Prove there's a god.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585349 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that circular reasoning?
Circular reasoning is described as a type of arguing where the person starts out with what they are trying to prove.
Do you observe that in my expression?
<quoted text>
No. Faith and knowledge are not opposites; they cannot be opposites, because you must trust what you know or else you dont truly acknowledge (i.e. you dont truly know).
To beleive in gravity is to 'have faith that gravity will X'. Faith is synonymous with beleif.
The site " http://dictionary.reference.com " gives a definition of FAITH as:
"faith (fe&#618;&#952;)
— n
5. complete confidence or trust in a person, remedy, etc
6. any set of firmly held principles or beliefs"
The strong belief in the presence of gravity then, is not different from FAITH in gravity.
<quoted text>
SO how will you know that you know if you dont BELIEVE that what you know is true/accurate?
One of us is a fruit cake alright.
<quoted text>
I am a lifer.
I look at life in ways that allow me see positivenesses of survival against all odds.
You are the coward here:
IT TAKES A BRAVE SOUL TO TRY TO SURVIVE AGAINST ALL ODDS; BUT ANY WEAKLING WILL SUCCUMB TO AT THOUGHT OF IMPENDING DEMISE.
THEISTS DO NOT "deny the overwhelming evidence of a corpse and that memory and awareness are functions of the brain and will cease upon death no different than your blood will stop flowing when your heart stops beating."
They simply speculate that life does not end completely when the vitality of the "corpse" is compromised.
You have no knowledge.
"Circular reasoning is described as a type of arguing where the person starts out with what they are trying to prove."

"IT TAKES A BRAVE SOUL TO TRY TO SURVIVE AGAINST ALL ODDS; BUT ANY WEAKLING WILL SUCCUMB TO AT THOUGHT OF IMPENDING DEMISE."

You are no brave person, you are a dishonest death denier denying the reality of a corpse going through life using the crutch of feel good mythology as a means to cope.

Which is exactly what you did when you attempted to offer me a single fact to show how your god and an imaginary god differ. You simply offered and unsupported claim that god created everything.

"They simply speculate that life does not end completely when the vitality of the "corpse" is compromised.
You have no knowledge."

The one clinging to absurd speculations is you faith filled theists. We know for a fact that when the brain is damaged or dies that it's function is lost. We have stroke victims who have had brain damage not be able to recognize a spouse of 50 years and we know this memory is gone, destroyed when the brain was damaged. We KNOW what happens when we die. We KNOW memory and awareness cease upon death. You just deny these facts and cling to a belief you are half mammal half ghost which is utterly absurd. Tell me, if a corpse is not enough proof for you that death ends personal memory and awareness then what would be enough proof for you you foolish death denier?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#585350 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never check my balance online for my bank or credit cards.
I check by phone call. Is that any safer?

Not if the person hacks the telephone company or listens to your phone calls or hacks the bank servers or phone servers or your friend gets your phone or nothing is perfect , but seriously your banking is protected so why worry? Well up to 100,000 dollars anyway.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585351 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that circular reasoning?
Circular reasoning is described as a type of arguing where the person starts out with what they are trying to prove.
Do you observe that in my expression?
<quoted text>
No. Faith and knowledge are not opposites; they cannot be opposites, because you must trust what you know or else you dont truly acknowledge (i.e. you dont truly know).
To beleive in gravity is to 'have faith that gravity will X'. Faith is synonymous with beleif.
The site " http://dictionary.reference.com " gives a definition of FAITH as:
"faith (fe&#618;&#952;)
— n
5. complete confidence or trust in a person, remedy, etc
6. any set of firmly held principles or beliefs"
The strong belief in the presence of gravity then, is not different from FAITH in gravity.
<quoted text>
SO how will you know that you know if you dont BELIEVE that what you know is true/accurate?
One of us is a fruit cake alright.
<quoted text>
I am a lifer.
I look at life in ways that allow me see positivenesses of survival against all odds.
You are the coward here:
IT TAKES A BRAVE SOUL TO TRY TO SURVIVE AGAINST ALL ODDS; BUT ANY WEAKLING WILL SUCCUMB TO AT THOUGHT OF IMPENDING DEMISE.
THEISTS DO NOT "deny the overwhelming evidence of a corpse and that memory and awareness are functions of the brain and will cease upon death no different than your blood will stop flowing when your heart stops beating."
They simply speculate that life does not end completely when the vitality of the "corpse" is compromised.
You have no knowledge.
You are disengenous about the word faith. Faith has more than one meaning and the meaning that applies to relgious faith is a belief that is NOT based on proof.

