Prove there's a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#584738 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Red herring.
<quoted text>Prove it with science documentation.
I think he meant to say that chickens were bred to be pure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken#Farming
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/birds/poultr...

I think this may be the person to replace Banana Man.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584739 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
science can't even cure the common cold for pete sakes.
Garlic.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584740 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you speak for yourself only.
As do you.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#584741 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain what is immoral about me not wearing a seat belt.
Some laws are civil , and designed to generate revenue while promoting something like safety. This law was clearly designed to help reduce head injuries in accidents.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584742 Jan 8, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>How is he MUCH better?
I think it's kinda strange how a guy who says he left America for Mexico is so emotionally invested in who "our" government's commander-in-chief is, don't you?

He reminds me of cranky, old women who sit around gossiping about their younger relatives' lives because they don't have one themselves anymore.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584743 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you so angry and bitter? you must of been burned by someone to cause you to be so hostile toward people of faith.
you lie sir.
blaming God for mans doing is childish and demonic.
children starve and die because MAN doesn't do his part in being a good steward of the earth and his fellow man.
blaming God is the height of STUPIDITY.
you are a carbon copy of every other atheist....SOUR PATCH people.
you love to bash and trash people of faith BECAUSE of your own inner misery and insecurity.
one moment you charge there is no God, the next moment you shake your fist at God and blame Him for the evil in the world.
and it is YOU who are responsible, because He gave you life and oppertunity.
and if you squander it on pettyness and anger all you will ever know is unrest and curses.
God is good, merciful and loves us.
He offers us life and hope and eternal security.
but He won't make you accept it.
so it is you sir who is the raving fool for opting for hell over heaven.
you have a right to how you want to live your life.
but you certainly do NOT have a right to tell me or any person of faith what it is we know and don't know concerning God.
you speak for yourself only.
Funny, you are actually upset because your god is a representation of you, therefore, blaming your god is blaming you. Thus you get upset when you think that people are actually blaming, when all that's being done is that the inconsistencies in your beliefs are being point out to you.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#584744 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did god have to come to earth and get himself crucifed in order to protect us from himself? Whose fault is it that god created morally challenged humans and then gave them free will? Is your god a major screw up or did he intend for sin all along so he could then have something he could torture in his happy land called hell?
Faith, especially the christian flavor of the god garbage is pure insantiy. Every church is a lunatic asylum full of death denying dishonest cowards practicing ritualized cannabilism once a week. Evolution has left you fools behind.
how old are you anyway? children go around playing the blame game.

1. Jesus came to earth to make a way where there was NO WAY.
He was PERFECT. He FREELY laid down His life for mankind.
No greater love has a man than the he who would freely lay
down his life for another. God has always required sacrifice
for the remission of sin. LIFE IS IN THE BLOOD. Without
blood you can't live. God sent Jesus because GOD SO LOVED THE
WORLD. LOVE. you are that important to God that He wanted to
make a way for you to be forgiven and redeemed, because God saw
man couldn't sucessfully keep the law.

2. YOU and I were created perfect. We were fearfully and
wonderfully made by God. He gave you a MIND, a CONSCIENCE, &
FREE WILL. would it mean more to you if someone loved you
freely by their desire and choice, or would it mean more to
you if you had to MAKE them love you? God gave us free will.

3. YOU LIE, no christian is denying death. Death comes to all
just as the judgement of God will come to all. YOU HAVE A
SOUL, whether or not you are smart enough to know it, and
your soul WILL live on one place or the other when you exit
this world. God's plan is PERFECT. those who lived by faith
with expectation through obedience and righteousness, will
find themselves in heaven. Those who don't will find themselves exactly where they themselves CHOSE to be....hell.

and blaming God for your free will choices is going to back fire on you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584745 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Profiling them could have gotten them counseling though, and possibly prevented them from exploding in rage.
Profiling is based on stereotypes, and since stereotypes are demonstrably inaccurate and often present more red herrings it is unreliable. It wouldn't have discovered any actual threat but would have been more likely to ruin the lives of a bunch of innocent people.

The first time in recorded history profiling was used for a means of justice is best known as The Witch Hunts.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#584746 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> BS Ians, basic laws are what we make to stop the things that we consider morally wrong.
BS. Laws are not based on morals morals. We don't outlaw murder because it's wrong. We outlaw murder because we don't want people murdered. The difference is that many things that are known to be wrong, like cheating on a spouse, are not illegal. It doesn't matter to the law that anybody considers it wrong.

Likewise, many things are illegal without being immoral, like speeding. Again, the only reason to make something illegal is to reduce how often it happens, whether it is considered immoral. And nothing is illegal only because it is considered immoral except for a things that the religious have imposed on the rest of us, like dry counties and the prohibition on same sex marriage.

It exactly your kind of thinking that drives political Christianity - to impose Christian moral values on a secular society.

Fennario

#584747 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
The rest have to do with governing civil liberties,to enforce tax and revenue.
You are naïve. Do you know what the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was and what it was for? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%E2%80%93Le...

How about the revised bankruptcy and usury laws? Were they for governing civil liberties or tax revenues?

How about Medicare part D and its provision to bar the government from negotiating drug prices on behalf of its beneficiaries, the senior citizens of the United States of America. What do you think that provision was for?

