is really gross. Strawberries or orange juice
helps. Fruit. Vitamins. Tylenol.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584836 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Seat belts have saved 267,890 lives. More than a quarter million. I agree that the elderly shouldn't drive but they are not more of a risk than 267,890.
It depends upon the elderly person driving. Some people in their 70s and up drive very well; others do not.

However, the same could be said of ANY age group, and frankly, I find those who text while driving- no matter their age- to be much more of a potential threat not only to their own safety but to my safety as well and to the safety of others on the road and I basically see no difference or that there is less of a safety risk between those who text while driving and those who drive drunk.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#584837 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Garlic.
Hot whiskey.

Lemon, cloves and brown sugar or honey.

Can also be taken recreationally.
Forum carlsbad nm

Lovington, NM

#584838 Jan 8, 2013
DWI in Carlbad has Skulls has their motto.
It is satanic. Makes us ill.
Scares the kids. They should start cars with
breath analyzers. If they are drunk the car
won't start.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584839 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It depends upon the elderly person driving. Some people in their 70s and up drive very well; others do not.
Yes it does, but I firmly believe that after 70 yrs old each person should be tested at least for their reactions time, and eye sight.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584840 Jan 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hot whiskey.
My all time fave hot drink with some kick to it:

Orange juice
A little water
One or two tea bags
A little sugar
A cinnamon stick or two
A few cloves
Lemon slices

Heat it up on the stove until just boiling, remove tea bags and cloves (leave the cinnamon sticks and lemon slices), and then pour it over some brandy- I prefer apricot brandy, but any flavor or no flavor at all will do nicely.

Doesn't make a cold go away, but it sure does make you care a lot less- LOL!

And a perfect beverage for a cold, wintery night!

Location hidden

#584841 Jan 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hot whiskey.
Brown sugar would feed a virus, not harm it. Both lemon and vinegar would only work topically (gargle for a sore throat) but once they passed the digestive system they would not be effective. The only other thing that has shown to work (other than garlic) is white wine.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584842 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does, but I firmly believe that after 70 yrs old each person should be tested at least for their reactions time, and eye sight.
Well, definitely for eye sight but not sure how they would test for reaction time, but I'm sure it could be done.

It's quite ridiculous here in Florida- I don't know about other states- but here you get a license good for 6 years and you can renew by mail and don't need to go to a DMV office.

I don't know if the requirements are different for seniors, but they should be so that at least an eye test is completed before renewal of licenses.

However, who is to say that the eyesight of a FORTY year old is up to par for driving?
endtime

AOL

#584843 Jan 8, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Pat

East Granby, CT

#584844 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Seat belts have saved 267,890 lives. More than a quarter million. I agree that the elderly shouldn't drive but they are not more of a risk than 267,890.
The potentil risk of you to OTHERS is whatw e were discussing.... How many of the 267,000 were saved just because someone else was wearing a seat belt?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#584845 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Luckily, I have a bit of a ways to go before I turn 70.
I imagine the same could be said regarding the risk of drivers who are in their teens.
Or drivers who text while driving, who talk on cell phones while driving, etc.
Not to mention the risk of those who drive drunk.
At any rate, just because there may be other risks, that doesn't mean it makes sense to risk driving without a seat belt.
Seat belts do save lives- that has been proven.
I can't control the actions of others on the road; I can only control my own.
And within my control is the ability to drive as safely as possible and not just for my benefit but for the benefit of others. Part of what is within my control to drive as safely as possible is that of wearing a seat belt.
I have absolutely no problem or issue with doing so.
I am not arguing that seat belts don't save lives of those who wear them. I am saying having a law to make me wear it is wrong. Trying to protect me from myself is wrong and especially hypocritical when I can get in my car, put on my seat belt and go to the liquor store and buy a fifth of scotch and a carton of cigarettes. Am I better of dying of liver or lung disease than I am in a car wreck?

Location hidden

#584846 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
not sure how they would test for reaction time, but I'm sure it could be done.
Easily...

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiont...
who is to say that the eyesight of a FORTY year old is up to par for driving?
The risk of eye disease goes up as you get older.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584847 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not arguing that seat belts don't save lives of those who wear them. I am saying having a law to make me wear it is wrong. Trying to protect me from myself is wrong and especially hypocritical when I can get in my car, put on my seat belt and go to the liquor store and buy a fifth of scotch and a carton of cigarettes. Am I better of dying of liver or lung disease than I am in a car wreck?
I can see your point, and I see the principle you are talking about, but when all is said and done, I don't think having to wear a seat belt is a big deal.

And I've gotten very used to them and am more comfortable with them than without.

Let's say that tomorrow they revoked the law and said you didn't have to wear a seat belt and there would be no possible legal penalty for not doing so.

Me? I'd still wear it. I didn't before it became law, but then again, having been in NYC most of my life, I wasn't doing much driving and was only a passenger in cabs, buses and subways for the most part.

Anyway, it's nothing I can get worked up about, though I do see your point.

And still and all, you not wearing a seat belt can be a potential risk to not only any passengers you might have but to others on the road as well.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584848 Jan 8, 2013
Don't know if it's Topix or my computer- but I'm having a problem when I hit "reply"- page keeps timing out....whatever-

Anyway, to Mylar-

Yes, eye disease does get worse as we age, but eyesight also gets worse as we age. Not for all of us, but for a lot of us.

And thanks for the link!
flup

Christchurch, New Zealand

#584849 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be worshiping gravity or something?
I would worship it with you, but it always brings me down.
It also keeps your liquor down. Otherwise, you'd be chucking up this mornings breakfast (hee-hee!!).
flup

#584850 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>So in actuality, all you christians are praying to an impoverished old man?
Well, He may not be impoverished, but He certainly is old........VERY old (Leviticus 19:32).

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584851 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
Don't know if it's Topix or my computer- but I'm having a problem when I hit "reply"- page keeps timing out....whatever-
Anyway, to Mylar-
Yes, eye disease does get worse as we age, but eyesight also gets worse as we age. Not for all of us, but for a lot of us.
And thanks for the link!
Looks like a possible upgrade, maintenance, or some script kiddy doing a DDOS.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#584852 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text> Easily...
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiont...
<quoted text>The risk of eye disease goes up as you get older.
shhhhh...
flup

#584853 Jan 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up. It is all explained....& the answer isn't "godunnit".
HEY!! BT42!! Great to hear from ya, man!! You remember me fromm my old username, Rudeness. Unfortunately, we're on opposite sides of the fence on this one, bro. Good to see ya!!

Since: Sep 10

United States

#584854 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
Anyway, to Mylar-
And thanks for the link!
Moi aussi, or characters are missing....

Trying to reply to Rider. No way Jesus would be a Republican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Pinkwater 110,146
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 min Ancestry manager 6,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jolly Roger 286,304
News Hawaiians to Attorney General Sessions: We're n... 1 hr Trump s Birtherex... 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Phooey 675,539
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr True Gods Child 46,191
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,082
More from around the web