“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#583932 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Poison has no other use except to kill.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
That's incorrect.
I meant rat poison. Which was the context of the hypothetical discussion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583933 Jan 7, 2013
You forgot quite a few other freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment. How about freedom of speech, of the press, to petition the government with grievances, and to assemble peaceably? Oh,and freedom *from* religion.
They all come before guns in the Bill of Rights.
If you paid attention, you'd notice that the 1st Amendment doesn't say "freedom from religion". It protects the right to freedom of religion and freedom of expression from government interference.

It's not a difficult sentence to read:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583934 Jan 7, 2013
BTW, I found your source - Urban Dictionary, definition 2, at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... . It also had a definition of a "Good Atheist" that you left out of your post. Here it is:
"A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending."
OH NO! You found the source..... I never said I wrote it. It just makes perfect sense.
I do not consider that a good model. It serves your purposes, not ours.
I don't care. I consider it a good example of good/bad atheists.(which is why I posted it, not you.)
Science isn't the reason for atheism. Rational skepticism is.
Then why do so many "bad atheists" claim to "believe in science first"?
Why study Christianity? A casual exposure to the brutality and irrationality in its bible, and the hypocrisy, scapegoating and anti-scientism in its church is sufficient.
LMAO! You just proved why one should study the bible BEFORE ranting on it.
(you're wrong)
Most atheists have not come to any conclusion about gods. They simply aren't interested in supported claims that they exist.
Right. "There is no gods", say the atheist.
"Open to the concept"? What concept? God? Religion? I'm not interested in hearing about your god or your religion at all. What's to discuss? Been there, done that. I'd rather discuss your church, what is happening to it, and why.
No, open to the concept of discussion.
"Mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical"?
That's inane. The essence of debate is defense of one position and criticism of its alternatives.
Says you. I can have a very rational conversation with atheists. People like you make it hard to not be critical because you're very condescending - you think you're right & we're wrong, which makes us dumb.
As far as condescension goes, sorry, but its the Christians who need to be brought down a peg. Faith is not a virtue. You call yourselves more spiritual and more moral. Both claims are shams.
If telling you so is condescending, then mea culpa.
That wasn't condescending at all, you simply voiced your opinion. But in my short time on Topix, I've noticed far more hatred coming from your side of the fence...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583935 Jan 7, 2013
Here ya go, IANS. A perfct example of you condescending atheists.....
Pat wrote:
God is a silly superstition. Life after death is a lie for we know for a fact that memory and awareness are brain functions and will cease upon death no differnt than ones blodd will no longer flow when their heart stops beating. A belief in ghosts is childish. Thiests are cowards, dishonest death deniers. If the god garbage didn't contain the life after death foolishness, theists would believe in god as often as they do aliens on Pluto. It's always really been about death denial and not about god. The ONE thing all theists have in common is their refusal to accept their own mortality honestly. If a corpse can not be considered conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness then NOTHING that we know of could ever be considered as being proven.
God is a silly superstition

A belief in ghosts is childish

Thiests are cowards, dishonest death deniers

the god garbage

ONE thing all theists have in common is their refusal to accept their own mortality honestly

=====

You atheists need to learn a lesson in understanding the difference between opinion and fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583936 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
God is a silly superstition. Life after death is a lie for we know for a fact that memory and awareness are brain functions and will cease upon death no differnt than ones blodd will no longer flow when their heart stops beating. A belief in ghosts is childish. Thiests are cowards, dishonest death deniers. If the god garbage didn't contain the life after death foolishness, theists would believe in god as often as they do aliens on Pluto. It's always really been about death denial and not about god. The ONE thing all theists have in common is their refusal to accept their own mortality honestly. If a corpse can not be considered conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness then NOTHING that we know of could ever be considered as being proven.

the god garbage

ONE thing all theists have in common is their refusal to accept their own mortality honestly

=====

You atheists need a lesson in understanding the difference between opinion and fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583937 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
Blacks may be physically superior but they are mentally and morally inferior.
That's a foolish, blanket statement. You're just as racist as that other sock.

It's safe to say that SOME blacks are stronger, but you CANNOT say that all are. I work with about 8 black dudes & 3 black women, not one of them is bigger or stronger than I am.

