“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#584779 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
HEHEHEHE is right.
most of those atheists act like animals because they truly believe they evolved from apes and monkeys.......
No we don't.

We know it.

And it wasn't from monkeys.

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#584780 Jan 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That can be changed. There's a reason they're called "amendments." They can be amended themselves.
No, I don't expect gun people to cede an inch. I remember your words: "We don't care how you feel about it because it is beyond contestation." http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
How can we work with such an indifferent and uncooperative attitude except to take the same attitude ourselves?
N/P cuz stay down there where you are.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584781 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
Santa was never a real person....
Either was jesus.
Jesus has been proven as a very real person who lived and did all that the MANY eye witteness wrote about.
You mean all of the same imaginary eye witnesses in the same made up story? How convenient..
you will not find such documents of ancient and sacrad writings on santa claus.
Using your "logic" maybe they just haven't been discovered yet. Maybe one of Santas "disciples" betrayed him and hid it.
Jesus healed people, raised people from the dead, died for the sins of the world, and was seen by over 500 people after He rose from the tomb.
So did Horus and Mithras that predated jesus by hundreds of years. Yeah, that just happened.

“God of War”

Location hidden

#584782 Jan 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell IS an asshat?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/zoom.php...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584783 Jan 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell IS an asshat?
Much like you, I think he's more of an assclown wearing an asshat.

" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... ;

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#584784 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we sort of follow Jesus' teachings.
Jesus was a bleeding heart liberal, as I am.
Just on social issues Catcher..........

I highly doubt Jesus was a tax and spend, big government kinda guy..........
Pat

Granby, CT

#584785 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- it should still be illegal and with good reason.
Your body could become a projectile that goes through your windshield and can endanger the lives of others who you SHARE the road with.
How often has that ever happened? I have never once heard of a case of someone being injured by a person ejected from a vehicle and if your logic rang true, motorcyclists would be required to wear seatbelts for they are far more likely to be thrown through the air than a person in a car.

“God of War”

Location hidden

#584786 Jan 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by "security"?
Have police sub stations very near every school or security in them.
I see a need not a want, the kids need some sort of protection
they deserve some sort of protection.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#584787 Jan 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we sort of follow Jesus' teachings.
Jesus was a bleeding heart liberal, as I am.
Jesus would have wanted you to give to the needy, He definately wouldn't have wanted you to give to the government so they could waste 2/3 while giving the needy 1/3..........

There is a story in the bible also of someone who couldnt afford it gave to someone less fortunate That persons contribution was rewarded far more then the rich mans..........

The moral to that story is everyone can contribute.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584788 Jan 8, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just on social issues Catcher..........
I highly doubt Jesus was a tax and spend, big government kinda guy..........
What is more "social" than people needing social assistance?

Do you think that Jesus would want children to be chronically hungry?

Do you think that Jesus would want people to have no choice but to live in their cars?

Do you think that Jesus would want people to not be able to afford or access much needed health care?

“God of War”

Location hidden

#584789 Jan 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to live in an apartment next to a guy who owned guns.
He showed me his pride and joy one day. A semiautomatic pistol-I forget what exactly-but he also showed me some "custom" rounds he had made for it.
He drilled out some hollow points, put in a few grains of smokeless powder and sealed it in with a primer. He kept that in place with wax.
A couple of weeks after he showed me, he accidentaly fired one through his window into the, fortunately, brick building next door.
It could have just as easily been into MY apartment.
He was sane, too.
In most respects, anyway.
If you live in a city of more than 250,000 you place yourself at risk, statistically speaking. Maybe you should move to the rural areas?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584790 Jan 8, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oOGq_1710U4XX
every law is a gun... pointed at you.
Yeah...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_ (logic)"

...a water gun.

“God of War”

Location hidden

#584791 Jan 8, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but that is a tad offensive.. I adhere to the non-aggression principle and I don't like being profiled.

