Prove there's a god.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585188 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No honey, I'm LAUGHING while watching YOU stomp your cloven hooves.
My race is Caucasian. The religion I was born into is Jewish.
End of story.
Continue to stomp and froth.
You seem to have a strong emotional attachement to your denial of the Jews being a race. I can't really figure out why you would want to deny such a thing, perhaps it's some deeply rooted fear of being singled out because of your race, because of the history of the holocaust or somehting?

The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#585189 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? That's why purses are such a waste. What's in there that you can't live without? Why do you need a sunglasses case? Why 5 lipsticks? Why napkins? Why, why, why?
A wallet is superior because it hold everything needed and let's you go hands free.
:)
Well, I wear Rx glasses, so I do need any eyeglass case to carry my regular glasses around when wearing sunglasses and vice versa.

No- I don't carry 5 lipsticks around- just one at a time.

No- I don't carry napkins around but I do carry tissues- do you really have to ask why or do you think I should just use my sleeve when I have to blow my nose?

Does a wallet carry a comb? Does it carry your keys? Does it carry tissues (though I guess YOU might use your sleeve)......

And I also carry a wallet in my pocketbook.

Pocketbooks are NOT a waste and all the more when most women's clothing has far fewer pockets than does men's clothing.

Are you THAT much of a chauvinist and are you THAT insecure as a man that you have to make a pissing contest between a wallet and a pocketbook?

BTW, my pocketbook DOES allow me to go hands free- it's due to the shoulder strap that comes with the pocketbooks most women use.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585190 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
How is one "ethnically Jewish"?
By partaking in Jewish culture except for religious culture.

That means no god belief - atheism - and usually very little ritual observance, meaning no worship at synogogues.

The rest is optional.

I have known many such Jews. Some go to synagogue on the High Holy Holidays, but it is just a gesture. Some light a menorah on Channukah, or have Passover seders complete with dreidel games. But they are atheists, like atheist Christians celebrating Christmas.

I have known some that keep separate dishes and observe the dietary laws, although that was to please a religious parent. Most irreligious Jews that eat meat eat pork, for example.

Most boys are circumcised, and often bar mitzvahed, although there is no religious significance to these rites for the families. And many wear a Mogen David (not the wine) or a Hebrew chai (not the tea) on a chain.

The most common manifestations of secular Judaism, however, are a tendency to marry and socialize with other Jews, a host of mannerisms and speech idiosyncrasies such as Yiddish words, an affinity for ethnic food (delis, bagels, lox, maybe gefilte fish), ethnic pride (lots of emails about Jewish accomplishments in the world), a cultural emphasis on education, an interest in Israel, and a distrust of Arabs.

Obviously, none of these qualities is always present, but many often are. And if none of those things are present, I wouldn't call a person ethnically Jewish.

Does that sound right, OCB?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585191 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a strong emotional attachement to your denial of the Jews being a race. I can't really figure out why you would want to deny such a thing, perhaps it's some deeply rooted fear of being singled out because of your race, because of the history of the holocaust or somehting?
The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler
You're certifiable.

Jewish is NOT a race. If you think it is, start a campaign so that that is one of the choices on forms where we are asked what our race is.

Now- continue....froth, stomp, froth, stomp, lather, rinse, repeat- ad nauseum.

And the quote you posted yet AGAIN- even YOU should be bored with it by now.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#585192 Jan 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a smoker.
Nonsmokers have a legitimate interest in government protecting themselves and their children from smokers.
[1] We need the government to ban the sale of cigarettes to children. You don't mind, do you?
[2] We need the government to legislate smoke free zones, especially workplaces for health reasons, but also in restaurants just out of common courtesy. Sorry if that inconveniences you.
[3] We need government to tax your smoking. If you just dropped dead at the end, it would be only your concern. But most smoking related illness is chronic disease, sudden cardiac death being the principle exception. But a host of cancers, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, congestive heart failure, and sublethal coronary insufficiency all contribute to huge end-of-life expenditures for years.
I know how you feel about people carrying their own weight when it comes to health care, and would want to pay your own fair share. You do that when you pay taxes on cigarettes.
[4] It is appropriate for government to require warning labels on cigarettes, ban cigarette ads where minors will be exposed to them, and to sponsor anti-smoking education. There is nothing good about cigarette smoking.
Other than that, the government can "butt out" if you like, so to speak.
Government already does all of those things. Here is my issue.In NY a name brand pack of cigs were $13 at a covenience store/gas station last time I was there. At least half of that was taxes. I would like to see government CONFIRM that $6.50 per pack is being used for education and health related issues. My belief is the tax is just another revenue stream for a government addicted to cash. And if everyone quit smoking tomorrow they would announce a "fiscal crisis".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585193 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>NO.
Which don't you understand?

