Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#583373 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Registration and licensing do not prevent criminal misuse nor accidental fatalities involving motor vehicles in America, where more than 40,000 people die on the nation's highways each year.
Of course registration doesn't prevent crime any more than taking fingerprints does. Like fingerprinting, gun registration is helpful in solving crimes more than preventing them.
Aura Mytha wrote:
By contrast, about 1,400 persons are involved in fatal firearm accidents each year.
It's the intentional discharging of the firearm that the rest of us who don't own guns care about the most.

Fennario

#583374 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Registration and licensing have no effect on crime, as criminals, by definition, do not obey laws.
You mean little or no effect on crime prevention. But registration isn't really what we want, anyway. That's just a band-aid. We want fewer guns.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Indeed, a national survey of prisoners conducted by Wright and Rossi for the Department of Justice found that 82% agreed that "gun laws only affect law-abiding citizens; criminals will always be able to get guns."
I doubt many of us care what gun criminals think or say.

Fennario

#583375 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Registration and licensing of America's 60-65 million gun owners and their 200 million firearms would require the creation of a huge bureaucracy at tremendous cost to the taxpayer
Nonsense. As you may have noticed, America never seems to have a budget problem when it comes to funding foreign wars or the war on drugs. America seems to have unlimited funds for killing. If you want to fund the program, I suggest that you make about four less bombs and use the savings from that. That should come pretty close to covering the cost.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Further, felons are constitutionally exempt from a gun registration requirement. According to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Haynes v. U.S., since felons are prohibited by law from possessing a firearm, compelling them to register firearms would violate the Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination.
The Constitution can be changed.

Incidentally, none of this argument, which has been truncated for space, and which can be read in its entirety at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... , rebuts the "myth" that "honest citizens have nothing to fear from gun registration." You have nothing to fear from registering your guns.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#583376 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You really should get medicated for that short term memory loss; or is it that you simply can't understand what I've told you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-structure_c... ;
No human would have ever existed if it were not for the order that is maintained in this universe.
Oh yeah... moron.
When you tell me something that is based on actual science and relative to the discussion, then I shall listen. Until then, you are just a thing that is a proven liar. Since you are a proven liar, I need not address your points.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#583377 Jan 6, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> "The universe itself is not even perpetual". Shot yourself in the foot there. That's exactly my point!! You claim not to believe God exists, and yet you are basically admitting that the universe WILL eventually one day, come to an end!! Well it WON'T, as long as the GOD that you DO NOT BELIEVE IN, is around. LOL!!
Erm, you have evidence that contradicts all the evidence which suggests that the universe is winding down? Physicists and cosmologists would probably want to know this evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#583378 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Keep telling yourself that...idjit.
http://physics.aps.org/articles/v5/116
The story is far from over for those of us who can think and breathe at the same time.
Fookin troglodyte.
Proven liar, post dismissed.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#583379 Jan 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>First scandle......
Is that similar to a Kindle?

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#583380 Jan 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of registering guns is not to disarm criminals. It is to tie guns to people and crimes. It is related prosecuting gun crimes more than preventing them.
<quoted text>
That can be changed. There is a provision in the Constitution for amending its weaknesses and failures.

No it cant Ians these unlike Citizen rights , were rights set down by the people AKA the "Sovereignty of the people" and are considered god given. The right to bear arms is not given to citizens by the United States. It was given to ourselves as a condition of the formation of the United States. To muck with those conditions is monkeying with the fire that caused revolution to begin with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_sovereig...

But I realize we have a problem even if some of it is manufactured.
But the solution is nothing the democrats proposed yet. Fortunately Obama I think realizes this from his own words.

And his words nearly mirror my thoughts except he hasn't mentioned security for schools. Here is what he said.

"We know this is a complex issue that stirs deeply held passions and political divides. And as I said on Sunday night, there's no law or set of laws that can prevent every senseless act of violence in our society. We're going to need to work on making access to mental health care at least as easy as access to a gun. We're going to need to look more closely at a culture that all too often glorifies guns and violence. And any actions we must take must begin inside the home and inside our hearts.

But the fact that this problem is complex can no longer be an excuse for doing nothing. The fact that we can't prevent every act of violence doesn't mean we can't steadily reduce the violence, and prevent the very worst violence."

And BTW this..

It is to tie guns to people and crimes.

Never worked at all anywhere.
That is a lie to get addresses and names for future confiscation.
Which has already been done twice in the US and many times all over the world.

Location hidden

#583381 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven liar, post dismissed.
You've never proven me a liar, stupid.

Try, I dare you.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#583382 Jan 6, 2013
“There are two types of people in this world: those who like Neil Diamond and those who don’t."
Baby steps.
I'm watching "What about Bob?" right now on youtube.

Being obnoxious is truly an art.

Fennario

#583383 Jan 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I still don't see how someone could "still has the choice to believe in a god or not" but be atheist and claim to not believe in the existence of any gods...
Once the agnostic makes the decision to believe or not, she defines herself as a theist or an atheist.
Incidentally, whether you agree or not, you're agnostic by another definition of the word that I also use. I know that you don't know whether a god exists or not, whatever you claim. And that makes you agnostic about gods, like every other human being, whatever they claim.
You have no special senses, nor mental powers that I lack, nor access to any special knowledge not available to me. I know the answer to the god question is unknown to you just like it is to me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not agnostic by any means. I am (by your standards) a gnostic theist. I know God exists.
Yes, I think you have the first part - the four ways of knowing and believing such as gnostic theist and agnostic atheist.

