Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#584032 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nope- atheists don't do that, RR- and certainly not as a general rule.
But the majority of theists DO.
For instance, YOUR claim that you were "touched" by your god which you think serves as fact/proof that ANY god exists.
It doesn't, but you have repeatedly and adamantly stated that that IS proof.
And let's not forget that it is YOU who scorns and sneers at scientific evidence and scientific facts- NOT atheists.
I did not CLAIM to be touched by God. I shared a story with y'all that I WAS touched by God.

And I'm not the only one. He has touched billions of other people.

Exactly what scientific facts do you think I sneer at?
Pat

Granby, CT

#584033 Jan 7, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you are not suppose to look to other PEOPLE for your answers and examples concerning God.
people make mistakes, we are suppose to look to Christ ONLY for our example and instruction.
then we won't get 'burned by' or disappointed by baptists or any one else.
So why did god have to come to earth and get himself crucifed in order to protect us from himself? Whose fault is it that god created morally challenged humans and then gave them free will? Is your god a major screw up or did he intend for sin all along so he could then have something he could torture in his happy land called hell?
Faith, especially the christian flavor of the god garbage is pure insantiy. Every church is a lunatic asylum full of death denying dishonest cowards practicing ritualized cannabilism once a week. Evolution has left you fools behind.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#584034 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

"A new Additional Medicare Tax goes into effect starting in 2013. The 0.9 percent Additional Medicare Tax applies to an individualís wages, Railroad Retirement Tax Act compensation, and self-employment income that exceeds a threshold amount based on the individualís filing status."
yay Obama! He signed it into law. Thanks!
Married filing jointly $250,000
Married filing separately $125,000
Single $200,000
Head of household (with qualifying person)$200,000
Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child $200,000

So the above people who are the ones who will be affected by the 0.9% Medicare tax increase are of great concern to you?

Do YOU fall into ANY of the above categories regarding your income?

If not, WTF is it to you?

You're a SHILL for the rich, RR- just the way the rich want it.

And the more you champion their "rights", the more yours will be trampled upon.

You're a smarmy and sorry piece of work to have left the threshold OUT of what you posted.

No WONDER I was unaware of it; I don't qualify for the extra tax and I am quite sure YOU don't either.

My sympathies do not lie with the very small percentage of the upper income earners in this country; MY sympathies lie with those who make it possible- that being the majority of Americans who work for the wealthy and who don't even come close to any of the threshold levels of income to qualify for the additional 0.9% in Medicare taxes.

But hey- since it bothers YOU show much- in less than 20 years when YOU become Medicare eligible, you DO have a choice. Don't sign on for Medicare.

But something tells me that as you turning 65 is upon you, you'll be ringing the phone off the hook calling the Medicare people in order to sign up.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#584035 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to be cremated so there will be nothing left for your evil hell master to burn. All you prove is that fear drives your faith. You are a coward and you better hope there is no god for if there is it will be the fools like you who go though life drunk on mythology that get tossed into the fire, not the honest people who use the brains god gave them. You can bet god will find more merit in blind ignorant faith then he does in logic and reason and I'll take my chances.
Well said!
Pat

Granby, CT

#584036 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then clearly it would be stupid to allow drugs to be legal and easier to get.
Rather it is both stupid and hypocritical to allow a narcotic like alcohol, a drug that causes physical addiction and many overdose deaths every year to be legal while putting people in prison for cocaine or marijuana. So I take it you want alcohol banned?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584037 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not CLAIM to be touched by God. I shared a story with y'all that I WAS touched by God.
Okay- you said you WERE touched by your god.

And that is what YOU offer for proof as the existence of a god and which you have steadfastly refused to admit is nothing more than your opinion/belief.

And the same goes for anyone else who has claimed what you did.

Feh.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584038 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Again- with the persecution complex!
I never said gun owners are evil- just irresponsible and all the more when they are gun owners like you who keep guns unlocked, loaded and in any number of rooms in your home- including your teenaged SONS' room.
That isn't necessarily evil, but it is irresponsible at best and very sick at worst.
Uh....what's the threshold amount, RR?
As of right now, we ALL pay 1.45% of our income into Medicare with NO threshold.
So just WHO does this threshold amount affect- meaning what are the earnings needed in order to be paying that additional 0.9%?
It affects us all, OCB.

The point is your man Obama raised taxes on us. Again.

Gotta love him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#584039 Jan 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I think he is white and just trying to trick people into hating blacks. Don't fall for his hate nonsense, Obviously no one can educate him/her so just have fun with it. Now pass the potato salad.
I ate the potato salad.

Sorry.

Here, eat some buns.

;)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584040 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then clearly it would be stupid to allow drugs to be legal and easier to get.
Pat wrote:

"An obese person is more likley to have a heart attack or stroke and if it occurs behind the wheel they are more dangerous than a drunk."

So why isn't it "stupid" to allow fattening, artery-clogging junk food to be sold?

Of course, I realize I am asking that of someone who has posted here that all Americans should eat hot dogs.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584041 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please! Have you forgotten how many times you've made negative remarks about science, scientific discoveries determined as fact, and how you have posted to me and others here saying: "*your* precious science"??

