“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#584272 Jan 7, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
does he?really
where in the bible does god say to love atheists?
www.evilbible.com
It doesn't, I never said it did, the Bible says God loves us all. You seem to have a reading and comprehension problem, amongst other things.
<3

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584273 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wallets are better and more efficient than purses.
Now THIS is actually funny- FINALLY RR makes an actual funny in that it was a funny response to what I posted.

I agree- except that pocketbooks hold SO much more than a wallet does, unless one walks around with a wallet the size of a pocketbook....

Remember George's overstuffed wallet on "Seinfeld"?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#584274 Jan 7, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Oh Well I'm outa here for a while.
Got a plane to catch to return to the USA.
Watch out for Muslims!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#584275 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If you paid attention, you'd notice that the 1st Amendment doesn't say "freedom from religion". It protects the right to freedom of religion and freedom of expression from government interference.
It's not a difficult sentence to read:
It shouldn't be difficult to understand either.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
This means that laws can't be made that demonstrate any religious favoritism or preferential treatment, and the government can't stop you from exercising religious belief, unless it's a byproduct of stopping you from breaking the law.

Freedom from religion is guaranteed. Freedom of religion is conditional.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584276 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have, I can't eat those. lol
I can eat Tyson's "standard" TV dinners, and I love them as quick snacks between meals, the meatloaf and salisbury is divine for a quick food.
Another interesting fact is that "organic" foods use deadlier and more harmful fertilizers and pesticides than those not labeled as organic. Because the only requirement for them is that they don't use artificial ones, and the artificial ones are designed to have as little impact as possible while the natural ones are pretty much "anything deadly" for pesticides and "anything that's dying" for fertilizer. Not to mention, 20% of it comes from China while our foods that aren't "organic" are almost entirely from the USA when they're in season.
"Healthy" sugar is actually purely artificial chemicals, and contain no nutritional value at all. Corn syrup, that people all get pissy about, is from corn, so yeah, reduce the starch is a good thing but the alternatives are worse. Just eat less candy and you're golden.
Then they go "fat is bad!" Well ... tell that to our bodies, fat is the storage method for energy, if you don't get enough for your body's needs then your body will consume itself for that energy. Everyone is different, so banning fats is offering some of us a death sentence. My body cannot store fat, or produce it naturally, so I have to consume more fat in my diet than the typical person in order to maintain an energy level that is above a sloth. I was starving myself until we got a Target downtown, they sell both "non-fat" and "normal" foods, thankfully, and don't specialize in Asian cuisine like the only other grocer nearby that doesn't just do that "fat free" garbage.
Now cholesterol, yeah, reduce that if possible, without taking anything else out, because that really offers no benefit, I can agree with it, but banning it is just silly.
I won't eat anything from Tyson. What they do to their chickens is beyond cruel. I only use local farmers that are more descent (or for OCB, descenter) to their animals. I loooove chicken, but won't buy Tyson.

I was talking about shit like Lean Cuisine. That's some of the worst "food" you can buy.

I agree, reudce cholesterol as much as you can, but take in what fats your body needs.

See a fat person, you know they're taking in way to much fat.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#584277 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
But I was talking about the more dangerous drugs like heroin, crack, pcp & meth.
What makes those drugs more dangerous to you if you don't use them?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584278 Jan 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>What is "APY"???
I think your fingers are getting fat from eating all the potato salad. Servers you right!!!
What servers?

I served myself...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584279 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see how much sodium is in a large pizza? Calories? Fat?
You should google it before saying that pizza is healthier than hot dogs....
Been there, done that, but I guess you haven't.......Okay- I'll amend that to say that pizza isn't as UNhealthy as are hot dogs.

And I do NOT eat chain pizza- no Pizza Hut, no Dominoes, no Papa John's, etc.

I eat pizza from actual mom and pop pizza parlors.

And here is what also makes up a pizza:

Vitamins

The tomato sauce on pizza contains vitamins A, C, E, K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, folate, choline, lycopene and lutein.

