Comments
554,521 - 554,540 of 733,694 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#584154 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
Of COURSE it's hard to explain; I understand. After all, it would be just as difficult for me to tell you I KNOW little green Martians were dancing on my lawn last night and to tell you that is PROOF of little green Martians existing.!
You embody the logic behind the thinking that drugs should remain illegal.

Location hidden

#584155 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you three? Do you not even realize how close to disaster we were when Obama took office? Stop lying.
Of course I do. And what was Obama's first major decision?

A nearly one trillion dollar handout.

That did shit.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584156 Jan 7, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Kind of missed something on the debt but that is OK it is just the atheist way to lie about such things.
Debt when Obama took office,
$10,626,877,048,913
Debt as of Jan 3 2013,
$16,431,219,143,697
8 years under Bush debt increased,
$4,899,100,310,609
In 4 years under obama debt increase,
$5,804,342,094,784
Questions?
You mean like how RR the THEIST lied about the national debt and failed to mention the 230 million federal budget surplus left by Clinton which Bush turned into a deficit in no time flat?
Pat

Granby, CT

#584157 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If they the out in public they are. Walking, driving, shopping, etc.
They are a definite threat because they don't have any control over their own faculties.
If if if... Many heroin addicts are functioning addicts who work for a living just like alcoholics. All alcoholics are not street drunks.

Location hidden

#584158 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, a hotdog contains less fat than a homemade cheeseburger.:P
Hotdogs are actually mostly "filler," which tends to be grain or gelatin, I typically prefer those that use grain as the filler. But shh, don't tell the foodies that what they're cooking in their homes is worse than hotdogs or all we'll have in grocers is hotdogs.
Lol, I know.

I rarely eat hot dogs, maybe two or three times a year.

OCB had OCD, that's all.
Pat

Granby, CT

#584159 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And for those who can't afford routine care?
Just let 'em develop a fatal disease and allow them the "right" to just drop dead instead?
UGH.
No person deserves what they can not afford.
Pat

Granby, CT

#584160 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in an invisible sky fairy, so your argument is moot.
Then describe your god.

Location hidden

#584161 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
Sure- there are freeloaders working the system, but there are plenty who honestly and legitimately need public assistance.
Well look at that!

You ARE capable of rational thought!

Nicely said.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#584162 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No oppression of women in the USA, huh? Okey-dokey.....
And uh.....that doesn't change the fact that world domination IS a goal of the USA.
I am SICK to death of sugar-coating things for you people instead of just speaking what is reality.
There is NO country in the world more imperialistic than the US of A.
That doesn't mean I don't love my country or am not glad I am an American for I do love my country and am VERY glad I am an American.
But just as a parent shouldn't try to sugar coat if their kid has a terrible temper or is a lousy student, I'm not going to sugar coat what the USA is either.

You are comparing the minor grievances of discrimination to women in the US.

To the Taliban shooting a little girl in the head for going to school?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...

And Iran shooting a woman dead for protesting?

And Exiling one for exposing herself in a photo shoot?

http://perezhilton.com/2012-01-21-topless-pho...

Clearly you cannot distinguish between oppression and minor discrimination.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584163 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the pity poor cashier at Walmart?
Ask the corporate heads at Walmart if they would be as successful and as profitable as they are if they didn't have cashiers to ring up the products they sell.

Or maybe you're in favor of nothing but self-service check-out which of course, which put millions and millions of Americans out of work.

Can't have it both ways, RR.

While workers are dependent upon the companies which create job, those companies are just as dependent upon those workers to FILL those positions.

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#584164 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like how RR the THEIST lied about the national debt and failed to mention the 230 million federal budget surplus left by Clinton which Bush turned into a deficit in no time flat?
You mean like your lying atheist backside is lying about that so called surplus?

Look a couple posts lower from the one you responded to to see the real Clinton numbers.

Surplus? The only thing surplus was the gullibility of the libtards.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584165 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to tell you, but in addition to what you mention as the ingredients of hot dogs, they also include the nastiest parts of the cow- including anuses, lips, etc.
Here is the list of ingredients of an Oscar Meyer hot dog:
INGREDIENTS: Beef, Water, Contains Less than 2% of Sea Salt, Potassium Lactate (from Corn), Evaporated Cane Juice, Celery Powder, Flavor, Lactic Acid Starter Culture.
Of course, "beef" simply means any part of the cow.
And the following link gives more info:
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observati...
Grain and gelatin are NOT among the ingredients.
Actually, those "nasty" parts are considered delicacies in many cultures. Here's some actual information not just a blog:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sausages-...
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/foods-fro...

I recommend anyone who buys food bookmark that site, simply because more people need to know what's actually in their food. But you are correct, Oscar Mayer stopped adding in fillers, thus now they are considered viable for gluten free diets, such as mine.

Even a dietary company has no issues with these:
http://www.foodfacts.com/NutritionFacts/Meat-...

My point was valid though, the nutritional value of the hotdog is actually higher than that of a typical home made cheesebuger:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-prod...
Not by much, but they do contain more necessary vitamins and minerals.

