Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#583414 Jan 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting all religion aside, do you really think there is no soul at all kitten?
<3
I believe you would have to define "soul".

It's a word that means many different things to different people.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#583416 Jan 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
what are you personally prepared to do to insure the guns you (legally) own do not become involved in a sandy hook incident?
Good question, and well put.

Christians are all for accountability, right?- at least when it comes to "knocked up sluts" and "god haters."

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#583417 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>IOWs, you can't understand the science in the link.
...huff...
Not surprising.
You are infinitely pathetic.
Neither can you.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#583418 Jan 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you would have to define "soul".

It's a word that means many different things to different people.
Spirit, inner self, core energy?

Fennario

#583419 Jan 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
she was willing to risk the security of others, she is killed by the person she is training, now that there is funny as well as just
Aura Mytha wrote:
Vilifying a murder victim is not a trait we strongly recognize as ... honorable Bleeding heart liberal cowards love to though.
Nancy Lanza is hardly being vilified. She is being criticized. She made a mistake, a common one that people like you facilitate with your arguments. People like you and she are susceptible to such arguments.

Does Nancy Lanza deserve sympathy? yes, but not here and now. Right now, it is important to emphasize her contribution to her own death and that of twenty-five others. The fault must be shared between Ms. Lanza and the culture that taught her to think like that. That includes you, RiversideRedneck and UR BS.

None of you seems to care about reality - about cause and effect, about the positive correlation between gun culture and gun death, or about the welfare of those around you. All I see here is fear, and an indifference to the consequences of using guns to assuage it.

What message do you think you send when your arguments redirect attention to gun registration, and now to defending Nancy Lanza's reputation? Indifference to the problems that the rest of us are concerned about, which isn't how to get guns registered, or to vilify Nancy Lanza.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#583420 Jan 6, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Spirit, inner self, core energy?
"Spirit" is kind of vague. I have spirit. I don't have A spirit.

Inner self I would say yes. We all have an inner self that we strive for. I would define that as seeking our true self based on our own experiences and attempting to disregard the influences of others.

I'm not sure what you mean by core energy. That, also, can mean many things to many people.

Fennario

#583421 Jan 6, 2013
BadBreathBruce wrote:
I don't believe in the BBT [Big Bang Theory]. How can ORDER come from CHAOS and DISORDER, because that's what any kind of explosion is (CHAOS/DISORDER).
The Big Bang was not an explosion. And order can arise spontaneously from apparent disorder in the presence of physical forces. Have you seen what a magnet does to iron filings http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons... or gravity to river bottom sediments http://www.epa.gov/glnpo/arcs/EPA-905-B94-003... ? That's spontaneous order from apparent chaos.

Have you seen what phospholipids do in water? They spontaneously organize into micelles and membranes http://www.nfsdsystems.com/w3bio315/images/co...

Fennario

#583422 Jan 6, 2013
BadBreathBruce wrote:
The other two accounts (Babylonian and Viking) are most probably based on the Hebrew (Biblical) account anyway.
Probably not, and irrelevant even if true. We've got hundreds of creation stories to choose from - the Inuits ("Sedna's fingers ... changed into all the creatures of the seas."), the Australian aborigines ("The Father of All Spirits said to the Sun Mother, "Go down to the Earth and awake the sleeping spirits. Give them forms."), the Greeks ("Gaia created Uranus, the sky, to cover herself"), the Hindus ("When the gods sacrificed Purusha, his body produced clarified butter, which engendered the birds and animals"), and more. Were they all stolen from the Hebrews?

Fennario

#583423 Jan 6, 2013
BadBreathBruce wrote:
OK, you say the existence of God can't be proven, but you forgot the little three-letter word at the end of your sentence. That word is YET. The existence of God cannot be proven YET. One day He WILL be proven.
If by "God" you mean Jehovah-Jesus, that god can be ruled out now. What I said can't be disproven are generic gods. Specific gods can sometimes be ruled out, such as those with creation myths that are incorrect, or those that are logically impossible, like perfect gods that make mistakes. There are no more of them than there are married bachelors,and for the same reason.

