Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#584683 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Here is how Hitler disarmed Germany starting with the Jewish and then any political opponents.
It started with a national registration.
http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/article-nazila...
Nothing about the Nazi experience started with gun registration. Before that was the election of Hitler by a decadent German society. Before that was a World War and a humiliating peace treaty. Before that was a young Austrian boy raised in Catholicism, and under the influence of the decadent weltanschauung of interbellum Germany resulting from the influence of men like by Luther and Nietzsche:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_an...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_to_power

Besides, it's a new era. Arguments for guns that involve defending oneself from the government are pretty outdated. Ask David Koresh, or the Weaver family at Ruby Ridge.

I'm not saying that the government isn't potentially a threat, just that you can't defend yourself against it with guns. So why should you have them?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#584684 Jan 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he wanted freedom for Germany and Austria from what he saw as the killers of his christ
Is that like the national registration you want for school children who don’t meet your standard? Hypocrisy or what?
Christine you will never find a compliant America giving up the second amendment, it will never happen. What do you suppose we do ?
There were warning signs with all the school shooters and they were all ignored. We can't ignore them anymore. It is not intrusion or a national registration it is only paying our youth more attention to their needs. If someone would have done that with Adam we wouldn't be talking about it now.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584685 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say she could be described as *a professional arguer.
I can't think of anyone who would be stupid enough to pay her to argue a point for them.

Fennario

#584686 Jan 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A little OT (ok. A LOT OT), but quite a few years back I hurt my back.(no pun intended)
I ended up going to a chiropractor. At the time I carried one of those biker wallets with a chain on it. I was always paranoid about it falling out when I was riding. Naturally, it got pretty thick as I accumulated various junk in it.
She x-rayed my back (without the wallet in my pocket) and showed me how my hips were forced into an angle and how it had curved my spine to the side instead of being nice and straight. The first thing she told me was to ditch the wallet. Since then, I carry my essentials (money, credit card, license, etc.) in my front pocket, and now my spine is nice and straight, like it should be.
When I was teaching ergonomics at work, I relayed this in every one of my training presentations. Many people took the advice and saw their back problems disappear. Some just couldn't live without their fat wallets in their back pocket.
You might be aware that that was covered on Seinfeld:

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#584687 Jan 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always......
hehehe
HEHEHEHE is right.
most of those atheists act like animals because they truly believe they evolved from apes and monkeys.......

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#584688 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> BS Ians, basic laws are what we make to stop the things that we consider morally wrong.
.. in the past, the Supreme Court has ruled the 14th Amendment guarantees personal choice and that discrimination laws cannot be mandated based on moral grounds ..

.. Wade -vs- Roe is a perfect example ..

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584689 Jan 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be aware that that was covered on Seinfeld:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yoPf98i8A0gXX
That's what Aero and I were discussing just this morning- meaning that is what Aero's post was referring to.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584690 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where Obama wants the government to own private business.
Health care IS a right, RR. Perhaps not a legal right- though there is that too in that hospitals can't turn away even the most indigent of folks- but access to affordable and decent health care IS a MORAL right, RR- but no worries, given how lacking you are in morality, I can't say I'm surprised you don't see it that way.
Nah....much better for American citizens to develop diseases and illnesses that could be cured or treated with medicine, but better to deny them that treatment if they're too poor to afford it and instead to just let them drop dead.... in THE self-proclaimed richest country in the world with some of THE very best health care out there.....
Anyhoo....do tell exactly what businesses Obama wants the government to own.
And do NOT say health insurance, for the national health care plan will NOT put private insurers out of business nor will the government take them over.
Sorry, but health insurers get away with MURDER- and I don't mean that only 100% figuratively.
To deny people insurance because of pre-existing conditions (just one example) is something they should not be allowed to do and won't be allowed to do any longer.
and who is going to pay for that 'free' health care that you think is a right?

Fennario

#584691 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
What I find about so many of the "Seinfeld" episodes is that at least in part, I could relate many of the episodes to much that takes place IRL. And your experience with an overstuffed wallet is just one of many examples in which I found how the show often did mirror real life. Comedic genius making that show the success it was was just one of the reasons it was so successful. Again, glad to hear that your problem got solved and that unlike George, it wasn't due to all the contents of your wallet just flying off into the wind!
:-)
You beat me to it.