Location hidden

#584166 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
And for those who can't afford routine care?
Don't get routine health care.....

Period.

Routine healthcare is not a right.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584167 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You embody the logic behind the thinking that drugs should remain illegal.
Most drugs should, but not all. That marijuana has been decriminalized and in certain amounts even legal in some cities now is proof enough of that.

And- statistics will bear out that ALCOHOL is a much more dangerous drug than marijuana is and on many levels.

In the meantime, the legal sale of marijuana could be carried out in the same way the sale of tobacco products are carried out with the government reaping a HUGE percentage of the profits from the sale of marijuana just as the government currently reaps a HUGE percentage of the profits from tobacco sales.

Location hidden

#584168 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<
There is NO country in the world more imperialistic than the US of A.
That doesn't mean I don't love my country or am not glad I am an American for I do love my country and am VERY glad I am an American.
Then you're glad to be imperialistic?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#584169 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I know.
I rarely eat hot dogs, maybe two or three times a year.
OCB had OCD, that's all.
One thing we probably agree on without reservation is that too many people are too easily alarmed by something stupid. "Healthy" food is anything but, but the alarm that has been generated by the companies trying to sell lower quality products has caused those same companies to make huge profits on people not really smart enough to compare the products. Side by side comparisons produce a clearer image, even if you don't know what "mono-sodium-glutimate " is.

Location hidden

#584170 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do. Your god IS invisible. If you actually SEE your god, take a pic and post it.
I said "invisible sky fairy"....

Go back & read again.
Pat

Granby, CT

#584171 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I see- so anyone who isn't a business owner or who doesn't have a six figure income is nothing more than a POS to you.
Got it.
And sorry- but there really is no correlation between income and intelligence.
Pat, your incredible stereotyping some time back regarding race, religion and intelligence disgusted me then; it disgusts me no less now.
BTW, Jewish is NOT a race.
I really don't care to further pursue this with you.
You're a bigot and a racist. And that is made much worse by you not taking into account one's environment and how they were raised playing a BIG part in whether they are wealthy or not.
You like to chalk it up to RACE.
I don't- and I won't.
Jews are indeed an ethnic group just as Irish or French are an ethnic group, it's simple fact. Jews do not have a higher IQ average due to their religion, they have it due to their genetic makeup.

"And sorry- but there really is no correlation between income and intelligence."

No need to apologize to me for your ignorance. Mainstream science disagrees with you.

"IQ is strongly related, probably more so than any other single measurable human trait, to many important educational, occupational, economic, and social outcomes ... Whatever IQ tests measure, it is of great practical and social importance"
"A high IQ is an advantage because virtually all activities require some reasoning and decision-making"
"The practical advantages of having a higher IQ increase as life’s settings become more complex"
"Differences in intelligence certainly are not the only factor affecting performance in education, training, and complex jobs ... but intelligence is often the most important"
"Certain personality traits, special talents,[etc] are important ... in many jobs, but they have narrower (or unknown) applicability or ‘transferability’ across tasks and settings compared with general intelligence"

Location hidden

#584172 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I wouldn't outlaw hot dogs, but I wouldn't say that if one is a REAL American, they should eat them- like YOU said about 2 or 3 months ago.....
I have no liberal motto, RR. You're lying again and proving just how delusional you are again.
BTW, it was YOUR GW whose stance was: My way or the highway- your ultra-conservative, born again CHRISTIAN GW Bush.
LMAO!

I see...

I can't call him "your Obama" but you can call him "my GW"

Got it.

Sorry, I forgot the OCB rules of debate...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584174 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, those "nasty" parts are considered delicacies in many cultures. Here's some actual information not just a blog:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/foods-fro...
I recommend anyone who buys food bookmark that site, simply because more people need to know what's actually in their food. But you are correct, Oscar Mayer stopped adding in fillers, thus now they are considered viable for gluten free diets, such as mine.
Even a dietary company has no issues with these:
http://www.foodfacts.com/NutritionFacts/Meat-...
My point was valid though, the nutritional value of the hotdog is actually higher than that of a typical home made cheesebuger:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-prod...
Not by much, but they do contain more necessary vitamins and minerals.
First of all, what I first posted was from Oscar Meyer's website.

And I would hardly call a blog on Scientific American "just" a blog- not to mention it is the first site I came upon.

All the others list the same thing.

Sorry, kitten- while I do indulge in a hot dog every now and again, I don't fool myself into thinking I am indulging in anything but junk and garbage along with a "healthy" dose of chemicals and preservatives.

That's why it is an indulgence for me and a very rare one at that.

I won't deny they taste good, but I won't deny I am feeding myself garbage on those rare occasions that I do indulge.

BTW, grasshoppers are also a delicacy to some; I am not among them, but then again, a grasshopper is healthier to eat than a hot dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 5,352
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Patrick 226,503
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Freebird USA 173,299
do right by your woman 9 min pusherman_ 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min Epiphany2 600,142
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 51 min yon 2,514
00971527721611 body to body massage full body m... 58 min COCO 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,091
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr hojo 539,402
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search