Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#585169 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
But you don't care what the JEWISH experts on genetics have to say... Grow up you insecure fool.
ExpertS??

You posted a couple of links about what a couple of Jewish experts believe.

Go talk to a RABBI- MUCH more expert on Judaism than the few "experts" you came up with.

What's the problem, Pat? You hate Jews as well as blacks and so you need to convince yourself that the majority of Jews are not Caucasian like YOU are?

YOU grow up and learn to let things GO.

Only a CHILD would continue to drive home a point that is a NON-point since Judaism is NOT a separate and distinct race.

And don't quit your day job- your arm chair psychology SUCKS.

Just because I'm not buying the bilge you are pedaling does not translate into me being insecure.

I just can't stand IGNORANT Gentiles who know SO little about Judaism that what you do know wouldn't begin to cover the head of the world's smallest pin.

Feck off.

Go froth your spittle elsewhere.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585170 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Save it to die on another day...
Then be sure to refuse any and all medical treatment that might save your life should you become seriously ill because you're going to die someday anyway.....

You're pathetic.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585172 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh- and the FROTHER doth protest too much, methinks....
You silly impotent pissant frother which you truly are.
The Center For Jewish Genetics...

http://www.jewishgenetics.org/

I bet you are still stomping your feet. Funny how the Jews who run this center can understand what me, the gentile can understand about Jewish genetics but you the self proclaimed Jew can not. That blows that silly bigoted excuse of yours to smithereens now doesn't it?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#585173 Jan 9, 2013
United in faith wrote:
outside sources such as RENOWNED HISTORIANS who wrote documents in history, testify to the fact Jesus was Jesus.
They were biased so of course they wrote something that backed up their own beliefs.

Any person with common sense KNOWS that jesus was fictitious because the SAME EXACT stories about him has been told thousands of years BEFORE jesus was ever written about. So I guess then according to you that jesus must have been thousands of years old when he was "walking" on this planet huh? LOL... You didn't think this through very well did you United in faith? That's rhetorical.

You want to convince me that you're right and that Jesus was "real" then explain how the story of Horus predates the story of jesus by THOUSANDS of years. Does any of this look familiar to you about "jesus"?

• Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a manger.
• His birth was being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
• His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph").
• He was of royal descent.
• At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple.
• A age 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.
• Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.
• He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").
• He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.
• Horus walked on water.
• His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father." He was thus called "Holy Child."
• He delivered a "Sermon on the Mount" and his followers recounted the "Sayings of Iusa."
• Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
• He was crucified between two thieves.
• He was buried for three days in a tomb, and then resurrected.
• He was also called the "Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "God's Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.
• Like Jesus, "Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years."
• Horus fed thousands (5000 to be exact) with just a few loaves of bread.
• Horus was called "the KRST," (pronounced Christ) or "Anointed One."
• He was "the Fisher" and was associated with the Fish ("Ichthys") and the Lamb.

Continued below;

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#585174 Jan 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
I wonder... are there any non-practicing atheists in the room?
Here.

Location hidden

#585175 Jan 9, 2013
Another famous myth of the time where elements of Jesus appears is in the story of Mithras, which predates the story of Jesus by 600 years! Any of these things look familiar to you regarding the "story" of "jesus"?

• Mithra was born on December 25th as an offspring of the Sun.
• Both had virgin births.
• Next to the god Ormuzd, Mithra held the highest rank among the gods of ancient Persia. Next to God, Jesus holds the next highest rank.
• He was represented as a beautiful youth and a mediator.
• He was considered a great traveling teacher.
• He had twelve companions (Jesus had twelve disciples).
• Mithra was called "the good shepherd,” "the way, the truth and the light,”“redeemer,”“savior,”“Me ssiah."
• He was identified with both the lion and the lamb.
• Could also redeem the souls of the dead into heaven.
• Ceremonies included a sort of baptism to remove sins, anointing, and a sacred meal of bread and water, while a consecrated wine, believed to possess wonderful power.
• The mysteries of Mithras, which fell in the spring equinox, were famous even among the many Roman festivals, much like Easter is today among christians.
• Purified themselves by baptism.
• Their conceptions of the world and of the destiny of man were very similar.
• They both believed in the existence of a Heaven inhabited by beatified ones, situated in the upper regions, and of a Hell, peopled by demons, situated in the bowels of the earth.
• They both placed a flood at the beginning of history.
• Both performed the same exact miracles.
• They both believed in the immortality of the soul, in a last judgment, and in a resurrection of the dead.
• They both had disciples which formed an organized church, with a developed hierarchy.
• They both possessed the ideas of Mediation, Atonement, and a Savior, who is human and yet divine, and not only the idea, but a doctrine of the future life.
• They both had a Eucharist or "Lord's Supper."
• They were both buried in a tomb and after three days they both rose again. Their resurrection was (is) celebrated every year.
• They both had the sacred day of Sunday, "the Lord's Day."
• "I am a star which goes with thee and shines out of the depths." - Mithraic saying" - I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star." - Jesus,(Rev. 22:16)
• Both were believed to be mankind's savior.
• Both were known as the Light of the world.