Yes, Seinfeld does mirror real life. It is much for useful for navigating it than that ancient bible, which has zero relevance today.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584692 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
HEHEHEHE is right.
most of those atheists act like animals because they truly believe they evolved from apes and monkeys.......
Wrong. No one who understands what evolution means think we evolved from apes and monkeys.

That is what people like you who don't have a clue as to what evolution is think it means. That is how you erroneously define evolution.

As far as acting like animals, that is quite an insult to animals, for in many ways, non-humans animals conduct themselves in a much more civilized manner than we human animals often do.

I know, I know....you'll go off about non-human animals flinging their poop at each other- that's your stock answer as to why you refuse to accept that humans are animals as well.....

Anyway, here's some basic info for you regarding evolution and the link as well:

"1. Did we evolve from monkeys?
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#584693 Jan 8, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. in the past, the Supreme Court has ruled the 14th Amendment guarantees personal choice and that discrimination laws cannot be mandated based on moral grounds ..
.. Wade -vs- Roe is a perfect example ..
Moral vs moral personal morality vs state sanctioned morality.
Personal liberty takes presidence.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#584694 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect you Christine and your opinion. I know we have a problem and I feel for the victims of these senseless crimes.
We just disagree on how we can effectively eliminate the problem.
Part of the problem is like something I'm watching now.
Judge Dredd, while it's entertaining , it's awfully bloody and gruesome. We have bombed our kids with this and they just weren't ready for it, maybe some people would never be ready for this type violence. But we explode in every living room this type violence.
This isn't helping and I think this is another thing that needs attention , Hollywood and the video gaming industry are part the fault also.
Thank you, that was unexpected. I was talking to DF a few weeks ago during our last disagreement. I believe my wording was something along the lines of
Just having a do with Aura, strange we agree on so much and yet sometimes we reach a stage when I could never understand him

As for the video games (or movie) industry, I can’t (in general terms) see that as a fault, there is the proviso that I have (deliberately) never worked on (or seen) violent games. Such games (and films) have ratings if a parent allows their child to see something not rated for that child’s age group then surely the parents are at fault, not the game or film or child.

Or do you see such ratings as another whittling of freedom?

Fennario

#584695 Jan 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't. It's being spot on.
Thanks for forgiving me. I saw what I had done just as I was sending it.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584696 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you don't do a lot of reading. They are called gallus gallus. Chickens are descendants of therapod dinosaurs.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/201...
HAHAHAHAHAHA i do get to laugh a lot reading such posts.

dinosaurs went extinct a long long long time ago.
a chicken is a bird. a chicken is a pure bred animal. not a mix.

but then it is also true atheists believe humans are the decendants of apes and monkeys to..........what i find interesting is how the planet is thick with primates of apes and monkeys and such, and so evolution must be 'selective' in who it choses to 'evolve with'

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#584697 Jan 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I can't think of anyone who would be stupid enough to pay her to argue a point for them.
Never said it was a paying job. lol

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584698 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>All you're doing is advocating the removal of all guns. Fortunately it's a mute point now that gun insurance will be coming your way. Now what guns are "used" for is removed from the conversation and everyone is happy.
you didn't read my post did you?
I am not advocating the removal of all guns.
I said guns was a necessary weapon for WAR and self defense.

what makes you think there will be gun insurance?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584699 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't you heard? That's being taken care of very soon. LOL...
no i haven't heard that....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584700 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't have guns so they lived longer.
They only lived to their mid 30's how is that living longer?
Guns cure living
We're working on fixing that.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584701 Jan 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think that if drugs became legal that everybody would all of a sudden start doing drugs?
Would you?
thats what you all don't seem to get, it is not the fact everyone would participate in taking drugs if they were made legal, it is the fact that those who DID use the drugs would endanger the lives of those who didn't. Legalizing things that are not safe or right have serious reprocusions for EVERYONE in society.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584702 Jan 8, 2013
Amish wrote:
<quoted text>
God wrote the ten commandments on stone and gave it to Moses at Mt Sinai.
That is a fairy tale. No such real documents exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want to masturebate with my friend 15 min Bbflip 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min here 64,005
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min confrinting with ... 653,993
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 33 min ImFree2Choose 2,582
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 39 min Classic 3,805
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 41 min Johnny 39
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 53 min The Twins 445,464
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,507
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 281,866
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 22 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web