Prove there's a god.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#583898 Jan 7, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
<quoted text>
G-d's in control--it's not "racism", it's the truth. As for Africa, the majority of them don't belong to my tribe--they're hamites and shall be punished for selling the Israelites into slavery...perhaps they're being punished now.
My concern is that non-whites finish taking control of this country and that the UK falls to muslims, all of which has been predicted by reliable sources. As for America, prepare for minority status by 2042, if not sooner. Enjoy, you made your beds and now you'll lie in it.
You are a sociopath you should be institutionalized immediately , before you are allowed to harm children or murder your parents.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#583899 Jan 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm opposed.
Have you seen The Hunger Games?
No. I just read about the book on Wiki, though. I didn't see the connection with privatized prisons.

Fennario

#583901 Jan 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Have you seen one of IANS' looney posts where he said if he only converted one person away from Christianity that all the time he's spent ranting on Topix was worth it?
No, and neither have you.

Here an exhaustive search of Topix-dot-com using the parameters "aint necessarily," "one person," and "convert." There is nothing like what you claim there. Feel free to vary the parameters if you like a repeat the search - perhaps substituting "anybody" for "one person," or "converted" for "convert" :
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&s...

I have no misapprehension about you or any other theist here learning anything or converting to anything. You are considered goners.

I have explained many times why I am here, and it has nothing to do with converting the likes of you. Here is one such occasion:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

The more alert Christians among you will notice that you're not on this list of reasons to post on the Topix atheist threads. You'll find yourselves mentioned in item [5]

If this is atheist school, the teaching we do for one another is the lecture section, and you are the lab section. Your principle function is to be yourselves, and show us what a lifetime of faith-based thought and religious teaching can do for a person. We observe you and see firsthand just what quality of human it generates.

Look at how you lie shamelessly - you just lied about me. That character flaw runs rampant among you theists, something that I was not aware of before my Topix experience.

This is atheist school. Thanks for all you do.

Fennario

#583902 Jan 7, 2013
mimi57 wrote:
Hi, Catcher. Hope all is well.I haven't been on here in ages. Hope you had a nice Christmas/Holiday. I still have long and very heart felt letters from TLeary, he was really a gentle person who had a very interesting life. I can't bring myself to delete them... our conversations were long and sweet. It truly broke my heart when he died. If you ever want to know what his last deepest thoughts and feelings were, I can always email them to you...Anyway, people are not always as they appear on here. Henry was a sweet and gentle man and I wish him well wherever he may be.(:
Agreed. Henry's still my Facebook friend. I didn't want to delete his account.

I'm sure that you were aware that his son Harrison had just died months earlier. Had you seen the YouTube of Harrison playing Oye Como Va on lead electric guitar. Henry was very proud of him.

And did you see the responses of the Christians first to the news that Harrison was dead, which Henry brought us, then to the news that Henry was dead, which we learned from his sister? It was utterly repulsive. They behaved like jackals, gloating over each of them being in hell. I am not exaggerating. I'm sure that others here can confirm that, perhaps you as well.

Anyway, welcome back.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#583903 Jan 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
No. I just read about the book on Wiki, though. I didn't see the connection with privatized prisons.
The prison industrial complex and the Capitol in The Hunger Games have the same motivations and use the same justification for promoting a deeply divided class structure.

I haven't read the books or I'd give a better answer. I really liked the movie, and there will be two more.

Fennario

#583904 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And you want to liberalize drug laws?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Yes.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why?
The War on Drugs is a failure. It does FAR more harm than good.

"Take it from a businessman: The War on Drugs is just money down the drain." - Gary E. Johnson, Republican Governor of New Mexico (1995-2003)

"Penalties for the possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individial than the use of the drug itself." - Jimmy Carter, 39th U. S. President

"We need at least to consider and examine forms of controlled legalization of drugs." - George Shultz, Former U. S. Secretary of State under Reagan and Secretary of Labor under Nixon

"Can any policy, however high minded, be moral if it leads to widespread corruption, imprisons so many, has so racist an effect, destroys our inner cities, wreaks havoc on misguided and vulnerable individuals and brings death and destruction to foreign countries?" - Milton Friedman, Nobel Prize Winner, Economics, and economics mentor to Reagan

"Eighty-five million Americans have experimented with illegal drugs. Since the object of criminal law is to detect and punish the wrongdoer, should we reason that 85 million of us should have spend time in jail?" - William F. Buckley, Jr., conservative, Founder of the National Review

Fennario

#583905 Jan 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
In a lot of ways granny reminds me of conservatards.
Nano.

I can see nano scowling, holding a shotgun, and wearing army boots, except that Nano's boots would be covered in drifts of dandruff, yeast, and lice, since she prefers to go commando.

Fennario

#583906 Jan 7, 2013
Black Hebrew wrote:
Obama is one of ours--not the anti-christ, more like a savior as this marks the beginning of white-man's/satans rule of the earth, which is why people ALL over the world were crying with joy after his victory.
Shalom
I had a black patient that became a Jew. He wanted a circumcision as an adult. Oy gevalt!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#583907 Jan 7, 2013
IANS, I loved your list so much that I decided to copy it and add some reasons of my own :D

<partially quoted text, written by other topix poster>
REASONS TO POST ON TOPIX

[1] Learn from and share with one another. This is theist, atheist, talent, law, interpretation, bigotry, comedy, hypocrite, science and troll school; We have many gifted, as well as, many special minds here.
[2] Sway any possible uncommitted lurkers or future readers. Into what? Your guess is as good as mine.
[3] Practice and teach the formulation of better and more cogent arguments.
[4] Practice and teach writing, reading and comprehension skills.
[5] Observe the parade of theists, atheists, illiterates, racists, addicts, trolls, comedians and other assorted personalities, professional and otherwise - I'd pay for that.
[6] Fellowship with other theists and friendship with others. There haven’t (been) too many venues for this (atheism and mockery) in the past<-->(only most forums on earth).
[7] Entertainment - it's fun.
<end of partially quoted text, written by other topix poster>

My own additions, for now;

[8] Study & research.
[9] Exercise - way better than sit ups.
[10] Exploring alternate realities.

