Prove there's a god.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#584728 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't you see, if you were a tapeworm your foolish ego would have you believing humans were put on earth to serve the appetite of the tapeworm. Theist = small brain/big ego.
ah but, what you don't see, is that animals and especially insects do not reason as humans reason.
for if tapeworms and other insects REASONED as you just asserted they do, then bugs would not fly into the windshields of cars, or buz around humans begging to be killed by a swatter.
and your example has nothing to do with humans serving and worshipping the Creator God. We don't feed off of God.
so your example is not even comparable.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584729 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and who is going to pay for that 'free' health care that you think is a right?
That's what you don't get. Health care will be no more free than it is now. But it will be more accessible and more affordable.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584730 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
dinosaurs went extinct a long long long time ago.
Red herring.
a chicken is a bird. a chicken is a pure bred animal. not a mix.
Prove it with science documentation.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584731 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so that makes it ok to be an asshat huh?
Yeah! I said, "dated", not "rode".

Location hidden

#584732 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
you didn't read my post did you?
Most of them are simply a waste of time, unless I want a good laugh.
I said guns was a necessary weapon for WAR and self defense.
War is not necessary, and self defense wouldn't be either if the other person didn't have a gun.
what makes you think there will be gun insurance?
Stay tuned.

Location hidden

#584733 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
no i haven't heard that....
Yup, the UN was just waiting to confirm Obamas election. This will be old news by mid year.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584734 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
God has done as much in your life as Mother Goose you dishonest arrogant fool.
"He is good, merciful, loving and just."
Then explain infant cancers, mental retardation and other serious birth defects, just to name a few, you lying fool.
"I have lived my life without God, and With God, and i can attest to the fact WITH God is far better."
You are no different from a drunk arguing the merits of alcohol abuse.
"and all He has done and continues to do in my life."
Well, aren't you special! He lets little children die of starvation while he toys with your personal life! All you prove is that you have a very huge ego.
why are you so angry and bitter? you must of been burned by someone to cause you to be so hostile toward people of faith.

you lie sir.
blaming God for mans doing is childish and demonic.

children starve and die because MAN doesn't do his part in being a good steward of the earth and his fellow man.

blaming God is the height of STUPIDITY.

you are a carbon copy of every other atheist....SOUR PATCH people.
you love to bash and trash people of faith BECAUSE of your own inner misery and insecurity.
one moment you charge there is no God, the next moment you shake your fist at God and blame Him for the evil in the world.
and it is YOU who are responsible, because He gave you life and oppertunity.
and if you squander it on pettyness and anger all you will ever know is unrest and curses.

God is good, merciful and loves us.
He offers us life and hope and eternal security.
but He won't make you accept it.
so it is you sir who is the raving fool for opting for hell over heaven.

you have a right to how you want to live your life.
but you certainly do NOT have a right to tell me or any person of faith what it is we know and don't know concerning God.

you speak for yourself only.

Location hidden

#584735 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
You superstitious buffoons are no different from the savages dancing around the fire with face paint on.
I don't know, I think their bingo games are more organized.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#584736 Jan 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know this, that does not prevent me shaking my head at the stupidity of the public bearing arms. I can simply not understand the – I have a big gun so no one is going to shoot me – mentality when so many millions of people have guns and are just as likely to tip over the edge as anyone else. You have recently seen the results of that policy (at least twice)
I am afraid it does not work that way. Abnormal behaviour is not in itself a sign of insanity, we all behave abnormally from time to time, there is an adage used by psychiatrists “What is normal” and it’s extension,“Normal is for other people”.
With the ease of access of guns in (most) states in the US then any “profiling” whether as a school child or later would not have prevented Lanza or Holmes from obtaining weapons.
Profiling them could have gotten them counseling though, and possibly prevented them from exploding in rage.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584737 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them are simply a waste of time, unless I want a good laugh.
<quoted text>
War is not necessary, and self defense wouldn't be either if the other person didn't have a gun.
<quoted text>Stay tuned.
Yep- what if they gave a war and nobody came?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584738 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
<quoted text>Prove it with science documentation.
I think he meant to say that chickens were bred to be pure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken#Farming
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/birds/poultr...

I think this may be the person to replace Banana Man.

Location hidden

#584739 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
science can't even cure the common cold for pete sakes.
Garlic.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584740 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
As do you.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#584741 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain what is immoral about me not wearing a seat belt.
Some laws are civil , and designed to generate revenue while promoting something like safety. This law was clearly designed to help reduce head injuries in accidents.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584742 Jan 8, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>How is he MUCH better?
I think it's kinda strange how a guy who says he left America for Mexico is so emotionally invested in who "our" government's commander-in-chief is, don't you?