Could be , but we gotta give somewhere , doing nothing isn't going to stop it either. Mental heath screening isn't really offensive to me. Not as offensive as imposing a 200 dollar fee to register every gun in the US anyway.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584792 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How often has that ever happened? I have never once heard of a case of someone being injured by a person ejected from a vehicle and if your logic rang true, motorcyclists would be required to wear seatbelts for they are far more likely to be thrown through the air than a person in a car.
I honestly don't know, but I'm sure there is info/stats that could be googled.

I am quite sure it has happened- just don't have the inclination or time right now to research it but I have heard of it happening.

Like an innocent person being killed is one innocent person too many, even just one driver flying through the windshield and endangering others on the road is one driver too many.

Even if it never happened, it could- that IS a fact. This is a perfect example of an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure.

What you say about motorcyclists and seat belts- I think that's not a bad idea at all and might actually be a very good one.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584793 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well It was repeated many times that people knew Adam was crazy, same with the others but more subtle. There has to be a way to recognize these people before its too late.
http://thebluereview.org/i-am-adam-lanzas-mot...
That's the problem, people are looking for a "has to be" instead of a "what is."

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#584794 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So then it should not be illegal for me to not wear a seat belt when I drive alone then right?
I don't know about where you live but here it is illegal, which is hard to prove except if you are in an accident after which you are not able to do up your belt and the police find you were unbelted. I recall having this discussion years ago, and a woman was telling us of a time she was driving a van and she had lost control of the vehicle due to another vehicle cutting her off (or something happened) and she found herself thrown against the back door of the cargo van, when she was suppose to be in the driver's seat and the vehicle was still moving.

Had she been wearing her belt it might have kept her in the seat, and she could have recovered her loss of control of the vehicle.

Another reason it is enforced is that injuries in collisions are usually (with some exceptions) less when people are belted in, which the insurance companies want, and so with the power they have, to keep their costs down, they want you belted in.

When seat belts were first installed in vehicles, before they became mandatory, I once thought they were a nuisance and just got in the way, but after getting into the habit of wearing them for so long now, I don't feel like I can drive unless I do up my belt (sort of an unconscious feeling that I might fall off the seat or something). Kind of like not taking off in an airplane without the belt buckled.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#584795 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you live in a city of more than 250,000 you place yourself at risk, statistically speaking. Maybe you should move to the rural areas?
I did.

It was either that or buy a gun.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584796 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, just because motorcyclists do not wear seat belts does not invalidate the logic of those driving cars wearing them.

“God of War”

Location hidden

#584797 Jan 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem, people are looking for a "has to be" instead of a "what is."
Not sure I understand you there?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#584798 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
well now you are just going off the deep end with this retarded nonscense.
Santa was never a real person.... and certainly not a deity from God.
Jesus has been proven as a very real person who lived and did all that the MANY eye witteness wrote about. PLUS non religious historians of that time in history, and shortly after wrote historical records such as the 'Antiquities' FOR ONE, colaborating the fact Jesus of Nazerath was indeed a real part of history.
you will not find such documents of ancient and sacrad writings on santa claus.
Jesus healed people, raised people from the dead, died for the sins of the world, and was seen by over 500 people after He rose from the tomb.
So, anyone who compares Christ to santa or to anyone is just blowing hot air out their claptrap.
Patty, you are unbelievable. How many thousands of times have you made that very same statement on Topix now? I am guessing 10,000 to 20,000. There is absolutely zero proof of anything that you stated in that post. That is not proof they didn't happen, but your statement that it has been proved is false.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min RADEKT 269,100
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 24 min collen 49
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 35 min Rahul kamdi 54
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Qu_innocence 608,301
Koi gay sex ke liye hai Lucknow mien (Feb '14) 53 min gay love 14
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Loveismygoal 1,018
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 1 hr Saint Leonards 52
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 574,556
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 9 hr busted 165
More from around the web