Prove there's a god.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585018 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You are attempting to compare national with a religion and in no way, shape or form is Jewish a nationality.
Where have I done this? Provide the quote where I said Jew means a nationality. I said the word Jew describes both a race AND a religious sect.
Ones nationality may be Italian because they were born in Italy but that does not make their genes Italian. I have NEVER brought up nationality.

So if your very same parents were outspoken atheists at the time of your birth would be a Jew yes or no?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#585019 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
And many people do all they can to earn the basics in life and still can't do so and again- often through no fault of their own. Not always through no fault of their own, but all too often enough.
Then we'll need more government employees to oversee who is getting how much social aid & whether or not they should.

Example: My POS ex-wife gets food stamps - even though I have the kids full time & I've told them that she doesn't have the kids but about 40 hours a week. They did nothing, just like her. No job and not even looking for a job. No physical problems, just f_ckin lazy.

And your handouts are her co-dependants.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585020 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they were.
Really? So when an INFANT is baptized into Christianity, they were already TAUGHT they were Christians?
All infants are atheists for they have no idea, let alone a belief in god.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585021 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
No- you typed "in" their camels by MISTAKE or else yet another attempt of you joking failing miserably- nothing new there.
Really "dad"? There were no cars when your Jesus lived?
Gee- thanks! I didn't know that...<MAJOR eye roll here....>
No I did't. You asked if Jesus would want people to live in their cars, I said He'd sant them to live in their camels.

Humor evades you. All kinds of humor.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#585022 Jan 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's both. The basis of messianic prophecy is genetic, i.e., "Abraham's seed".
"Judaism is not a race

Judaism is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry. For instance, Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews are both "Jewish." However, whereas Ashkenazi Jews often hail from Europe, Sephardic Jews often hail from the Middle East. People of many different races have become Jewish over the centuries.

Judaism is both a cultural and religious identity

Being Jewish means that you are part of the Jewish people, whether because you were born into a Jewish home and culturally identify as Jewish or because you practice the Jewish religion (or both).

Cultural Judaism includes things such as Jewish foods, customs and rituals. For instance, many people are born into Jewish homes and are raised eating blintzes and lighting shabbat candles, but never step foot inside a synagogue. A Jewish identity is automatically bestowed on babies of Jewish mothers (according to Orthodox and Conservative Judaism) and of Jewish mothers or fathers (according to Reform Judaism).

**********This Jewish identity stays with them throughout life even if they don't actively practice Judaism.*********

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/b...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#585023 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
Gee- thanks! I didn't know that...<MAJOR eye roll here....>
Nope- I don't think people should get FREE medical care. I think they should get AFFORDABLE and ACCESSIBLE medical care.
hmmm.... And for those, what 20%, of Americans that don't have jobs - how will they afford affordable healthcare?

Those lazy f_ck, federally subsidized a-holes that would rather get welfare than a job?

Those?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585024 Jan 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I really dont see the point in discussing the "proof of God" with any more.

There are ways to question the reality of the very soil that people walk on, so there is no shortage of ways to question the reality of God.

There is evidence to support the existence of the potentials attributed to God.

But even when a person sees God 'face to face', they can choose to see Him as something else.

There is no shortage of evidence to support the influence of the potentials associated with God on the natural world: there is evidence to support the existence of Omnipotence, Omnipresence and Omniscience.

You use science to justify your disbelief; I will continue to use science to justify my belief.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585025 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
... I think I know what those people want...
Mmmmmmmm hm.

IANS for president, right?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585026 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I done this? Provide the quote where I said Jew means a nationality. I said the word Jew describes both a race AND a religious sect.
Ones nationality may be Italian because they were born in Italy but that does not make their genes Italian. I have NEVER brought up nationality.
So if your very same parents were outspoken atheists at the time of your birth would be a Jew yes or no?
Then why do you keep using Italian and Irish as a comparison to Jews?

Yes- by talking about Italians and Irish you DID bring up nationality, since both Italian and Irish ARE nationalities.

Yes- had my parents been atheists when I was born they would have been non-practicing Jews.

"I'm a non-believing Jew but my son wants a barmitzvah

Annabel Wright and her husband are atheists. The idea of raising their children within her lapsed Jewish faith had never occurred to them. So what to do when their 12-year-old son searched his soul and suddenly got religion?."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/a...

"My mum is a non-practicing Jew, am I still Jewish?

achel: My mum is jewish, but not practicing. I am told this means I am jewish. Is that correct?

Mrs. Shaffer: if her mother is Jewish, then she is Jewish, and you are Jewish :)

Mrs. Shaffer: practicing or not...Jewishness is yours :)

Rachel: Even if they know less about judaism than the next guy on the street?

Mrs. Shaffer: yup :)

Mrs. Shaffer: it is who you are....it is your identity....it's your soul"

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/174,195604...

Pat- I truly am tired of this topic.

I can no more better explain to you or anyone else who isn't Jewish what it means to be Jewish on the many levels that makes one a Jew any more than I could aptly describe the color blue to someone who was born blind from birth.

No disrespect to you intended regarding you being a Gentile; it's just an issue that is not easily explained to those who weren't born into the Jewish religion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585027 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I did't. You asked if Jesus would want people to live in their cars, I said He'd sant them to live in their camels.
Humor evades you. All kinds of humor.
Nope. I have a GREAT sense of humor, but of course, something has to be funny in order for it to be humorous.

99% of the time you attempt to be humorous, you fall flat on your face.