Racist atheist.
Pat

Granby, CT

#583938 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So then what, just let people do all the drugs they want?
Do you honestly think that would be good for society?
Trying to protect people from themselves has never worked nor is it in accordance with an appreciation for personal freedoms. You should be free to eat as much fat, drink as much booze, smoke as mcuh of anything you want to inhale and so forth so long as you do not infringe on the rights of others.

There are many things that could be argued as good for society. We could legally require people to excersize and eat a low fat diet too and no person could argue that it would not be "good" for society. The real question is does what you or anybody else deems good for society trump personal freedoms?
Pat

Granby, CT

#583939 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
the god garbage
=====
You atheists need to learn a lesson in understanding the difference between opinion and fact.
Then please, I beg of you, just one fact, one simple fact about your god that shows that your god and an imaginary god are not just alike.

A corpse is fact, what part of it don't you understand? We know for a FACT that memory and awareness are functions of an organ called the brain and we know for a fact this organ dies along with the rest of your body. Where are your facts about ghosts?
Pat

Granby, CT

#583940 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's safe to say that SOME blacks are stronger, but you CANNOT say that all are. I work with about 8 black dudes & 3 black women, not one of them is bigger or stronger than I am.
Racist atheist.
There is 100 years of mental testing to prove that blacks have lower IQ never mind the all too obvious social outcomes. The only thing in dispute (to some) is the cause for it. The people that never came up with the wheel, indoor plumbing or a written language are NOT intellectually equal to the people that split the atom, put a man on the moon and cured polio. It would be silly...even stupid to think they are equal in intellect.

There are decades of crime statistics to prove that blacks are more criminal and violent than whites. The real racist here is the one who will deny the facts about race and cling to silly unsupported dogma of racial equality for which there is no evidence what so ever. Nature has no concern for racial equality, blame your god for that.
Pat

Granby, CT

#583941 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist atheist.
When compared as groups, blacks have a lower IQ average than whites. When compared as groups, anti-social behaviors (sociopaths) are about ten times more prevelant in th black race. This clearly does not mean that there are no bright blacks or no white sociopaths.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583942 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
Then please, I beg of you, just one fact, one simple fact about your god that shows that your god and an imaginary god are not just alike.
A corpse is fact, what part of it don't you understand? We know for a FACT that memory and awareness are functions of an organ called the brain and we know for a fact this organ dies along with the rest of your body. Where are your facts about ghosts?
Ghosts? When have I once mentioned ghosts?

Stop you're delusional double-talk if you want to proceed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583943 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
Trying to protect people from themselves has never worked nor is it in accordance with an appreciation for personal freedoms. You should be free to eat as much fat, drink as much booze, smoke as mcuh of anything you want to inhale and so forth so long as you do not infringe on the rights of others.
There are many things that could be argued as good for society. We could legally require people to excersize and eat a low fat diet too and no person could argue that it would not be "good" for society. The real question is does what you or anybody else deems good for society trump personal freedoms?
Yes, but a person being fat or fit isn't a safety hazard to others.

People get so whacked outta their minds on drugs, they can't control themselves & are much more likely to break the law.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583944 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
There is 100 years of mental testing to prove that blacks have lower IQ never mind the all too obvious social outcomes. The only thing in dispute (to some) is the cause for it. The people that never came up with the wheel, indoor plumbing or a written language are NOT intellectually equal to the people that split the atom, put a man on the moon and cured polio. It would be silly...even stupid to think they are equal in intellect.
There are decades of crime statistics to prove that blacks are more criminal and violent than whites. The real racist here is the one who will deny the facts about race and cling to silly unsupported dogma of racial equality for which there is no evidence what so ever. Nature has no concern for racial equality, blame your god for that.
Oh, so close!

If only you hadn't typed that last sentence.......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583945 Jan 7, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
When compared as groups, blacks have a lower IQ average than whites. When compared as groups, anti-social behaviors (sociopaths) are about ten times more prevelant in th black race. This clearly does not mean that there are no bright blacks or no white sociopaths.
That's probably why our prisons are mostly black while our serial killers are mostly white.
Black Hebrew

Fayetteville, NC

#583946 Jan 7, 2013
...into the fire you go, boy.

Shalom

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#583947 Jan 7, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,an acorn has cells , energy, it is for reproduction.
ONLY you would think plant life was equivalant to human life.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#583948 Jan 7, 2013
Some of the best quotes in Dogma, IMHO.