Now one or two similarities I can see, but when you can comprise a long list as shown above, that speaks volumes to the open minded person. When you are a slave to a religion you will ignore these facts but an educated and open minded person sees them as a smoking gun. Go ahead United in faith, pick one, are you going to be open minded about it and admit that jesus was not real, or a slave to what your religion says?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585176 Jan 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a smoker.
Nonsmokers have a legitimate interest in government protecting themselves and their children from smokers.
[1] We need the government to ban the sale of cigarettes to children. You don't mind, do you?
[2] We need the government to legislate smoke free zones, especially workplaces for health reasons, but also in restaurants just out of common courtesy. Sorry if that inconveniences you.
[3] We need government to tax your smoking. If you just dropped dead at the end, it would be only your concern. But most smoking related illness is chronic disease, sudden cardiac death being the principle exception. But a host of cancers, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, congestive heart failure, and sublethal coronary insufficiency all contribute to huge end-of-life expenditures for years.
I know how you feel about people carrying their own weight when it comes to health care, and would want to pay your own fair share. You do that when you pay taxes on cigarettes.
[4] It is appropriate for government to require warning labels on cigarettes, ban cigarette ads where minors will be exposed to them, and to sponsor anti-smoking education. There is nothing good about cigarette smoking.
Other than that, the government can "butt out" if you like, so to speak.
As a smoker myself, I don't disagree with one thing you say here, but you can bet RR will.......
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585177 Jan 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry...
Any reciprocal agreement requires both parties being "present" and approving the agreement before it can be considered effective...or even an agreement at all.
Firstly, God has no lack nor want as such, so there is no need for Him to form any reciprocal agreement with anyone or any thing.

Secondly, God is understood to possess Omnipresence; so He is necessarily always present.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
There can be no result of "harmony" in a party of (1).
Technically, a thing can posses internal harmony, i.e. harmony with(in) itself or harmony between all the parts of itself.

So there CAN be a result of "harmony" in a party of (1).
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
"Believing' you have purchased "OCEANFRONT PROPERTY IN ARIZONA", does NOT make it so...even if you have a signed contract from your minister and paid in full.
So you acknowledge that even with "real" and observable entities, you will face various unreliabilities and risks when investing one's confidence?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#585178 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.(again.) Murder is a legal word used to define that which is illegal killing.
Since abortion is not illegal, it is not murder.
If you insist on defining abortion as murder, you should be including killing in war and killing by death penalty also as murder.
And wrong.(again.) No such thing as an unborn child any more than there is any such thing as an undead corpse, but you may be the one exception to that.
By your definition "war" is also moral.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585179 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>ExpertS??
You posted a couple of links about what a couple of Jewish experts believe.
Go talk to a RABBI- MUCH more expert on Judaism than the few "experts" you came up with.
What's the problem, Pat? You hate Jews as well as blacks and so you need to convince yourself that the majority of Jews are not Caucasian like YOU are?
YOU grow up and learn to let things GO.
Only a CHILD would continue to drive home a point that is a NON-point since Judaism is NOT a separate and distinct race.
And don't quit your day job- your arm chair psychology SUCKS.
Just because I'm not buying the bilge you are pedaling does not translate into me being insecure.
I just can't stand IGNORANT Gentiles who know SO little about Judaism that what you do know wouldn't begin to cover the head of the world's smallest pin.
Feck off.
Go froth your spittle elsewhere.
Another emotionally stunted display of your inferiority complex and refusal to admit you were wrong. You are not disagreeing with me you are disagreeing with Dr. Ostrer

Dr. Harry Ostrer - He is a Professor of Pathology and Genetics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University and Director of Genetic and Genomic Testing at Montefiore Medical Center. For the prior 21 years he was Professor of Pediatrics, Pathology and Medicine and Director of the Human Genetics Program at New York University School of Medicine.

Dr. Ostrer has received awards from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, Skin Cancer Foundation and Weizmann Institute of Science. In October, 2010, he was named to the Forward 50 list of “people who have made an imprint in the past year on the ways in which American Jews view the world and relate to each other.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Ostrer

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585180 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The Center For Jewish Genetics...
http://www.jewishgenetics.org/
I bet you are still stomping your feet. Funny how the Jews who run this center can understand what me, the gentile can understand about Jewish genetics but you the self proclaimed Jew can not. That blows that silly bigoted excuse of yours to smithereens now doesn't it?
No honey, I'm LAUGHING while watching YOU stomp your cloven hooves.