Location hidden

#584042 Jan 7, 2013
Dtz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont let the xmas scam confuse the real history of Jesus who died on the cross at the hands of Pilate just as the Bible says.
Both Santa and jesus are myths. The bible is nothing but the worlds first comic book. Anyone who would believe (sometimes literally) anything from it is a fool just wasting their life away.
Pat

Granby, CT

#584043 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, Mother Goose has touched billions too. Still waiting for you to provde one fact that shows how your god and an imaginary god are not just alike.

Faith is dishonest and amoral, ask Honest Abe. Claiming there is a god is no more honest than claiming there are aliens on Pluto.

"It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him." Abraham Lincoln

Location hidden

#584044 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
God has done as much in your life as Mother Goose you dishonest arrogant fool.
"He is good, merciful, loving and just."
Then explain infant cancers, mental retardation and other serious birth defects, just to name a few, you lying fool.
"I have lived my life without God, and With God, and i can attest to the fact WITH God is far better."
You are no different from a drunk arguing the merits of alcohol abuse.
"and all He has done and continues to do in my life."
Well, aren't you special! He lets little children die of starvation while he toys with your personal life! All you prove is that you have a very huge ego.
Well stated.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584045 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It affects us all, OCB.
Gotta love him.
BULLSH*T. Someone making over $200,000 grand a year paying 0.9% more in Medicare taxes affects me not at ALL- other than possibly helping to insure that Medicare will still exist when I become eligible for it.

I have NO problem with taxes being raised- not even my own.

Then again, I AM a good American and while never pleasant or something anyone wants, taxes going up is a necessary "evil" and like anything else, as the cost of doing business increases, those costs get passed on to the consumer.

And sorry, bub- Obama did NOT raise taxes on ME or on YOU- he raised taxes on those who can AFFORD it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#584046 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It affects us all, OCB.
Gotta love him.
Gee- it seems you didn't even KNOW whose taxes were raised that 0.9%.

How could you have when you say he raised taxes on "us" when the FACT of the matter is he raised taxes on the upper income folks?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#584047 Jan 7, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY you would think plant life was equivalant to human life.
Paty, you claim or questioned that an acorn does nto have DNA. All living things have DNA.

"Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is an informational molecule encoding the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and many viruses."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dna

"
What is DNA?

DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms. Nearly every cell in a personís body has the same DNA. Most DNA is located in the cell nucleus (where it is called nuclear DNA), but a small amount of DNA can also be found in the mitochondria (where it is called mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA)."

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/basics/dna

"
DNA
Ads
Ready-to-Use RNA Samples www.biochain.com/ 10% OFF All Standard Items Total RNA, mRNA, miRNA & Dr.P set
The DNA Ancestry Project www.dnaancestryproject.com/ Discover Your Ancestry with DNA. Find Ethnic and Geographic Origins.
DNA
Genetics. deoxyribonucleic acid: an extremely long macromolecule that is the main component of chromosomes and is the material that transfers genetic characteristics in all life forms, constructed of two nucleotide strands coiled around each other in a ladderlike arrangement with the sidepieces composed of alternating phosphate and deoxyribose units and the rungs composed of the purine and pyrimidine bases adenine, guanine, cytosine, and thymine: the genetic information of DNA is encoded in the sequence of the bases and is transcribed as the strands unwind and replicate. Compare base pair, gene, genetic code, RNA.
the set of nongenetic traits, qualities, or features that characterize a person or thing: Humility is just not in her DNA.
"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dna
Pat

Granby, CT

#584048 Jan 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Pat wrote:
"An obese person is more likley to have a heart attack or stroke and if it occurs behind the wheel they are more dangerous than a drunk."
So why isn't it "stupid" to allow fattening, artery-clogging junk food to be sold?
Of course, I realize I am asking that of someone who has posted here that all Americans should eat hot dogs.....
Because I should be in control of my body, not you. Do you want me in control of yours?

I have no idea what you are talking about with the hot dog remark.

Location hidden

#584049 Jan 7, 2013
Amish wrote:
no evidence any chicken has ever been anything other than a chicken. That's why they call it a THEORY and not a FACT.
The debate is over. Scientist have already documented the proof.Its there for anyone to review. You don't have to believe it. You obviously don't have a good grasp of reality or what real facts are anyway, so why should this be an exception?
Pat

Granby, CT

#584050 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It affects us all, OCB.
Gotta love him.
Your man Bush got us into all this debt with his bogus 10 year war in Iraq and now you fools don't want to pay for it. Obama inherited Bush's debt, who do you think is going to pay it down, the Chinese?

Location hidden

#584051 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I ate the potato salad.
Sorry.
Here, eat some buns.
;)
BUNS??? What good are buns? I was really looking forward to having some of that potato salad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min USA Born 591,449
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min nanoanomaly 4,832
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 20 min Kenny from south ... 5
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 20 min sab 716
'Caitlyn' Jenner fiasco is a REAL embarrassment... 29 min Liam 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min Student 40,579
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 100,239
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jimmy Savile 271,488
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 11 hr Neelakaran 1,477
More from around the web