Incidentally, you forgot to answer my only in that post: "The Big Bang theory and the Genesis creation story have almost nothing in common apart from a first moment for the universe. Are you thinking that that shows how insightful and prophetic the bible author(s) were?"
RogerThat

AOL

#583424 Jan 6, 2013

God's "CHOSEN ELECT" -------- 100% MATCH

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#583425 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You really should get medicated for that short term memory loss; or is it that you simply can't understand what I've told you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-structure_c... ;
No human would have ever existed if it were not for the order that is maintained in this universe.
Oh yeah... moron.
Ouch.. I like the chaos and randomness of the universe idea .

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#583426 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose yeah that's one way of seeing it.
We harness chaos and bring it to order in every way conceivable way.
Heat death of the universe is only a theory.

Fennario

#583427 Jan 6, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
UR BS wrote:
No but evidently you missed where I addressed just that claim.
I guess so. A pity that. I guess you aren't too proud of your post if you don't care to link to it, just refer to it.

I did respond to a post of yours on the subject, but yours ignored the central issue in the my post - the cost of private prisons in terms of false imprisonment. That couldn't be the post that you are referring to now, could it? That was woefully inadequate. My critique of that was at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

[See how that was done? I don't merely claim to have replied with a dismissive, "evidently you missed where I addressed just that claim." I link to mine. Why didn't you?]

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#583428 Jan 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course registration doesn't prevent crime any more than taking fingerprints does. Like fingerprinting, gun registration is helpful in solving crimes more than preventing them.
<quoted text>
It's the intentional discharging of the firearm that the rest of us who don't own guns care about the most.
Says you. I don't own a gun.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#583429 Jan 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither can you.
Go change yer diaper, grandpa. Yer entropy stinks.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#583430 Jan 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I missed your answer. I never saw your post, which suggest to me that it probably wasn't addressed to me specifically, but was a response to another poster instead.
This thread is too active for me to read all of the posts. When I fall far enough behind, I scan the pages for my name to make sure that I see everything addressed to me, and skip over most of the rest perforce.
Anyway, your answer shows a consistency lacking from most of the other gun advocates posting, who I assume don't share your radical libertarian philosophy. And by radical, I don't mean excessive, just extreme. Radical libertarianism is essentially anarchy, which I also don't mean in a judgmental sense here. It's a description of extreme deregulation.
I am more open to unregulated drugs than to unregulated guns, because your drug use affects me much less. With guns, that means fairly severe restrictions. With drugs, I would probably limit restrictions on use to antibiotics, which become useless faster with inappropriate usage - a danger to others.
I would limit the use of mind altering drugs only to arenas that affect others, such as driving or flying high.
I don't use drugs either, anymore. I just don't think that making criminals and prisoners put of people with an addiction doesnt help anyone.

Fennario

#583431 Jan 6, 2013
Christopher Walken wrote:
This God you speak of, I'll tell you a story. He once came to me on an island. He was wearing a Hawaiian shirt with no pants, and had tiny bells on his sandals that jingled when he walked.
Jingle bells? No, more cowbell. I need more cowbell. What this post needs is more cowbell http://www.newheathens.com/wp-content/uploads...

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#583432 Jan 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
God did lay his hand on me and God did speak to me.
<quoted text>
he is a coward, and does not easily identify as a male, it certainly appears that he has experienced a trauma.
You express your hatred well, penis.

Fennario

#583433 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Fookin troglodyte.
Congratulations, Tonto. How much beer did that take?

Location hidden

#583434 Jan 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spirit" is kind of vague. I have spirit. I don't have A spirit.
Inner self I would say yes. We all have an inner self that we strive for. I would define that as seeking our true self based on our own experiences and attempting to disregard the influences of others.
I'm not sure what you mean by core energy. That, also, can mean many things to many people.
If you're able to define it, that's not what she's talking about.

Probably.

They like their magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min President DonJ Trump 675,595
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 110,283
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 25 min Roxanne 474
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Palanty 46,195
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Retribution 15
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,752
More from around the web