The vitamins in the whole milk mozzarella cheese on pizza include vitamins A, B12, D, E, K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, choline and retinol. The saturated fat in whole milk mozzarella cheese is 14.73 g per cup and the cholesterol is 88 mg per cup.

The vitamins in pizza dough made with all-purpose, enriched and unbleached white flour include vitamins A, B6, E, K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, folic acid, lutein and zeaxanthin.
Minerals and Amino Acids

Tomato sauce contains 18 amino acids and the minerals it contains include calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium.

Mozzarella cheese is high in calcium and it contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium.

The minerals in the dough include calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium. Pizza dough contains some saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and 18 amino acids.

And according to the USDA:

According to the United States Department of Agriculture, pizza is one of America's favorite foods and eating cheese is a good way of getting calcium and protein. The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases puts pizza on its list of calcium sources. The USDA also states studies have shown that the consumption of tomatoes may lessen your chance of getting cancer because tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene. A prostate cancer study showed a drop in prostate cancer risk when the amount of lycopene in the blood was elevated. Studies have also shown that when you eat tomatoes, you may be able to lessen your risk of developing heart disease, colorectal cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/268575-nutr...

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/268575-nutr...

Thanks, but I'll continue to indulge with a bit more frequency than I indulge in pizza and another reason I will is because I'm not eating any animal flesh when I eat pizza.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#584280 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat very little of it now. I use to like it with everything but it makes my digestive system less than optimal since gallbladder surgery so I avoid it.
I had my gb removed, apparently wheat is completely unnecessary to our digestive systems, grain 'healthy' bread is no better as 'we are not birds'. Check it out, it's pretty telling. I don't have a link, my sister told me, she's a Chem Major and did food studies amongst other things, I found it online but it was awhile ago. The history behind the creation of bread to fill up poor people cheaply, is interesting too.
<3

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584281 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out for Muslims!
Brilliant, RR- SOOOOOOOO not.

Of course, you don't travel and have actually proudly stated that you've never been outside the US of A and what really makes that funny is how quick you are to criticize other countries and people of those countries to which you have NEVER been and have NO first hand experience.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584282 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see how much sodium is in a large pizza? Calories? Fat?
You should google it before saying that pizza is healthier than hot dogs....
Not to stir the pot, but it depends on which angle of health you are talking about, and since each person's needs will differ, for some it is due to the larger variety in nutrients. But yes, it does contain more fat, cholesterol, and calories than hotdogs.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584283 Jan 7, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
if a dude can make MORE money in a day selling drugs then working any job,does that make him stupid or smart!?
Stupid.

Every day he's risking prison time while at the same time helping to keep society at it's worst.

I say shoot 'em.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584284 Jan 7, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did ridicule him lie all you like but you did.
He said he didn't believe in a SKY FAIRY not a sky daddy as you claim.
So I am still waiting to hear what God it is that you worship?
If there is no proof of any God then why do worship one?
You must worship one because you deny being an atheist.
You even said something about me just not liking someone that doesn't worship the same God as me.
Funny I don't worship any so not sure what you meant but I would like to know which one you worship.
Is it the great flying pizza guy? Maybe the almighty SPAM?
Inquiring minds want to know.
No.....he said he didn't believe in an INVISIBLE sky fairy and even then pointed out to me that he said "invisible".

I don't worship the god I think MIGHT exist.

Your mind is simple and your mind is weak; therefore, you do not have what it takes to have a mind that is truly inquiring or curious.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584285 Jan 7, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
The "war" on drugs has been a miserable failure. It has drained resources and empowered and enriched organized crime. Legalize all drugs and we likely don't see an increase in whacked out people. wSome people will be compelled to get them if they were legal or not. Just like the nut or criminal will seek out and procure a gun to committ murder regadrless of the law against doing so. We can stop wasting money on an unwinnable "war" and eliminate the cash rewards to organized crime.
I don't think we'd see more whacked out people, I think we'd see the already whacked out ones get whacked out more.

is that too much whacking?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584286 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Clinton, what year did the national debt go down?
LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF.