Peace, love and apple pies <3

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#583908 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we drop it already?
For every pro-gun argument there's an anti-gun argument.
It's getting us nowhere.
It's getting me somewhere.

I can see that you don't have a single valid argument for owning assault weapons.
RogerThat

AOL

#583909 Jan 7, 2013

God'd "CHOSEN ELECT" -------- 100% MATCH

Since: Feb 12

Germany

#583910 Jan 7, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The prison industrial complex and the Capitol in The Hunger Games have the same motivations and use the same justification for promoting a deeply divided class structure.
I haven't read the books or I'd give a better answer. I really liked the movie, and there will be two more.
Oh like obama!

Yep got it.

Fennario

#583911 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Poison has no other use except to kill.
That's incorrect.

One of the most potent poisons on earth is used medically. http://www.thinkypedia.com/question/19111/

Here are others:
http://listverse.com/2009/09/14/10-poisons-us...

Fennario

#583912 Jan 7, 2013
SAL wrote:
The global elite want to cleanse the entire West of Christianity - Europe, Russia, Australia, and north America.
Would that it were true.

The "global elite" are √ľberconservatives that see the rest of us as living capital, like livestock, but able to serve them in more ways. Do you think that that is an exaggeration? I mean it literally.

What could be more useful to such people than religion? Christianity even uses the metaphors of livestock: the Good Shepherd and his flock.

Christianity teaches the slave values, perfect for a sheep. Your priests have taught you to consider yourself dirt - failed and unworthy flesh - just like a slave.

A slave is taught to be without will or spirit - to be submissive - and to never stand up for himself. I'll bet that you are good at taking a punch in the face and offering your other cheek.

Meekness is not a virtue except meekness in a slave in the eyes of his master.

People who love you teach you independence, and to think for yourself. They teach real virtues like courage, integrity, fortitude, compassion, and justice, not being a spineless doormat. That's what somebody that want to exploit you teaches you.

That's what your church teaches you. Worshiping is for slaves, too. Look at the posture: Get down on your knees. Divert your gaze, close your eyes, and put your unworthy head down. Put your hands together in a begging posture, and begin mumbling to the ceiling fan in a whiny, victim voice. Let your lower lip tremble, your voice break, and your tears flow. Grovel like an insect and beg the ceiling fan to protect you from invisible devils. Tell the fan how worthless you are, how meaningless you are in comparison, and how lucky you feel to not be stepped on and extinguished like the unworthy cockroach that your bible tells you that you are. Beg he who you think made you human for mercy for the crime of being human.

How is this not perfect for the purposes of the elite? Why would they wipe that away?

Fennario

#583913 Jan 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =11DgnIKqJI4XX
Jumpin' Jesus on a Pogo Stick! How condign was that?

Fennario

#583914 Jan 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Bam!

Live by the sword and die by it, too.
endtime

AOL

#583915 Jan 7, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Fennario

#583916 Jan 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
this country was built on religious people who had guns. The very fist thing they outlined was freedom of religion. The second thing they outlined was the right to bear arms.
Seems to me they found those to be the very most important things.
You forgot quite a few other freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment. How about freedom of speech, of the press, to petition the government with grievances, and to assemble peaceably? Oh,and freedom *from* religion.

They all come before guns in the Bill of Rights.

Fennario

#583919 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Bad Athiest: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.
Religious Person: I believe in God
Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime
Religious Person: I belive in God
Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable!!!
This is pretty cartoonish.

Also, what difference should it make to an atheist how Christianity defines a good or bad atheist? The church has published its opinion of atheism in its holy book, and it's pretty hostile to us.

And finally, how can you be a bad atheist, even if you are a bad person? You might be an idiot, antisocial, and have body odor, but if in the area of belief in gods, you've rejected them all, you've done as well as is possible.

Fennario

#583920 Jan 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Bad Athiest: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.
Religious Person: I believe in God
Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime
Religious Person: I belive in God
Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable!!!
BTW, I found your source - Urban Dictionary, definition 2, at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... . It also had a definition of a "Good Atheist" that you left out of your post. Here it is:

"A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending."

I do not consider that a good model. It serves your purposes, not ours.

Science isn't the reason for atheism. Rational skepticism is.

Why study Christianity? A casual exposure to the brutality and irrationality in its bible, and the hypocrisy, scapegoating and anti-scientism in its church is sufficient.

Most atheists have not come to any conclusion about gods. They simply aren't interested in supported claims that they exist.

"Open to the concept"? What concept? God? Religion? I'm not interested in hearing about your god or your religion at all. What's to discuss? Been there, done that. I'd rather discuss your church, what is happening to it, and why.

"Mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical"?
That's inane. The essence of debate is defense of one position and criticism of its alternatives.

As far as condescension goes, sorry, but its the Christians who need to be brought down a peg. Faith is not a virtue. You call yourselves more spiritual and more moral. Both claims are shams.

If telling you so is condescending, then mea culpa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 2 min Johnny21 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min truth 650,853
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Bongo 56,498
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Demon Finder 18,667
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,495
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 183,001
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web