Fennario

#584748 Jan 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I don't think you are going to find many people who are going to give up anything in the amendments and call it right. It is already our right.
That can be changed. There's a reason they're called "amendments." They can be amended themselves.

No, I don't expect gun people to cede an inch. I remember your words: "We don't care how you feel about it because it is beyond contestation." http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

How can we work with such an indifferent and uncooperative attitude except to take the same attitude ourselves?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584749 Jan 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's kinda strange how a guy who says he left America for Mexico is so emotionally invested in who "our" government's commander-in-chief is, don't you?
He reminds me of cranky, old women who sit around gossiping about their younger relatives' lives because they don't have one themselves anymore.
I guess you're unaware of what a US president does or doesn't do or how good a US president is or isn't can and often does affect what happens in other countries. I would think that would even be more so the case when it is a country which we share a border with such as with Mexico and Canada.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#584750 Jan 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How is insulting nanoanomaly being an asshat?
What the hell IS an asshat?

Location hidden

#584751 Jan 8, 2013
United in faith wrote:
you must of been burned by someone to cause you to be so hostile toward people of faith.
I can't speak for others but I hold life very dear. I also respect wisdom, common sense and education. I think most people are hostile toward religious people because they are willing to waste their life away for nothing, and they flaunt their lack of education on the topic and have no common sense.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584752 Jan 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well stated.
let me ask you a question. Since you can't with any factual certainity disprove God, lets say for the sake of argument you are right and there is no God. What have I lost for believing in God?
I have lived a life of purpose, hope and morality. all GOOD things
so i die and thats it, nothingness.
what have i lost? NOTHING absolutely nothing
NOW,
lets say i am right and there IS a God, and you die NOT believing, what have you lost?
EVERYTHING!
beause you missed out on a life of purpose and hope and His blessings, PLUS you missed out on heaven....... leaving you with the horrible alternative.

so tell me again, how logical and smart you are to be an atheist?

Location hidden

#584753 Jan 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he meant to say that chickens were bred to be pure
Yes but they had to come from somwhere, and the link you provided proves my point.

"The domestic chicken is descended primarily from the Red Junglefowl (Gallus gallus) and is scientifically classified as the same species."

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584754 Jan 8, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Paty, you claim or questioned that an acorn does nto have DNA. All living things have DNA.
"Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is an informational molecule encoding the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and many viruses."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dna
"
What is DNA?
DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms. Nearly every cell in a person’s body has the same DNA. Most DNA is located in the cell nucleus (where it is called nuclear DNA), but a small amount of DNA can also be found in the mitochondria (where it is called mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA)."
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/basics/dna
"
DNA
Ads
Ready-to-Use RNA Samples www.biochain.com/ 10% OFF All Standard Items Total RNA, mRNA, miRNA & Dr.P set
The DNA Ancestry Project www.dnaancestryproject.com/ Discover Your Ancestry with DNA. Find Ethnic and Geographic Origins.
DNA
Genetics. deoxyribonucleic acid: an extremely long macromolecule that is the main component of chromosomes and is the material that transfers genetic characteristics in all life forms, constructed of two nucleotide strands coiled around each other in a ladderlike arrangement with the sidepieces composed of alternating phosphate and deoxyribose units and the rungs composed of the purine and pyrimidine bases adenine, guanine, cytosine, and thymine: the genetic information of DNA is encoded in the sequence of the bases and is transcribed as the strands unwind and replicate. Compare base pair, gene, genetic code, RNA.
the set of nongenetic traits, qualities, or features that characterize a person or thing: Humility is just not in her DNA.
"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dna
oooooh there you go again, fibbing.

i never said an acron didn't have DNA, i posed the question to another poster ASKING does an acorn have DNA? i never once stated it didn't.
i was making a point that the structure of plant life in no way can be used as a equal comparison to the seed of human life.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#584755 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain what is immoral about me not wearing a seat belt.
I don't remember what it was an american TV ad or Canadian, but a while back there was an ad about someone having been killed in a car accident, and the gist of it was that a passengerr in the vehicle who was unbelted had flown through the air in a collision striking another person who was legally belted in killing the person who was belted in. This is one of the biggest reasons for making sure that eve4ryone is belted in and all objects that might fly around are also properly secured too, because any of them can become deadly in a high speed collision.

So I guess the morality involved could be is it immoral to place the driver of a car at risk, if you are sitting in the backseat and he asks you to do up your seatbelt (which would prevent you from flying forward and possibly breaking his neck or causing a fatal concussion to him, should the car be in a head on collision, with another vehicle that illegally crossed into your lane).

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#584756 Jan 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's kinda strange how a guy who says he left America for Mexico is so emotionally invested in who "our" government's commander-in-chief is, don't you?
Everything is relative.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#584757 Jan 8, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your man Bush got us into all this debt with his bogus 10 year war in Iraq and now you fools don't want to pay for it. Obama inherited Bush's debt, who do you think is going to pay it down, the Chinese?
no one will ever pay it down.
thats the sad reality of it.
spend spend spend.
and all these bleeding heart liberals want hand out after hand out after hand out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 min Tony 6,455
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 42 min Quirky 27,020
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 6 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 6 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 6 hr juliakk 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Anthony MN 685,932
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 8 hr Wake Up 2
More from around the web