Prove there's a god.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585272 Jan 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no test for something that doesn't exist.
How would you test for nothing?
Theists claim that there is a god; atheists do not. Religionists often challenge atheists to prove that there is no god but this misses the point. Atheists claim god is unproved, not disproved. In any argument, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585273 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
A meth addict considers meth to be of value. Same thing.
<quoted text>
I agree, but ONLY when they are taken as they were meant to be, which is a story. When someone takes a made up story and believe it literally - THEN - it becomes a problem. Case and point - religion.
<quoted text>
Yes but they either have the God gene or are trained to believe like a dog is trained. There are also many educated people who were brought up in religious families BUT learned the truth and stopped wasting their life away on religion.
<quoted text>With the one exception of those who are a SLAVE to religion because they are insecure. Check mate.
you are compairing DRUGS to faith? HOLY HONEYCOMB! are you crazy?
well perhaps you need a lesson in 'colaboration'
meaning Archaeology ARTIFACTS + outside sourses + bible scriptures + biblical fulfillment = colaborated evidence of fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585274 Jan 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the honesty it permits that I don't see as much in meat space because of those niceties. Did you see this post? http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Ya, I remember that one. Where you claimed that I'm polarizing people against my religion...

You do have delusions of grandeur, you know.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#585275 Jan 9, 2013
God is the Devil. The Devil is God. Good is Evil. Evil is good. Balanced is unbalanced. Unbalanced is Balanced. = life = GOD = NOTHING. No reward. No punishment. It's a different physics you will end up in. you can't imagine with this human brain of yours. It's almost funny.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585276 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I like it.
Here's something about being Facebook friends called "Are You F*cking Kidding Me?(Facebook Song)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =S7MuwPlOiNQXX
Cute.

Facebook "friends" generally aren't friends at all, the number is the status symbol.

Just like Classmates & MySpace, Facebook will fade away as the fad it is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585277 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>1. If you think me being 12 years older than you are makes me very old just wait and see how fast the next 12 years fly by for you, RR.
2. So YOU are allowed to be "old school" in the ways that appeal to you but I am not in the ways that appeal to me?
PFFT.
Relax, dammit!

Tell me a joke.

Location hidden

#585278 Jan 9, 2013
'clever' people don't exist, they just have a different view than you. 'society' labels people and things. its quite pathetic

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585279 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is the lazy mans path to knowledge. It provides all the answers to all the tough questions in one nice neat little appealing package easy for the simpleton theist to accept. Too bad all the answers are bogus and just intended to ease your fear of death.
so you would rather be ignorant and say you don't know?

relgion isn't the answer
God is not about religion.

the answer is only found in HIS word.

He says the ungodly are ever learning but never coming to the fullness of truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585280 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
Why bother, the onus of proof is on the one making the claim so it is up to you to prove god exists. If I claim to have invented an anti gravity machine is it up to you to prove I didn't or up to me to prove I did4641? Your brain does not work properly.
In just 2,000 years the followers & believers of Jesus have spread from just a few dozen to over a third of the planets population.

The onus is also on you, you are claiming that there is no God.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585281 Jan 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
I wonder... are there any non-practicing atheists in the room?
That's pretty funny.

If you think about why it's funny, it kind of puts the "atheism is a religion" canard to the lie. If atheism were a religion, you could be a non-observant atheist - a jack atheist, if you will.

But the idea is absurd - in fact, grist for a joke. Can you see that? If you made the comment about any religion or denomination, it's not funny.

I wonder... are there any non-practicing Catholics in the room?
I wonder... are there any non-practicing Pentecostals in the room?
I wonder... are there any non-practicing Muslims in the room?

<crickets> Not funny. NF.

But with "I wonder... are there any non-practicing atheists in the room?" <cue up laugh track> hilarity ensues.

