Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#583524 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm still waiting for one of these nut jobs to explain how a gun kills.......
Turns out that's not the real question.

The real question is how do we as a country protect others when they happen to do kill, and the answer is - liability insurance.

Please stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#583525 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Where does it say that in the constitution barney?
Nowhere, Wilma.

Just like it doesn't say that I can't own a gun.

Checkmate.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#583526 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then ban all the cars & computers, too. They get stolen....
Well, well, well, 24-7 is here spewing his illiterate stupidity. Are you stealing money from your dead-end job boss or stealing time from your family?

Location hidden

#583527 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya? What law is that?
Since when does the second amendment trump the rest of the constitution? Turns out, the rest of us have rights too. Imagine that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583528 Jan 6, 2013
Christopher Walken wrote:
<quoted text>
That's crazy. The lice, they were trespassing. They were there against my will, interlopers. I had to get rid of them, served them notice on several occasions, but they ignored me, as if I had no authority. My head still hurts, [email protected]!
LMAO!

Did you try a work program? I mean, they're there illegally, might as well put them to work.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583529 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No one has to ban them.
That's why we have insurance on them. LOL...
Right. That's why we also have insurance on our guns.

Checkmate again.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583530 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Turns out that's not the real question.
The real question is how do we as a country protect others when they happen to do kill, and the answer is - liability insurance.
Please stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop.
Right. Which is why we also have liability insurance on our cars.

Checkmate again.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#583531 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
I'm still waiting for one of these nut jobs to explain how a gun kills.......
Well, well, well, 24-7 is here spewing his illiterate stupidity. Are you stealing money from your dead-end job boss or stealing time from your family?

Try again. Put your hand into the shape of a gun. Point it at your temple. Pull the trigger. Wow. You live. Replace your "hand gun" with a locked and loaded handgun. Pull the trigger. There, the gun killed the finger didn't. Your silly bumper sticker bon mot is as ridiculous as any of your other "thoughts".

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#583532 Jan 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I'm all for liberalizing drug laws. And restricting gun laws.
Of course you are.
Christopher Walken

Carol Stream, IL

#583533 Jan 6, 2013
These Christians, they're a strange lot. They want their dogs to go come heaven with them. They make them pray before eating their meals. They don't understand they're not allowed up there. It's because of all the crap. There's no one to pick it up. The crap pickers, they're all in hell you see. It's crazy.

http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/dogs-say-grace/

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583534 Jan 6, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Well, well, well, 24-7 is here spewing his illiterate stupidity. Are you stealing money from your dead-end job boss or stealing time from your family?
If you're gonna throw our insults, it's generally not common to use the same one three times.....

Just sayin.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#583535 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere, Wilma.
Just like it doesn't say that I can't own a gun.
Checkmate.
Yeah, well, you idiots have turned the tide on that. This nation has unfortunately lost its ability to handle the Second Amendment. You gun nuts are too immature, to reckless, too obsessed, to stupid, and unable to dissect any thoughts that can't fit on a bumper sticker.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#583536 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
....I imagine safe sales will go up. Weird.
Imagine all you like, it's not gonna happen.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#583537 Jan 6, 2013
UR BS wrote:
The so call;ed cost in terms of false imprisonment are not what you would like ;people to believe.
Then that cost is acceptable to you then in exchange for some savings? Is that correct?
UR BS wrote:
I linked the article that stated the cost savings
That was not the issue. I asked you if you thought prisons should be privatized, and you said yes because private prisons were more efficient. I pointed out that a proper analysis required considering all costs, and that the cost of privatizing prisons was too great.

Fennario

#583538 Jan 6, 2013
UR BS wrote:
and I addressed the fact that in the one the other posted linked it talked about BOOT CAMPS, those are not Prisons, or even jails they are places that in many instances parents will send out of control kids to get them back in line.
You are frightening. What you describe is unacceptable all by itself. But it would be just the beginning. Why do you not fear the exact same pressures extending to every kind of private prison?

