|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It affects us all, OCB.
The point is your man Obama raised taxes on us. Again.
Gotta love him.
Your man Bush got us into all this debt with his bogus 10 year war in Iraq and now you fools don't want to pay for it. Obama inherited Bush's debt, who do you think is going to pay it down, the Chinese?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I ate the potato salad.
Sorry.
Here, eat some buns.
;)
BUNS??? What good are buns? I was really looking forward to having some of that potato salad.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I should be in control of my body, not you. Do you want me in control of yours?
I have no idea what you are talking about with the hot dog remark.
That's because my post was addressed to RiversideRedneck and NOT you.

And actually, I was defending what you posted to RR- not criticizing it.

I see that you're just as defensive as you were some time ago, Pat....I wouldn't expect that to change, but you took offense when not only was none intended, nothing was posted for you to take offense about.
spanky

Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Mylan wrote:
Both Santa and jesus are myths. The bible is nothing but the worlds first comic book. Anyone who would believe (sometimes literally) anything from it is a fool just wasting their life away.

The marxist liars have been saying this. The historians who were there have the final word on the matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
No- but it IS a right for people to just drop dead for no other reason than not being able to AFFORD insurance or health care, right?
Correct.
Obamacare is a MISNOMER, you dolt. It is NATIONAL health care.
Yes, it is an apt misnomer.
Hey- no one will be forced to have insurance; if they don't, they run the risk of not being treated.
Bullshit. If you don't have insurance you pay a fine (fancy word for tax).

Nope- you're a fear monger. No matter what happens, health insurers will NOT be put of out business or become government owned businesses any more than auto or home insurers are.
Time will tell....
But- good Christian that you are- you're just fine and dandy with people dropping dead for no other reason than not being able to access or afford health care.
Correct. I'm not at all for government handouts. If people want good health care, they should strive to be better & go buy it.

If you were the good American you claim to be (but are NOT), you would see the value in a HEALTHY citizenry and how that impacts our free enterprise system, since a HEALTHY work force is a PRODUCTIVE work force. The more Americans can produce, the healthier our economy is and the better our free enterprise systems works.
You're wrong. In all for good health care. I'm all for a healthier America.

I'm NOT for free healthcare. It isn't a right to have good health, it's a choice.

I'm not comfortable watching some fat ass pigging out on McDonald's or some crack head sleeping in the gutter knowing that MY tax money is paying for them to be "healthier". They obviously don't wanna be healthy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
So why isn't it "stupid" to allow fattening, artery-clogging junk food to be sold?
It is, but those in power make a hell of a lot of money selling it, so a blind eye is turned.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your man Bush got us into all this debt with his bogus 10 year war in Iraq and now you fools don't want to pay for it. Obama inherited Bush's debt, who do you think is going to pay it down, the Chinese?
I'm not sure if Obama has added to our astounding debt to the Chinese which GW created, but taxing the wealthy in this country a paltry additional 0.9% in Medicare tax is hardly reason to feel sorry for the wealthy or for ANYONE for that matter.

Of course, those complaining about such a paltry tax increase will be the ones crying, screaming and whining the loudest should there be NO Medicare for them when they become eligible.
spanky

Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
The debate is over. Scientist have already documented the proof.Its there for anyone to review. You don't have to believe it. You obviously don't have a good grasp of reality or what real facts are anyway, so why should this be an exception?

The debate is not over. Other scientists disagree.

http://creation.com/bird-evolution-flies-out-...

Fossil frauds

www.paleodirect.com/fakepterosaurbirdfossils....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I should be in control of my body, not you. Do you want me in control of yours?
I have no idea what you are talking about with the hot dog remark.
Just to try to clarify:

RR said: Then clearly it would be stupid to allow drugs to be legal and easier to get.

That was in response to what you said about obese people, so my point to RR was that if it would be stupid to allow drugs to be legal and easier to get, why would it be stupid to ban fatty and artery clogging foods which also put one at risk when behind the wheel as you stated and correctly so?

The hot dog remark was also addressed to RR- since some weeks ago, he said that all Americans should eat hot dogs.

Hope this helps.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
Married filing jointly $250,000
Married filing separately $125,000
Single $200,000
Head of household (with qualifying person)$200,000
Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child $200,000
So the above people who are the ones who will be affected by the 0.9% Medicare tax increase are of great concern to you?
Do YOU fall into ANY of the above categories regarding your income?
If not, WTF is it to you?
You're a SHILL for the rich, RR- just the way the rich want it.
I disagree with taxes being raised in anyone, especially during a recession.

You're not talking about super rich, you're talking about everyday people; lawyers, professors, dentist, contractors, etc all who'll be affected by the tax hike and in turn charge us more for their services to help offset their loss.

It's a lose-lose situation, except for the government...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It is, but those in power make a hell of a lot of money selling it, so a blind eye is turned.
I know- my question to RR was asked facetiously.