"Circular reasoning is described as a type of arguing where the person starts out with what they are trying to prove."

Which is exactly what you did when you attempted to offer me a single fact to show how your god and an imaginary god differ. You simply offered and unsupported claim that god created everything.

"IT TAKES A BRAVE SOUL TO TRY TO SURVIVE AGAINST ALL ODDS; BUT ANY WEAKLING WILL SUCCUMB TO AT THOUGHT OF IMPENDING DEMISE."

You are no brave person, you are a dishonest death denier denying the reality of a corpse going through life using the crutch of feel good mythology as a means to cope.

"They simply speculate that life does not end completely when the vitality of the "corpse" is compromised.
You have no knowledge."

The one clinging to absurd speculations is you faith filled theists who think you are half ghost! We know for a fact that when the brain is damaged or dies that it's function is lost. We have stroke victims who have had brain damage not be able to recognize a spouse of 50 years and we know this memory is gone, destroyed when the brain was damaged. We KNOW what happens when we die. We KNOW memory and awareness cease upon death. You just deny these facts and cling to a belief you are half mammal half ghost which is utterly absurd. Tell me, if a corpse is not enough proof for you that death ends personal memory and awareness then what would be enough proof for you you foolish death denier?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585352 Jan 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And? collaborating what?
Historocity of the bible.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585353 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
Nope. You and many others have the BELIEF that your god exists.
But of course, belief is not knowledge any more than belief is proof.
uh-huh...

And when you shake a person's hand and feel the person's hand in your hand, that's just a belief, right?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585354 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh man! It is rare indeed when you actually follow through on your intent to be funny; this is one of those very rare times.
ROFLMAO!!
**curtsies**

lol

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#585355 Jan 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Hate to go off topic, but this is too preiceless:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/us-news-blog/...
Watch the video.
This guy just did more for the gun control movement than anybody I can imagine.
Alex is a fanatic but he is right this time.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#585356 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
True. But I and many others have knowledge that God exists.
How many people must make a claim to that kind of knowledge before you will accept that the god they claim actually exists?

Is there a number, or do you only believe based on your own experience? If it is your own experience that counts for you, how do you explain away the experiences of people who make similar claims about all those other gods? Why do you think the claims are inconsistent? If someone can believe using the same quality of evidence that you do, and disagree with you, what do you have that makes you think you are correct? Do you fault everyone who doesn't agree with you, while making almost identical claims?

Is the cognitive dissonance becoming uncomfortable yet?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585357 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

You have no knowledge.
Speculate is right. You have no knowledge that a corpse does not represent what it represents. You have no knowledge that you are anything but a mammal. You have no knowledge of any gods. You have an empty cup of false hope that you cling to because you refuse to cope with your mortality honestly. You are a dishonest coward who is afraid to think and has surrendered your mind over to dogma.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#585358 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide the quote that where I am saying god exists.
You didn't say it but implied it here.

"Atheists claim god is unproved, not disproved."

That sentence implies god is provable or disprovable.

Actually what you probably meant to say was..

Atheists have no belief in gods.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585359 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aren't you special, the creator of the universe has come and given you secret knowledge. You have big ego/small brain disease.
You have knowledge of god like I have knowledge of aliens on Pluto. You are a typical theist, a liar.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#585360 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact an infant isn't aware of their race or nationality does not change the fact that they have one, however in order to be a theist one MUST possess a belief in god, a mental task beyond the ability of any infant. It is impossible for an infant to be a theist and the religion of the parents is absolutely irrelevant to an infant.
"The POINT was just because a baby is not aware of religion does not mean a baby can't be or isn't born INTO a religion."
Stop lying, you wrote that since a baby is not aware of its race it therefore didn't have one. You must be drunk today for you are starting to make yellowdope look smart. Plus what exactly is born into a religon? Children are not born into a religon, they are indoctrinated into a religion by ignorant parents.
Stop with accusing me of lying.