On a related note, did you know that for profit mental hospitals do the same thing? It's the same motivation. From http://www.nytimes.com/1997/08/08/business/te...

"a task force of 600 Federal agents swooped down on 20 National Medical facilities. A year later, the company's psychiatric subsidiary pleaded guilty to Federal charges that it paid kickbacks and bribes to doctors and others for patient referrals; the company paid $362.7 million in fines and penalties to settle various Federal and state charges of health care fraud."

Read the rest of that link and shiver. National Medical, BTW, is now called Tenet Healthcare.

Fennario

#583539 Jan 6, 2013
UR BS wrote:
I have very little faith in the so called data that the other poster referenced as it did make references to things that are not prisons.
Like I said, you make me shiver, too.
UR BS wrote:
Further let me ask this, where are the thousands of law suites for these supposed false imprisonments?
I don't know. Did you expect to be aware of them without seeking them out? I'm sure that they would be easy to track down if the names of the victims were available.
UR BS wrote:
When do these Judges go on trial for violating Federal Law by falsly imprisoning someone?
Why ask me? Are you suggesting by that question that none of this happened? We have the names of the judges: Mark Ciavarella and Michael Conahan

Look at how easy this is:

"A defiant Mark A. Ciavarella Jr. was sentenced to 28 years in prison and ordered to pay $965,000 in restitution this morning after reading a statement to the court in which he denied trading "kids for cash."
http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/ciavarella-s...

You can read about Conahan here: http://citizensvoice.com/boss-conahan-sentenc...

[CONT.]

Fennario

#583540 Jan 6, 2013
UR BS wrote:
The whole thing reeks of a simple propoganda rant.
Actually, it reeks of a guy married to his prejudices - a closed mind that refuses to be re-educated.
UR BS wrote:
Now as to linking well you just keep on doing it if it makes you feel special. as for me I posted, I linked it and if you are soo interested go find it.
LOL.

What is being debated here is not just this fact or that one, but entire ideologies, value systems, and the psychologies that they are grounded in. I am secure and don't feel that I need a gun. You are the opposite. I value justice, safety, and information. You don't.

Location hidden

#583541 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
. That's why we also have insurance on our guns.
Good. I'm thinking about buying stock in insurance companiesLOL...

Location hidden

#583542 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Which is why we also have liability insurance on our cars.
I'm glad you understand.

Don't worry, you'll just need to fill out a few forms and hand the nice man a little money.

There. Responsible gun owner.

Now wasn't that easy?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#583543 Jan 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't see an answer there. I'll ask again: What is the philosophical reason to target drugs in law enforcement, but not guns? I doubt a proper answer will include the word "taxes."
<quoted text>
I still don't see an answer to my question there. What is viewed as a criminal enterprise is defined by the law. Criminalize guns, and their illicit manufacture, sale and possession become just as criminal as those drugs.
The point is IANS the feds don't have a philosophy beyond
you will pay revenue on things that generate a profit.
The guns already did , if it were secretly manufactured firearms evading taxes they would be after them too.

The Harrison Narcotics Tax Act (Ch. 1, 38 Stat. 785) was a United States federal law that regulated and taxed the production, importation, and distribution of opiates. The act was proposed by Representative Francis Burton Harrison of New York and was approved on December 14, 1914.[1]

"An Act To provide for the registration of, with collectors of internal revenue, and to impose a special tax on all persons who produce, import, manufacture, compound, deal in, dispense, sell, distribute, or give away opium or coca leaves, their salts, derivatives, or preparations, and for other purposes." The courts interpreted this to mean that physicians could prescribe narcotics to patients in the course of normal treatment, but not for the treatment of addiction.

Although technically illegal for purposes of distribution and use, the distribution, sale and use of cocaine was still legal for registered companies and individuals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Narcoti...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min Jimmy D Cricket 31,096
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 59 min Seentheotherside 687,311
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Dr Who 182
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 3 hr Doctor REALITY 26
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 3 hr Warren Zevon 50
More from around the web