And I'm sure RR will agree with you while championing that as American free enterprise where all too often that includes thinking "the public be damned!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

spanky wrote:
The historians who were there have the final word on the matter.
Children believe just as whole heartedly in Santa Clause as you do in jesus. Doesn't mean he was ever here, in fact history has proven that jesus was nothing more than a story ripped off from other myths. Deal with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
Okay- you said you WERE touched by your god.
And that is what YOU offer for proof as the existence of a god and which you have steadfastly refused to admit is nothing more than your opinion/belief.
And the same goes for anyone else who has claimed what you did.
Feh.
OMG, what?!?

How the hell can I prove a touch to you?

Lets say you shook somebody's hand on August 2nd, 2011. Could you prove it?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

During World War II, the writer/journalist Evelyn Waugh was trapped in Europe in the company of Randolph Churchill, the boorish son of Winston Churchill. "In the hope of keeping him quiet," he wrote to Nancy Mitford, "I bet him 20 that he cannot read the whole Bible in a fortnight. Unhappily it has not had the result we hoped. He has never read any of it before and is hideously excited; keeps reading quotations aloud...or merely slapping his side and chortling,'God, isn't God a shit!'"

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>That's because my post was addressed to RiversideRedneck and NOT you.
And actually, I was defending what you posted to RR- not criticizing it.
I see that you're just as defensive as you were some time ago, Pat....I wouldn't expect that to change, but you took offense when not only was none intended, nothing was posted for you to take offense about.
It's because he is an atheist it is in his nature.

Ever hear about the frog and the scorpion?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

spanky wrote:
<quoted text>
The debate is not over. Other scientists disagree.
Except for the fact that they are NOT real scientist. LOL.. Nice try. Next time try to use something more than just a religious web site.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with taxes being raised in anyone, especially during a recession.
You're not talking about super rich, you're talking about everyday people; lawyers, professors, dentist, contractors, etc all who'll be affected by the tax hike and in turn charge us more for their services to help offset their loss.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Please be advised that my hourly rate will henceforth increase by ten percent (gotta include a little cushion).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Pat wrote:
"An obese person is more likley to have a heart attack or stroke and if it occurs behind the wheel they are more dangerous than a drunk."
So why isn't it "stupid" to allow fattening, artery-clogging junk food to be sold?
Of course, I realize I am asking that of someone who has posted here that all Americans should eat hot dogs.....
You're a liar.

I have never said that "all Americans should eat hot dogs".

But back to the point...

One can't get fat and have a heart attack after eating one cheeseburger, it takes years and years for a problem to develop.

One DOES get high on one dose of heroin and is an IMMEDIATE problem to everyone else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please! Have you forgotten how many times you've made negative remarks about science, scientific discoveries determined as fact, and how you have posted to me and others here saying: "*your* precious science"??
uh-huh...

Can't back up your lies again?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
<quoted text>
Yes, it is an apt misnomer.
<quoted text>
Bullshit. If you don't have insurance you pay a fine (fancy word for tax).
<quoted text>
Time will tell....
<quoted text>
Correct. I'm not at all for government handouts. If people want good health care, they should strive to be better & go buy it.
<quoted text>
You're wrong. In all for good health care. I'm all for a healthier America.
I'm NOT for free healthcare. It isn't a right to have good health, it's a choice.
I'm not comfortable watching some fat ass pigging out on McDonald's or some crack head sleeping in the gutter knowing that MY tax money is paying for them to be "healthier". They obviously don't wanna be healthy.
So you're for people dropping dead if they can't afford or access health care.

Got it.

Uh....what about the MANY who develop illnesses or diseases through no fault of their own?

They can just drop dead too, right RR??

Well, if the government does NOT step in to bring health insurers into line regarding things like pre-existing conditions, then NO amount of money can buy health insurance.

An apt misnomer? Contradiction in terms, doofus. A misnomer is NOT apt- that's why it's a misnomer.

Definition of MISNOMER
: the misnaming of a person in a legal instrument
a : a use of a wrong or inappropriate name
b : a wrong name or inappropriate designation

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mis...

No need to thank me for providing you with the definition of the word despite that you obviously had NO clue as to the meaning if you refer to a misnomer as "apt".

You're not at ALL for "government handouts"? So you don't want to pay taxes for:

1. Social Security
2. Medicare
3. Public libraries (this I am SURE of since I am just as sure you have never read a book in your entire life)
4. Police and fire departments
5. Road maintenance

Just a very short list of what could rightly be called "government handouts", since the government pays for all of the above with OUR tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

646 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins, game 2 ! (Aug '12) 6 min Concerned_American 336
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Oxbow 533,367
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min Neelakaran 4,899
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 14 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 5,266
Have you ever farted and poop came out? (Jul '09) 21 min Real dr Shrink 31
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 256,900
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 37 min godCHILD 115,557
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,528
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••