I was being sarcastic when I posted that since an infant doesn't know about race, nationality or money then they are of no race, nationality or economic status of any kind. I'M drunk? Sarcasm hits you right in your face and you don't see it yet instead call me a liar. But I don't think you're drunk, just frothier than you usually are and like it or not and accept it or not, that is all you- froth along with FOAM at the mouth like the angry, rabid dog you come off as.

But just as an infant is unaware of all of the above, they are also unaware of religion but that doesn't change the fact the the majority of babies born are born INTO a religion.

What is "born into a religion"? YOU tell me I must be drunk today and am making YD look smart when YOU ask such a moronic question?

Just as a baby can be born INTO wealth (or poverty), a baby can be born into a religion and that would be the religion of its parents just like being born into wealth or poverty would be being born into the financial situation of the parents.

And- very little indoctrination took place with me- other than that of learning about the HERITAGE and CULTURAL world of Judaism and being told that IF Jesus existed, he was nothing more than a nice Jewish boy who was a fair to middling carpenter.

Still, I would never deny or try to hide that I WAS in FACT, born INTO the religion of Judaism. And I need not PRACTICE the religion I was BORN into to ACCURATELY claim that the religion I was born into is that of Judaism.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585361 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
**curtsies**
lol
That WAS really, really good and good thinking on your feet and a great comeback.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585362 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-huh...
And when you shake a person's hand and feel the person's hand in your hand, that's just a belief, right?
Sigh.....we went through this just the other day. If I had a camera handy, I could take a picture of me shaking someone's hand.

If YOU had had a camera handy, could YOU have taken a picture of your god touching you?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585363 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh man! It is rare indeed when you actually follow through on your intent to be funny; this is one of those very rare times.
ROFLMAO!!
What is the difference between a Jew and a canoe?

A canoe will tip.

Sorry OCB, you were such an immature b**ch today you deserved it. LOL

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#585364 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you KNOW "it" doesn't exist? All one can logically say is that there is no evidence that it does.
I said god does exist, but not the way you think.
God exists in abstract.
God is a brain condition. But that isn't a physical you can touch.
You can see it , feel it , but is it tangible ?
Is it an entity? I seriously doubt it. Aware only on a personal level maybe. It's not like a thing without limitations , it is a very limited thing. God is imprisoned in the minds of those who believe .

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585365 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
**curtsies**
lol
Wow. If Pat keeps up with her disgusting, obnoxious and non-stop anger and bitterness toward you and me, we could wind up becoming allies despite how much we disagree on so much.

Pat is one ANGRY piece of work- such rancor she shows ALL the time.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585366 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Any person who willingly submits to being a mental slave to an imaginary slavemaster, the creator of hell, has serious self esteem issues.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585367 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference between a Jew and a canoe?
A canoe will tip.
Sorry OCB, you were such an immature b**ch today you deserved it. LOL
Not a bad one, Pat, not bad at all.

But no- I was neither immature or a b*tch today- and certainly no more of a b*tch than you were and than you always are.

Of course, your stereotype only applies to CERTAIN Jews and frankly, I've known MANY more non-Jews who were so tight their shoes squeaked when they walk than I've known Jews who are tightwads.

BTW, I am too much of a lady to post here what it is YOU deserve, but believe me- it's not nice and not pretty.

But here- I'll give you an off-color joke about JAPS:

What's the difference between Jello and a Jap?

Jello moves when you eat it.

I have TONS of Jap jokes and maybe I find them funny and not at all offensive because I am not a Jap and never have been.
endtime

AOL

#585368 Jan 9, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Ice Man 42,121
US Marines Mostly Gay (Oct '11) 59 min Mike 2232 42
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Rabbis on the Run 140
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 690,473
Are you like the silver jewelry? 3 hr ssjtv46 1
Charles Mansion Died Last Night 3 hr Paul McCartney is... 8
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 3 hr Paul is dead 3
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Paul is dead 632
More from around the web