus' name is a Greek form of a very common Semitic name Jeshu'a, Oh snap!
Horus was born in a swamp, Jesus a manger.
Nope, some versions say it was a cave.
There were no angels for Horus' birth.
There were 3 solar deities.
Horus was never baptized in any of the Horus stories.
He was baptized at age 30 In the river Eridanus. The fate of his baptiser:was beheading. Jesus was baptized at age 30 In the river Jordan. The fate of his baptiser:was beheading. No, there's no comparisons there.
Horus didn't walk on water.
He walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He ordered the sea with a "Peace, be still" command. Wow, imagine that.
Jesus was resurrected fully, Horus wasn't.
Actually he was, resurrected after three days. Wow, how about jesus?

Admit it redneck, you never even read the book. LOL...
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585501 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
...Which is exactly what you did when you attempted to offer me a single fact to show how your god and an imaginary god differ. You simply offered and unsupported claim that god created everything.
I could tell you that God told me he was real and point you to a copy of His best selling book, the Bible; but you would perhaps revolt.

I could tell you that science showed me that God is real and point out to you that evolutionary algorithm is being used to make artificial intelligence capable devices; which demonstrate that evolution is an effective tool for intelligent creation especially by a creative God. But you would probably say you are 'not satisfied'(in less dignified terms).
Pat wrote:
"They simply speculate that life does not end completely when the vitality of the "corpse" is compromised.
You have no knowledge."
The one clinging to absurd speculations is you faith filled theists. We know for a fact that when the brain is damaged or dies that it's function is lost. We have stroke victims who have had brain damage not be able to recognize a spouse of 50 years and we know this memory is gone, destroyed when the brain was damaged. We KNOW what happens when we die. We KNOW memory and awareness cease upon death.
You dont know that memory and awareness cease upon death.

Have you ever died to know that memory and awareness cease upon death?

Who has come back from the dead to tell you?

You are using an argument from ignorance.
Pat wrote:
You just deny these facts and cling to a belief you are half mammal half ghost which is utterly absurd. Tell me, if a corpse is not enough proof for you that death ends personal memory and awareness then what would be enough proof for you you foolish death denier?
It doesnt matter whether death ends personal memeory and awareness or not. The idea is that the will to live must always remain in you.

If you found that there is just a slight probability that you could live even after your "corpse" is destroyed, wouldnt you be interested to find out how?

Your reasoning suggests that you are nihilistic in your personal philosophy. Are you?

Location hidden

#585502 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
As it relates to God and human attributes: God DOES POSSES human attributes. The human attributes of God were demonstrated best in a man called Jesu(s).
I suspect that you will be dissatisfied with that response because your intentions are perhaps to remove Jesu(s) from the equations.
The concept of God is very easily appreciated, I know. Even if one were to simply accept the premises that His Potentials exist without accepting any description of His character, one could see their influences in nature.
But that Jesu(s) character is a real problem for you isnt he?
Yes, it is. I can see that you can see the relationship of numbers in energy relation and the action of ordered structure formation(dynamics actually). The Dogon hold the best information(ancient). We are just now discovering what they have known for thousands of years(including quantum physics and symbols).
Chaos lends to order-leads to entropy-(unless interrupted).

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585503 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a BOOK have to do with the internet?
<quoted text>
Both were just stories. One based on the other.
<quoted text>
Yeah, except for the whole dickless part....
<quoted text>
Are you going out of your way to be stupid? In Greek her name is Meri and his name is was Jo-Seph. Oh yeah and by the way, Jesus' name is a Greek form of a very common Semitic name Jeshu'a, Oh snap!
<quoted text>
Nope, some versions say it was a cave.
<quoted text>
There were 3 solar deities.
<quoted text>
He was baptized at age 30 In the river Eridanus. The fate of his baptiser:was beheading. Jesus was baptized at age 30 In the river Jordan. The fate of his baptiser:was beheading. No, there's no comparisons there.
<quoted text>
He walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. He ordered the sea with a "Peace, be still" command. Wow, imagine that.
<quoted text>
Actually he was, resurrected after three days. Wow, how about jesus?
Admit it redneck, you never even read the book. LOL...
hmmm....

We are at an impasse. What now?

My evidence refuted yours.

Your evidence refutes mine.

So.....

Ah f_ck it. I'm havin a beer & listening to Disturbed.

G'nite.

Location hidden

#585504 Jan 9, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Yep, they just snip it right off.
I hope you're talking about coupons.

Location hidden

#585505 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your evidence refutes mine.
You have NEVER posted ANY "evidence". All you posted was incorrect opinion.

And we haven't even started going over Mithra. LOL..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min janeebee 7,916
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min phooey 603,150
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWorldWarmongerer 177,844
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 2,858
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Critical Eye 3,786
sex party 2 hr sex god 1
is it a good idea to date a mexican guy? (Feb '09) 3 hr MrsCamacho 186
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web