Prove there's a god.
flup

Christchurch, New Zealand

#585541 Jan 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well< I'll be danged!! Rude! Good ta see ya too! Been a while huh?
It certainly has been a while, BT!! I hope you're enjoying the 2012/13 festive season, man!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#585542 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat's a certified piece of shit. I agree.
OK
The enemy if my enemy is my friend.
My friends buy me burritos.
A frenemy will still stab you in the back first chance they get.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#585543 Jan 9, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know what i know
and if i were you, i would pay close attention to what has just occured with your pal boots,(larry)
What occurred with me, Patty, and it is Boooots, not boots?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585544 Jan 9, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> It certainly has been a while, BT!! I hope you're enjoying the 2012/13 festive season, man!!
Ya, it was good. So what's up? you back now or what?
Nos

United States

#585545 Jan 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Ya, it was good. So what's up? you back now or what?

INCORRECT!
flup

Christchurch, New Zealand

#585546 Jan 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he is, Mr. Badbreath.
I'm glad you changed your name.
Excuse me for haunting you for your poor judgment.
:)
That's OK. You're excused.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585547 Jan 9, 2013
Hey can some of you bible thumpers help answer a question?

It says in the bible that if a woman is raped that she must be forced to marry her raper, but what if she is already married?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#585548 Jan 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if the person hacks the telephone company or listens to your phone calls or hacks the bank servers or phone servers or your friend gets your phone or nothing is perfect , but seriously your banking is protected so why worry? Well up to 100,000 dollars anyway.
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#585549 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
It says in the bible that if a woman is raped that she must be forced to marry her raper, but what if she is already married?
Hmm. Now that there's an intriguing question.

I'm not holding my breath for an answer, though.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#585550 Jan 9, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
There is evil. God is good.
How do you know?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585551 Jan 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're being silly.
War is legalized murder.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#585552 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 17: 9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
What?!
Yeah, you don't understand it. No kidding.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585553 Jan 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Patricia insists 'Sue' is a 'legit' spelling for Sioux ..
.. as a bona fide 'Sue,' she's allowed to glue feathers to her wigwam. Hasn't molted for 35+ years ..
racist much?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#585554 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>They were biased so of course they wrote something that backed up their own beliefs.
Any person with common sense KNOWS that jesus was fictitious because the SAME EXACT stories about him has been told thousands of years BEFORE jesus was ever written about. So I guess then according to you that jesus must have been thousands of years old when he was "walking" on this planet huh? LOL... You didn't think this through very well did you United in faith? That's rhetorical.
You want to convince me that you're right and that Jesus was "real" then explain how the story of Horus predates the story of jesus by THOUSANDS of years. Does any of this look familiar to you about "jesus"?
• Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a manger.
• His birth was being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
• His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph").
• He was of royal descent.
• At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple.
• A age 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.
• Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.
• He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").
• He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.
• Horus walked on water.
• His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father." He was thus called "Holy Child."
• He delivered a "Sermon on the Mount" and his followers recounted the "Sayings of Iusa."
• Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
• He was crucified between two thieves.
• He was buried for three days in a tomb, and then resurrected.
• He was also called the "Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "God's Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.
• Like Jesus, "Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years."
• Horus fed thousands (5000 to be exact) with just a few loaves of bread.
• Horus was called "the KRST," (pronounced Christ) or "Anointed One."
• He was "the Fisher" and was associated with the Fish ("Ichthys") and the Lamb.
Continued below;
That is all very interesting... really. Did you know that there are over 30 different versions of the Horus story?
Amish

United States

#585555 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:

Certainly.

Actually the verse misquoted says if the little harlot be found with a man they are to get married. It has nothing to do with rape. Rape was a sin punishable by death and is still a sin today. It would fall under the 10C law on theft, adultery, coveting and not loving your neighbor.

This is why you should take your Bible study from a Christian and not the non-believer with nooo interest in the truth. Many basic questions are answered here..

www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics
Amish

United States

#585556 Jan 9, 2013
>"Horus predates the story of jesus by THOUSANDS of years."

-

No similarities existed pre-Christianity.

www.kingdavid8.com/_full_article.php...

Location hidden

#585557 Jan 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm. Now that there's an intriguing question.
I'm not holding my breath for an answer, though.
Yeah I guess back then only unmarried women got raped.

Location hidden

#585558 Jan 9, 2013
Amish wrote:
Actually the verse misquoted says
No, you can stop right there. It was NOT misquoted at all! It is VERY specific. Your bible says that a raped woman MUST marry her raper and cannot ever divorce. What kind of SICK twisted law is that? Only a christian would punish a victim twice like that.
It has nothing to do with rape.
It has EVERYTHING to do with rape! You cannot cherry pick the bible. It says it right there in black and white.
This is why you should take your Bible study from a Christian
Really? Is that where you learned the bible from? Because you got every part of the question TOTALLY WRONG!

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

It says "who is not engaged" so is the raper supposed to ask his victim first if she's engaged?

Excuse me ma'am, I'm about to rape you, are you engaged?

Location hidden

#585559 Jan 9, 2013
Amish wrote:
No similarities existed pre-Christianity.
Then PROVE it by posting a NON biased source. Oh, can't do it huh?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#585560 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they exist, but do they exist in a form that is readily perceived by the human senses?
Have you ever seen a radio wave except when it is REPRESENTED on a through some technologically assisted means? No.
Those things exist though you have no natural sense experiences of them.
What you are able to detect with the aid of instruments is a measurement of the instrument itself; for it is the effect on the instrument that the instrument is able to measure.
You seem to have developed a habit of saying what has no meaning in reality. Let me show you what has no meaning in reality:
"Do you deny they do not exist and are detectable..?"
That is a true definition of what has no meaning in reality.
Whether seen or detected by senses alone makes no difference , they are detected and detected in their entire range of existence.
You seem to forget these waves were also created by men to serve purpose.
I do not deny they exist and are detectable.

http://chandra.harvard.edu/learn_cxc.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 100,541
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Liamm 670,352
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Sky Writer 31 184,288
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 9 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 11 hr Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 13 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web