He reminds me of cranky, old women who sit around gossiping about their younger relatives' lives because they don't have one themselves anymore.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584743 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you so angry and bitter? you must of been burned by someone to cause you to be so hostile toward people of faith.
you lie sir.
blaming God for mans doing is childish and demonic.
children starve and die because MAN doesn't do his part in being a good steward of the earth and his fellow man.
blaming God is the height of STUPIDITY.
you are a carbon copy of every other atheist....SOUR PATCH people.
you love to bash and trash people of faith BECAUSE of your own inner misery and insecurity.
one moment you charge there is no God, the next moment you shake your fist at God and blame Him for the evil in the world.
and it is YOU who are responsible, because He gave you life and oppertunity.
and if you squander it on pettyness and anger all you will ever know is unrest and curses.
God is good, merciful and loves us.
He offers us life and hope and eternal security.
but He won't make you accept it.
so it is you sir who is the raving fool for opting for hell over heaven.
you have a right to how you want to live your life.
but you certainly do NOT have a right to tell me or any person of faith what it is we know and don't know concerning God.
Funny, you are actually upset because your god is a representation of you, therefore, blaming your god is blaming you. Thus you get upset when you think that people are actually blaming, when all that's being done is that the inconsistencies in your beliefs are being point out to you.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584744 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did god have to come to earth and get himself crucifed in order to protect us from himself? Whose fault is it that god created morally challenged humans and then gave them free will? Is your god a major screw up or did he intend for sin all along so he could then have something he could torture in his happy land called hell?
Faith, especially the christian flavor of the god garbage is pure insantiy. Every church is a lunatic asylum full of death denying dishonest cowards practicing ritualized cannabilism once a week. Evolution has left you fools behind.
how old are you anyway? children go around playing the blame game.

1. Jesus came to earth to make a way where there was NO WAY.
He was PERFECT. He FREELY laid down His life for mankind.
No greater love has a man than the he who would freely lay
down his life for another. God has always required sacrifice
for the remission of sin. LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD. Without
blood you can't live. God sent Jesus because GOD SO LOVED THE
WORLD. LOVE. you are that important to God that He wanted to
make a way for you to be forgiven and redeemed, because God saw
man couldn't sucessfully keep the law.

2. YOU and I were created perfect. We were fearfully and
wonderfully made by God. He gave you a MIND, a CONSCIENCE, &
FREE WILL. would it mean more to you if someone loved you
freely by their desire and choice, or would it mean more to
you if you had to MAKE them love you? God gave us free will.

3. YOU LIE, no christian is denying death. Death comes to all
just as the judgement of God will come to all. YOU HAVE A
SOUL, whether or not you are smart enough to know it, and
your soul WILL live on one place or the other when you exit
this world. God's plan is PERFECT. those who lived by faith
with expectation through obedience and righteousness, will
find themselves in heaven. Those who don't will find themselves exactly where they themselves CHOSE to be....hell.

and blaming God for your free will choices is going to back fire on you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584745 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Profiling them could have gotten them counseling though, and possibly prevented them from exploding in rage.
Profiling is based on stereotypes, and since stereotypes are demonstrably inaccurate and often present more red herrings it is unreliable. It wouldn't have discovered any actual threat but would have been more likely to ruin the lives of a bunch of innocent people.

The first time in recorded history profiling was used for a means of justice is best known as The Witch Hunts.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#584746 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> BS Ians, basic laws are what we make to stop the things that we consider morally wrong.
BS. Laws are not based on morals morals. We don't outlaw murder because it's wrong. We outlaw murder because we don't want people murdered. The difference is that many things that are known to be wrong, like cheating on a spouse, are not illegal. It doesn't matter to the law that anybody considers it wrong.

Likewise, many things are illegal without being immoral, like speeding. Again, the only reason to make something illegal is to reduce how often it happens, whether it is considered immoral. And nothing is illegal only because it is considered immoral except for a things that the religious have imposed on the rest of us, like dry counties and the prohibition on same sex marriage.

It exactly your kind of thinking that drives political Christianity - to impose Christian moral values on a secular society.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#584747 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
The rest have to do with governing civil liberties,to enforce tax and revenue.
You are naïve. Do you know what the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was and what it was for? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%E2%80%93Le...

How about the revised bankruptcy and usury laws? Were they for governing civil liberties or tax revenues?

How about Medicare part D and its provision to bar the government from negotiating drug prices on behalf of its beneficiaries, the senior citizens of the United States of America. What do you think that provision was for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min swampmudd 15,287
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 683,544
Sex 1 hr Supersquirrel69 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Unanimous 7
Venting Against FAKE Americans 4 hr Mint Julep 3
JakeDover34 Add me on snap!! 6 hr Jakedover34 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr Student 46,264
More from around the web