If that is your idea of humor, you're even more clueless than I already knew you to be.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585028 Jan 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm.... And for those, what 20%, of Americans that don't have jobs - how will they afford affordable healthcare?
Those lazy f_ck, federally subsidized a-holes that would rather get welfare than a job?
Those?
They won't. They'll continue to get treated at free health care clinics or if you had your way, they'll just DROP DEAD.

Then we tax payers can foot the TRULY big bill of paying to support their surviving children.

Happy now?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#585029 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure. No problema is right.
You realize, of course, that I can accomplish exactly as much or as little from this distance as I could living in the States. What I am doing now is exactly what I did in Missouri - exchanging ideas mostly with other American - liberal, secularist ideas.
As for doing it from Mexico, you probably know that I'd much rather be here. The economy, weather and culture are very friendly.
And the Mexicans like having us. We're really a boon to their communities and local economies. We not only pour millions into their economy and and their treasury, but being retired, many of us are volunteers and teachers.
So,with your blessings, I'll continue to give the Mexicans my money and service, and I'll continue to give Americans my liberal and secular opinions about their church and government.
Deal?
May God have mercy on the poor Mexicans.

There is a reason why Jesu(s) said "no man shall be saved by their good works", you know.

Good works necessarily proceed evil ones, because men will not accept evil if it comes presumptuously.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585030 Jan 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That she's mental.
Here, you dumb Cunny:

Annabel Wright and her husband are atheists. The idea of raising their children within her lapsed Jewish faith had never occurred to them. So what to do when their 12-year-old son searched his soul and suddenly got religion?."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/a ...

achel: My mum is jewish, but not practicing. I am told this means I am jewish. Is that correct?

Mrs. Shaffer: if her mother is Jewish, then she is Jewish, and you are Jewish :)

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/174,195604 ...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#585031 Jan 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's both. The basis of messianic prophecy is genetic, i.e., "Abraham's seed".
Then, in that case it looks like yer all "Indians" then.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585032 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judaism is not a race
Judaism is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry. For instance, Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews are both "Jewish." However, whereas Ashkenazi Jews often hail from Europe, Sephardic Jews often hail from the Middle East.
So, if both Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews share the very same religion then the distinction you are making between them here is a racial one. All you are doing here is proving that genetically related groups of people (races) can be defined even further and with greater detail thanks to the study of dna.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585033 Jan 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That she's mental.
Links didn't work because I copied and pasted them from another post of mine, so here ya go, you dumb Cunny:

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585034 Jan 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for others but I hold life very dear. I also respect wisdom, common sense and education. I think most people are hostile toward religious people because they are willing to waste their life away for nothing, and they flaunt their lack of education on the topic and have no common sense.
how dare you PRESUME to know what others hold as value and worth in their life concerning faith in God.

IF you respected wisdom then you would appreciate the FACT that the bible is FULL of wisdom. where does your 'common sense' come into play when considering how life came to be.

there are MANY very educated people in this world who are people of faith. Insulting people because they love God is probley most telling sign of insecurity and unhappiness.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#585035 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if both Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews share the very same religion then the distinction you are making between them here is a racial one. All you are doing here is proving that genetically related groups of people (races) can be defined even further and with greater detail thanks to the study of dna.
It explained why Judaism is NOT a race.

That is NOT a racial distinction- it is a GEOGRAPHICAL one.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#585036 Jan 9, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then why do you keep using Italian and Irish as a comparison to Jews?
Yes- by talking about Italians and Irish you DID bring up nationality, since both Italian and Irish ARE nationalities.
Yes- had my parents been atheists when I was born they would have been non-practicing Jews.
"I'm a non-believing Jew but my son wants a barmitzvah
Pat- I truly am tired of this topic.
I can no more better explain to you or anyone else who isn't Jewish what it means to be Jewish on the many levels that makes one a Jew any more than I could aptly describe the color blue to someone who was born blind from birth.
No disrespect to you intended regarding you being a Gentile; it's just an issue that is not easily explained to those who weren't born into the Jewish religion.
"Yes- by talking about Italians and Irish you DID bring up nationality, since both Italian and Irish ARE nationalities."

But they are also ethnic groups and since that is what we were discussing it is disengenous of you to pretend to be confused about it. Why are you so dishonest? Even proud Americans of Italian ethnicity who accept their nationality as American understand they are still ethnic Italians.

"I can no more better explain to you or anyone else who isn't Jewish what it means to be Jewish on the many levels that makes one a Jew any more than I could aptly describe the color blue to someone who was born blind from birth."

I am color blind? That is about the most bigoted ignorant statement a desperate fool like you could possibly make. Congratulations. Now describe the quality that your ethnicity provides to you to comprehend things that non Jews can't. Is it GENETIC? LOL

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#585037 Jan 9, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist will admit to not knowing things that are not known, a dishonest theist will just attribute these unknown things to their imaginary god. Like I said, your god is your ignorance.
There is no evidence for god, you know it and I know it so you can stop lying now. If there were evidence, the existence of god would be a matter of fact not a matter of faith.
"it takes far more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a believer in God."
Does it also take far more faith to not believe in aliens on Pluto then it does to believe in aliens on Pluto? God is nothing but a substitute for your malfunctioning brain. You are a dishonest death denier, a coward like every other theist who refuses to face their own mortality honestly.
what? atheists don't admit to simply 'not knowing' they promote evolution, the big bang, etc etc etc as the reason for creation and life.

ignoring evidence is not honest, it is cowardly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 29,625
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 min Johnny 4,767
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Holy Commandment... 43,893
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min nanoanomaly 617,959
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min New Age Spiritual... 637,868
Play "end of the word" part 2 11 min ImFree2Choose 1,457
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 16 min Jersey Devil 3,701
More from around the web