My race is Caucasian. The religion I was born into is Jewish.

End of story.

Continue to stomp and froth.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585181 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Another emotionally stunted display of your inferiority complex and refusal to admit you were wrong. You are not disagreeing with me you are disagreeing with Dr. Ostrer
Dr. Harry Ostrer - He is a Professor of Pathology and Genetics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University and Director of Genetic and Genomic Testing at Montefiore Medical Center. For the prior 21 years he was Professor of Pediatrics, Pathology and Medicine and Director of the Human Genetics Program at New York University School of Medicine.
Dr. Ostrer has received awards from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation, Skin Cancer Foundation and Weizmann Institute of Science. In October, 2010, he was named to the Forward 50 list of “people who have made an imprint in the past year on the ways in which American Jews view the world and relate to each other.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Ostrer
Stomp. Froth. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. And repeat and repeat and repeat.

You've got it down to a science, Pat.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585182 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>As a smoker myself, I don't disagree with one thing you say here, but you can bet RR will.......
Smoking.... if anything were an IQ test that is. Yet you will argue the virtues of seat belt laws? I guess you want to make sure that you don't die in a car wreck before you can enjoy the experience of lung cancer or emphysema.

Location hidden

#585183 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>As a smoker myself,
If you're a smoker then you should be able to understand how someone could be addicted to religion, right?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585184 Jan 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>By your definition "war" is also moral.
Um.....I don't view abortion as moral or immoral. Not for me to make that decision for anyone other than myself and as I have never faced an unwanted pregnancy, it's a non-issue for me.

So morality has nothing to do with the legal right to choose abortion if that is the choice a woman wants to make- only she can decide for herself if that choice is moral or not- for herself.

No....I find war to not only be immoral, but to be barbaric.

Still, killing in war IS legal, so given that, killing in war cannot LEGALLY be defined as murder.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585185 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It's often been said that for women, the ultimate purse is her car- LOL!!!
I can sort of attest to that; while like my pocketbook is not cluttered, either is my car, but both contain items I don't need to carry around with me.
LOL!
I know, right? That's why purses are such a waste. What's in there that you can't live without? Why do you need a sunglasses case? Why 5 lipsticks? Why napkins? Why, why, why?

A wallet is superior because it hold everything needed and let's you go hands free.

:)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585186 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking.... if anything were an IQ test that is. Yet you will argue the virtues of seat belt laws? I guess you want to make sure that you don't die in a car wreck before you can enjoy the experience of lung cancer or emphysema.
Thanks for your concern.

Not to mention I don't bitch, whine, moan and stomp my feet over obeying laws nor do I have a problem doing so.

So strictly from that standpoint, it is against the law to not use a seat belt; it is not against the law to smoke.

You're an idiot.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585187 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>If you're a smoker then you should be able to understand how someone could be addicted to religion, right?
NO.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585188 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No honey, I'm LAUGHING while watching YOU stomp your cloven hooves.
My race is Caucasian. The religion I was born into is Jewish.
End of story.
Continue to stomp and froth.
You seem to have a strong emotional attachement to your denial of the Jews being a race. I can't really figure out why you would want to deny such a thing, perhaps it's some deeply rooted fear of being singled out because of your race, because of the history of the holocaust or somehting?

The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585189 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? That's why purses are such a waste. What's in there that you can't live without? Why do you need a sunglasses case? Why 5 lipsticks? Why napkins? Why, why, why?
A wallet is superior because it hold everything needed and let's you go hands free.
:)
Well, I wear Rx glasses, so I do need any eyeglass case to carry my regular glasses around when wearing sunglasses and vice versa.

No- I don't carry 5 lipsticks around- just one at a time.

No- I don't carry napkins around but I do carry tissues- do you really have to ask why or do you think I should just use my sleeve when I have to blow my nose?

Does a wallet carry a comb? Does it carry your keys? Does it carry tissues (though I guess YOU might use your sleeve)......

And I also carry a wallet in my pocketbook.

Pocketbooks are NOT a waste and all the more when most women's clothing has far fewer pockets than does men's clothing.

Are you THAT much of a chauvinist and are you THAT insecure as a man that you have to make a pissing contest between a wallet and a pocketbook?

BTW, my pocketbook DOES allow me to go hands free- it's due to the shoulder strap that comes with the pocketbooks most women use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Mr Wiggley 64,637
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min HipGnosis 183,220
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min mpetershat 654,425
Jessica Fellers in Clinton TN 41 min Newport30 1
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 55 min Hyunkle 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 56 min MUQ2 45,288
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 504
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr Banonator 106,610
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,954
More from around the web