I am not your own personal source of facts and information, RR.

Just as you asked me the question you did, you can google that very same question.

I don't work for you, pal- you could NEVER afford me.
Amish

El Dorado Springs, MO

#584287 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
So let me guess, you eat potato chips or candy between your meals instead? Waste of money and I can't stand the taste of those.
Then you use health food propaganda as "evidence?" You are either a snake oil salesperson or you swallowed the whole tackle box. "Super Size Me" was a propagandist done by a guy who crams twinkies down his gullet every chance he gets, and it wasn't done scientifically at all. It was hype and fearmongering.
If you want science, you talk to scientists, not people who make money by preying on the outrage produced by some of the less scrupulous corporations.

"healthfood propaganda"?

That's funny. You havent even watched the videos. They do cite published studies.

I have two meals a day and that is plenty. Then for supper just a piece of dark chocolate (high in magnesium) or an apple. Start with a large breakfast and it is easily done.

There was no trickery in Super Size Me. McDs is very unhealthy.. all the meat and cheese is just fat & cholesterol. They also use hydrogenated oils that are very bad, even banned in California and I think NYC.(besides all the MSG and other junk)

bantransfats.com

The liver produces all the cholesterol we need. Published studies do not support any claim that extra cholesterol is good for you. Plant foods i.e. potato tomato broccoli carrot ect have all the fats & protein we need.

But nobody is forcing you to do anything. I know from experience this diet works to get off of meds and reverse many disease.

more studies and health info here..

chiphealth.com

drmcdougall.com

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584288 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Today? Easily. Almost half of their business is now done through online ordering services and deliveries. Many of their customers are actually reclusive or shut-ins of many types, most for medical reasons. Many grocers offer this service now, and have seen pretty good increases in profits since they began.
However, if you want to try the "blame game" against Walmart, you should do a lot of research on it. Many of the people that work for the company are unable to work for other companies, usually because the other companies, the ones that you think are more "fair," will not hire them. Starbucks does that as well, they will hire almost anyone, and both companies offer health insurance to all their full time employees, regardless of pay grade, education, or experience. These same companies also offer a lot of financial support and aide to low income and even destitute people in their local areas. In Seattle, Starbucks even gives free food to a lot of the homeless and won't kick a person out of their store unless they are presenting a threat to or are harassing the customers and employees, this is actually corporate policy. Our local Walmarts help pay for low income housing and offer jobs to even those who don't have residential addresses, which is a difficult federal law to work around, you cannot legally work in the US without a permanent address, not sure how they work that but meh, it's giving people jobs so it's a good thing.
That's not true. I have yet to drive by ANY Walmart parking lot ANY time of the day or night and not see them packed to the hilt.

Please- don't list the many virtues of Walmart for me......

And not true- you CAN legally work in the US without a permanent address.

And if you can provide proof that you can't, please do.

If that is the case, then you are condoning Walmart breaking the law.

Nice.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584289 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid.
Every day he's risking prison time while at the same time helping to keep society at it's worst.
I say shoot 'em.
OMG- that was NOT a 747 I heard flying over your head, it was the point "Christianity is Evil" was making to Pat.

Oy gevalt.

And you say to SHOOT drug dealers? Go live in Iran already, will ya?

And try to learn about demand and supply, for with no demand there will be no supply.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584290 Jan 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you don't do a lot of reading. They are called gallus gallus. Chickens are descendants of therapod dinosaurs.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/201...
The dino also came before the egg.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#584291 Jan 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed Catcher didn't suggest that either you or IANS quit posting about it.
Censors are bigots.
I suggested an end to the discussion of guns.

I didn't name anybody--just an end to the discussion.

No censorship (a suggestion), no bigotry (meant for all).

So there, Ms. Happiness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min MUQ1 263,717
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 33 min MUQ1 37,661
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 50 min truth 5,455
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 51 min andet1987 4,972
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 1 hr dess71 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 555,197
Moses never existed 2 hr truth 568
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dr Wu 603,720
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr BottomNow 1,191
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 12 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE