OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584441 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if I ever do go to the Big Apple, hpefully I can get some sight seeing advice from a native Big Applian....
I really wanna see Liberty because of my devotion to America. She is a great symbol of freedom & unity. I'm not a fan of big cities. I went to Chicago once, saw the view from the Sears Tower.
Talk about shittin bricks!
No doubt you can and you would. But do NOT refer to New Yorkers as native Big Applians- LOL!!

Well, the view from the Empire State Building is very breathtaking- the Statue of Liberty doesn't offer that kind of view.

Last time I went to an observation deck at the Empire State Building, they didn't take you up any higher than the 86th floor- as if that isn't high enough.

But the Empire State Building has 102 floors and is 102 stories high and stands at 1454 feet high.

By contrast, the Statue of Liberty stands at 305 feet so if you want a real view of NYC, the Empire State Building better suits that purpose.

Also, to get to the stop of the Statue of Liberty, you have to WALK up- 354 steps which takes a good half hour or so.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584442 Jan 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Then explain how a Jew can claim, "I'm a non-practicing Jew.", with a straight face.
http://www.ifcj.org/site/PageNavigator/eng/pr...
Would you pass up free real estate, plus free airfare and start-up cash if you were a poor Jew? Puhleeze. I can think of plenty of non-Jews who would claim to be Jewish if they thought they could get any of those handouts.
I'm a non-practicing Jew. I said it with a straight face.

And with few exceptions, most of the Jews I know- and I know quite a few- are also non-practicing.

You're an anti-Semitic POS- our agreeing on a couple of things earlier notwithstanding.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#584443 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Good analogy. So if someone had never had ice cream before and you are trying to explain it to them without any kind of evidence, they'll likely call bullshit on you, even though you know you ate the ice cream and you know what it did to you and how it felt.
Good try.

I've had "out of the ordinary" experiences before. I thought they were caused by God too. My interpretation of those experiences where informed by the beliefs I was indoctrinated with. With a different indoctrination, I would have had a different interpretation of the experiences. Having escaped the conditioning, I can now more accurately interpret the experiences.

I don't doubt that you've had experiences, I just don't think you are able to interpret them freely. People who believe things on faith jump on anything they can to help shore up their faith, whether it makes sense or not. Relying on subjective experiences as evidence, while not accepting the subjective experiences of others as equally valid evidence, shows the true nature of faith and what it does to people. You simply cannot be consistent with your methodologies.

People feel the presence of Vishnu, so you should believe in Vishnu. If you did, you'd feel Vishnu too. It's almost guaranteed that you would. You just have to believe first.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're right. If you haven't found God or accepted Jesus as your savior, He'll never answer your prayers.
Praying to your god works as well as praying to a bag of shit. There is no performance difference.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Depends on the person and the circumstance. I've seen one too many "preachers" giving false testimony simply because they want more money outta you.
Really? Only one too many? What's the total?

Would you trust a stranger with your life savings? Would you trust a Middle Eastern stranger with your life savings? Would you trust a long dead anonymous group of Middle Easterners to tell you the great truths of the universe, and then dictate the course of most of your life based on those truths?

How much "touching" would it take to relieve you of your life savings?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#584444 Jan 7, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Kind of missed something on the debt but that is OK it is just the atheist way to lie about such things.
Debt when Obama took office,
$10,626,877,048,913
Debt as of Jan 3 2013,
$16,431,219,143,697
8 years under Bush debt increased,
$4,899,100,310,609
In 4 years under obama debt increase,
$5,804,342,094,784
Questions?
Yes, how does one man change the economic status of a country? I am guessing, but I have not checked into it, that Obama's main strengths, for which he got elected in the first place, were not related to his background in national and international banking, and how money, wars, and employment are all mixed up, along with nowadays, with computer technology, we can have a panic on the stock exchanges which can cause rich people to become poor, companies to go broke, people to lose jobs.

We have had several worldwide recessions in the past several decades whic often have the domino effect, because we all are somewhat affected by how everyone else is doing economically.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584445 Jan 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Then explain how a Jew can claim, "I'm a non-practicing Jew.", with a straight face.
Would you pass up free real estate, plus free airfare and start-up cash if you were a poor Jew? Puhleeze. I can think of plenty of non-Jews who would claim to be Jewish if they thought they could get any of those handouts.
Really? You think there are a lot of Gentiles who wish to emigrate to Israel?

How about you join them?

You're disgusting and you even beat out RR in that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584446 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then accept Christians and rednecks as part of your One people, One planet motto!
I do- I never claimed otherwise.

Again- as I pointed out to HL, I take exception to the majority of Christians ON THIS THREAD- I never said world-wide, did I, RR?

No- I did not.

And considering I live in Florida, I'd better NOT have a problem with rednecks!

Now- how about YOU accept my motto regarding the many different groups you have less than favorable things to say about?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584447 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am, then why do you not post anything that contradicts what I have stated?
I did. I stated that grain is NOT a filler though it is sometimes USED as such.

I also stated that starches are NOT the way to go- not if you have high blood sugar, diabetes or are looking to lose weight.

And I also stated that it is ANIMAL FLESH which is not easily digested.

But really, kitten- come ON- you're having what is intended to be a full meal ( a Tyson frozen dinner) as a SNACK between meals?

Okay.....

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584448 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Sammy get the ole penile cut?
If he was born at home he may not have had it done.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#584449 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
Just that as I live by the motto of "One people, one planet", I'll die by the same motto is all- meaning my belief in that motto will never change.
Okay.

"Live by the sword, die by the sword." - I think this saying demonstrates why I was confused.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584450 Jan 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
And what you stupidly refer to as "hand outs" are for people who wish to return to what they believe is their biblical native land, to start a new life and to escape the anti-Semitism which disgusting people like YOU display.

At least RR doesn't make a MAJOR show of his ignorance by posting ZIONIST crap and thinking that to be a Jew means to be a Zionist.

You know.....there is nothing mysterious or secretive about the Jewish religion or about being a Jew.

That you prefer to remain steeped in the ignorance you embrace about Jews and Judaism is just another of your many issues.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#584451 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>11,000? Try 12,233 posts for you, RR.....now do the math- LOL!
Oh shit, that many? I'm on my phone & don't see that.

So how much is Topix gonna pay me?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584452 Jan 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
"Live by the sword, die by the sword." - I think this saying demonstrates why I was confused.
Oh okay....sorry for any confusion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584453 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Squat. Topix doesn't pay people to post.

I doubt there would even BE a Topix if they did.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584454 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I did. I stated that grain is NOT a filler though it is sometimes USED as such.
I also stated that starches are NOT the way to go- not if you have high blood sugar, diabetes or are looking to lose weight.
And I also stated that it is ANIMAL FLESH which is not easily digested.
But really, kitten- come ON- you're having what is intended to be a full meal ( a Tyson frozen dinner) as a SNACK between meals?
Okay.....
You keep supporting my assertions while still saying I am wrong. I also stated, quite a bit actually, that everyone's dietary needs will differ and must be customized to their needs. Animal flesh is actually very easy for digestion, though. Grains are not easy to digest and that is why they come out the same way they go in.

How is a Tyson TV dinner a full meal? Perhaps for a 10 year old, yes. People inhale entire bags of chips in single sittings, tons of skinny people do that a lot. I have a small portion of meat, less than a cup of potatoes and corn, and you think that's a full meal? Only if you're one of the people who's body will actually store fat.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#584455 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to tell you, but in addition to what you mention as the ingredients of hot dogs, they also include the nastiest parts of the cow- including anuses, lips, etc.
Here is the list of ingredients of an Oscar Meyer hot dog:
INGREDIENTS: Beef, Water, Contains Less than 2% of Sea Salt, Potassium Lactate (from Corn), Evaporated Cane Juice, Celery Powder, Flavor, Lactic Acid Starter Culture.
Of course, "beef" simply means any part of the cow.
And the following link gives more info:
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observati...
Grain and gelatin are NOT among the ingredients.
Actually, if the slaughter houses and meat packing businesses are properly controlled, OCB, hot dogs and all other forms of sausages, do not have those parts in them.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584456 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny- you refer to Jews as "tight wads", yet you "joke"about YOU getting paid to post on Topix.

Seems it's YOU who is all about the $$, RR.

Not to mention that you ARE getting paid to post on Topix- by your EMPLOYER.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#584457 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
100 years of mental testing along with the all too obvious social outcomes says they do. Behavior speaks for itself. What evidence do you have that they are just pretending to be less intelligent?
What kind of mental testing was performed in 1913?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#584458 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a non-practicing Jew. I said it with a straight face.
And with few exceptions, most of the Jews I know- and I know quite a few- are also non-practicing.
You're an anti-Semitic POS- our agreeing on a couple of things earlier notwithstanding.
FU. I've dated a Jewish guy and a couple of Iranians too. And that was "before" knowing whether they were "practicing" their native religion or not.

Please...do NOT agree with me about anything; the thought of it sickens me.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#584459 Jan 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I thought you were tired of this silly argument?
I am.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#584460 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say they were my "buddies".
Listen, HL, you know what hating does? It hurts the one who is doing the hating, and not the ones being hated unless it involved physical force with which to demonstrate that hatred.
In other words, if you hate ALL Muslims (including Muslim babies and children, btw) you are only hurting yourself.
BTW, there are MANY in this world who don't think much of Israel and who are not Muslim.
And further, I have NO allegiance to the nation of Israel at all.
.. it's reality, not hate ..

.. try to see a theocracy for what it is - the will of religious leaders forced on people ..

.. Uganda is another instance of religion gone mad. Under the helpful guidance of Evangelical Christians, their "death to gays" law will pass ..

.. if we turn a blind eye to the abuses, what's next ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min 15th Dalai Lama 3,541
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min ChristineM 442,876
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min RoSesz 584,344
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Commander Bunny 270,673
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr rdgupta 24
Japan should make an official and sincere apolo... 1 hr Hosaka Seiji 1
Gay sex in kanpur 1 hr shyam 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,992
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Ugly Truth from d... 611,869
More from around the web