This other matter relates to a second definition of agnostic. If you find it confusing, just ignore it. If you wish to look at it again, here's the argument again:

You are gnostic by one definition of gnostic and agnostic - you claim to know for certain.

But there is a second definition of agnosticism that says that the question is unanswerable,and that therefore, none f us is actually knowing whatever we claim,and that therefore we are all agnostic, whether we realize it or not.

There are two variations of this definition. One says that the question is forever insoluble, and the other that the question is presently unsolved, but may be answered in the future. Either way, nobody know today, making us all agnostic whatever our claim.

Location hidden

#583384 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you tell me something that is based on actual science and relative to the discussion, then I shall listen. Until then, you are just a thing that is a proven liar. Since you are a proven liar, I need not address your points.
You said the entire universe is nothing but chaos created from chaos. That is a lie, spawned from stupidity and whatever cult you follow.

BTW, how is your voice modulator, Rusty Nail? Your every waking moment is a lie.

G'head, show proof that I'm a liar, poofter.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#583385 Jan 6, 2013
The American Revolution marked a departure in the concept of popular sovereignty as it had been discussed and employed in the European historical context.

With their Revolution, Americans substituted the sovereignty in the person of King George III, with a collective sovereign—composed of the people. Thenceforth,

American revolutionaries generally agreed and were committed to the principle
that governments were legitimate only if they rested on popular sovereignty – that is, the sovereignty of the people.

[6] This idea—often linked with the notion of the consent of the governed—was not invented by the American revolutionaries. Rather, the consent of the governed and the idea of the people as a sovereign had clear 17th and 18th century intellectual roots in English history.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_sovereig...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#583386 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You've never proven me a liar, stupid.
Try, I dare you.
You made an assertion that I was not what I claimed to be yet I claimed only to be asexual, then when asked you presented zero evidence of your assertions, none. That makes you a liar because unless you have evidence, you have no way of knowing anything. Then you make ad hom attacks, all of which have been demonstrably false, and when called on them you scurry back to your cave avoiding the simple fact that you are just making it all up. Asserting something as fact without evidence is delusion, asserting something that is personal opinion as fact is lying. You are a proven liar, end of story.

Fennario

#583387 Jan 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Myth 5#
Foreign countries are two to six times more effective in solving crimes and punishing criminals than the U.S.
I hadn't heard that argument, and can't see why anybody would make it. The data presented is that countries with restrictive gun laws have fewer gun homicides. Can you rebut that?
Aura Mytha wrote:
Part of Japan's low crime rate is explained by the efficiency of its criminal justice system, fewer protections of the right to privacy, and fewer rights for criminal suspects than exist in the United States.
I think that the easy access to guns in America is the most important distinction between the two cultures accounting for the difference between the gun crime statistics in Japan and America.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Japanese police routinely search citizens at will and twice a year pay "home visits" to citizens' residences. Suspect confession rate is 95% and trial conviction rate is over 99.9%. The Tokyo Bar Association has said that the Japanese police routinely "...engage in torture or illegal treatment. Even in cases where suspects claimed to have been tortured and their bodies bore the physical traces to back their claims, courts have still accepted their confessions." Neither the powers and secrecy of the police nor the docility of defense counsel would be acceptable to most Americans. In addition, the Japanese police understate the amount of crime, particularly covering up the problem of organized crime, in order to appear more efficient an d worthy of the respect the citizens have for the police.
http://people.duke.edu/~gnsmith/articles/myth...
Irrelevant. We don't need to torture people to reduce the incidence of guns and gun deaths in American culture.

Location hidden

#583388 Jan 6, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
i experienced a Miracle. that is my proof that God really exists.
Shut it, gwad.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#583389 Jan 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You said the entire universe is nothing but chaos created from chaos. That is a lie, spawned from stupidity and whatever cult you follow.
BTW, how is your voice modulator, Rusty Nail? Your every waking moment is a lie.
G'head, show proof that I'm a liar, poofter.
It's not a lie because I only stated the universe is chaos incarnate, which it is. Planets colliding, black holes, solar systems colliding, stars exploding, that's chaotic.

I have no voice modulator, now why would you assume such?

Location hidden

#583390 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
IOWs, you can't understand the science in the link.

...huff...

Not surprising.

You are infinitely pathetic.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#583391 Jan 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I hadn't heard that argument, and can't see why anybody would make it. The data presented is that countries with restrictive gun laws have fewer gun homicides. Can you rebut that?
<quoted text>
I think that the easy access to guns in America is the most important distinction between the two cultures accounting for the difference between the gun crime statistics in Japan and America.
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. We don't need to torture people to reduce the incidence of guns and gun deaths in American culture.
The point is the effectiveness of a country to enforce it's laws is related to the disintegration of personal privacy and freedom.
Hitler was very effective at it, he had Germany in his iron fist.

Location hidden

#583392 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a lie because I only stated the universe is chaos incarnate, which it is. Planets colliding, black holes, solar systems colliding, stars exploding, that's chaotic.
I have no voice modulator, now why would you assume such?
Maybe if you spent more of your conscious time accepting reality, instead of pretending you are something that you are not, you might develop an understanding of just how wonderfully logical the universe behaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 51 min Clearwater 87,840
Where can i buy ecstasy in dundee?? ASAP (Feb '13) 1 hr DundeeDank 2
Profitional massage for girl in Sohar (oman) (Jan '15) 2 hr Funny life 33
The Future of Politics in America 2 hr Scaritual 134
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 hr Scaritual 12
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 284,458
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 3 hr gundee123 1,212
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 7 hr lightbeamrider 437
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr kent 665,093
More from around the web