Bethany - "I think that God is dead."
Jewish Doctor - "The sign of a true Catholic."

13th Apostle - "Crisis of faith over?"
Bethany - "I think I'm now burdened with an over abundance."

Bartleby - "You know how I felt? Righteous, justified, eager even..."

Loki - "You all right man? You're eyes are kind of..."

Bartleby - "My eyes are open, for the first time I get it. When that little innocent girl let her mission slip, I had an epiphany. In the beginning it was just us and Him, Angels and God..."

Loki - "Ah ha..."

Bartleby - "...Then He created humans, ours was designed to be a life of servitude and worship and bowing and scraping and adoration! He gave them more than He ever gave us! He gave them a choice! They can choose to acknowledge God or they can choose to ignore Him! All this time we've been down here, I've felt the absence of the Divine Presence and it's pained me as I'm sure it must've pained you, and why? Because of the way He made us! Had we been given free will, we could choose to ignore the pain, like they do... But NO! We're servants!"

Loki - "Ok... Well, all I'm sayin' here is that one of us may need a little nap..."

Bartleby - "Wake up! Humans have besmirched everything He's bestowed upon them! They were given paradise, they threw it away! They were given this planet, they've destroyed it! They were favoured best among all his endeavours and some of them, don't even believe He exists! And in spite of it all, He has shown them infinite f#cking patience, at every turn. What about us? I asked you, once, to lay down the sword, cause I felt sorry for them, what was the result? Our expulsion from paradise! Where was His infinite f#cking patience then?!?! It's not right! It's not fair! We've paid our debt, don't you think it's time? Don't you think it's time we went home?....and to do that, I, I think we might have to dispatch our, our would be dispatchers..."

Loki - "Wait...wait..wait! Kill them?!! You're talking about the last scion for Christ's sake, and what about Jay and Bob? I mean, those guys were all right.."

Bartleby - "Don't, don't my friend, don't let your sympathies get the best of you, they did me once. Scion or not, she's just a human, and by passing through that arch, our sins are forgiven...No harm, no foul."

Loki - "My God. I've heard a rant like this before..."

Bartleby - "What did you say?"

Loki - "I've heard a rant like this before."

Bartleby - "Don't you f ing do that to me..."

Loki - "You sound like the morning star."

B "You shut your f ing mouth!"

L "You do! You sound like Lucifer man! You've f ing lost it! You're not talking about going home Bartleby! You're talkin' about f cking WAR on God!!! Well, f ck that! I have seen what happens to the proud, when they take on the throne. I'm going back to Wisconsin."

Blessings <3

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#583949 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you choose to be an xtian?
i am not an "xtian". there is no such thing as an "xtian"

i am a CHRISTIAN, because i recognize and acknowledge God and all He has done and continues to do in my life.

He is good, merciful, loving and just.
Christ died for our sins and He loves us more than we can fathom in our human minds. He has fashioned us and purposed us for greater things.

I have lived my life without God, and With God, and i can attest to the fact WITH God is far better.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#583950 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An acorn doesn't reproduce.
The oak acorn is by nature oak, since it has oak DNA. Likewise, a fully developed oak tree is also by nature oak, since it has oak DNA.
The difference is that one is fully developed and the other is not.
The same goes with the life in the womb of the mother as compared to a full grown adult. A baby is not an adult, but both have the nature of a human.
The analogy is not a correct analogy anymore than saying a baby is not an adult, and therefore the baby is not human.
The attempted justification of the pro-abortionist is illogical and invalid.
you are wasting your time with boots, he believes we are the same as animals...and plant life.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#583951 Jan 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>A cars main purpose is transportation. A guns main purpose is to kill. BIG difference! I know you'll act like a 5 year old and say "prove it" but that's not going to convince anyone that guns aren't produced to kill, so you lose.
yes guns are 'weapons' used to kill.
BUT, you must also keep in mind, that on this earth where evil exists, and wars happen, and intruders break into home to rob and kill, that guns do serve a purpose in the scope of 'survival'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min The swamiji 7,164
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 6 min Arun 143
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 16 min The swamiji 1,461
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 37 min Ruby88 53,357
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 44 min wiseman34 192
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min Tony17 100,176
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr 2all 591,232
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Truths 4,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Truths 612,247
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 8 hr Quasi Moto 261
More from around the web