Being addicted to smoking -

Being addicted to religion -

The definition of addiction -

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585194 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? That's why purses are such a waste. What's in there that you can't live without? Why do you need a sunglasses case? Why 5 lipsticks? Why napkins? Why, why, why?
A wallet is superior because it hold everything needed and let's you go hands free.
:)
And what I meant by carrying around things in my pocketbook that I don't need was things like pictures, appt. cards, etc.

BTW, I also carry my CHECKBOOK in my pocketbook.

Location hidden

#585195 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Um.....I don't view abortion as moral or immoral. Not for me to make that decision for anyone other than myself and as I have never faced an unwanted pregnancy, it's a non-issue for me.
So morality has nothing to do with the legal right to choose abortion if that is the choice a woman wants to make- only she can decide for herself if that choice is moral or not- for herself.
No....I find war to not only be immoral, but to be barbaric.
Still, killing in war IS legal, so given that, killing in war cannot LEGALLY be defined as murder.
Is war immoral when fought to defend oneself or to prevent genocide?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585196 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. I told you if telling me "checkmate" made you feel better to have at it.
But you couldn't let it go. Your frothing personality (not that you have much of a personality, but what you do have consists mostly of frothing) wouldn't allow you to let it go.
Why? Because it is YOU who suffers from an inferiority complex (hence, your obsession over what you perceive as the inferiority of blacks) and it is YOU who is insecure and even if you weren't insecure, you would still be the (frothing) fool you are.
Feh.
So that explains why you can't simply do like I do to support your argument and provide verifiable definitions of words or links to articles by leading experts on the subject. Instead you resort to long off point posts of emotionally immature nothingness.

Crime and violence statistics on blacks speak for themselves, argue with the DOJ or FBI who compile them if you want to, not me.
Black IQ being lower than white IQ is an accepted fact. The only thing in dispute is the causation for it. I'm sorry that reality clashes with your desire for a world full of equality but again, this is not my doing or desire, it is what it is and I simply side with the facts. Only cowards like you will deny facts just because they are not to your liking.

Location hidden

#585197 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
By partaking in Jewish culture except for religious culture.
That means no god belief - atheism - and usually very little ritual observance, meaning no worship at synogogues.
The rest is optional.
I have known many such Jews. Some go to synagogue on the High Holy Holidays, but it is just a gesture. Some light a menorah on Channukah, or have Passover seders complete with dreidel games. But they are atheists, like atheist Christians celebrating Christmas.
I have known some that keep separate dishes and observe the dietary laws, although that was to please a religious parent. Most irreligious Jews that eat meat eat pork, for example.
Most boys are circumcised, and often bar mitzvahed, although there is no religious significance to these rites for the families. And many wear a Mogen David (not the wine) or a Hebrew chai (not the tea) on a chain.
The most common manifestations of secular Judaism, however, are a tendency to marry and socialize with other Jews, a host of mannerisms and speech idiosyncrasies such as Yiddish words, an affinity for ethnic food (delis, bagels, lox, maybe gefilte fish), ethnic pride (lots of emails about Jewish accomplishments in the world), a cultural emphasis on education, an interest in Israel, and a distrust of Arabs.
Obviously, none of these qualities is always present, but many often are. And if none of those things are present, I wouldn't call a person ethnically Jewish.
Does that sound right, OCB?
Mogen David wine? When I was a kid we called that stuff Mad Dog 20-20. The bums on the bowery were quite fond of it.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#585198 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I didn't. Unlike YOU and several other posters here, I am HONEST and I HONESTLY stated why I no longer care to pursue that subject.
And even MORE so with a rabid anti-Semite such as you truly are.
You got proved wrong and suddenly didn't want to argue about that, particular point, anymore....

You, who never tire of pointless arguing?

Gotcha.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585199 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
• Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a manger.
Oh, Gawd.... Is that what you've read on some atheist website?

Horus was born to the goddess Isis after she retrieved all the dismembered body parts of her murdered husband Osiris, except his penis which was thrown into the Nile and eaten by a catfish, and used her magic powers to resurrect Osiris and fashion a gold phallus to conceive her son.

Sounds exactly like Jesus, huh?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585200 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You're certifiable.
Jewish is NOT a race. If you think it is, start a campaign so that that is one of the choices on forms where we are asked what our race is.
Now- continue....froth, stomp, froth, stomp, lather, rinse, repeat- ad nauseum.
And the quote you posted yet AGAIN- even YOU should be bored with it by now.
The foot stompling continues....

Race: a group of people sharing common genetic heritage.

Studies Show Jews’ Genetic Similarity

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/science/10j...

How much humiliation can you take? I never saw somone so stubbornly defend their ignorance with such vigor! LOL

Location hidden

#585201 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And what I meant by carrying around things in my pocketbook that I don't need was things like pictures, appt. cards, etc.
BTW, I also carry my CHECKBOOK in my pocketbook.
A CHECKBOOK? Wow soon they will be as hard to find as a pay phone.
Henry

Flöha, Germany

#585202 Jan 9, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, God has no lack nor want as such, so there is no need for Him to form any reciprocal agreement with anyone or any thing.
Secondly, God is understood to possess Omnipresence; so He is necessarily always present.
<quoted text>
Technically, a thing can posses internal harmony, i.e. harmony with(in) itself or harmony between all the parts of itself.
So there CAN be a result of "harmony" in a party of (1).
<quoted text>
So you acknowledge that even with "real" and observable entities, you will face various unreliabilities and risks when investing one's confidence?
There is not any god at all!
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585203 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your concern.
Not to mention I don't bitch, whine, moan and stomp my feet over obeying laws nor do I have a problem doing so.
So strictly from that standpoint, it is against the law to not use a seat belt; it is not against the law to smoke.
You're an idiot.
Where did I write that you bitch, whine, moan and stomp your feet over obeying laws? Where did I write it was against the law to smoke? Why do you go off point and argue against things I never said to begin with? Are you confused or dishonest?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#585204 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There seems to be a mental block in a liberals mind when it comes to the word "earn"...
That's a myth. Most of the liberals I know are or were pretty good earners.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The camel was a joke
The walrus was Paul.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
what the hell did humanity do without government health care in the past? We survived just fine.
The human race would survive even if we mostly all still died at thirty. Some of us want a better life if we can have it.

This is one of the most damaging ideas I hear - "It was good enough for my pappy, it was good enough for me, and dagnabbit, it's good enough for the boy." I saw plenty of that in rural Missouri - "We've always done it this way" - and it's endemic among uneducated Mexicans.

Humanism and progressivism resist such values.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585205 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Spoken like a smoker.
Nonsmokers have a legitimate interest in government protecting themselves and their children from smokers.
[1] We need the government to ban the sale of cigarettes to children. You don't mind, do you?
[2] We need the government to legislate smoke free zones, especially workplaces for health reasons, but also in restaurants just out of common courtesy. Sorry if that inconveniences you.
[3] We need government to tax your smoking. If you just dropped dead at the end, it would be only your concern. But most smoking related illness is chronic disease, sudden cardiac death being the principle exception. But a host of cancers, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, congestive heart failure, and sublethal coronary insufficiency all contribute to huge end-of-life expenditures for years.
I know how you feel about people carrying their own weight when it comes to health care, and would want to pay your own fair share. You do that when you pay taxes on cigarettes.
[4] It is appropriate for government to require warning labels on cigarettes, ban cigarette ads where minors will be exposed to them, and to sponsor anti-smoking education. There is nothing good about cigarette smoking.
Other than that, the government can "butt out" if you like, so to speak.
Spoken like a true anti-smoker (not a non-smoker).

But that's your MO, IANS. Take, take, take... But only from that which you disagree with.

1. I don't mind at all. The current legal age is 18. No prob.

2. "Need" or "want"? You don't need that, you want it. You've got it, too.

3. Another "need", huh? Funny... The cigarette tax, aka sin tax, is a fraud & it's unfair. Where's the sin tax on things like weed, alcohol or cheeseburgers? They don't exist because people like you aren't anti-cheeseburgerers.... You like the smell of weed and the taste of liquor so do the lawmakers. Alcohol kills more people than cigarettes.

4. It's very good to have a smoke after sex. You're wrong.

You " need" the government to do a lot for you, huh?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585206 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your concern.
If you care so little for yourself that you willingly will smoke, why should I be concerned? I'm a big fan of personal freedoms, remember?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#585207 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Um.....I don't view abortion as moral or immoral. Not for me to make that decision for anyone other than myself and as I have never faced an unwanted pregnancy, it's a non-issue for me.
So morality has nothing to do with the legal right to choose abortion if that is the choice a woman wants to make- only she can decide for herself if that choice is moral or not- for herself.
No....I find war to not only be immoral, but to be barbaric.
Still, killing in war IS legal, so given that, killing in war cannot LEGALLY be defined as murder.
So...you're just a foot soldier in the war against the unborn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Brian_G 618,560
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Steve III 44,644
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Steve III 646,384
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min It aint necessari... 48,235
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Brian_G 15
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,563
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr USA-1 38,746
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 182,627
More from around the web