Because atheism isn't a religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585282 Jan 9, 2013
Accord wrote:
God is the Devil. The Devil is God. Good is Evil. Evil is good. Balanced is unbalanced. Unbalanced is Balanced.= life = GOD = NOTHING. No reward. No punishment. It's a different physics you will end up in. you can't imagine with this human brain of yours. It's almost funny.
woah...

Does that mean a high wind is also calm?

And big breasts = small breasts?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585283 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Even I have trouble proving any myth to be actuality; I dont see your point.
God is not a myth. God is at least the impression that the developing and unfolding makes on (the) mind.
The unfolding reality gives the impression that processes are intelligently designed and directed by an agent or group of agents etc.
It is a fact that natural process are intelligently designed and directed. Efficiency is a sign of intelligence (unless intelligence is marked by failure); and the efficiency of natural processes suggests the influence of an Intelligent entity such as God Himself.
I might agree with some of those points (with reserve). I have to take exception with the abrahamic portrayal of a "god", given the less than moral attributes in the stories as purported by the book, which depicts an entity extremely wanting in perfection and omnipotent benevolence. It appears they have defamed their entity in an effort to justify their own inequities as a society.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#585284 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, dammit!
Tell me a joke.
4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

And don't spout CRAP followed up with telling me to relax.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585285 Jan 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no test for something that doesn't exist.

Not all ral and existing things can be tested.

"...In a wider definition, REALITY includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible." [Wikipedia.com]

Not everything that is REAL and existent can be tested; therefore the testability of a thing does not determine its existence.

Your argument about the testing that which does not exist does not apply to God :P
Aura Mytha wrote:
How would you test for nothing?
I would test for nothing by deciding or deducing the nature or attributes of nothing then set out to explore a place or thing that is characteristic of the nothing I have defined.

Is your question answered?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#585286 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
Facebook "friends" generally aren't friends at all, the number is the status symbol.
Just like Classmates & MySpace, Facebook will fade away as the fad it is.
Wrong. Facebook isn't going anywhere unless a new and improved internet "social" network comes along to take its place.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585287 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
That's pretty funny.
If you think about why it's funny, it kind of puts the "atheism is a religion" canard to the lie. If atheism were a religion, you could be a non-observant atheist - a jack atheist, if you will.
But the idea is absurd - in fact, grist for a joke. Can you see that? If you made the comment about any religion or denomination, it's not funny.
I wonder... are there any non-practicing Catholics in the room?
I wonder... are there any non-practicing Pentecostals in the room?
I wonder... are there any non-practicing Muslims in the room?
<crickets> Not funny. NF.
But with "I wonder... are there any non-practicing atheists in the room?" <cue up laugh track> hilarity ensues.
Because atheism isn't a religion.
I'd guess that a non-practicing atheist is a person that claims to be an atheist but secretly prays to God when nobody's looking.

Or a person that is atheist when a situation calls for it but agnostic at other times.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#585288 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Theists claim that there is a god; atheists do not. Religionists often challenge atheists to prove that there is no god but this misses the point. Atheists claim god is unproved, not disproved. In any argument, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
Then you are saying god exists , if it is testable there is something to test.

I'm saying this from a neutral position.
No claim either way.
Still show me what to test for god. You can't disprove something that is untestable.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#585289 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all ral and existing things can be tested.
"...In a wider definition, REALITY includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible." [Wikipedia.com]
Not everything that is REAL and existent can be tested; therefore the testability of a thing does not determine its existence.
Your argument about the testing that which does not exist does not apply to God :P
<quoted text>
I would test for nothing by deciding or deducing the nature or attributes of nothing then set out to explore a place or thing that is characteristic of the nothing I have defined.
Is your question answered?

Anything that exists physically can be tested.

The only test that indicates the presence of god that is physical you are not going to like.

Location hidden

#585290 Jan 9, 2013
Humans are such spastics it's unbelievable!

Location hidden

#585291 Jan 9, 2013
the question is not 'does God exist'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min PELE78 56,117
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 18 min akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 4,848
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr Johnny 507
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RoSesz 650,173
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Steve III 439
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,955
More from around the web